Jump to content
Forever Hearts

A fresh start

Recommended Posts

Forever Hearts

I've been Levein's biggest critic recently but I'll hold my hands up and say that the new signings look good (on paper at least). Added to what is there already I reckon if we get motoring properly we could have a very good season so I'm calling a halt to the Levein bashing and giving him and his new signings my full support for the first round of fixtures. If it continues as it has been then I'd expect him to do the honourable thing and fall on his sword, but with this squad I'm hoping that won't be necessary. 

 

Good luck to Craig and the players. 🇱🇻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19/05/2012

Don’t think the style of football will improve but if signing whelan means that Naismith can move upfront then that should improve results

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DH1986

Next two games are away from home at tough venues so I really don’t expect any huge turnaround in fortunes in the next 10 days or so.

 

I’m resigned to our season really starting at home to Hamilton at the end of the month which sees us start a pretty decent run of winnable matches.....assuming the squad performs to its potential of course.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboozy

I don't think the ones that have an irrational dislike of CL will be changed in their views, the 1st defeat or scrappy draw will be pounced upon like hyenas, I agree with the OP and that we should be backing All things Hearts, especially when we're going through a tough patch, C'Mon the Hearts.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sam?

Tuck away Motherwell and he’ll be back in the good books. 

 

Free hit against Celtic after that. 

 

Fans sre are pretty fickle we see half decent stuff on the pitch we’re happy, start the long ball rubbish and we’ll be on their backs, the midfielders signed should be able to give us enough options now to play  through. 

 

As as bad as we were Saturday damour. Was a positive hopefully whelan will add to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

I don't think the ones that have an irrational dislike of CL will be changed in their views, the 1st defeat or scrappy draw will be pounced upon like hyenas, I agree with the OP and that we should be backing All things Hearts, especially when we're going through a tough patch, C'Mon the Hearts.👍

Dont need an irrational dislike of Levein to have a view that it hasnt been good enough for months mate.

 

Post cup final performance I had hoped he'd step aside but was willing to back him when it became clear he was staying.

 

Having watched us away at east fife and against county, it appeared to me very little had changed so I'm back to wanting him gone.

 

Agreed the signings looked good but something isnt right with CL/backroom staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo

I hope we turn it around, of course. However, the problem is the repeated fresh starts under Levein. The approach to transfers seems shambolic. A couple of months ago we were being told the squad was settled, and to expect 3 or 4 signings. He’s all over the place, and I can’t get excited about any specific signing he makes. But again, hopefully the utter dismal form changes and they will all have my full support when on the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80bob

Good team on paper but need to play a style of play that gets the best out of those on the park.

 

just watched some of the first games under burley again. Battering teams from the off , playing football in the direction of the opposition goal, lots of movement off the ball looking for the pass forward 

 

we are mutch better than the drivel served up lately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McCrae
4 minutes ago, 80bob said:

Good team on paper but need to play a style of play that gets the best out of those on the park.

 

just watched some of the first games under burley again. Battering teams from the off , playing football in the direction of the opposition goal, lots of movement off the ball looking for the pass forward 

 

we are mutch better than the drivel served up lately 

 

And a players budget way beyond what we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toonhertz

We’re gonna win the league now! Come on the hearts 🇱🇻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB GIN

How many fresh starts does he get 

The simple truth is he is a hopeless manager who doesn’t know what he is doing from one week to the next 

A fresh start from me would be a new manager and Levein either moving into a different role or away from the club 

We have a good budget at this club but are no better than a mid table club with him in charge

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
combo74
23 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I hope we turn it around, of course. However, the problem is the repeated fresh starts under Levein. The approach to transfers seems shambolic. A couple of months ago we were being told the squad was settled, and to expect 3 or 4 signings. He’s all over the place, and I can’t get excited about any specific signing he makes. But again, hopefully the utter dismal form changes and they will all have my full support when on the pitch. 

I’m not sure what’s shambolic about the transfers.

 

A striker and some creativity were clearly required; Washington and Walker were signed.

 

The need for a GK was becoming increasingly apparent, even more so after the first couple of games; Pereira was signed.

 

Djoum left, Haring got injured and Lee wants to leave; Damour and Whelan were signed.

 

We were a centre half down, with Berra struggling; Halkett was signed.

 

On top of that Naismith was signed, which was a no brainier.

 

Meschino, if signed, is hopefully the cherry in the cake, adding more creativity.

