Today's tabloid watch

vegas-voss

Ok just back from the shop and bought the 3 main rags.

Here is the Hearts headlines

The Sun

Rober Ear - Jambos snubbed again..now they're sunk if they don't get a new boss quick says Jim Duffy.

The Star - No Wonder You Can't Get A Boss

The Record

Kaunas Kids Not Good Enough For Hearts - That's Why I'll Snub Hearts Claims Jambos Target

ps the Record is in full swing it actually has 5 stories on us spread over 2 pages.

Ok despite all the headlines Rober has not actually knocked us back it's more that he does not think he will get the job.It's actually a good article in the Record with lots of quotes from him.Rober has only been interviewed and has not yet been offered the job but he says if it came to the time he was offered a contract he would insist he was responsible for the job.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Ok despite all the headlines Rober has not actually knocked us back it's more that he does not think he will get the job.It's actually a good article in the Record with lots of quotes from him.Rober has only been interviewed and has not yet been offered the job but he says if it came to the time he was offered a contract he would insist he was responsible for the job.

One would infer, therefore, that Vlad still wants to parachute his pyramid players and impose them on any manager.

If that is what he wants to do, fine, but it is not in the interests of HMFC any longer for this to continue. Therefore, Romanov should no longer have the support of our fans.

Well quotes are good, so this means Rober isn't off the list yet. But here we have another deadline! so why hasn't he been offered the job yet!!!?

Even if vlad does get the finger oot and make contact I still fear it will inevitably come down to selection/interfering again :sad:

Rober...'I'll come and be responsible for the job if im responsible for choosing the team' surely, like any manager worth their salt.

Since he hasn't been offered yet, if thats the case' I can only imagine vlad has something else lined up. Should we expect another puppet to unveiled today?

One would infer, therefore, that Vlad still wants to parachute his pyramid players and impose them on any manager.

If that is what he wants to do, fine, but it is not in the interests of HMFC any longer for this to continue. Therefore, Romanov should no longer have the support of our fans.

Yeah Rober says that is Vlads idea but he says that he watched a reserve game with Romanov and the players on show were not good enough for what Vlad wants.

So Vlad appears to have one final lifeline...

I wonder, is it he who is "cornered" in negotiations for once?

I guess the next 24 hours will tell either way

Well quotes are good, so this means Rober isn't off the list yet. But here we have another deadline! so why hasn't he been offered the job yet!!!?

Even if vlad does get the finger oot and make contact I still fear it will inevitably come down to selection/interfering again :sad:

Rober...'I'll come and be responsible for the job if im responsible for choosing the team' surely, like any manager worth their salt.

Since he hasn't been offered yet, if thats the case' I can only imagine vlad has something else lined up. Should we expect another puppet to unveiled today?

I think he probably has anther couple of managers to interview(maybe already has interviewed them)and the closest one to Vlads way of thinking will get the gig.Must admit i like the way Rober talks and he has brought through some top class players.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If Vlad is "cornered", he will probably appoint him and sack him at the first opportunity.

I don't think he is though, in his mind. To him, all that matters is getting someone in who is happy with the pyramid system. Except he isn't exactly falling over himself interviewing candidates who support this outlook.

Just read the Sun and The Star stories now basically just rehashes of yesterday's Sunday Mail story and Duffy and Foulkes getting there voice heard aswell.

grumpyespana

Your quote is interesting because I was on the bbc 606 site and this guy who goes under the romanov experiment had inside info saying that this guy will be unvailed early this week as our new manager and this was all after the doom and gloom stories about him turning down the job, read his comments its interesting reading.

Grumpy.

Your quote is interesting because I was on the bbc 606 site and this guy who goes under the romanov experiment had inside info saying that this guy will be unvailed early this week as our new manager and this was all after the doom and gloom stories about him turning down the job, read his comments its interesting reading.

Grumpy.

If you read the story when the Record updates online it's actually a good read and the guy sounds top drawer.The other 4 stories in the Record are just scare mongering pish though.

Daily Record -

German coach Roder reckons he has only a 10% chance of taking control of Hearts

Plus the Record has a dig at Korobotchup - Korobotchup Snubbed Hearts training to go watch the Euro Final even though his club is in turmoil.

Daily Record -

German coach Roder reckons he has only a 10% chance of taking control of Hearts

Plus the Record has a dig at Korobotchup - Korobotchup Snubbed Hearts training to go watch the Euro Final even though his club is in turmoil.

The Sunday Mail said Rober had snubbed us - and with quotes.

Now the Record quotes him as saying he has a 10% chance and will insist on having team control written into his contract.

Which one is lying?

