Jump to content
Vlad Magic

Futures bright

Recommended Posts

Deviskan
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

 

Disagree with what? I wasn't the originator of the 'not as pish as' remark I merely repeated it let's say facetiously because I deemed it overly negative too but being not as pish as means better than. 

 

Did you or didn’t you say:

 

“don't quite understand where you're coming from, take Rangers for example. Isn't their target to be not as pish as Celtic? Isn't everybody's target to be not so pish as most if not quite all?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dino Velvet
3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

 

OP supports Hearts.

 

Feel free to discuss the points I raised and I will reply. If you can’t manage that s suggest a career selling BigMacs.

 

When you’ve come off your high perhaps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

 

Did you or didn’t you say:

 

“don't quite understand where you're coming from, take Rangers for example. Isn't their target to be not as pish as Celtic? Isn't everybody's target to be not so pish as most if not quite all?”

 

Yes, and as I just explained in the context i'm aiming for being not as pish as means better than. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

 

So we continue doing the same thing we’ve done since promotion then?

 

Christ on a bike...some of you are completely lost.

Not really. Just have different opinion to yours. Think that’s allowed. Not sure where you get the idea that your opinion has to be the correct one. 

The idea of sacking a manager before he has finished getting his final squad for the season signed is a bit crazy to be honest.  That’s my opinion. Time to change a manager is before a transfer window starts. Our owner decided change wasn’t required so I can’t see her changing her mind at this stage in the recruitment process.  If things are not different two to three months into league campaign then yes change is probably justified. At the moment jury is well and truly out but no-one can argue that this summers signings are much better than any other summer since Admin. Once they are all in and have played together a few times judgement will be justified. But not before. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1

And incidentally the hibernians have unbolted the door for anyone who is interested. Heckingbottom is to blame for them being not as good as Rangers and their multi million squad.

That's unrealistic and when Hearts face the OF realism will be required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

 

Dont be ridiculous.

 

We would never finish 2nd bottom!!

 

👍

 

You redeemed yourself by not simply saying yes. For me I'll consider the future is getting brighter when we are back challenging near the top of the league, because getting close to Celtic will bring a lot more with it than simply striving to be better than Hibs. I prefer to aim my hopes high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John mcCartney

oh thats the bloke with his` jizz cannon` at the ready (from the op`s posts yesterday)


looks like the money shot aint coming just yet chief

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic
4 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

 

When you’ve come off your high perhaps. 

 

Pussy galore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deviskan
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Not really. Just have different opinion to yours. Think that’s allowed. Not sure where you get the idea that your opinion has to be the correct one. 

The idea of sacking a manager before he has finished getting his final squad for the season signed is a bit crazy to be honest.  That’s my opinion. Time to change a manager is before a transfer window starts. Our owner decided change wasn’t required so I can’t see her changing her mind at this stage in the recruitment process.  If things are not different two to three months into league campaign then yes change is probably justified. At the moment jury is well and truly out but no-one can argue that this summers signings are much better than any other summer since Admin. Once they are all in and have played together a few times judgement will be justified. But not before. 

 

 

Personally, I stated on here before the cup final he should resign after the cup final...no matter what the result was going to be.

 

The football has been terrible since we were promoted...this isn’t about the last 6 games, it’s been progressively awful for the past 4 years.

 

This has feck all to do with signings...his Management and tactics are awful, he sets up the team not to lose...he’s completely and utterly went into his shell after the health scare (and he was negative enough before that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I actually think Sean Clare could be a great player for us...but like a long line of other players we’ve had, the confidence and simple joy of playing football looks like it’s been drained out of him under the Managers tactics.

 

He can run with the ball, and looks good doing it, but needs to be able to play an incisive pass, shoot or cross the ball or have some kind of end product. 

 

This needs added to his game.

 

In central Midfield, he needs to be able to win the ball as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFK-1
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

 

You redeemed yourself by not simply saying yes. For me I'll consider the future is getting brighter when we are back challenging near the top of the league, because getting close to Celtic will bring a lot more with it than simply striving to be better than Hibs. I prefer to aim my hopes high.

 

Aiming high for anyone outside the OF is 3rd place. I don't see any reason Hearts can't challenge for 3rd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

oh thats the bloke with his` jizz cannon` at the ready (from the op`s posts yesterday)


looks like the money shot aint coming just yet chief

 

 

Always the optimist “chief”

 

Mrs VM was on the receiving end of that particular “cannon”.

 

👍

Edited by Vlad Magic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deviskan
2 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

 

He can run with the ball, and looks good doing it, but needs to be able to play an incisive pass, shoot or cross the ball or have some kind of end product. 

 

This needs added to his game.

 

In central Midfield, he needs to be able to win the ball as well.

 

I actually think he should be played in the hole behind a forward/front two.

