Ever missed a flight?

Toggie88

The answer for me was no, until 0520 this morning.

I?m in the middle of Palma, at an internet cafe with no flights booked to get home and I?m in a country where I barely understand a word of the language.

So, anything happened to you of note while you?ve been abroad?

(Btwcheck out these crazy Catalan keyboard letters = ?, ?, ?, ?)

I?m in the middle of Palma, at an internet cafe with no flights booked to get home and I?m in a country where I barely understand a word of the language.

Locked up then thrown out of Australia, then locked up in Singapore waiting on my connecting flight.

Locked up then thrown out of Australia, then locked up in Singapore waiting on my connecting flight.

Care to share - if it's funny.

This board is needing a laugh at the mo'.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A classic example of SNP uselessness. ;)

Care to share - if it's funny.

This board is needing a laugh at the mo'.

Not that funny... but funny enough.

Was dj'n in Aus and got caught at Perth Airport and done for not having a working visa... my dj'n was cash in hand. When I was locked up in the detention centre I was looked after by a warden who was from Mussleburgh I ended up sharing a cell with a people smuggler from venuzuala, was flown out from Perth, free of charge... thank you very much quantas ;) and then when getting off at singapore they arrested me and locked me up for no reason, they said they had to do it as I was a security risk.... wtf.

Whilst in the detention centre in Perth I met some very sad cases... people who had been their for two years, a manc bloke who had been their for 18 months.

Was worth it tho... some experience.

I've got one of them! ???? - but I'm used to it by now!

Bad luck, Palma is fecking massive!

PresidentRomanov
Missed a flight from Palma once, due to the complete drunken incompetence of another poster on here:p

Sorry for not picking you up quickly enough when you collapsed at check in :booze:

Sorry for not picking you up quickly enough when you collapsed at check in :booze:

Ha!!, we were getting the flight until you and the other herbert decided to leave for the departure lounge 2 mins before take off, I had sobered up by then.:wacko:

Ha!!, we were getting the flight until you and the other herbert decided to leave for the departure lounge 2 mins before take off, I had sobered up by then.:wacko:

I heard you did a comedy fall with a luggage trolley. ;)

PresidentRomanov

I'm sure there's an English boy somewhere who would disagree with that :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That was different, anyway answer your phone ya pleb, I'm already getting a drouth.

PresidentRomanov
That was different, anyway answer your phone ya pleb, I'm already getting a drouth.

It's in the car, I'll go and get it :)

Ashamed to say I missed my flight back from Paris, after the Bordeaux game (TGV to / from Bordeaux, before any smart@rses say anything).

Too much time in the bar with a couple of jambos.

And I'd been at the airport for 5 (five) hours at that point.

?400+ to get a flight home.

Cost of the rest of the trip put together.

I missed an Edinburgh - Birmingham flight and no amount of charm could get me on another, so i drove. I was going to a trade show at NEC and told my colleague she should use the flight home rather than hours in the car. I got a call from her on my return journey when i was nearing Blackpool, to tell me that as we hadn't used the out going flight they automatically cancelled the return. I had made it clear we were going to Birmingham that day even if it wasn't on the flight we'd paid for.

She had to pay for the same seat again, we got full refunds after scouring their customer charter and pointing out various breaches of it. If i'd been clever i probably could've claimed the petrol too...

I was working in Bergen in Norway for a week at an Oil Conference. Had an after party to attend on the Friday night and I'm not really ashamed to admit I lost track of everything at about 10pm. Had a taxi booked at the hotel with a colleague at 8am to the Airport for a 10am flight to Stavanger to connect to Schipol then back to Edinburgh.

I woke at 10 and was having a pee when it dawned on me that I should have left the hotel hours ago. Bloody workmate had got the taxi without me and never even checked that I was up. Bar Steward. (he was Norwegian.) -

I just packed, jumped into a taxi and went to the airport and actually managed to get a flight to Schipol (by about 15 mins) and made the Edinburgh connection on time. Ooops.

Boss wasn't impressed when I called him. Thank god for company credit cards.

I was very very very hungover and threw up about 5 times that day!

Missed two flights before, both hearts related.

First time was braga, we stayed in porto. Our flight was an easyjet to southern spain.

We hired a car drove down on the wedensday and where to return on the saturday.

The Friday after the game, we went out and got smashed. in porto.

We were meant to leave 6am to head back to Valodolid(spain).

We ended up sleeping in, woke up jumped in our hire car, headed for spain.

We thought to ourselfs if we drive fast enough make it no bother.

So we were on the road, shut my eyes thinking we were going to be okay.

Woke up an hour later to shouts the car stopped, we had been driving full speed in the wrong direction.

We were closere to lisbon than spain.Ended up getting flights from there via paris back hame.

A day late and 500 quid lighter.

2nd time I stayed in Luxembourg and was flying back for the semi, got wrecked on the friday. slept through my alarm on the saturday.

ended up in glasgow on the saturday night via London and 300 quid lighter.

So we were on the road, shut my eyes thinking we were going to be okay.

Hope you weren't driving!