Typical gutter garbage. I think the Bologna guy was right claiming the Record (and the Mail) just make up interviews.

Rober reckons Romanov may already be looking elsewhere for a manager and with pre-season work due to start this morning, hinted Kaunas coaches such as Andrei Zygmantovich may be parachuted in for the short-term.

He added: "I flew home on Saturday morning and we shook hands and both agreed to think about things. Maybe he'll phone me again but I know the team start training on Monday.

"They might be working on one or two other coaches for the position but they don't have any more time.

"Still, he also has one or two coaches in Kaunas - maybe they will be at Hearts on Monday morning to work with the players."

:rolleyes:

Rober was a great coach in the late 90's, it's now 2008, he aint good enough. Also, every head coach/manager in the SPL has experience of Scottish football, why are we interviewing people with no experience in our league.

The Real Maroonblood

Probably another sex case lined up or someone with baggage.

The Real Maroonblood
The Sunday Mail said Rober had snubbed us - and with quotes.

Now the Record quotes him as saying he has a 10% chance and will insist on having team control written into his contract.

Which one is lying?

Typical gutter garbage. I think the Bologna guy was right claiming the Record (and the Mail) just make up interviews.

Well they are in good company with "The Puppet Master."

Geoff Kilpatrick
Rober was a great coach in the late 90's, it's now 2008, he aint good enough. Also, every head coach/manager in the SPL has experience of Scottish football, why are we interviewing people with no experience in our league.

Actually, prerequisite experience of the SPL isn't one of the criteria I judge this on.

Managers like Wim Jansen and Dick Advocaat have won trophies here without any experience. So has Ivan Golac FFS!

You've got to admire the faith of Vlad's few remaining acolytes. Even direct quotes aren't good enough for them (unless it suits their agenda/beliefs), despite all the previous clamour for quotes. It's like listening to creationists, "I think God meant to say..."

Unbelievable.

Actually, prerequisite experience of the SPL isn't one of the criteria I judge this on.

Managers like Wim Jansen and Dick Advocaat have won trophies here without any experience. So has Ivan Golac FFS!

and Valdas, dont forget

You've got to admire the faith of Vlad's few remaining acolytes. Even direct quotes aren't good enough for them (unless it suits their agenda/beliefs), despite all the previous clamour for quotes. It's like listening to creationists, "I think God meant to say..."

Unbelievable.

Sorry but if you're referring to me I was not concerned with Vlad.

I mentioned that a newspaper (???) and its sister paper BOTH used quotes saying different things. Perhaps you in your superior all-knowing wisdom could clarify it for me. Is Rober still in the race or not?

Sorry but if you're referring to me I was not concerned with Vlad.

I mentioned that a newspaper (???) and its sister paper BOTH used quotes saying different things. Perhaps you in your superior all-knowing wisdom could clarify it for me. Is Rober still in the race or not?

You tell me, but based on the evidence, I'll guess not. I'm sure if either paper is making stuff up, you could take it up with the Press Complaints Commission. It's all about FACTS after all. :rolleyes:

The manager is not the issue. The lack of movement in the tranfers is more annoying. Even if we did get a good manager now how can he get anybody decent to come to the madhouse.

When Berra, Driver and a few others are sold before the start of the new season then I'll really start to worry.

You tell me, but based on the evidence, I'll guess not. I'm sure if either paper is making stuff up, you could take it up with the Press Complaints Commission. It's all about FACTS after all. :rolleyes:

You'll guess and then believe what you want.

So you don't know either. That's an obvious fact.

I don't need to go to the Press Complaints Commission. Is that not just for proper newspapers?

I don't need to go to the Press Complaints Commission. Is that not just for proper newspapers?

Aye don't give that rag any more publicity.

Jurgen Rober - "He wants to use Kaunas, MTZ-Ripo Minsk and maybe one other club he will buy to develop young players for Hearts who will work under a coach who can make them good enough for the English Premiership....We watched Kaunas reserves but from what I can see there are no brilliant young players there....I had a feeling he would tell me, 'Bring this player to the team, don't play this one. This would be a problem. The final decision must lie with the coach. If he doesn't have that right, he's dead as a coach."

I'll guess that's what he said as he's been quoted as saying it. But if they're making up quotes, you should take it to the PPC as it would breach article one of their code of practice and they'd be forced into making a public apology. You won't though.

The only obvious fact here is that for you, pro-Vlad quotes = the truth, anything negative about Vlad = lies, damned lies. :wacko:

Jurgen Rober - "He wants to use Kaunas, MTZ-Ripo Minsk and maybe one other club he will buy to develop young players for Hearts who will work under a coach who can make them good enough for the English Premiership....We watched Kaunas reserves but from what I can see there are no brilliant young players there....I had a feeling he would tell me, 'Bring this player to the team, don't play this one. This would be a problem. The final decision must lie with the coach. If he doesn't have that right, he's dead as a coach."

