Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JamboSpur

Sick Kids opening

Recommended Posts

Pans Jambo
7 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

I'm saying Scotland should accept the we have a Holyrood Government that is not fit for purpose and this is another example. And if it turns out as bad as suggested  then she should do the honourable thing. IMO.

 

Let's discuss the issue and not hide.

 

 

If a classic whatabootery is required can I just add that at least it isnt the London Crossrail project which will be a pound or 2 over budget & a couple of hours late being opened which Scotland will no doubt contribute to heavily and (IMO), the shambles of that project should lie squarly at the door of Nicola Sturgeon!!!

(Am I doing this right). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

If a classic whatabootery is required can I just add that at least it isnt the London Crossrail project which will be a pound or 2 over budget & a couple of hours late being opened which Scotland will no doubt contribute to heavily and (IMO), the shambles of that project should lie squarly at the door of Nicola Sturgeon!!!

(Am I doing this right). 

 

Whatever politics you support @Pans Jambo that new Sick Kids is shaping up to be a disaster. The new Glasgow hospital has big problems. That hospital in Ayrshire didn't have functioning CCTV for 3 years. Young people were committing suicide in the young offenders place. That mental health place in Dundee was disastrous. And there are many, many more things.

 

Scotland has it's own Parliament, yet all these issues are happening in places that are devolved policy.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

 

Whatever politics you support @Pans Jambo that new Sick Kids is shaping up to be a disaster. The new Glasgow hospital has big problems. That hospital in Ayrshire didn't have functioning CCTV for 3 years. Young people were committing suicide in the young offenders place. That mental health place in Dundee was disastrous. And there are many, many more things.

 

Scotland has it's own Parliament, yet all these issues are happening in places that are devolved policy.  

 

 

So whats the answer? Labour? Tories? Lib-Dems? UKIP?  Or hold to account who’s responsible & get them to actually address these issues. IMO, Changing the colour of the controlling party will do absolutely nothing.

In fact, given the utter shit show of every department down south & Brexit, I would say it would be even worse!

wasnt that long ago Labour PFI tied us into Billions of debt over many years & had new schools falling apart! Just look at the Edinburgh trams & the lack of new social housing that got built!

There may be issues with prison overcrowding & a new build hospital project but like Brexit, do we fix it whilst we have an influence or do we try & fix it when we are outside looking through the window? Because any London based party will look after their head office before they look after their branch office I can guarantee you that!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
42 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So whats the answer? Labour? Tories? Lib-Dems? UKIP?  Or hold to account who’s responsible & get them to actually address these issues. IMO, Changing the colour of the controlling party will do absolutely nothing.

In fact, given the utter shit show of every department down south & Brexit, I would say it would be even worse!

wasnt that long ago Labour PFI tied us into Billions of debt over many years & had new schools falling apart! Just look at the Edinburgh trams & the lack of new social housing that got built!

There may be issues with prison overcrowding & a new build hospital project but like Brexit, do we fix it whilst we have an influence or do we try & fix it when we are outside looking through the window? Because any London based party will look after their head office before they look after their branch office I can guarantee you that!

 

You are all over the place.

 

The SNP were the government that approved and let the trams cluster**** go unchecked.

 

They have made an absolute disaster of health, education and policing.  The Sick Kids fiasco is the latest shambles.  The core issue is that their attention has been spent campaigning for Independence instead of doing their day jobs.

 

It doesn't matter what they do you will always find excuses when there isn't any.

 

Maybe they could get Boris to give them some of the £2bn NHS money to cover these losses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo

The nub of the matter is that if you contract out for a building , then it has to be for  purpose prior to "delivery" and receipt of it.

This appears to not be the case at all.

The project is deeply flawed and not fit, yet someone has accepted it, and is now paying for it despite this.

Something not right in the contract if this is the case.

It does need looked at independently then we can look at what went wrong and why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
40 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

You are all over the place.

 

The SNP were the government that approved and let the trams cluster**** go unchecked.

 

They have made an absolute disaster of health, education and policing.  The Sick Kids fiasco is the latest shambles.  The core issue is that their attention has been spent campaigning for Independence instead of doing their day jobs.

 

It doesn't matter what they do you will always find excuses when there isn't any.

 

Maybe they could get Boris to give them some of the £2bn NHS money to cover these losses?

You are all over the place. It was the SNP who inherited the disaster that was the trams and had to deal with the clusterfeck that came with it and deliver it.

 

Is the sick kids a fiasco? Not really seen much other than its delayed and I wont be taking anyone's word for it on a football forum.

 

What would the London based parties have done with the Sick Kids? I'll tell you, they wouldnt have even bothered!

In fact, they would have sold off the old building for flats and sent the bairns down to the Royal in Little France to "sweat the resource" down there.

 

If its such a disaster then how is it far better in EVERY measurable way that the NHS in England, Wales & N.I.?

