Ticket office shambles.

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

Woke before 6am to catch train from London enthusiastic about my first game of the season as always.. Arrived 15 minutes before KO. My shiny new ST (my old one was replaced for some reason despite no change to row or seat number) didn't work. I was directed to the end of a very long queue,  to get it sorted. It was a single queue stretching almost to Gorgie Road for picking up and buying match tickets and sorting my problem which many others had also encountered both with new and old season cards. The queue moved at glacial pace and I was still in McLeod street at KO. A steward asked who was waiting to pick up tickets and suggested I move to a shorter queue which supposedly existed for failed ST cards. There was no separate queue and those who had been waiting longer than me rightly complained that

I and others who followed the first stewards instructions were jumping the queue when   another steward told us i to go the front of the queue. My card was supposedly fixed but still failed to work at the turmstile and a steward or employee there had to blip me through with her machine. I missed 15 minutes of the game and was rewarded with a performance that made me wish I'd missed more.

Before I am asked the usual question , yes I will be writing to the club!  Copy Ann.

millerjames398
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Woke before 6am to catch train from London enthusiastic about my first game of the season as always.. Arrived 15 minutes before KO. My shiny new ST (my old one was replaced for some reason despite no change to row or seat number) didn't work. I was directed to the end of a very long queue,  to get it sorted. It was a single queue stretching almost to Gorgie Road for picking up and buying match tickets and sorting my problem which many others had also encountered both with new and old season cards. The queue moved at glacial pace and I was still in McLeod street at KO. A steward asked who was waiting to pick up tickets and suggested I move to a shorter queue which supposedly existed for failed ST cards. There was no separate queue and those who had been waiting longer than me rightly complained that

I and others who followed the first stewards instructions were jumping the queue when   another steward told us i to go the front of the queue. My card was supposedly fixed but still failed to work at the turmstile and a steward or employee there had to blip me through with her machine. I missed 15 minutes of the game and was rewarded with a performance that made me wish I'd missed more.

Before I am asked the usual question , yes I will be writing to the club!  Copy Ann.

It was brutal at 2 o clock, the steward directing the traffic didnt even know which stand, was which between gorgie and McLeod street, a shambles...

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cash gates with no one at them took up 4 out of 11 turnstiles at Gorgie west side while there big queues.

Yes. With no signs that's what they were and clearly no one directing those waiting to buy tickets in the queue at the ticket office round to gorgie road. 

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You're lucky you got in at all, if you had followed the club's published terms you would have made kick off. Arrived 15 minutes before kick off and missed the first 15 minutes of the match.

Having said that, what a shambles.

8. Admission cannot be guaranteed if the bearer arrives at the stadium less than 30 minutes before the advertised kick-off.

Jambojamie91

My son and I renewed our season tickets together, got to the gate and only my laddies ticket worked, had to go round to the ticket office to be told I had been sent a new one in may, when nothing had changed, missed half a chunk of the first half due to issues caused by the club. Shambles on the pitch and looking like a shambles off it.

16 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

It was brutal at 2 o clock, the steward directing the traffic didnt even know which stand, was which between gorgie and McLeod street, a shambles...

Most of the stewards seem to be daft young lassies that haven't a clue what they're meant to be doing.  The ones in the Gorgie stand just gather in groups and chat.

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

You're lucky you got in at all, if you had followed the club's published terms you would have made kick off. Arrived 15 minutes before kick off and missed the first 15 minutes of the match.

Having said that, what a shambles.

8. Admission cannot be guaranteed if the bearer arrives at the stadium less than 30 minutes before the advertised kick-off.

Not very customer friendly is it.? Hardly anyone arrives 30 minutes before KO.

9 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Most of the stewards seem to be daft young lassies that haven't a clue what they're meant to be doing.  The ones in the Gorgie stand just gather in groups and chat.

Not a clue what you are complaining about. They get the living wage the club are turning over  £12500000 per year.

You *******s are lucky to have a club to support. Suck it up Jambos.

Signed AB CL and the never to be displaced Directors of HMFC.

Now sit down and shut up "peasants" and behave

Edited by 7628mm

The same thing happened to me but the wait time was made longer by one guy moaning/complaining saying they are going to write to the club, then had a go at the retail woman? Just get on with it you’re causing bother for the people behind you. 

Bazzas right boot

Looked bad. 

My St never worked but a steward taken me through the gate manually. 

I wouldn't have joined that queue if she'd said to me to do so. 

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How many minutes prior are reasonable?

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

The same thing happened to me but the wait time was made longer by one guy moaning/complaining saying they are going to write to the club, then had a go at the retail woman? Just get on with it you’re causing bother for the people behind you. 

That wasn't me!!! But I think people had a right to complain, certainly to the club

Unfortunately in these situations  those in  the front line unfairly bear the brunt not higher paid ones who supposedly organise these things. In writing to the club I will make that point.

You really didn't miss anything. I wish I'd missed ninety minutes of it. Sadly my ST worked and I had to sit through the whole debacle. The coffee was nice but that's gone up again too. Raging!