 

Unfortunately, thats where Naismith plays

at the moment.

 

I’d actually be interested to see Washington and Naismith up front, with Clare in behind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

 

Aiming high for anyone outside the OF is 3rd place. I don't see any reason Hearts can't challenge for 3rd. 

 

I believe we have the players who could potentially achieve that but at this point in time lack the manager and coaches to direct them to that position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

 

Personally, I stated on here before the cup final he should resign after the cup final...no matter what the result was going to be.

 

The football has been terrible since we were promoted...this isn’t about the last 6 games, it’s been progressively awful for the past 4 years.

 

This has feck all to do with signings...his Management and tactics are awful, he sets up the team not to lose...he’s completely and utterly went into his shell after the health scare (and he was negative enough before that).

But he didn’t and he wasn’t sacked so live with it and get a grip on reality. It is what it is for now. Might change next week, month, year, never, who knows?  He has us top of the league for three months last season totally unexpectedly. Who knows what’s coming. To continually harp on about what should have happened three months ago is a waste of energy. I’m not sure the health scare has anything to do with it. If it was an issue he would have gone by now, by his own volition. He will see out his contract, probably, and then return upstairs. That’s the plan and that’s what I expect will happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deviskan
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

But he didn’t and he wasn’t sacked so live with it and get a grip on reality. It is what it is for now. Might change next week, month, year, never, who knows?  He has us top of the league for three months last season totally unexpectedly. Who knows what’s coming. To continually harp on about what should have happened three months ago is a waste of energy. I’m not sure the health scare has anything to do with it. If it was an issue he would have gone by now, by his own volition. He will see out his contract, probably, and then return upstairs. That’s the plan and that’s what I expect will happen. 

 

Guess we’ll see huh...as my guess is he will be removed from the position within the next 5 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

 

I actually think he should be played in the hole behind a forward/front two.

 

Unfortunately, thats where Naismith plays

at the moment.

 

I’d actually be interested to see Washington and Naismith up front, with Clare in behind them.

I said exactly that at yesterday’s game. Think it will happen once Whelan arrives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
7 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

 

He can run with the ball, and looks good doing it, but needs to be able to play an incisive pass, shoot or cross the ball or have some kind of end product. 

 

This needs added to his game.

 

In central Midfield, he needs to be able to win the ball as well.

 

I think it was him who smashed into a 50/50 in the second half yesterday, won the ball when it would have been easy to shirk the challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon

:4_1_72:

 

This thread and the Levein apologists on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Our recruitment has been excellent.

The team will settle and begin to gell.

Levein will find the winning formula.

We are nowhere near as bad as Hibs with Heckingbottom in charge.

 

Enjoy the ride.

 

FTH

 

 

 

 

Based on what?

 

we are rubbish at the moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic
1 minute ago, martoon said:

:4_1_72:

 

This thread and the Levein apologists on it. 

 

This thread and the ***** on it 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dino Velvet
17 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

 

Pussy galore.

 

Sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Getintaethem
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marczero said:

 

I’m quite happy for Levein to work in the Academy as he’s done a great job in that department , but he ain’t going to take the first team anywhere 

 

I keep seeing posts like this, can someone tell me why the academy is so great?  We produced better youngsters pre-Levien era.

Edited by Getintaethem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic
Just now, Natural Orders said:

Based on what?

 

we are rubbish at the moment 

 

What has us being “rubbish” (in your opinion) have to do with my OP that you personally quoted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gedster
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Yes let's sack the manager just when we've given two key players four year  contracts and Haring, Uche and Souttar long extensions. Let's keep our fingers crossed they want to play for the new manager.

The contracts issue and players referred to is absolutely irrelevant with regard to the first team coach. Maybe we can have a coach where the whole first team squad play for him and buy into his philosophy for success on the pitch....success meaning as little as winning a game in every three 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stan
53 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I enjoyed the game yesterday.

 

I'm sorry.

Good beer selection in hospitality?or just enjoy an occasional day of rancorous booing?

 

Seriously, you enjoyed yesterday?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady

Levein has built a shit team with no ideas, confidence, tactics or spirit who can’t beat 2 bob outfits. He’s got to go before any more damage is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McCrae
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

 

Struggling to understand the logic...

 

You state we have made good signings so far, and that if we sign a few more we could have a very good season.

 

Please explain why we have been pish so far then?

 

Is it because of the manager...meaning any new signings will simply have a minimal effect once they’re hamstrung by his godawful tactics?

 

The players are not the problem!

 

To control the game you must control the midfield.  If we can get a couple of solid ball winners we will be a very different team.  Looks like we have just signed one, need another. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Our recruitment has been excellent.

The team will settle and begin to gell.

Levein will find the winning formula.

We are nowhere near as bad as Hibs with Heckingbottom in charge.

