Worst game attended

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Wednesday 27 August 2008, League Cup, I hate the League Cup so much. 

Hearts V Airdire, 0-0 aet, lost 3-4 on penalties. David Obua's 2nd game.

My brother was visiting and managed to get my mum to come along. Only Hearts game she attended. We had seats close to the pitch, in the Wheatfield, and I was scared about her getting hit in the face by a football. 

The lc really has done us a few times. 

Peterhead as well, 3rd teir. Wasn't there tho. 

The St mirren final was shite as well. 

Sticking with my 2-4 v St Johnstone tho, 2-0 up at ht, them in the division below..... In the lc! 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• Bazzas right boot

• John Findlay

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Saturday was bad because I stupidly thought we could turn the corner and put last seasons form and performances to bed. Sadly it doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon. 

49 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Of all time, the one that immediately jumps to mind was the 1996 5-2 home defeat by Patrick, who were relegated that season. Anyone who thought yesterday was bad should watch the defending and finishing in this horror show. 

Too young to remember that, but what an absolute pisser those highlights were! 

7 goals, and only 1 decent strike amongst them!  Defenders all over the place, and this must be the video that Zlamal takes inspiration from for his weekly midfield stroll! 

Horrific :lol:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Davie HEARTS said:

6-2 at Easter rd. 

Aww Ffs, forgot all about that. 

Bazzas right boot

Worst game attended but we never got beat. 

3-1 sc sf v Falkirk. 

They murdered us that game. 

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

crikey yesterday was miles better than so many games from the 70's and early 80's when we were truly dire 

We were kind of expecting to be dire then. On paper we some much better players now.

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Like it matters 🤣🤣🤣

Hearts 0 Montrose 2

Better?

One of the worst results but a genuine fluke.

We battered them that night just couldn't put the ball in the net.

Was a decent enough game to watch unlike yesterday which was the most turgid of a season and a half of turgid performances.

I can't think of a worse performance in recent memory than yesterday County could and should have won about 3or 4 nil. Thank god they didn't have their shooting boots on.

59 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yesterday was bad, but there have been worse against poor teams in 2019 let alone all time. 1-0 defeat at Hamilton last season with 1 shot on target all game probably the worst performance I saw last season. For home performances, the 1-2 defeat by Dundee was probably the most chaotically ugly.

Of all time, the one that immediately jumps to mind was the 1996 5-2 home defeat by Patrick, who were relegated that season. Anyone who thought yesterday was bad should watch the defending and finishing in this horror show. 

Romantic devil that I am, I took my wife to that game at the end of our honeymoon. Just got back that day and headed to the game. Not being a footballing type, she commented, as we exited our seats....” there was lots of goals “.......I had to smile, knowingly, at everyone around us.

A horror show right enough.

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yesterday was bad, but there have been worse against poor teams in 2019 let alone all time. 1-0 defeat at Hamilton last season with 1 shot on target all game probably the worst performance I saw last season. For home performances, the 1-2 defeat by Dundee was probably the most chaotically ugly.

My daughter said to me, after that game, and bear in mind she was 5 at the time,  “Daddy I don’t want to come to the football wi you anymair. You swear too much and you’re a bit mad”

Airdrie Semi final defeat was worse. Scraping past Auchinleck Talbot was also terrible 

Edited by Jamhammer

4-0 defeat at home to Dundee Utd in the latter part of 06-07. Think Barry Robson scored a hat trick. Just so bleak at the time considering where we’d been 18 months before. 

6-2 at Easter Road

4-0 v Dundee Utd 06/07

SC Final 5-1 Rangers at Hampden 

Probably the 3 most hurtful games. 

Probably seen loads of dreadful displays like Saturdays performance tbh. 98/99 season was dreadful after how good we had been in 97/98. Pretty sure we got pumped 3 or 4 nothing at Tynie by St Johnstone early doors.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

0-1 Forfar. SC 80s. Mum was laughing at me that night!!

Awful day. Still remember Jambos leaving with about 5/10 mins to go. We all knew there was no chance of an equalizer. 

0-3 in the "Millennium derby" was brutal.

Too young to remember 0-7 and that game in 1999 is Hibs' only win by more than one goal at Tynecastle since. 

Bloody freezing, too. 

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, lsimp77 said:

5-0 Vs Livi. Could have easily ended up in double figures thanks to Zlamal and Aaron Hughes. 

