Jump to content
Section Q

They don't know what they're doing.....

Recommended Posts

Disco Dave
16 minutes ago, combo74 said:

 

We have a large first team squad, a colts/U21 team, an U18 team and teams right down through the age groups, players on loan and a first class academy to run; I'd suggest that needs a lot of people and ideally ones that have a lot of football experience and who know what Hearts are all about. I'm assuming Mackay is talking about Levein, McPhee, Daly, Fox & Gallagher (First Team/GK), Kirk (U21), Rankin (Youth?) and Naysmith (Loans)...that hardly feels 'overloaded'.

I agree, looks reasonable for a club our size.

 

With Levein in charge, Mackay will never be given the opportunity for one of any kind of role at Tynecastle...... suspect this is the crux of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

 

If people want to be precious on here about what CL contributed as a player and want him to be treated like the ‘legend’ that he is, Mackay deserves the same respect. 

 

Was never my favourite player but came through the ranks and is a PHM.

 

While I don’t like him, question marks have to be raised against what the coaches, in particular Daly and Fox, actually do with the players

Of course he does. 

 

But he’s moaning about too many coaches? 

 

We have an assistant, 2 first team coaches, a goalkeeping coach and a fitness coach. 

 

That’s entirely normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vegas-voss
12 minutes ago, ford donald said:

 

Common down south.

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

 

We already had one. Gary’s taking over from a guy called Ian Miller if I’m not mistaken. 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zico

OVURCOACHUN!!!1!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble

Hardly strange to appoint a loans manager BEFORE sending more than 3 youth players out on loan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla
10 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

 

We're not doing well on the pitch, isn't that a gross understatement??

 

Probably yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighton Jambo

The fact that Gary McKay can’t see the value in the loan manager role, a role most forward thinking clubs have had in place for a number of years shows he is of a certain era and out of touch and so his opinions should be viewed as such.  Plenty to criticise the club for the Gary Naismith role is not one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts1975
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Hardly strange to appoint a loans manager BEFORE sending more than 3 youth players out on loan

Exactly that. Sensible point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser

Great player, terrible columnist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bellion
31 minutes ago, kila said:

Typical lazy, pish article with no context. Just an opinion, presumably, comparing football to when he used to be involved at the top level.

 

If Hearts have too many coaches, give us context. What are similar SPFL clubs like? How many now have a 'loans manager'?

 

 

 

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allowayjambo1874

Hibs comparison ;

Heckingbottom- first team manager

Stockdale- first team coach

Murray, Makel & Nish -u20’s

May- Academy 

Combe- keeper

 

doubt very much it’s as rigid as that 3 coaches for u20s seems a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq
41 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

Anyone who questions Queen Anne is a troublemaker apparently.    Wow.   

 

You just making stuff up aye? 

 

I mentioned Mackay specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allowayjambo1874
3 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Hibs comparison ;

Heckingbottom- first team manager

Stockdale- first team coach

Murray, Makel & Nish -u20’s

May- Academy 

Combe- keeper

 

doubt very much it’s as rigid as that 3 coaches for u20s seems a lot

We have in same order;

CL

AM, JD, Liam Fox, Tom Taylor 

Andy Kirk, John Rankin

Roger Arnott 

Paul Gallagher 

 

Not that much difference just not as good if results are to go by (in my opinion)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 hour ago, rmreido said:

We do, one would be plenty, as long as he was any good, that's the problem,

TOO MANY COACHES, and none of them seem to know what their doin.

 

One? 😮🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

 

55 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I wouldn’t know, I don’t buy newspapers.😒

 

News paper?🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Gary Mackay stirring shit shocker. 

What point that he makes do you disagree with ? The guys bang on, I can only assume your another happy clappers with your head firmly stuck up your arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibrahim Tall

Wtf is the relation between Gary Naysmith & “too many coaches”?

 

He’s the ‘loan manager’, effectively he’ll be basically going out and watching the players we’ve got on loan and monitoring they’re development and progress. He’s not going to be ‘coaching’ anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieRules22
13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Great player, terrible columnist.

