O Captain! My Captain!

Sub4TiddlerMurray

brunoatemyhamster

Though he was better tonight, and doesn't deserve the flak he's been getting. 

He still played a few long balls to Uche though. Like he forgot he wasn't playing but then again so did our keeper so 9/10.

Wouldn't  describe his performance as "outstanding " -  just getting back to something more normal for him. The improvement was probably down to the players around him taking more responsibility . In truth they were all better but that wasn't hard bearing in mind what we've witnessed recently. The trick is to keep it going.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Just now, JohnB said:

Wouldn't  describe his performance as "outstanding " -  just getting back to something more normal for him. The improvement was probably down to the players around him taking more responsibility . In truth they were all better but that wasn't hard bearing in mind what we've witnessed recently. The trick is to keep it going.

If you get a chance, watch the game again. He was genuinely outstanding, with superbly well-timed tackles and headers, time after time. Easily MOTM for me

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

If you get a chance, watch the game again. He was genuinely outstanding, with superbly well-timed tackles and headers, time after time. Easily MOTM for me

Whit? No. He was much better but smith was head and shoulder in front as motm.

Probably his best performance since returning from injury.  It can't all be down to us punting Bobby as GK, can it?

Looked far more commanding defensively, his distribution is never going to be brilliant, but I don't mind that as long as he's dominating defensively, which he hasn't been doing recently.

Great to see him back as a force defensively..

CloustonHMFC

Best performance for a while tonight.

I still think we should move towards a Souttar and Halkett pairing with Souttar as captain when Souttar is back though. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

51 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I thought Berra was outstanding and deserves a bit of recognition after some recent JKB pasting. Thoughts?

He’s been excellent in many games post injury. The negative ‘clique’ on here don’t want to recognise that for some reason. Easily our best centre back. I would be very surprised if Souttar, Halkett or even McKenna replicate what Berra has achieved in the game! 

What a spine: Berra - Whelan - Naismith...

Was there any doubt?? Seriously, was there??? If so . Your a low life muder#######, moog scum suckin, shit###. But I totally defend your right to your opinion, good on ye. God bless. I f####### love you  man/ woman/ person of undefined gender..

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, scratchy said:

Was there any doubt?? Seriously, was there??? If so . Your a low life muder#######, moog scum suckin, shit###. But I totally defend your right to your opinion, good on ye. God bless. I f####### love you  man/ woman/ person of undefined gender..

4 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

Have  to agree he was better tonight maybe it was because bomb scare was not in goals lol. 

Maybe that's it though.

Said this a few times before. But our whole defence is outstanding when they've got confidence in the man between the sticks. I stand by it. Our defence went to sh1t when Bobby did...

Seymour M Hersh

He was certainly more like his old self but still manages to appear to panic and hoof the ball (usually back to opposition players) when under not a lot of pressure. 

Cost us the goal.

Don't care though, looks like there is a partnership forming and he obviously feels safer with what's going on behind him and in front of him.

He set his own standards and rightly gets criticism when he doesn't meet that standard and he hasn't of late. 

IMO he's been below par for a long time and it looked like finally last night someone has had a word. 

GorgieFifeLife
6 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Delighted great lad and servant to club Christophe, haters should be embarrassed.

What haters? He has rightly been criticised for a run of poor form but I'm sure nobody hates him! Outstanding last night and if he continues like that Souttar will have to wait to get back in.

Edited by GorgieFifeLife

Getintaethem

Played well last night.  Think the criticism of him has been fair, and he probably feels he has a point to prove.  Tougher test for him next week.

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Defensively he was solid. Still poor on the ball. Looks like he doesn’t want it at times

This.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Cost us the goal.

Don't care though, looks like there is a partnership forming and he obviously feels safer with what's going on behind him and in front of him.

He set his own standards and rightly gets criticism when he doesn't meet that standard and he hasn't of late. 

IMO he's been below par for a long time and it looked like finally last night someone has had a word. 

he didnt cost us the goal at all. Halkett pushes out to Nick it and didn’t finish the job, then Damour lost it.. hence he was trying to cover double the space

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Cost us the goal.

Nonsense. Damour lost the ball needlessly and Halkett got caught out of position trying to win it back. 