 

The transfer window runs from June to September and all these signings have been made by the 14th August...which all seems pretty reasonable to me.

 

Too many people take Levein too literally when he says he says the number of signings he’ll make. When he said 3-4 he maybe didn’t include Naismith in that and didn’t expect Haring to be ruled out. In addition signing opportunities can come out of the blue that are too good to pass up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

We need rid of Levein to have a fresh start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

No fresh starts for me, it’s been 3 years and we had a really good transfer window last summer. He now has the players. I hope that we see a change in shape and a change in tempo. If we line up on Friday in 442, again, it’ll show the manager hasn’t a clue how to get the best out the squad he has. The cup saved him last year if you read between the line of what budge said. Lose on Friday and it’s curtains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

Agree with the OP

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
Posted (edited)

No chance. 

 

If we are top 3 by the end of the first quarter, and in the LC Semi, then perhaps we can rethink this. But it needs a sustained run of good form over a long period to counter the effect of a similar run of poor form. 

 

There sre are no more excuses available and that squad is easily good for 3rd/pushing 2nd. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've been Levein's biggest critic recently but I'll hold my hands up and say that the new signings look good (on paper at least). Added to what is there already I reckon if we get motoring properly we could have a very good season so I'm calling a halt to the Levein bashing and giving him and his new signings my full support for the first round of fixtures. If it continues as it has been then I'd expect him to do the honourable thing and fall on his sword, but with this squad I'm hoping that won't be necessary. 

 

Good luck to Craig and the players. 🇱🇻

 

Well said 👏👏👏. (Fully aware of my dig at you a couple of weeks ago, apologies)

 

There are some, even if we we’re to win our next five games, that will never change their view on CL which is a bit sad really. 

 

We really do have a good team on paper, unfortunately games ain’t won on paper though and even scrappy 1-0’s won’t cut it.

 

It was always going to be a tricky start with the fixtures we were dealt, but like you I’d give home the first round of fixtures and the players time to gel....it might turn good, of course it might not but for me dumping a manager who has brought in seven new players in August is asking for more trouble.

 

Folk won’t agree, that’s their right, I’m just a glass half full type of guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Kipling
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Dont need an irrational dislike of Levein to have a view that it hasnt been good enough for months mate.

 

Post cup final performance I had hoped he'd step aside but was willing to back him when it became clear he was staying.

 

Having watched us away at east fife and against county, it appeared to me very little had changed so I'm back to wanting him gone.

 

Agreed the signings looked good but something isnt right with CL/backroom staff.

I agree with this.

 

Signings look very good and it is a real positive. However, the team we had before Damour and Whelan should have been performing much better. Why were they not? I think it also comes down to CL/backroom staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
merseyjambo
34 minutes ago, McCrae said:

 

And a players budget way beyond what we have now.

 

Budget and quality of players might have been different but you can still play an attacking style of football with what we’ve got and had previously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sagan
Posted (edited)

https://youtu.be/UwWfE4DAyao

 

Heard this blasting out of Craig Levein's car this morning. 

Looked like he was giving Whelan a lift to training. 

Edited by Sagan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Des Lynam
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've been Levein's biggest critic recently but I'll hold my hands up and say that the new signings look good (on paper at least). Added to what is there already I reckon if we get motoring properly we could have a very good season so I'm calling a halt to the Levein bashing and giving him and his new signings my full support for the first round of fixtures. If it continues as it has been then I'd expect him to do the honourable thing and fall on his sword, but with this squad I'm hoping that won't be necessary. 

 

Good luck to Craig and the players. 🇱🇻

 

Well said! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VALDOS'

This works both ways in that a manager probably needs about 15 games to start making a real impact on opinion towards them. Remember some folk on here screaming "where's the doubters" after Cathro had a good 45 minutes lol. 

So it's going to take till at least November/December to get a real idea how consistently better this team will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Kipling
6 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

 

It was always going to be a tricky start with the fixtures we were dealt, but like you I’d give home the first round of fixtures and the players time to gel....it might turn good, of course it might not but for me dumping a manager who has brought in seven new players in August is asking for more trouble.

