Skyline Lounge

MMHearts

Just now, Pants Shaton said:

You can check my history on this stuff, if you like.  I love the people running the club, an anti-i8 if you will.  

Still the the original mock-ups of the skyline lounge (which I can’t find online anymore) were all amazing views, trendy decor and red brick columns.  The real thing is a bit meh - like the business lounge in a 4 star hotel.

The whole concept of match day hospitality is enjoying the premature h meals, drinks, entertainment and the game. Who in their right mind would book the Sky Lounge so they can see the castle. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prof

• Unknown user

• Thomaso

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pants Shaton
Just now, Prof said:

The whole concept of match day hospitality is enjoying the premature h meals, drinks, entertainment and the game. Who in their right mind would book the Sky Lounge so they can see the castle. 

No one.  

But weddings and corporate events might see that as a big selling point.  And it would have been ****ing cool.

12 minutes ago, Prof said:

Seems to me that whenever Hearts introduce a great new concept like Sky Lounge, a number of people fall over themselves in their desperation to criticise the club and somehow make out Hearts are run by idiots.

It's a shame but the club don't help themselves. Nobody made them big up a castle view, nobody made them mock up a stunning hospitality suite or show a stunning exterior as the proposed new stand.

Now, you can argue all you like that people should take marketing and conceptual designs with a pinch of salt but it can come as no surprise that people moan when you show them something amazing and then deliver some considerably lesser.

Over promise, under deliver never goes down well...always better to keep your powder dry imo.

1 minute ago, farin said:

Nobody’s doing that bud. I’ve posted literally 100’s of pics singing it praises from the start of construction till now. Pointing out an uncomfortable truth isn’t making anyone out to be an idiot, quite the reverse in fact. 

Uncomfortable truth - because you can’t see castle. Take an open top bus tour of the. Capital and stop slagging the club.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's a shame but the club don't help themselves. Nobody made them big up a castle view, nobody made them mock up a stunning hospitality suite or show a stunning exterior as the proposed new stand.

Now, you can argue all you like that people should take marketing and conceptual designs with a pinch of salt but it can come as no surprise that people moan when you show them something amazing and then deliver some considerably lesser.

Over promise, under deliver never goes down well...always better to keep your powder dry imo.

Who in their right mind would expect a great view of the castle from Gorgie!

Edited by Prof

Just now, Prof said:

Who in their right mind would expect a great view of the castle from Georgie!

Depends where she's standing.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Prof said:

Who in their right mind would expect a great view of the castle from Georgie!

Anyone who believed what they were told

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Have you ever gone to Tynecastle. If so you would realise the castle isn’t on the horizon.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Depends where she's standing.

She does have some experience of viewing castles, admittedly.

hqdefault.jpg

All they have to do is stand on the milk bottle crates that are provided for platinum sky lounge patrons

Those gold and silver patrons can get a lift on their friends shoulders

Easy

Unknown user
Just now, Prof said:

Have you ever gone to Tynecastle. If so you would realise the castle isn’t on the horizon.

No need to be a dick about it, I was answering your question. The club advertised it, most of us believed it. This isn't criticism, this is what happened.

I have been to Tynecastle, and I've enjoyed the view from the Wheatfield pre new stand. I've never hovered at a precise height above the old stand though.

Just now, CJGJ said:

All they have to do is stand on the milk bottle crates that are provided for platinum sky lounge patrons

Those gold and silver patrons can get a lift on their friends shoulders

Easy

Feeble comment. I don’t think the Sky Lounge is for you.

Just now, Prof said:

Skyline. That's twice now - it's not difficult. :)

No need to be a dick about it, I was answering your question. The club advertised it, most of us believed it. This isn't criticism, this is what happened.

I have been to Tynecastle, and I've enjoyed the view from the Wheatfield pre new stand. I've never hovered at a precise height above the old stand though.

If you have gone to Tynie you would realise that a view of the castle is impossible. Try walking down Fountainbridge and see if you have a great view of the castle.

Just now, Prof said:

Bronze patrons can only look on in admiration as our richer patrons move onwards and upwards

Just now, Prof said:

Even more feeble. 

Feeble? Pointing out that you can't even get the name of the lounge right? It shows lack of concentration on your part, which also reflects in you saying "Georgie" and the content of the rest of your posts. You're all over the place - you should just give up. :)

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

If you have gone to Tynie you would realise that a view of the castle is impossible. Try walking down Fountainbridge and see if you have a great view of the castle.

:laugh2: I couldn't give a **** mate, I'll probably never go up there. 

But the club advertised the castle view whether you're willing to embarrass yourself on the subject or not.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Bronze patrons can only look on in admiration as our richer patrons move onwards and upwards

Well I’ll certainly give it a try and I won’t be slagging the club for a great new initiative.

Tbf if I want to watch football I go to Tynecastle, (joke set up right there) and if I want to see the Castle... I eh,... Go to the Castle..

Just now, Smithee said:

But the club advertised the castle view whether you're willing to embarrass yourself on the subject or not.

Castle view! Give me a break. I repeat what imbecile would expect to see Edinburgh Castle from Gorgie.

1 minute ago, Blacky87 said:

Tbf if I want to watch football I go to Tynecastle, (joke set up right there) and if I want to see the Castle... I eh,... Go to the Castle..

👍👍

Unknown user

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Castle view! Give me a break. I repeat what imbecile would expect to see Edinburgh Castle from Gorgie.

Those within the club who advertised it as such, please don't slag the club by calling them imbeciles.

15 minutes ago, Prof said:

Who in their right mind would expect a great view of the castle from Gorgie!

The person or Company paying for a "new" building in Gorgie that has planning permission to be high enough to incorporate an uninterrupted view to the East of Edinburgh Castle.