I take it your happy with performances and have been for a while ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I take it your happy with performances and have been for a while ?

Huge difference between being happy with performances and looking at things objectively or even comparing our coach structure and other teams and saying what Mackay said there. 

 

Slating a loan manager which a lot of clubs have is very clearly someone out of touch or just trying to be controversial without proper research. Are we Man City , Chelsea etc? Of course not but we are growing and looking to bring this crop through and then have a constant supply of players out on loan. Shall we just rely on JKB loan watch to see how theyare developing at the loan club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

What point that he makes do you disagree with ? The guys bang on, I can only assume your another happy clappers with your head firmly stuck up your arse.

 

I have no idea how many coaches is the norm. A loans manager to me seems a good idea, not exactly innovative but a bit different for us and if we are planning on loaning players from the academy makes sense. 

 

See morons like you and buzzwords like " happy clapper" or "snowflake" make me laugh. You just bung folk into whatever box you want because you disagree with them. 

 

I can do that too, you're probably a minimum wage oxygen theif who has the sash as their ring tone.... Easy done. 

 

My point was GM stirs shit, never says a positive about Hearts anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion

Levein never wanted the job,we can site here and argue all day but the appointment of Ian Cathro absoloutly paralysed us,its taken years to sort out the mess that created.Neilson left us in a decent state.

 

After the abuse Ann got against Dunfermline she insisted Cathro was replaced against Craig's wishes.He then had no clue as to the way forward,we Interviewed some guys dithered and then Ann pushed Craig to sort out his mess.

 

Levein has made some cracking signings this summer but his heart is not in the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haringshairband
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I didn't know Gary Naismith eas a died in the wool Jambo

PHM.

How did you not know this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyJenkins

Gary Mackay in being a slaver shocker.... Ooooh. Boys a fud. I loved him as a player cant stand his idiotic pish in the EEN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allowayjambo1874
2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Wtf is the relation between Gary Naysmith & “too many coaches”?

 

He’s the ‘loan manager’, effectively he’ll be basically going out and watching the players we’ve got on loan and monitoring they’re development and progress. He’s not going to be ‘coaching’ anyone.

Genuine question here.

 

Hearts have said he’ll be a loans manager but do you think a guy with 48 caps and who managed a team in the championship last year will not at any point help out on the training  pitch, even if it’s with the academy boys? Do you believe Hearts will have rigid parameters for his job role and each side will adhere to it or do you think every now and then they will utilise the experience that he brings?

 

I’m not having a go  at you btw or knocking Hearts if they did as it’s a great opportunity for everyone but I do think it might be naive to think he won’t do any coaching whilst he’s around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gigolo-Aunt

Think we will only know with the loan “manager” after a period of time.

 

suspect Hearts are going to be sending out a load of young guys out - which is a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

A current fad that other clubs have as well. 

 

Yes the difference being the other clubs have dozens of players out on loan that have a loans manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo

Not the biggest issue with the article but just how much of the FOH money does he think is being invested in these coaches.

 

I'll give him a wee clue in case he's not sure, it's somewhere between £0 and £0.

 

Fud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla
13 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Wtf is the relation between Gary Naysmith & “too many coaches”?

 

He’s the ‘loan manager’, effectively he’ll be basically going out and watching the players we’ve got on loan and monitoring they’re development and progress. He’s not going to be ‘coaching’ anyone.

 

Waste of all YOUR hard earned money innit. It's YOUR money remember, you should be raging cos it's YOUR money being SQUANDERED. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Des Lynam

Don’t agree with Mackay about the loans manager. The rest is spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambobob61
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

 

Unless I'm missing something we have the manager, assistant manager, and 4 coaches (one of them a fitness coach and one a goalkeeping coach). That seems reasonable to me? It's not like we've got dozens of guys shouting at a confused bunch of players. 