 

 

Are you being serious? We had the Betfred Cup games, which were all lower league teams and we struggled horrendously in all of them. We had Aberdeen away (that was as tough game) and Ross County at home. Out of all those games bar Aberdeen, we should have convincingly won and while we did win some, it was far from convincing. Newly promoted Ross County just came to Tynecastle and made us look like a bunch of amateurs. Pre season/start of the season or not we have a professional squad who should be hitting the ground running. How much time do they need to gel? Why is it that when the start of the season comes round, people always make excuses- this is their job!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80bob
3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

 

Budget and quality of players might have been different but you can still play an attacking style of football with what we’ve got and had previously. 

That’s the point it’s not a budget/ quality of player argument it’s the style of play that’s the issue 

 

the burley team under under the current management would not be the same attacking as back then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

No chance. 

 

If we are top 3 by the end of the first quarter, and in the LC Semi, then perhaps we can rethink this. But it needs a sustained run of good form over a long period to counter the effect of a similar run of poor form. 

 

There sre are no more excuses available and that squad is easily good for 3rd/pushing 2nd. 

So you agree with the op as he said see where we are after the first quarter. I totally agree with the op and most of your post. We need to kick on but, if we are still struggling in a couple of months then he will be gone imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eddie The Eagle

I don't think anyone wants Craig to fail (well there will always be a few) 

 

But we have recruited exceptionally well this window, and if we can get the permit for Meshino,  Craig really does have all the tools at his disposal to be a success. Ann has backed him very well....again. so Bravo 

 

Its all in Craig's court now to get them playing in a system to suits all. Lets stop being cautious and let teams start worrying about us instead of worrying about them. It's going to take some time for them to gel though, so we have to be patient and give this time. Craig has to set up his teams from now on to attack and throw caution to the wind. He's nothing to lose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

The style will improve with key players on the park, results,  confidence. 

 

He has the tools,  he needs to deliver, chemistry takes a little more time and patience. 

 

But patience are fast running scarce 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bistokid

7th Game into the season after 2 abject seasons and we're calling on a fresh start. :cornette:

Win against Motherwell and he buys time. A similar  performance to Ross County then he needs to go. Most have concluded it's not the players, I'd be excited to see what another Manager can do with this squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ducatiboy
2 minutes ago, bistokid said:

7th Game into the season after 2 abject seasons and we're calling on a fresh start. :cornette:

Win against Motherwell and he buys time. A similar  performance to Ross County then he needs to go. Most have concluded it's not the players, I'd be excited to see what another Manager can do with this squad.

This 100%....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I.T.K

I've not changed my view! I've supported Levein and I really want him and Hearts to do well. I also know that hes doing a lot of work behind the scenes to grow the club too.

 

However the club has fully backed him with signings so it's up to him to get results and more importantly performances.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo

Only way to get a fresh start is to get rid of the manager and his coaches. Signing more and more players to deflect the blame, is madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, bistokid said:

7th Game into the season after 2 abject seasons and we're calling on a fresh start. :cornette:

Win against Motherwell and he buys time. A similar  performance to Ross County then he needs to go. Most have concluded it's not the players, I'd be excited to see what another Manager can do with this squad.

I'm only asking to give these new signings a bit of time. I'm as far away from a happy clapper as you can possibly get but these new boys could be the difference and they deserve a chance. That's all I was saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Kipling
5 minutes ago, bistokid said:

7th Game into the season after 2 abject seasons and we're calling on a fresh start. :cornette:

Win against Motherwell and he buys time. A similar  performance to Ross County then he needs to go. Most have concluded it's not the players, I'd be excited to see what another Manager can do with this squad.

Exactly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RudiHMFC

Deary me, we throw yet more bodies at it and folk still can't get their head around that Levein is the main problem in our dreadful run, I've said countless times Levein is not the man to take us forward and that will remain the case, signing all these players now stinks of desperation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
34 minutes ago, combo74 said:

I’m not sure what’s shambolic about the transfers.

 

A striker and some creativity were clearly required; Washington and Walker were signed.

 

The need for a GK was becoming increasingly apparent, even more so after the first couple of games; Pereira was signed.

 

Djoum left, Haring got injured and Lee wants to leave; Damour and Whelan were signed.

 

We were a centre half down, with Berra struggling; Halkett was signed.

 

On top of that Naismith was signed, which was a no brainier.

 

Meschino, if signed, is hopefully the cherry in the cake, adding more creativity.

 

The transfer window runs from June to September and all these signings have been made by the 14th August...which all seems pretty reasonable to me.

 

Too many people take Levein too literally when he says he says the number of signings he’ll make. When he said 3-4 he maybe didn’t include Naismith in that and didn’t expect Haring to be ruled out. In addition signing opportunities can come out of the blue that are too good to pass up.

