Sign in to follow this  
Justin Z

Star Trek: Picard

Mysterion
12 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Data/B4 what ever character Brent spiner is playing looks ****ing awful. They should have went with that technology they have used with that new film Will Smith's in or CGI

I don't think it's too bad - however I agree - some of the de-aging CGI from Captain Marvel that the did with Sammy L would be good. 

Dean Winchester
6 hours ago, Mysterion said:

I don't think it's too bad - however I agree - some of the de-aging CGI from Captain Marvel that the did with Sammy L would be good. 

I would imagine the process for that is quite expensive to have it look alright. Probably alright for some small scenes or doing it on a movie budget but if he's in it a significant amount then it's probably not worth it.

Phil Dunphy

That first episode was great.

ri Alban

:yas:

It's on!

Justin Z

Had chills throughout the intro. Stopped midway through the episode just to sit and let everything Jean-Luc Picard represents wash over me--and note that the episode had gotten that kind of reaction out of me.

It's definitely not TNG 2.0--it's modern and much different. Definitely doesn't have to be a bad thing. I thought it was a bit weak at times as far as McGuffin-chasing and just inserting convenient plot points in without explanation. But is a Star Trek I want to watch back? Yes, I do think so, for the first time in over 20 years. Fingers optimistically crossed.

Ferris Bueller

I enjoyed it.... Thought the part at the end with sister talking to some guy was like a shot out of love boat. 

But as it scanned away.... I was like OMFG... Why? WTF hurry up next episode . 

ri Alban

Engage! :robboyas:

AlimOzturk

Still prefer the Orvil over anything Trek has produced since TNG..hopefully Picard brings Trek back from the scrap heap.as discovery is pish

Cade

Picard has been good so far. Love me a conspiracy thriller.

Never even bothered with Discovery season 2 as season 1 was awful.

The Orville is the most Star Trek show on the telly. Seth McFarlane understands Star Trek far better than anybody actually involved with Star Trek.

Zlatanable

Two more Red Letter Media reviews.

Episodes 2 and 3

and Episodes 4 and 5