Djoum getting sent off was a big part of that.

Only game I've left early.

Edit left the SC Final vs Aberdeen early as well.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

1 hour ago, millerjames398 said:

Think it was 92 or 93, got pumped 3 1 by ardrie in front of 6 or 7 thousand, im sure nipper Lawrencegot the 3rd for them,  ended up with a bit of scenes at the back of the old main stand, screaming for mercer to get to ****,,that was dire,,but to be fair theres been more than one or two games and performances, that had me nearly giving up the game😂🇱🇻

I remember that. 

Shuffled out into McLeod Street at full time and someone shouted something along the lines of "we should protest" and that was that. 

They were terrible days in Joe Jordan's time. Every game at Tynecastle was the same. We'd huff and puff for around 75/80 minutes then Robbo would take the only real chance we created and score. Usually meant a 1-0 win or 1-1 draw but Airdrie scored another 2 that day to make it 1-3.

1-7 to Dundee at Tynie in 63/64 was a shocker and totally unexpected.  We were top of the league which we finally lost on goal difference. 

A 5-1 thrashing would have won us the league.

Painful.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

1-7 to Dundee at Tynie in 63/64 was a shocker and totally unexpected.  We were top of the league which we finally lost on goal difference. 

A 5-1 thrashing would have won us the league.

Painful.

Change it to 64/65, doug, before some smart arse notices. 

Just now, martoon said:

Change it to 64/65, doug, before some smart arse notices. 

64/65.  We don't owe Dundee any favours.  The odd thing about that game was we weren't outplayed.  Our defending was just attrocious and sad to say that included the late, great Jim Cruickshank who was a principal offender.

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

That is the game that sprang to mind for me! 

1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Djoum getting sent off was a big part of that.

Only game I've left early.

Edit left the SC Final vs Aberdeen early as well.

It was absolutely freezing as well. Made it even worse. 

Away up in Gorgie

Dundee 4 Hearts 4 (we lost on pens). Massive Hearts support on the terrace behind the goals and an absolute rollercoaster of a game with Henry having a complete shocker, gifting them a goal and then for reasons which will forever remain a mystery taking one of the pens and missing. Willie Jamieson also took one ffs! The drive down the road after was horrendous as on the back of the Airdrie debacles it felt like we’d never win anything. 

Edited by Away up in Gorgie

wheatfield to sheffield

Livingston 0-5 was the worst hearts performance I have ever seen

Dens Park was the result that made me feel worst and it still makes me sad 33 years later

Салатные палочки

A 1-0 defeat at Starks Park in the 93/94 season. Not only were we shite but I almost lost my toes from how cold they were. 

Kilmarnock 3 v 0 early in the 98/99 season after a decent start. In fact there were a few terrible results that season. A 2-0 defeat to newly promoted Dundee was one. 

A few more recent ones that spring to mind.

Hearts 0-1 Hibs, The 'Beniusis' Derby. 

Hearts 2-2 Inverness (9 man Inverness win on pens) League cup semi in 2014.

8 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

A few more recent ones that spring to mind.

Hearts 0-1 Hibs, The 'Beniusis' Derby. 

Hearts 2-2 Inverness (9 man Inverness win on pens) League cup semi in 2014.

Was just about to mention that derby. In terms of worst game ever attended in terms of the fare served up by BOTH sides, that is right up there. Hibs scored early and had no intention whatsoever of adding to it and Hearts were so completely inept that night it was unforgivable.

As for Hearts worst, I’d go for Birkirkara. Until that night I was proud we’d arguably never lost in Europe to someone we shouldn’t have.

The warning signs were there as well. I wasn’t at the Infonet game that season but I did see footage and I’d wager that’d be right up there in games we were horrible in but didn’t lose.

9 hours ago, Whatever said:

Like it matters 🤣🤣🤣

Hearts 0 Montrose 2

Better?

Thanks for that. I thought I'd eradicated that game from my memory. Truly terrible.

There’s several bad ones from the admin season particularly around Christmas (4-0 to Killie at tynie was something) but I tend to let those games slide due to what was going on off the park.

The Livi 5-0 mauling was the worst collapse we’ve had no doubt. Left at 3-0, 4-0 by the time I’d left the ground, 5-0 before I got to the car.

The LC final v St Mirren was awful and probably the worst I’ve ever felt after a game, first time I’d been to a game where we’d lost so yeah that hurt.