How else do we take statements like “we aren’t going to do a lot of business this summer”, if not literally? I believe he meant that (why say it if not), and we have subsequently done a lot.To me, that feels shambolic.

 

If it’s taken the games this season to actually decide Zamal isn’t good enough, then replacing him with a loan signing (and in mean time extending the even worse Doyle’s contract), that feels shambolic.

 

Signing Jamie Walker and expecting him to be effective in wide midfield, that feels shambolic.

 

If Djoum leaving, Haring being injury prone or Lee wanting away has taken him by surprise, that feels shambolic. 

 

I’ve no issues with any of the individual signings, but yet another mass transfer window overhaul feels shambolic, particularly when he made a repeated point of saying we didn’t need one. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bistokid
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm only asking to give these new signings a bit of time. I'm as far away from a happy clapper as you can possibly get but these new boys could be the difference and they deserve a chance. That's all I was saying. 

 

As I mentioned, I don't believe the bulk of the players are the issue. Yes, a few players that aren't up to scratch but watching what we seen on Saturday with the players available suggests to me that this manager will never get the best out the squad and I include the players signed this week. I wouldn't argue with our recruitment this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Kipling
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Deary me, we throw yet more bodies at it and folk still can't get their head around that Levein is the main problem in our dreadful run, I've said countless times Levein is not the man to take us forward and that will remain the case, signing all these players now stinks of desperation. 

Yes.

 

It is complete desperation. How many players have we signed in the last 2/3 seasons - I don't know the exact number but quite a lot I'd say. The question then is, why have we signed so many and why are we still so bad? The answer, in my opinion, is poor management and coaching. On paper, especially at the Ross County game, we should have literally annihilated them. Instead, they annihilated us and made us look ridiculous. It comes down to poor management IMO. 

Edited by Mr Kipling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank

Lose tomorrow night and this thread (and its message) will be irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kev1998

What is so sad reading this is the majority want to give him a second chance yawn yawn.everyone can see what we were crying out for,but he's addressed it too late again.guaranteed we will be in the same boat months down the line down down the line if he stays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noah Claypole

I think it's quite simple.

 

You either trust in the club or you don't. Plenty do, plenty don't.

 

No point in starting threads when you've completely lost trust in the club unless your big enough to admit you've made a mistake and now isn't the time for that. 

 

Instead of all the psycho analysis and personal abuse aimed at the club folk should just admit they've lost faith in the current ownership and be done with it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Kipling
2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I think it's quite simple.

 

You either trust in the club or you don't. Plenty do, plenty don't.

 

No point in starting threads when you've completely lost trust in the club unless your big enough to admit you've made a mistake and now isn't the time for that. 

 

Instead of all the psycho analysis and personal abuse aimed at the club folk should just admit they've lost faith in the current ownership and be done with it. 

 

 

Isn't the point of a forum to reflect and discuss opinions by stating your point of view?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieFifeLife

There is always jam tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
5 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I think it's quite simple.

 

You either trust in the club or you don't. Plenty do, plenty don't.

 

No point in starting threads when you've completely lost trust in the club unless your big enough to admit you've made a mistake and now isn't the time for that. 

 

Instead of all the psycho analysis and personal abuse aimed at the club folk should just admit they've lost faith in the current ownership and be done with it. 

 

 

What an odd post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

What an odd post. 

I didn't have a clue what he was slavering about either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Herbert

We should give him until December. I was for giving him the boot but he's signed quality this time and we need to see what he can do with them when they gel. Could be a the opposite from last year shit start and a strong finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David McCaig

Kick off of every match represents a fresh start.  Ultimately, football is a results driven business and Craig has been given phenomenal backing by Ann Budge and the club, it is now time for Craig to start delivering.

 

The squad we have assembled should be finshing a minumum of third... no if's, no buts!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing

Huge pressure on him now to succeed. Not much space now for the academy players to get a chance. At least not this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lou

I love CL and have for as long as I can remember, but Saturday even had me convinced his time had come, Keena remaining on the bench being the final catalyst, but if we win any which way tomorrow he has a chance to turn it around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, Herbert said:

We should give him until December. I was for giving him the boot but he's signed quality this time and we need to see what he can do with them when they gel. Could be a the opposite from last year shit start and a strong finish.

 

:spoton:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...