52 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Here's a thought...when ordering your ticket online why not choose the "Print at Home' option or select the option to have them posted to your home then you can wander up at 14.55 and get to your seat in time to belt out 'The Hearts' Song' and to see the kick off.  That said if the queue to collect tickets is all the way to Gorgie Road maybe the club could have more than one window and 2 people dealing with the situation.  I am a ST holder and was picking up tickets for Friday night's League Cup match.  I arrived at 2pm and finally got to my seat in Lower T with 5 minutes to spare.  Thankfully my new ST card worked first time.    There was no option for Friday's match ticket to 'print at home' or for them to be posted and as I live in East Kilbride I needed to collect today as I won't be back in Gorgie until our next home match.
If I can help it I always print at home for cup tickets and away games I get them posted if they go on sale at a time when we don't have a match at Tynie beforehand.

Just my thoughts and I do have some sympathy with those who miss kick off but the guy in the club shop getting angry at staff because he left his ST at home and needed to get a replacement at the TO is beyond a joke.  Whose fault was it that he forgot his ST, ffs?

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

That wasn't me!!! But I think people had a right to complain, certainly to the club

Unfortunately in these situations  those in  the front line unfairly bear the brunt not higher paid ones who supposedly organise these things. In writing to the club I will make that point.

Agree with you and writing a letter will get some sort of reaction higher up.. no need for the guy to cause a scene and take it out on club store staff whilst 20 people are waiting behind him with the same issue.

Jambof3tornado
58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cash gates with no one at them took up 4 out of 11 turnstiles at Gorgie west side while there big queues.

Must have taken about £22.73 at the cash gates.

Why anyone would walk up is beyond me.

brunoatemyhamster

Bang on 2 o clock, Took the laddie to the cash gate gorgie Road  at was told they couldn't let the wee man in as they had no child tickets. All cash gates the same. Had to go round, stand in the que, then return to the same gate to get in.Barely made it. 

Told I'd have to buy two adults ticket? Great solution. A shake down. 

Between that and the drivel he watched I'm not sure he's in a rush back. 

Arrived at 10 past 2, collected my card after 30 min wait. Got in without an issue. Sat through 90 mins of utter Shan football and got a sunburnt forehead in the process. **** you Levein 

41 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It was a tongue in cheek reply but it wouldn't surprise me if the club pointed you towards it. Like I said it's a shambles.

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

It was a tongue in cheek reply but it wouldn't surprise me if the club pointed you towards it. Like I said it's a shambles.

Sorry. I realised after I replied that was probably your point

26 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Here's a thought...when ordering your ticket online why not choose the "Print at Home' option or select the option to have them posted to your home then you can wander up at 14.55 and get to your seat in time to belt out 'The Hearts' Song' and to see the kick off.  That said if the queue to collect tickets is all the way to Gorgie Road maybe the club could have more than one window and 2 people dealing with the situation.  I am a ST holder and was picking up tickets for Friday night's League Cup match.  I arrived at 2pm and finally got to my seat in Lower T with 5 minutes to spare.  Thankfully my new ST card worked first time.    There was no option for Friday's match ticket to 'print at home' or for them to be posted and as I live in East Kilbride I needed to collect today as I won't be back in Gorgie until our next home match.
If I can help it I always print at home for cup tickets and away games I get them posted if they go on sale at a time when we don't have a match at Tynie beforehand.

Just my thoughts and I do have some sympathy with those who miss kick off but the guy in the club shop getting angry at staff because he left his ST at home and needed to get a replacement at the TO is beyond a joke.  Whose fault was it that he forgot his ST, ffs?

Can you print season ticket cards at home? 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Can you print season ticket cards at home? 

why would you have to?  Mine got sent to my house way back in June!!! 

Just now, jamboiain13 said:

No idea. Sorry I thought you were suggesting FA could have printed his ticket at home and I thought 'that's a new thing'. As you can tell, I no longer have a season ticket so don't know what they are like now.

5 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Luck you, some of us apparently had ours sent out too only to never receive them. 

Holyrood_Hearts

Its all a bit of a shambles on & off the park.

I got there at 2.15pm to collect a ticket as my ST hadn’t arrived yet & was advised there was 2 queues (1 for collecting tickets & another for buying tickets) Thought it was odd having the 2nd queue when we had a cash gate open in the Gorgie stand but it is what it is.

15 mins later someone else came out & said ST holders collecting tickets should be in the queue for buying tickets so a few people moved across.

It was incredibly busy & I appreciate Hearts aren’t responsible for people getting to the ground on time, but I think if things like cash gates are going to be a feature, announce it earlier than the morning of the match. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Bang on 2 o clock, Took the laddie to the cash gate gorgie Road  at was told they couldn't let the wee man in as they had no child tickets. All cash gates the same. Had to go round, stand in the que, then return to the same gate to get in.Barely made it. 

That's poor. 

Hey FA - well done for travelling up - understand your total frustration 400 miles and they make you feel less than special.

All I can say is ... well done for backing HMFC and I hope you get home safely.

And that this season will turn out brilliantly for Jambos everywhere; win a cup and / or get into Europe

brunoatemyhamster
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's poor. 

Not blaming the staff, no shouting and balling, but i thought it was pretty poor. Especially since the club said it was recommending the cash gate as they were expecting crowd at the ticket office before I even left the house. 

A problem easily fixed, and I couldn't have been the only one. Told the boy at the ticket office que and he didn't look surprised. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Surely the simple solution would have been for all the people queuing to simply storm and force open one of the exit gates, it works perfectly well for other clubs!  Our fans are far too polite these days, whatever happened to the good old days of Gorgie aggro?

1 hour ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Guy on my bus was complaining about this too , pathetic.