Top 6 league predictions ?

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Respect your view but it's too negative for me.  We have beaten the OF many, many times and will continue to do so.  Even Hibs manage it.

We might win the odd game against them but both will finish at least 20 points ahead of us.

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not much to support the idea that Lennon is an awful manager. He’s won 4 Scottish Premiership titles, 3 Scottish Cups and managed to get a wee team like Hibs into the Scottish Premiership by winning the Scottish Championship. He is also the Celtic manager to get them furthest in the Champions League in recent times. On top of that he lost less games as Celtic manager than Brendan Rodgers last season. I agree Rangers are starting to look very threatening under Gerard but Lennon could be handed one hell of a transfer kitty. That said I hope Celtic have a horrible season and win absolutely nothing!

I agree on paper Lennon seems like a great manager. We all know that’s not the case tho. Celtic look weaker under him and have needed luck to get over the line in loads of matches. He’s a fruitcake and a glorified boss, Celtic players won’t like that. Lennon was awful at Bolton, and pretty awful by the end at hibs. He causes bother everywhere he goes and it won’t be long till we see the wheels come off. Ideally we’d stop 10 but I have a feeling Lennon will. 

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Aberdeen

4. Kilmarnock

5. Ross County

6. Motherwell

I really couldn't give a flying **** who wins the league but it obviously won't be us. Not bothered about qualifying for Europe in 3rd or 4th as it is now 2 ties max and then an overreaction to us going out to a team none of us have heard of. 

I'd like two things please, a better team to watch, particularly at Tynecastle, and a cup win. For me that's what really matters. 

Edited by Jodami

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Hibs in that order.

This for me. I think possibly Hibs dropping out with Motherwell squeezing into 5th and we'll finish 6th, because we down tools post-split.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Aberdeen

4. Kilmarnock

5. Ross County

6. Motherwell

:naughty:

IveSeenTheLight
53 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

This for me. I think possibly Hibs dropping out with Motherwell squeezing into 5th and we'll finish 6th, because we down tools post-split.

I also think Motherwell will push into the top 6 this season, but can also see Hibs dropping into the bottom 6.

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Aberdeen

4. Motherwell

5. Kilmarnock

6. Hearts

I do think that its very early to call and can easily see 4th, 5th and 6th all interchanging and battling it out for 4th

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I just don't think we have strengthened in any area. I think Halkett will be a good signing but central defence was solid anyway.

Any team playing Wighton every week will struggle. Throw in Garruccio (when fit), Brandon, Bozanic etc we are very weak.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Any team playing Wighton every week will struggle. Throw in Garruccio (when fit), Brandon, Bozanic etc we are very weak.

Only an absolute idiot, would think any of those players will be playing every week ...

Bazzas right boot

Celtic

Rangers 

Hearts 

Aberdeen 

Motherwell 

Hibs

Gerrard to be sacked before Xmas. 

I think we'll get 65-69 points. 

If it wasn't for our injuries we'd have got that last season, I don't think it's that big a leap. 

Hopefully get around 80 and challenge for 2nd but can't see it. That's the equivalent of 27 wins. We'll get about 20 wins. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
42 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Why do you turn everything negative ? New season, new optimism 

38 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Only an absolute idiot, would think any of those players will be playing every week ...

Wighton alone will play at least 25 games next season.

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why do you turn everything negative ? New season, new optimism 

Too long in the tooth now.  I used to be like that at the start of every season.

I just can't shake of the on the field negativity in the Budge era .

It started about 20 games into the season we came backup.  Probably 'that game' v Hibs.  It gradually got worse for me as I would see a lack of fire and desire to win.  We lack bottle and real fight.  Our existence nowadays is to be a nice club and that is simply not ok with me.

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Like I said!

1. Sevco: More from a Lennon-being-crap perspective than Gerrard being some sort of master manager

2. Celtic: Multiple Lennon meltodowns later, he won't see the season out

3. Aberdeen: Always there or thereabouts and still well a head of us unfortunately. Don't think they'll be that far away from the top two who aren't exactly unbeatable.

4. Heart of Midlothian: Unless we sort out our center mid's then we won't be near the above 3. Really need Washington to be that 15-20 goal a season striker and Naismith to keep fit. If any of these don't happen then we'll be back down to 6th or below.

5 to 10: Hard to predict how 'the rest' shape up because their signings are always so unbelievably unknown.

Hibs: To go down via the playoffs. New American businessman to transfer all assets to himself and then lease back to the club. Huge bank debt taken out, not sure why.

Hamilton: Please **** off with just 12 points for the season, all gained from Hibs.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I agree, this season he'll be mostly a sub, if not sent on loan. Hopefully next season he can establish himself and play a lot more. He'll still only be 23. Jason Cummings is pushing 24 now and still hasn't established himself at a good level.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

None of these players are going to be first picks once the season starts proper. We'll get a replacement for Haring and Bozanic will be a general midfield back up. Wighton is currently 5th striker, 6th when Naismith is back. Brandon will be back up for Smith. Garricio will be competing with Hickey and White for LB.

Edited by ToqueJambo

12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If he's planning to play Wighton alone for 25 games, Levein oot.  Surely he should at least play a goalie with him.