• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

He can’t be criticised for not dealing with a weakness in our team, and then further questioned for trying to sort it. 

Spot on.

One would think not, but he has clearly been, and is still currently being, just that.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Apache Mal said:

So CL says that he’s happy with the goalkeepers and by your reasoning you thought ‘CL is lying here’. 

Great he’s taken action but he doesn’t help

himself. 

If Levein had been more 'honest', you'd now be blaming him for Zlamal's worsening form. I take it you also think it's wrong for him to say we were only looking for two or three (or how ever many he said) players but ends up signing quite a few more than that!

I don't know whether or not Levein was genuinely happy with his keepers or not, but regardless, it would have been downright stupid of him to say he wasn't if, at that time, there was no replacement on the horizon. Unlike saying he has to strengthen the midfield or attack, if he says he needs a new keeper everyone knows who it is he intends replacing. Dodgy keepers don't become better when they know their manager thinks they're crap. 

None of our players have gone out on loan yet.  The teams lower down the pecking order looking to pick up Scot Prem players on loan are having to wait until we decide who is going and staying once we've concluded our own business.  Teams in Leagues 1 and 2 will need to wait to see if the lads can get a loan to the Champ team before they get a look in.  Seem fair?

Oh wait a minute though, are you telling me we're further down the pecking order than Man U and lots of other teams?  We sometimes have to wait until the best targets become available.  But the league has started.  It has ACTUALLY STARTED!!!  Levein and his hierarchy of world football and dictation of the commencement of the Scottish league season!  Argh!

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, JamboGoggz said:

We sign a new goalie on loan and it provokes 9 pages (so far) of mixed bitterness and rage, of course it does!

Think folks have a right to be frustrated, it does appear like we’re scratching around after the season has started trying to plug leaks in a sinking ship. Hopefully the ship floats now that’s the main thing, all Hearts fans can agree on that.

A better keeper will hopefully have an effect on the confidence of all our defenders and the whole team. Time to look forward with a faint glimmer of hope that things could improve. 

A few have been questioning if Bobby wants out I remembered an interview last month with his wife and believe it may have some bearing.

Sorry, I can't post the link as it is the Scotsman, but Bobby stated he would like to return to the Czech Republic but his wife was quite happy here.

Headline reads: 

Hearts’ Zdenek Zlamal reveals ‘battle’ with wife over future in Edinburgh

I am annoyed that we do our business at the tail end of the transfer window and give the players no time to get to know each other, this was evident at the weekend.

I understand that we are looking for bargains and those without a club, but surely we have to enlist to the starting 11 at the beginning of the window.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

I am annoyed that we do our business at the tail end of the transfer window and give the players no time to get to know each other, this was evident at the weekend.

I understand that we are looking for bargains and those without a club, but surely we have to enlist to the starting 11 at the beginning of the window.

How can you possibly be annoyed at the signings we've made so far? 

Now we just have to get them playing as a team

3 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

How can you possibly be annoyed at the signings we've made so far? 

Now we just have to get them playing as a team

The timing of the arrivals more than the players arriving.

You answered my point, Now we have to get them playing as a team, surely that is what the summer is for?

Edited by Neon
Additional thoughts

10 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

A few have been questioning if Bobby wants out I remembered an interview last month with his wife and believe it may have some bearing.

Sorry, I can't post the link as it is the Scotsman, but Bobby stated he would like to return to the Czech Republic but his wife was quite happy here.

Headline reads: 

Think was other way around, Bobby wanted to stay in Edinburgh forever, wife didn’t want to. I think.

14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

None of our players have gone out on loan yet.  The teams lower down the pecking order looking to pick up Scot Prem players on loan are having to wait until we decide who is going and staying once we've concluded our own business.  Teams in Leagues 1 and 2 will need to wait to see if the lads can get a loan to the Champ team before they get a look in.  Seem fair?

Oh wait a minute though, are you telling me we're further down the pecking order than Man U and lots of other teams?  We sometimes have to wait until the best targets become available.  But the league has started.  It has ACTUALLY STARTED!!!  Levein and his hierarchy of world football and dictation of the commencement of the Scottish league season!  Argh!

13 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Headline reads: 

See my attached post.

17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

There is no demand within Scotland to follow England in finishing the transfer window before the season starts. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Think was other way around, Bobby wanted to stay in Edinburgh forever, wife didn’t want to. I think.

No his wife loves Edinburgh, he wants to go back at the end of his three year contract. He’s played for 12 clubs in 17 years, he doesn’t hang around long especially outside the Czech Republic.