So that will be Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Ann Budge.

4 minutes ago, Prof said:

👍👍

Can't work out if they are sarcastic or not. However was trying to be light hearted about it all! 😏

9 minutes ago, Prof said:

So what is in the pictures on this thread? Had the lounge been higher, a view would be entirely possible from it. You used to be able to see it from the back of the wheatfield.

You can see the castle from one end of the terrace and from the rooftop above. 

Someone's not been to Tynecastle but I don't think it's Smithee...

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And you can see the castle so what's your point ?

If you could not see it then fine but you can so I just don't see the point you are making

It's like moaning about a sea view at a hotel when there is one but just not as good a view as you would like

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If you could not see it then fine but you can so I just don't see the point you are making

It's like moaning about a sea view at a hotel when there is one but just not as good a view as you would like

I am sure that you will be absolutely happy when away to Celtic and your seat affords you this view.

image.png.bec0a02522ec7ed9ab7c425f0cc2c9b0.png

What is that I hear you say?

"I can see the pitch so I am more than happy. Restricted view? No idea what all the fuss is about. 

image.png

Sorry but I thought the view was so good it was worth showing it twice.

Edited by 7628mm

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

My point is that the club said there would be a view of the castle in response to that other guy denying it, insisting it's impossible, and that only imbeciles would believe it. 

I thought it was kind of obvious to be honest. 

Can the club not supply a golf periscope for those going to the skyline lounge or build in 45 degree angled mirrors to the floor and ceiling?

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So what is in the pictures on this thread? Had the lounge been higher, a view would be entirely possible from it. You used to be able to see it from the back of the wheatfield.

You can see the castle from one end of the terrace and from the rooftop above. 

Someone's not been to Tynecastle but I don't think it's Smithee...

"Prof" :laugh: 

4 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I am sure that you will be absolutely happy when away to Celtic and your seat affords you this view.

image.png.bec0a02522ec7ed9ab7c425f0cc2c9b0.png

What is that I hear you say?

"I can see the pitch so I am more than happy. Restricted view? No idea what all the fuss is about. 

image.png

Sorry but I thought the view was so good it was worth showing it twice.

I've had that view many a time

But you can see the pitch so as I said if there is a sea view then that's it..all you are arguing about is the quality of the view

There was no mention in the brochure of a 100% fantastic all round 'sea view' (insert castle) from the lounge..just a view and that is true

Unknown user
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

I've had that view many a time

But you can see the pitch so as I said if there is a sea view then that's it..all you are arguing about is the quality of the view

There was no mention in the brochure of a 100% fantastic all round 'sea view' (insert castle) from the lounge..just a view and that is true

You should discuss it with Prof, he's the one who insists it's impossible.

By private message, ideally. 

Just now, Smithee said:

You should discuss it with Prof, he's the one who insists it's impossible.

By private message, ideally. 

Please no ..next you'll be wanting me to private message you.

There are limits  😟

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Clerry Jambo Junior getting married in the Skyline 2 weeks today, looking very nice indeed.

Canapes on the balcony you say....................just hope its bloody dry!!

I think that was a general invite to all kickbackers... Free bar on Clerry 😂

Stephen Muddie

That table setting is ringing my OCd alarm something awfy. Whatever happened to thumbspace rule FFS

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Can someone tell me if this is a thread slagging the club and/or a Levein or one that compliments them - so I can respond accordingly

Mods - can you help our please?

CloustonHMFC

Can you see the castle from the Skyline lounge? Yes you can, so the literature and marketing was correct, although the view may not be good enough for some. 

Literally everything the club does has people waiting to pounce to point out flaws or to complain. Do people actually get enjoyment out of bringing down the club we all love?

Edited by DarioHMFC

1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

It totally does look like it is taken from the Skyline balcony. 

You are still in fact correct - you can see the castle at the very far end of the balcony area - apologies.

There is however no view of the castle from within the Skyline lounge or the balcony area adjacent to it.

Unknown user
52 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was in a metal band that covered that song many years ago as it happens. 

Metal Metal Metal Metal

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Indeed though my list would be 

1. Food

2. Food

3. Attractive Women

4. Food

No idea why people want to try and pick at the club , can see the castle , cant see the castle. I can see my neighbours house from my kitchen but not my bedroom. Does that mean I can or can’t see my neighbours house. Way we go on , on here its like Schrödinger’s Castle... 

Or is it?

3 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

For Skyline, you can have up to ten alcoholic drinks including champagne on arrival.

That's a hell of a lot of bevvy to get through on arrival.  How much do you get at half time?

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The new stand is not 10ft too low.

It is build at the correct height to match the level of the trusses and roof on the other 3 stands.

The PR people at the Club assumes you could see the castle from the balcony area - they were wrong!

Surely, you of all people could have wangled something using smoke and mirrors?

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

You ask a question which is easy to answer ...can you see the castle from the Skyline lounge ?..Answer Yes

They then go on and on about not seeing it from every spot in the lounge ignoring the facts

It really is just that sad.  I'd love to visit their homes and do a critique about their sea views, views over the park , Arthurs seat in the distance local schools within a mile...well at least within 3 miles when challenged and for what reason for all it does is damage a club they claim to support

You would probably be overcome by the stench of stale urine from all of the piss stained pants.

Byyy The Light
56 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Can you see the castle from the Skyline lounge? Yes you can, so the literature and marketing was correct, although the view may not be good enough for some. 

Literally everything the club does has people waiting to pounce to point out flaws or to complain. Do people actually get enjoyment out of bringing down the club we all love?

No they just have Hibs mates who wind them up and they’ve not got the speed of brain to deal with them