 

Enjoy the ride.

 

FTH

 

 

 

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

 

Don't do drugs kids 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

Which year though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Our recruitment has been excellent.

The team will settle and begin to gell.

Levein will find the winning formula.

We are nowhere near as bad as Hibs with Heckingbottom in charge.

 

Enjoy the ride.

 

FTH

 

 

 

 

 

🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daftie

That is why for me football is a great sport. Not even going to go into the pros/cons if what is happening right now, but football has a funny way of turning things on its head. 

 

We are equally likely to get pumped on Friday at Fir Park, but conversely we could easily win 2/3- 0, and Washington and Uche score their first goals of the season, which sets us of on a good wee run. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

🤪

 

Einstein like retort.

 

Commendable effort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

 

Einstein like retort.

 

Commendable effort. 

 

What??  You were being serious????

WOW! 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

What??  You were being serious????

WOW! 😳

 

You work for Gladstone Brooks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Our recruitment has been excellent.

The team will settle and begin to gell.

Levein will find the winning formula.

We are nowhere near as bad as Hibs with Heckingbottom in charge.

 

Enjoy the ride.

 

FTH

 

 

 

 

When is saw the thread the futures bright I thought Levein had been sacked.

What a let down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WheatfieldWarrior
23 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

I think it was him who smashed into a 50/50 in the second half yesterday, won the ball when it would have been easy to shirk the challenge.

 

I didn't see him winning lots of challenges during the game.  He's wasn't wining the ball in the air, when it dropped or making himself available to receive a pass to feet for most of the 90.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

 

You work for Gladstone Brooks?

 

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles44
Posted (edited)

On paper we're shit hot. Maybe its the wrong type of paper too thin n lacks depth n width possibly delux. Got me thinking about the pen. Nibs done isn't a lucky one no good. Bin it surplus to requirement needs replaced. Reminded me I urgently had to get paper for something. I forgot about the gaping hole in the center. What a mess should used extra sheets as cover.

Edited by BarneyBattles44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874

He’s lost the dressing room 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth

And still people defend Levein, Jesus wept! :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
innerjambo
59 minutes ago, martoon said:

:4_1_72:

 

This thread and the Levein apologists on it. 

 

Yep, the happy clappers are out in force tonight. Must be a full moon, or maybe they're pissed off with the 6 - 1 shafting they took today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smiler
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Our recruitment has been excellent.

The team will settle and begin to gell.

Levein will find the winning formula.

We are nowhere near as bad as Hibs with Heckingbottom in charge.

 

Enjoy the ride.

 

FTH

 

 

 

 

You need help.

Instant ban please mods, for his own good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
innerjambo
7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

And still people defend Levein, Jesus wept! :facepalm:

 

Surely they must be mentality deranged, or hobos trying to keep Levein in a job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deviskan
4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

And still people defend Levein, Jesus wept! :facepalm:

 

I can only see the following logical explanations:

 

1. In the vain attempt to show their proper Hearts man credentials, they would never, ever criticise the club in any way.

 

2. They genuinely think he’s the man for the job...god help us.

 

3. They’re trolls trying to get a rise out of people/or Hibs fans.

 

4. They’re essentially Uncle Toms, indoctrinated by the current regime..:that scared of change, they will happily prefer to stick it out in the sheer belief that things will get better (as change is scary...essentially, they’re spineless).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

 

What has us being “rubbish” (in your opinion) have to do with my OP that you personally quoted?

You surely can’t argue  that we are rubbish just now?

Edited by Natural Orders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John mcCartney

1 and 4 chief

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

 

I can only see the following logical explanations:

 

1. In the vain attempt to show their proper Hearts man credentials, they would never, ever criticise the club in any way.

 

2. They genuinely think he’s the man for the job...god help us.

 

3. They’re trolls trying to get a rise out of people/or Hibs fans.

 

4. They’re essentially Uncle Toms, indoctrinated by the current regime..:that scared of change, they will happily prefer to stick it out in the sheer belief that things will get better (as change is scary...essentially, they’re spineless).

 

I think you've nailed it there mate, the only logical explanations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
Just now, innerjambo said:

 

Yep, the happy clappers are out in force tonight. Must be a full moon, or maybe they're pissed off with the 6 - 1 shafting they took today. 

 

Strange behaviour either way. 

 

The op replied to me with "blah blah blah *****". Presumably an expletive rhyming with Jeremy, the recent Tory leader hopeful. It's the rage and viciousness of many pro CL posters that astonishes me. Why the anger? 

 

Baffling. 

 

The scuttling Hibs interlopers can gtf. Not baffling at all. 

 

Enjoyed your posts recently, ij. You put up with and respond well to the abuse they dish out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic
10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You surely can’t argue  that we are rubbish just now?

 

No.

 

Rubbish is too strong a word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...