7A7F19BF-49C6-4750-8663-A28ED774F7E5.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think folks have a right to be frustrated, it does appear like we’re scratching around after the season has started trying to plug leaks in a sinking ship. Hopefully the ship floats now that’s the main thing, all Hearts fans can agree on that.

I reckon we had to wait until the end of the English transfer window before we could get the players he needed.

The Big Papa Phelps

I feel for Bobby.I think he is a good guy and a good character to have around the dressing room but I don't think he was every good enough to be our Number 1.Same with Colin. 

I'm hoping this young lad from Man Utd can do a job for us for a year to allow Craig to source other keepers.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

See my attached post.

We should have targets who are not indisposed until the league has started and have the ability and forethought to pick up those who are available.

Is this a new phenomenon to actually sign the majority of your players during the summer holidays?

God forbid getting a working team on the pitch.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Ironic that zlamal’s last game for us was a clean sheet 😂😂

wish him all the best 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There is no demand within Scotland to follow England in finishing the transfer window before the season starts. 

Indeed.  Nor should there be.  But it means we need to wait until their window closes to see who hasn't managed to get a move they wanted or who clubs are now willing to loan out, just the way it is.  Their window closing before ours is actually an advantage in that way.

2 minutes ago, The Big Papa Phelps said:

I feel for Bobby.I think he is a good guy and a good character to have around the dressing room but I don't think he was every good enough to be our Number 1.Same with Colin. 

I'm hoping this young lad from Man Utd can do a job for us for a year to allow Craig to source other keepers.

This is where I am at, wish Bobby all the best, if someone comes in for him.

Hoping the new kid brings us some peace of mind but I have the feeling he will play second fiddle to Doyle.

3 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

wish him all the best 

Officially the luckiest clean sheet ever to be fair! 

1 minute ago, neonjambo said:

We should have targets who are not indisposed until the league has started and have the ability and forethought to pick up those who are available.

Is this a new phenomenon to actually sign the majority of your players during the summer holidays?

God forbid getting a working team on the pitch.

We signed Halkett in March, Washington came in early too and has had a full preseason with us.  White was signed with this season in mind.

The fact is, we could then sign some other players to fill other squad gaps and take what's on the market start of July, or we can take calculated risks and wait until now, when the window has closed down south and have a chance of signing considerably better players.  We would not have got Whelan, Damour or Pereira in July.  Who would you have signed instead?

I agree it would be ideal to have the whole squad together all summer, but our best chance of some proper quality in our market comes in August.  Hibs got their signings in early in a market they could work in at that point.  Let's see how that pans out.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
25 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Headline reads: 

Was chatting to his wife just the other day.  She thinks Bobby is a shite goalkeeper too,

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

We signed Halkett in March, Washington came in early too and has had a full preseason with us.  White was signed with this season in mind.

The fact is, we could then sign some other players to fill other squad gaps and take what's on the market start of July, or we can take calculated risks and wait until now, when the window has closed down south and have a chance of signing considerably better players.  We would not have got Whelan, Damour or Pereira in July.  Who would you have signed instead?

I agree it would be ideal to have the whole squad together all summer, but our best chance of some proper quality in our market comes in August.  Hibs got their signings in early in a market they could work in at that point.  Let's see how that pans out.

If Craig Levein is to be believed another forward or attacking midfielder yet to come, so 4 out of the starting 11 players signed at the beginning of the season.

Halkett and Washington surely prove that team bonding is important, White will be an ongoing cause with him needing minutes on the pitch, Steven Naismith is an inspiration as all saw at Aberdeen but we knew his capabilities.

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Indeed.  Nor should there be.  But it means we need to wait until their window closes to see who hasn't managed to get a move they wanted or who clubs are now willing to loan out, just the way it is.  Their window closing before ours is actually an advantage in that way.

Yup!  Am I right in remembering that Djoum didn't sign until after August under the EPL old system? 

P

1 hour ago, Apache Mal said:

So you’re disregarding Levein’s comment in June when he said he was happy with the goalkeepers?

Not at all but i'm happy enough that he publicly backed our players whilst working in the background to bring in better rather than state they were pish only to not get the replacement he wanted and be stuck with a pish keeper that had been publicly slated by his manager.

46 minutes ago, JamboGoggz said:

We sign a new goalie on loan and it provokes 9 pages (so far) of mixed bitterness and rage, of course it does!

and, of course, it is all Levein's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

It's not in the EU if that's what you are referring to, though it is in Schengen which will probably get him round any potential visa problems. 

Was meant to be a critique on the weegie kangaroo court which seems to preside on such matters.

