Scottish Press and the OF

Paul_C

I know we've seen it all before and it's laughable but will they ever stop?

Velicka is now about to arrive at Ibronx via his stint in Norway so it's time for the Sunday Mason to send a reporter over there to cover one of his final games and get an interview with him. (quite ironic that he didn't get a game)

Why are we not reading 2 page spreads on all the players that the other SPL clubs are signing, in the interests of fairness?

I'm really looking forward to Keith Jacksons' "work" soon. Seeing Velicka was one of the "faceless cast of thousands" at Tynecastle I presume he will remain that at Ibrox and not be given a name check in any of Keechs' fantastic journalistic masterpieces.

:sad:

Absolutely. Velicka is a Lith diver after all ? I trust the fourth estate will remember this now that he is a hun ?

Guest jambomickey

aint the press we need to be having a pop at right now! the paraniod lier in lithuania is the one we should be taking our anger out on.

aint the press we need to be having a pop at right now! the paraniod lier in lithuania is the one we should be taking our anger out on.

Can we please have one thread in which you don't post about Romanov? This is about Rangers and Velicka. If we can't talk about anything other than what Romanov is doing then we'll all be suicidal by the end of the day.

MacDonald Jardine
I know we've seen it all before and it's laughable but will they ever stop?

Velicka is now about to arrive at Ibronx via his stint in Norway so it's time for the Sunday Mason to send a reporter over there to cover one of his final games and get an interview with him. (quite ironic that he didn't get a game)

Why are we not reading 2 page spreads on all the players that the other SPL clubs are signing, in the interests of fairness?

I'm really looking forward to Keith Jacksons' "work" soon. Seeing Velicka was one of the "faceless cast of thousands" at Tynecastle I presume he will remain that at Ibrox and not be given a name check in any of Keechs' fantastic journalistic masterpieces.

:sad:

Like who?

Dutch amateurs going to Aberdeen?

Kaunas for us?

Guest jambomickey
Can we please have one thread in which you don't post about Romanov? This is about Rangers and Velicka. If we can't talk about anything other than what Romanov is doing then we'll all be suicidal by the end of the day.

just saying it's not the press we should be having a pop at right now mate that's all

just saying it's not the press we should be having a pop at right now mate that's all

Nowt wrong with having a pop at the Weejia 24/7.

Like who?

Dutch amateurs going to Aberdeen?

Kaunas for us?

Think you missed my point on that part MJ.

I don't want to be reading 2 page spreads on Aberdeens Dutch amateurs, in the same way I don't feel we need a 2 page spread on how Velicka has been playing Simply The Best or how he doesn't want to sit on the bench every week. There was no need to send a reporter up to Norway to find out the square root of hee-haw, from a player who, the only reason for the reporters trip, is coming to Rangers in a couple of weeks.

Hang on, he did get the added bonus of an interview with ex-rangers "star" Maurice Ross.

It's complete overkill and an absolute non-story, yet especially round this time of year when theres no games to report on, they have to fill pages and pages of OF guff.

Guest jambomickey
Nowt wrong with having a pop at the Weejia 24/7.

yeah i agree mate but we got more to have a pop at right now than the press

Why shouldn't we have a go at the press? Just because we have our own problems does not mean that we can never say a bad word about anyone else. Everyone knows the problems with Romanov and therefore there's no need to hijack a thread about the press and turn it into one about Romanov.

Its just a slow news time at the moment I guess.

I'm amazed anyone still reads these papers given how awful they are. Or do people enjoy handing over their hard-earned in exchange for something which will wind them up?

Guest jambomickey
Why shouldn't we have a go at the press? Just because we have our own problems does not mean that we can never say a bad word about anyone else. Everyone knows the problems with Romanov and therefore there's no need to hijack a thread about the press and turn it into one about Romanov.

i agree the press a joke at times but o lot of what they said about us has came through and is coming through

Chip Douglas
Think you missed my point on that part MJ.

I don't want to be reading 2 page spreads on Aberdeens Dutch amateurs, in the same way I don't feel we need a 2 page spread on how Velicka has been playing Simply The Best or how he doesn't want to sit on the bench every week. There was no need to send a reporter up to Norway to find out the square root of hee-haw, from a player who, the only reason for the reporters trip, is coming to Rangers in a couple of weeks.

Hang on, he did get the added bonus of an interview with ex-rangers "star" Maurice Ross.

It's complete overkill and an absolute non-story, yet especially round this time of year when theres no games to report on, they have to fill pages and pages of OF guff.

It's a no brainer. They're tailoring articles to their readership, particularly the Daily Record/Sunday Mail combo, which are quintessentially Glasweigan papers.

I am surprised we need to keep to having this conversation; the sooner we just ignore them, the better. I haven't paid for a Record or Sun in over 13 years.

I would be interested to see exactly what the statistics show about non OF SPL supporters and their habits for buying these rags.

Archived