Didnt go to the Cathro ER derby which was obviously a disaster but I went to the 0-0 at Tynie and was pretty much bored to tears. The replay the year before was bad but its not the worst ever.

Birkirkara 😂😂😂😂

Think Livi takes it tbh

Edited by boag1874

The Goalscoring Knee
18 minutes ago, Marvin said:
9 hours ago, Whatever said:

Like it matters 🤣🤣🤣

Hearts 0 Montrose 2

Better?

Thanks for that. I thought I'd eradicated that game from my memory. Truly terrible.

I don't think we were actually that bad that evening - we created umpteen chances, lost count of the number of times they kicked it off the line. 

I'd offer up a midweek visit to Brockville when we were tubbed by a couple going on six and Gary Mackay got booked for quite the crappiest attempt at a dive in the box I'd seen until that point.

1 - 7 game against Dundee in 65. We were atrocious that day. Even the goal we got was scored by a Dundee player. 

9 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

The 4 nil at Falkirk with Samuel scoring a hat trick.

Had to watch in the home end with my Falkirk supporting mates.

Bad day

This for me. 

Me & my dad in the Falkirk end - shocking performance 

10 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

yesterday was also miles better than when we lost 0-7 on a certain New Years Day derby

At least we tried at the start of that game and should have been 2 0 up. I left at 6

4  nil at home to dundee united, only game I've left at half time. 

Airdie putting beating us on pen at tynecastle in the LC

Birkirkara at home, first hearts game i took the mrs too, after trying to explain to her that Scottish football isn't as bad as people make it, this game made me look very stupid.

John Findlay

Where to start.

01/01/73. Date is enough.

Circa 1973/74. Losing 0-1 to Airdrie in a league game at home. Official attendance 4,500.

Circa 1981. Hame on leave and watching us struggle to beat Queen's Park 1-00 with a goal from Willie Pettistree I think. Crowd I also believe was under 3,000. 

53 years supporting Hearts. Been more thin than thick. Hearts will come through this. Thank **** there was no Internet Mid 70s to early 80s.

John Findlay

Where to start.

Circa 1973/74. Losing 0-1 to Airdrie in a league game at home. Official attendance 4,500.

Circa 1981. Hame on leave and watching us struggle to beat Queen's Park 1-00 with a goal from Willie Pettistree I think. Crowd I also believe was under 3,000. 

53 years supporting Hearts. Been more thin than thick. Hearts will come through this. Thank **** there was no Internet Mid 70s to early 80s.

John Findlay

Where to start.

John Findlay

Where to start.

John Findlay

Where to start.

John Findlay

Where to start.

John Findlay

Where to start.

John Findlay

Where to start.

10 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Season 98/99 got bad. After the Cup, and first game, when we beat Rangers, Dick Advocaat et al, 2-1, I believed we would achieve something.

Months later, Derek Lilley on loan, we were continually awful. One game, can't remember who, might have been Dundee, the stewards felt bad and let people smoke in the doorway of the main stand. 

Same season, New Year game away at Dunfermline, due to Hibs relegation the season before.  0-0 iirc.  Freezing cold. Watching Lerigh Jenkinson do a step over only for the ball to run out of play.  Abject doesn't even cover it.

Walter Payton

There's certainly been worse results, but one of the games that sticks out in my memory in terms of sheer disgust at the application of my own team was losing 4-0 to Dundee Utd in the 06/07 season. Similar to Saturday, it was another game where the total team product was far less than the talent of the individual players we had on the pitch (at least Korobochka only got less than a season). Lucky to get into halftime at 0-0, the floodgates opened in the 2nd half and Barry Robson got a hat-trick while our players couldn't get close and were entirely bereft of ideas (pretty sure it was Jankauskas' last game for us). 

Certainly wasn't anywhere near the first time I'd seen Hearts play badly and deservedly get beaten, but the collective lack of imagination from the players and management as to how they could do anything differently to affect what was happening was the thing that got me. 

Over 55 years going to see "The Famous" and have witnessed many a horror show, Kilmarnock @Tynecastle Dundee @ Dens both losing the league. However in recent times the game that really got me pissed was Rangers at Tynecastle last season 3-1 game. Now it is one thing getting beat by the  arsecheeks but it's another when we totally capitulate at home to them  yes we have been gubbed before but that day we just chucked it, and that in itself is unacceptable. It could have been 6 or seven that day .

Edited by micole