 

Yet they do appear very confused and ill-prepared????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29

And if we didnt have a loans manager and Gary found out in 2 weeks time other clubs had one, guess which way Gary would argue.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

 

I'm not sure we gave too many coaches / other staff  but we do seem to have too many who report to the same guy. 

 

Source : AB 

He is the Director of Football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

 

I have no idea how many coaches is the norm. A loans manager to me seems a good idea, not exactly innovative but a bit different for us and if we are planning on loaning players from the academy makes sense. 

 

See morons like you and buzzwords like " happy clapper" or "snowflake" make me laugh. You just bung folk into whatever box you want because you disagree with them. 

 

I can do that too, you're probably a minimum wage oxygen theif who has the sash as their ring tone.... Easy done. 

 

My point was GM stirs shit, never says a positive about Hearts anymore. 

 

Is this any different from guys like you referring to others as "PantWetters" etc? ( I am not suggesting you use this terminology)

 

GM is like all of us on here and is a Loyal Jambo he sees things the way many of the posters on here do and wants the best for the club and the fans.

 

Just like Michael Stewart he calls it as he sees it and for that reason some people call them arses or shit stirrers but then others just think they are telling the truth.

 

It's about opinions and we all want Hearts to do as well as they can but just see things differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He is the Director of Football.

 

All about spans & layers Al. 

 

On the non footballing side, there's no danger that everyone reports directly to Ann, for example. 

Edited by iainmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

 

All about spans & layers Al. 

I understand that but I think it's right that ultimately they report to the DoF or there is no point in having one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

 

Unless I'm missing something we have the manager, assistant manager, and 4 coaches (one of them a fitness coach and one a goalkeeping coach). That seems reasonable to me? It's not like we've got dozens of guys shouting at a confused bunch of players. 

 

We also have an Academy Manager who I would have thought would be best placed to know which of the Academy Youngsters are ready or would benefit from going out on loan and to which clubs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobNox
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Don't always agree with Gary Mackay but...

 

"Another thing that continues to baffle me is the number of backroom staff we continue to employ. From the outside looking in, it looks like we have a bloated staff, full of coaches who don’t seem to be making us any better as a football team, and we have now employed a loans manager even though we only have three young players currently out on loan. No disrespect intended to Gary Naysmith, a dyed-in-the-wool Jambo whom I have huge respect for, but is this really a justifiable use of the club’s resources at a time when the fans are ploughing so much of their own cash in? The Foundation of Hearts really need to be asking questions about what is going on at the football club just now because right now everyone who is pledging their hard-earned money is entitled to wonder if it is being put to the best possible use."

 

Right now, all of the hard earned money being pledged to FoH is going towards paying off Ann Budge.  Not a penny of it is being spent on coaching staff, or anything else for that matter.  A bit embarrassing that MacKay doesn't understand that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

 

I have no idea how many coaches is the norm. A loans manager to me seems a good idea, not exactly innovative but a bit different for us and if we are planning on loaning players from the academy makes sense. 

 

See morons like you and buzzwords like " happy clapper" or "snowflake" make me laugh. You just bung folk into whatever box you want because you disagree with them. 

 

I can do that too, you're probably a minimum wage oxygen theif who has the sash as their ring tone.... Easy done. 

 

My point was GM stirs shit, never says a positive about Hearts anymore. 

Minimum wage oxygen thief, you my friend seem like a proper tit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobNox
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

We also have an Academy Manager who I would have thought would be best placed to know which of the Academy Youngsters are ready or would benefit from going out on loan and to which clubs.

 

 

He may well be, but his role is managing the Academy, not managing the players who are out on loan, which is a completely different role.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I understand that but I think it's right that ultimately they report to the DoF or there is no point in having one.

 

Oh absolutely but I think the issue is that he has too many direct reports. Set up some Heads of Departments & get people to report into that structure. 

 

The DoF will still have ultimate responsibility / accountability but maybe remove some of the arduous tasks which comes with managing people. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
8 minutes ago, RobNox said:

 

He may well be, but his role is managing the Academy, not managing the players who are out on loan, which is a completely different role.  