I'll guess that's what he said as he's been quoted as saying it. But if they're making up quotes, you should take it to the PPC as it would breach article one of their code of practice and they'd be forced into making a public apology. You won't though.

The only obvious fact here is that for you, pro-Vlad quotes = the truth, anything negative about Vlad = lies, damned lies. :wacko:

I am beginning to wonder if you're OK in the head, rambling on about pro Vlad and anti Vlad.

I'm talking about APPARENT DISCREPANCIES in related newspaper articles where one paper quoted that Rober had snubbed us while its sister paper said there was a 10% chance with a possible decision on Monday.

In addition your quote uses the words "I had a feeling he would tell me" which is different from saying he did tell him.

As regards the PPC, which seems to attract your vivid imagination, there may be no misquotes but to determine this we would need access to the whole of the interview which I don't have. Newspapers, and I am reluctant to include the Record stable in that category, use spin to sell papers and they need idiots who drop on the first words they read to complete the process.

Now can I clarify in big letters for you. THEY APPARENTLY USED CONTRASTING QUOTES - WHICH ONE IS CORRECT?

....now can I clarify in big letters for you. THEY APPARENTLY USED CONTRASTING QUOTES - WHICH ONE IS CORRECT?

"Apparently" used contrasting quotes?

They either did use contrasting quotes or they didn't - which is it?

I am beginning to wonder if you're OK in the head, rambling on about pro Vlad and anti Vlad.

I'm talking about APPARENT DISCREPANCIES in related newspaper articles where one paper quoted that Rober had snubbed us while its sister paper said there was a 10% chance with a possible decision on Monday.

In addition your quote uses the words "I had a feeling he would tell me" which is different from saying he did tell him.

As regards the PPC, which seems to attract your vivid imagination, there may be no misquotes but to determine this we would need access to the whole of the interview which I don't have. Newspapers, and I am reluctant to include the Record stable in that category, use spin to sell papers and they need idiots who drop on the first words they read to complete the process.

Now can I clarify in big letters for you. THEY APPARENTLY USED CONTRASTING QUOTES - WHICH ONE IS CORRECT?

Oh dear, you're really not the full shilling, are you. One article is larger and quotes more of the interview, the other is smaller and quotes less - you see, sometimes newspapers only have a certain amount of space, or print deadlines, that mean they can't always use an interview in full. Or sometimes it suits them to use the same interview to get a couple of different stories. What they tend not to do however is just make quotes up, as you suggested

No quotes are contrasting, only the articles themselves could be deemed as contrasting as they're slightly different ways of presenting the same interview. But you said you believed the Record/Mail made up interviews - WITH NO PROOF WHATSOEVER. I'm well aware that the Record/Mail are rags but I doubt even they would stoop to, as you claimed, making up quotes.

Now I know you're old and hard of thinking, but can you show me the CONTRASTING QUOTES you're blethering on about?

"Apparently" used contrasting quotes?

They either did use contrasting quotes or they didn't - which is it?

Getting into semantics now and you're probably right.

I was merely covering myself lest there should be some weird and wonderful explanation.

Oh dear, you're really not the full shilling, are you. One article is larger and quotes more of the interview, the other is smaller and quotes less - you see, sometimes newspapers only have a certain amount of space, or print deadlines, that mean they can't always use an interview in full. Or sometimes it suits them to use the same interview to get a couple of different stories. What they tend not to do however is just make quotes up, as you suggested

No quotes are contrasting, only the articles themselves could be deemed as contrasting as they're slightly different ways of presenting the same interview. But you said you believed the Record/Mail made up interviews - WITH NO PROOF WHATSOEVER. I'm well aware that the Record/Mail are rags but I doubt even they would stoop to, as you claimed, making up quotes.

Now I know you're old and hard of thinking, but can you show me the CONTRASTING QUOTES you're blethering on about?

The contrasting quotes are

Sunday Mail: The headline says "Rober says No to Hearts offer"

That to me suggests the end.

Record: Says he has a 10% chance of getting the job.

That suggests to me that there is a small chance (9:1) he could take it so it's not the end.

I agree that they may have used different ways of presenting the same interview but there is nothing slightly about it when one paper says he is not taking the job and the other says he may still do.

I also said, based on that belief, that I think the Bologna chairman was right in claiming that the Record make up interviews. I did not actually say they made up interviews but perhaps should have said "I am beginning to think".

Archived