Brick Tamland

lost in space
8 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I've been of the opinion he (Madden) is a belled for several years now. What does that make me?

Very perceptive. However, thought Madden did fine last night.

I thought in terms of what we're used to he done 'okay'. He did buy every Motherwell player, feeling the slightest touch, flying to the ground as quickly as possible..

It's okay, however, i'm sure we'll have the impartial Collum, Beaton or Clancy for the septic game....

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Very perceptive. However, thought Madden did fine last night.

:verysmug:

However not the best at spelling it would appear. :phface:

Weakened Offender

The guy is a Grade A Ringpiece however he awarded us two penalties so probably best not to moan too much about an iffy throw in decision.

Dallas Green
18 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Thought his best one was when the Motherwell player took the throw for his team mate to pick it up and place it for a free kick. Handball, surely. No retake the throw. How does that even work

This.

Could not believe it.

Captain Canada
23 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He gave us 2 penalties and missed Washington’s handball that should have ruled out our first goal and folk still moan about the ref!  This place is ****ing mental!

That's what I was thinking too. He also could have sent off Smith for booting the ball at their player but showed some common sense. 

Last night was definitely one of his better games. 

Seymour M Hersh

So is there a definitive answer as to why Bobby Mad-One reversed the throw in decision. For curiosity's sake rather than moaning about the referee. 

On 17/08/2019 at 06:52, Newton51 said:

Got 2 pens but should have been 3. Did feel like he gave them everything after that!  Sure he’s from the Lanarkshire branch of referees

Of course he is. Every single one of our top tier referees is.

How anyone can look at that and not think something is amiss beggars belief. If one association produces pretty much 100% of the officials, why aren't the SFA reviewing the other associations to work out why they aren't good enough? - The answers clear as day, they are good enough, the SFA are just playing favourites.

Scottish football is crying out for a clear out. Every single blazer needs to go, the culture in that place is embarrassing - 'Moan the huns and celtic', **** the rest of them. Its beyond infuriating.

Rabbie_Burns
On 16/08/2019 at 22:09, Marsh said:

I’m amazed we won the game with him refereeing,  both him and Beaton are either corrupt or outragiously incompetent 

Correct 

Both seem to see themselves as the main centre of attraction 

Brick Tamland
6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So is there a definitive answer as to why Bobby Mad-One reversed the throw in decision. For curiosity's sake rather than moaning about the referee. 

Which is what my OP was all about. Did he make up a rule that if you take too long at a throw in the opposition get it instead or is this an actual rule.  

Brick Tamland
5 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Which is what my OP was all about. Did he make up a rule that if you take too long at a throw in the opposition get it instead or is this an actual rule.  

Actually may well have found it myself and if the bit in bold includes taking too long then I look forward to all referees imposing this rule to all teams and in all games. 

2. OFFENCES AND SANCTIONS

If, after the ball is in play, the thrower touches the ball again before it has touched another player, an indirect free kick is awarded; if the thrower commits a handball offence:

• a direct free kick is awarded

• a penalty kick is awarded if the offence occurred inside the thrower’s penalty area unless the ball was handled by the defending team’s goalkeeper, in which case an indirect free kick is awarded

An opponent who unfairly distracts or impedes the thrower (including moving closer than 2 m (2 yds) to the place where the throw-in is to be taken) is cautioned for unsporting behaviour, and if the throw-in has been taken, an indirect free kick is awarded.

For any other offence, the throw-in is taken by a player of the opposing team.

On 17/08/2019 at 00:30, merseyjambo said:

Thought his best one was when the Motherwell player took the throw for his team mate to pick it up and place it for a free kick. Handball, surely. No retake the throw. How does that even work

Opened the thread assuming that it was going to be about this incident.

On the thrown in, I don't see anything in the post above that says taking too long is an offence. Given he waited until Hickey took the throw before reversing it, it looked to me like he decided to give a foul throw. I did wonder if the linesman had signalled that he stepped on to the pitch as took it.

Not sure why people are suggesting the two penalties prove he had a good game. The first is a clear penalty under the new rules. The second was such a clear penalty that there was no way to avoid giving it. Had they occurred the other way around, I don't we would have got the handball (we didn't get the clear shove on Walker after the first penalty) but as it was Madden had absolutely no choice but to give us a second penalty.

jack D and coke

Defo not the worst of our refs and didn’t think he was too bad Friday. 

Beaton is the one who rips my jimmys. Has a really infuriating manner about him.

Beaton and father Collum are the ones who make the worst decisions by a country mile.  

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Madden isn't great but there are a few a lot worse than him.

Beaton, Clancy, Muir and Robertson for starters. 

What about the boy Dallas?

On 17/08/2019 at 06:46, jr ewing said:

Decent performance. 

Problem is that this was a decent performance for a Scottish ref and particularly for Madden.  It was probably the best you could hope for.  He still got the majority of decisions wrong though, big and small.

If you could be bothered - I can't - to coldly go back and watch his performance decision by decision, and compare it to a top, professional ref, you'd see how bad he actually was,

No bias on show, no conspiracy, he just isn't very good at it.  And he's a tool.