 

What does managing the academy entail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

Oh absolutely but I think the issue is that he has too many direct reports. Set up some Heads of Departments & get people to report into that structure. 

 

The DoF will still have ultimate responsibility / accountability but maybe remove some of the arduous tasks which comes with managing people. 

 

 

That would mean more and more paperwork etc, more and more non-playing staff and IMO it would be questionable if any more effective.  We need a lean and fit backroom  staff with clear reporting responsibilties so that we direct as much of our budget as possible to better players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

 

Right now, all of the hard earned money being pledged to FoH is going towards paying off Ann Budge.  Not a penny of it is being spent on coaching staff, or anything else for that matter.  A bit embarrassing that MacKay doesn't understand that.

 

Michael Stewart came out with similar nonsense the other day, absolutely clueless and yet some folk hang on to their every word.

 

"They’ve got a business model which is clearly working. There are 8000 supporters plus putting money into the club without any caveat. It’s money, almost £200,000 a month to go and spend, and do and invest and grow and they’re not. They’re underachieving."

 

Fud!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

Oh absolutely but I think the issue is that he has too many direct reports. Set up some Heads of Departments & get people to report into that structure. 

 

The DoF will still have ultimate responsibility / accountability but maybe remove some of the arduous tasks which comes with managing people. 

 

 

 

I think that is maybe why AB is wanting to review the Footballing side of things now. Especially after she quoted CL's comments about who individuals report to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobNox
1 minute ago, graygo said:

 

Michael Stewart came out with similar nonsense the other day, absolutely clueless and yet some folk hang on to their every word.

 

"They’ve got a business model which is clearly working. There are 8000 supporters plus putting money into the club without any caveat. It’s money, almost £200,000 a month to go and spend, and do and invest and grow and they’re not. They’re underachieving."

 

Fud!!

 

I didn't see the Mikey Stewart quote, but he's just as clueless as MacKay if not more so.  FoH contributions are running at c £1.5m per annum, that's £125k per month, nowhere near the £200k that Stewart claims.

 

The problem is, these fuds can make those sort of claims and there is an element in our support who lap it all up without question, because it suits their own agenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29

I know 2 folk that would make a right arse of either DoF or Head Coach roles at Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Gary Mackay stirring shit shocker. 

He can do that at times but he is right with this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hairdryer
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Don't always agree with Gary Mackay but...

 

"Another thing that continues to baffle me is the number of backroom staff we continue to employ. From the outside looking in, it looks like we have a bloated staff, full of coaches who don’t seem to be making us any better as a football team, and we have now employed a loans manager even though we only have three young players currently out on loan. No disrespect intended to Gary Naysmith, a dyed-in-the-wool Jambo whom I have huge respect for, but is this really a justifiable use of the club’s resources at a time when the fans are ploughing so much of their own cash in? The Foundation of Hearts really need to be asking questions about what is going on at the football club just now because right now everyone who is pledging their hard-earned money is entitled to wonder if it is being put to the best possible use."

Very good point sometimes it appears the club is wasting money on meaningless jobs without anything to show for it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq
37 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

Is this any different from guys like you referring to others as "PantWetters" etc? ( I am not suggesting you use this terminology)

 

GM is like all of us on here and is a Loyal Jambo he sees things the way many of the posters on here do and wants the best for the club and the fans.

 

Just like Michael Stewart he calls it as he sees it and for that reason some people call them arses or shit stirrers but then others just think they are telling the truth.

 

It's about opinions and we all want Hearts to do as well as they can but just see things differently. 

 

The pant wetter stuff is what I'm on about. 

 

Mackay has waited until a particular low point to stick the boot in "again" we know he doesn't like Levein, we also know he's not really been involved at any level of football for a while so the reality is he has about as worthy an opinion as me on number of coaches and loan managers. 

 

Once again I don't know the appropriate number of coaches and I think Leveins time is up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...