Outstanding apart from that one moment when he tried to shield the ball back to pereira in the 6 yard box. Looked back to his old self

Edited by 19/05/2012

Thought Police

Was that a new song for him last night to the Boss? Catchy

Edited by Thought Police

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

he didnt cost us the goal at all. Halkett pushes out to Nick it and didn’t finish the job, then Damour lost it.. hence he was trying to cover double the space

Watch the highlights.

Watch Berra.

That's atrocious defending. 

Get over yourself.

I actually thought Berra played pretty well against Ross County, clearing numerous balls into the box and winning most against a striker who had 2-3 inches on him. If you can put yourself through it, watch BBC Alba’s 90 minute rerun. His moment of madness with Bobby was highlighted and folk have him done. Same at Aberdeen, the goal was a mistake but he shackled Cosgrove very well for the rest of the game. 

I love the big man and I want HIM partnering one (or both) of Souttar/Halkett rather than being left out. 

19 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Nonsense. Damour lost the ball needlessly and Halkett got caught out of position trying to win it back. 

It's easy to mix up Damour and Berra tbf. 

8 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I thought Berra was outstanding and deserves a bit of recognition after some recent JKB pasting. Thoughts?

Said as much in the match thread.

Looked like the Berra we knew last night.

13 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Watch the highlights.

Watch Berra.

Get over yourself.

A bit harsh. Just watched the goal on the other thread and if Berra has gone with the scorer the gap would have literally been 10 yards at the centre of our defence. The guy was beyond Berra so if you want to be really picky, there’s a Hearts player (can’t tell who on my phone) two yards deeper than everyone else playing Long onside. 

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Watch the highlights.

Watch Berra.

Get over yourself.

Whats wring with people honestly, is it your opinion Is right and that’s the end of it. 

Damour lost the ball, Halkett stepped out trying to win it back (not blaming Halkett) berra was therefore left trying to cover 2 positions..

yes he looked flat footed and indecisive but if he’d stepped in to cover the run and the Motherwell player had cut inside and shot instead of slipping the pass you’d have been saying that was Berra’s fault as well.

he has to protect the centre of the box in that circumstance. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Watch the highlights.

Watch Berra.

Get over yourself.

Ffs. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

A bit harsh. Just watched the goal on the other thread and if Berra has gone with the scorer the gap would have literally been 10 yards at the centre of our defence. The guy was beyond Berra so if you want to be really picky, there’s a Hearts player (can’t tell who on my phone) two yards deeper than everyone else playing Long onside. 

29 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

9 minutes ago, WageThief said:

It's easy to mix up Damour and Berra tbf. 

All correct. 

chester copperpot

See these absolute foamers who keep saying he's done etc etc I ****ing have to bite my lip on here 

He had a bad injury, but hes still class in a glass 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Whats wring with people honestly, is it your opinion Is right and that’s the end of it. 

Damour lost the ball, Halkett stepped out trying to win it back (not blaming Halkett) berra was therefore left trying to cover 2 positions..

yes he looked flat footed and indecisive but if he’d stepped in to cover the run and the Motherwell player had cut inside and shot instead of slipping the pass you’d have been saying that was Berra’s fault as well.

he has to protect the centre of the box in that circumstance. 

Glad we agree.

Excellent win and a partnership forming. Happy days.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Glad we agree.

Excellent win and a partnership forming. Happy days.

I’ll agree with the last bit, the first bit your in a majority of one. 

anyway. Have a nice saturday

Absolute Scenes

Was decent but sold the goal and let the guy pass through him too easily. Needs to stop trying to play he offside trap

Rudi Hates Hibees

Thought he was much better last night. Won almost everything that went near him and had some fantastic tackles in difficult conditions. Hopefully he’s getting back to his best again after a horrible injury. 

3 hours ago, Blacky87 said:

Said this a few times before. But our whole defence is outstanding when they've got confidence in the man between the sticks. I stand by it. Our defence went to sh1t when Bobby did...

I agree Berra was back to his previous level of performance last night.

Brilliant to hear he had a great performance, he has been shocking for a while now so hopefully this is a turning point for Berra 

Rudi Hates Hibees
18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

No Bobby, better Berra. No Uche, better Hearts. 

Must admit we look a different team without Uche on the pitch. We played football last night rather than just shelling the ball at the big man and hoping for something to stick.