I'm still bitter about the Gogita Gogua case all those years ago...

Sorry just saw Graygo's post on the other thread and sums it up perfectly - outwith any new signings.

"Berra had a long spell out injured last season and doesn't look back to full fitness yet.

Souttar is out just now and also missed a chunk of last season.

White hadn't kicked a ball for 2 1/2 years before yesterday.

Damour only played 2 games last season so is not match fit.

Walker has just returned from an injury and didn't play much football last year.

Haring is in the middle of a lengthy injury recovery period.

Clare has just returned from a lengthy injury.

Naismith as we all know is made of glass and has had a couple of lengthy injuries in the past year.

Ikpeazu is just back from injury and not fully fit yet. "

Happy the goal keeping issue has been addressed. Never seen the boy play but surely he's an improvement,  looking forward to Friday now rather than dreading it.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
13 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Was meant to be a critique on the weegie kangaroo court which seems to preside on such matters.

I'm still bitter about the Gogita Gogua case all those years ago...

Sorry, misunderstood your post, thought you were being sarcastic towards the poster you were replying to. Typical JKB mistake by me, I suppose. 

Sadly, you probably have good reason for your scepticism surrounding the process.

2 hours ago, Sierra Delta said:

Interesting. 

Assume that means Zlamal will be departing shortly. 

Zlamal looked out of sorts on Saturday. He's normally been a fairly decent shot-stopper, quite agile but is a bit of a 'mare when it comes to controlling his box or coming for crosses. Always seemed quite undecisive. Maybe he just wants away and his heart's not in it anymore, maybe he's as fed up as the fans. Does seem strange though (with Levein, that word gets used quite often!) that if Levein knew Bobby was on his way out and gave Doyle an extended/new contract, you'd have thought he would've played him instead on Saturday. All very strange.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No his wife loves Edinburgh, he wants to go back at the end of his three year contract. He’s played for 12 clubs in 17 years, he doesn’t hang around long especially outside the Czech Republic.

7A7F19BF-49C6-4750-8663-A28ED774F7E5.png

I think he should go to Hibs and keep his Mrs happy myself

Clerry Jambo
31 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

wish him all the best 

Ditto, I 'm not getting all the seethe about Boaby and indeed wish him all the best if he goes

Welcome Joel, despite coming from the wee mancs!!!

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Anyone who even suggests that Ann Budge is not an incredibly supportive owner needs shot! Glad we have at last addressed an obvious deficiency since the middle of last season, not seen the lad so just hope he's good. Still not a fan of loan keepers that we can never afford in the long run though, there's no way you can build a team like that. 

You can if it allows the younger players to develop in the meantime.

Bazzas right boot

This place. 

Sign players 

Don't sign players 

Sign more players 

Get a gk

Don't get a gk

Slate players in public 

Support players in public 

Tell the Press the truth

Keep cards close to chest

Some posters no matter what-

big_trouble.jpg

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This place. 

Sign players 

Don't sign players 

Sign more players 

Get a gk

Don't get a gk

Slate players in public 

Support players in public 

Tell the Press the truth

Keep cards close to chest

Some posters no matter what-

big_trouble.jpg

What do you expect from a sport that has differing opinions ?

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

You can if it allows the younger players to develop in the meantime.

Or for Craig Gordon's contract to end ……. :wink:

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What do you expect from a sport that has differing opinions ?

0_1S5Wcui-bIe-1nv9.jpg

Got a mate in work who's an AVID Man Utd fan and he reckons this is the best bit of business we've done in a long time!

I hope he is right! 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He hasn’t played yet? 

Fair point, will he create chances and movement in the final third?

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Blacky87 said:

Got a mate in work who's an AVID Man Utd fan and he reckons this is the best bit of business we've done in a long time!

I hope he is right! 

We can but hope....

its all that remains.

we did really need a keeper though and his parent club are a good one with  a track record for development ,

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think he should go to Hibs and keep his Mrs happy myself

Makes us all happy, we could crowd fund for the transfer fee 🤔🥴😜

Just now, doctor jambo said:

We can but hope....

its all that remains.

we did really need a keeper though and his parent club are a good one with  a track record for development ,

indeed! 

He admitted he thought Rangers or Celtic would have made a move for him, he rates him better than either Old Firm keeper.

He is fairly level headed in his assessment of footballers, but I will wait and see how he deals with his first instance of us lot turning on him. Maybe us Jambos can ruin another career! ( I joke). Really excited about this, but like yourself I'll not get on the happy bus just yet! 

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update