I got lost in Milan once, missed my flight there but ended up getting one to Newcastle later that day and got a lift from there.

I would say that it's a funny story, but basically it isn't really.

Once lost track of time in the pub after work on a Friday while working in Holland and missed my flight home by only about 15 mins. Wasn't too bad, there are worse places to have to spend an unexpected night than Amsterdam. :peek_by_Andrin:

Also missed a flight by 24 hours (got the date wrong) once.

A good mate of mine from Musselburgh who is also a jambo once woke up in the bogs in frankfurt airport with his trolleys round his ankles about 2 hours after his flight had left, with no idea how he'd ended up there. Very expensive ***** that one.

Missed one last summer though it wasn't my fault- me and my ex were going to paris and flying from prestwick. Went through to glasgow the night before and stayed at her parents. Just as we were getting ready to leave the next day she's in a strop and can't find her passport. Turns out she'd left it 'in a safe place' in edinburgh. So we missed the flight and had to pay ?100 each to change to the next flight which left at 6.45am the next morning (had to get up at 4am so were shattered for the first (second!) day of the trip). The flights originally had cost about ?60 each. What a bawbag.

heartgarfunkel
Missed one last summer though it wasn't my fault- me and my ex were going to paris and flying from prestwick. Went through to glasgow the night before and stayed at her parents. Just as we were getting ready to leave the next day she's in a strop and can't find her passport. Turns out she'd left it 'in a safe place' in edinburgh. So we missed the flight and had to pay ?100 each to change to the next flight which left at 6.45am the next morning (had to get up at 4am so were shattered for the first (second!) day of the trip). The flights originally had cost about ?60 each. What a bawbag.

It would still have been your fault though;) Got to love 'em

not me, but an old work colleague waiting for a delayed 21:30 BA flight from heathrow to aberdeen realised at 21:45 that he was actually waiting at the gate for the 21:30 BMI flight and the BA one had already gone. he couldn't comprehend that 2 flights from there were going to aberdeen at the same time.

same guy booked a flight to heathrow instead of manchester and didn't realise until he was at the airport.

this dude has a masters that he passed with distinction. what ever happened to common sense?

That's me just back.

Turns out that missing my flight was the best thing that could have happened. Got another day at the beach with folk I had met out there (An Aussie (stunning!), a Swede, a Kiwi and two Danes (One of whom was probably the most attractive lassies I've ever seen), watched the football in a local bar followed by some skinny-dipping with said stunning lassies.

All in all, a fantastic trip - it was great seeing the local aspect away from all the touristy nonsense, met people I'll never forget and plan to go and visit them in the near future.

Only once. Missed a flight from Bergamo to Barcelona /Gerona.

Left in plenty of time but there was a massive tailback on the motorway because of a fatal accident.

Missed my Ryanair flight.

Then booked a new flight the next day with Volare an Italian low cost airline.

They were declared insolvent about two hours after I booked and paid for this flight.

The real bummer was that I was going to Barcelona as I had tickets for a Barcelona-Real Madrid league game

• 3 weeks later...
David_R_Young
That's me just back.

Turns out that missing my flight was the best thing that could have happened. Got another day at the beach with folk I had met out there (An Aussie (stunning!), a Swede, a Kiwi and two Danes (One of whom was probably the most attractive lassies I've ever seen), watched the football in a local bar followed by some skinny-dipping with said stunning lassies.

All in all, a fantastic trip - it was great seeing the local aspect away from all the touristy nonsense, met people I'll never forget and plan to go and visit them in the near future.

Bet that was an eye opener for them! Real sight to behold

Missed a flight on my last three trips abroad.

On route to Prague my mate went missing in Brussels airport, he returned in time to board but by that point someone else had gone to look for him and gotten lost as well. We managed to get the next flight out at no extra cost but didn?t get our luggage until the next morning.

Had an even more anxious wait to see if it were possible if I could travel to New York having been denied access to the flight because of a damaged passport. After a few whiskeys I was given a new passport later in the day and we flew out the next morning.

I missed my original flight from Edinburgh to London on route to Ibiza after I accidently packed all my contact lenses and solution in my carry on bag. Rather than throw them away I tried to get the bag checked in but it was too late. I will be eternally grateful to the workers at BA for getting me on a flight direct to Gatwick at no extra cost.

That's me just back.

Of Course you did!! ;)

That's me just back.

Funnily enough, as I popped out to Tesco to buy milk and rolls last night, four glamour models pulled up in a limousine and invited me in for a coke fuelled orgy. Never got the rolls, but it was worth it.

Does anyone else have any stories like this?

Funnily enough, as I popped out to Tesco to buy milk and rolls last night, four glamour models pulled up in a limousine and invited me in for a coke fuelled orgy. Never got the rolls, but it was worth it.

Does anyone else have any stories like this?

:rofl: :rofl: You got the milk though?

:rofl: :rofl: You got the milk though?

Yeah, luckily they had some in the limo's fridge. Still, had to go without lunch at work the next day. :sad:

That's me just back.

You forgot the bit where you turn down the chance of a sixsome with them so you can sit in an internet cafe and tell JKB about missing your flight.

Archived