 

Attention to Independence? Aye right, its the Westminster supporting MSM and Ruth that continually bangs on about it. Of course nobody has been talking about Brexit for the past 4 years and in any case, thats the SNP's fault as well (along with the EU) isnt it Frank?

 

Despite the heavy shackles of Westminster the Scotgov at least TRIES to improve our lot. Otherwise we would be just ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

 

 

 

The SNP were the government that approved and let the trams cluster**** go unchecked.

 

 

 

 

Half true.

 

The opposition parties ooutvoted the minority SNP administration to approve the tram project. It was then left by them, without calling it in, arguably partly to say to the opposition 'we told so' but thats no way to run a government.

 

At a local level, it was initially a Lab-Lib Dem coalition who did the majority of making a pigs ear of it (through Transport Convenor Hinds) though that was then continued when the SNP became part of the ruling coalition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Brow
19 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Yet again the Tartan Taliban on here have headed for the hills when a major issue of SNP competence hits the headlines. 

 

There hasnt been a political party capable of planning and buliding infrastructure in Scotland/England or Wales in the time I have been alive. 

 

This isnt an SNP issue, its the fact we entrust idiots to get this stuff done, who get utterly bent over by proper business people, who do know how to maximise the amount of money they take from the public purse. 

 

If you look at all the building projects entrusted to politicians you'll find that almost all of them are over budget, shit quality and late. To try and make this a single party issue is complete bollocks. They're all shit at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
21 minutes ago, The Brow said:

 

There hasnt been a political party capable of planning and buliding infrastructure in Scotland/England or Wales in the time I have been alive. 

 

This isnt an SNP issue, its the fact we entrust idiots to get this stuff done, who get utterly bent over by proper business people, who do know how to maximise the amount of money they take from the public purse. 

 

If you look at all the building projects entrusted to politicians you'll find that almost all of them are over budget, shit quality and late. To try and make this a single party issue is complete bollocks. They're all shit at it. 

Then what should the voters do? Shrug their shoulders or look for change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
52 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

 

 

Half true.

 

The opposition parties ooutvoted the minority SNP administration to approve the tram project. It was then left by them, without calling it in, arguably partly to say to the opposition 'we told so' but thats no way to run a government.

 

At a local level, it was initially a Lab-Lib Dem coalition who did the majority of making a pigs ear of it (through Transport Convenor Hinds) though that was then continued when the SNP became part of the ruling coalition.

IIRC John Swinney reluctantly approved it but did approve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!

BTW how about the fools errands the SNP took in buying Prestwick Airport and  involvement in rescuing Ferguson Shipyard. How as that turned out for Scottish Taxpayers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
11 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

IIRC John Swinney reluctantly approved it but did approve it.

 

Be pretty hard to do anything else when the opposition parties voted for it tbf. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
19 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Then what should the voters do? Shrug their shoulders or look for change?

 

There needs to be voter pressure for a total overhaul of the IPA to enable it to take complete control of all public sector infrastructure projects, it needs to pay comparable or higher wages than the big contractors like CBRE etc to ensure it has the right people to stop these projects being mismanaged by mid-level managers from the public sector that have no knowledge of the construction industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

 

You are all over the place.

 

The SNP were the government that approved and let the trams cluster**** go unchecked.

 

They have made an absolute disaster of health, education and policing.  The Sick Kids fiasco is the latest shambles.  The core issue is that their attention has been spent campaigning for Independence instead of doing their day jobs.

 

It doesn't matter what they do you will always find excuses when there isn't any.

 

Maybe they could get Boris to give them some of the £2bn NHS money to cover these losses?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barneyboy
Posted (edited)

I think your also forgetting there’s 3 wards and an HDU in there waiting on DCN coming from the western, and 42 adult ICU beds that have been sitting empty for 3 years waiting on the move 

Edited by Barneyboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Brow
1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

Then what should the voters do? Shrug their shoulders or look for change?

 

Ideally we'd change the way we implement and manage these projects as its not worked in over 30 years. We constantly make a pigs ear of things and waste billions of tax.  Its a complete shit show.

 

My point was more that its useless labeling this as an SNP issue, when its bigger than that. Privatise the profit and let the public pay for the mistakes - its utter bollocks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

 

You are all over the place.

 

The SNP were the government that approved and let the trams cluster**** go unchecked.

 

They have made an absolute disaster of health, education and policing.  The Sick Kids fiasco is the latest shambles.  The core issue is that their attention has been spent campaigning for Independence instead of doing their day jobs.

 

It doesn't matter what they do you will always find excuses when there isn't any.

 

Maybe they could get Boris to give them some of the £2bn NHS money to cover these losses?

 

The snp did not approve the tram project. Their minority government was voted down on the issue amid allegations of prejudice. https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12779952.tram-scheme-goes-ahead-after-snp-defeat/

 

I don't think they let it go unchecked either. Without SNP government intervention i think it might still be under construction.

 

The SNP have not made an absolute disaster of health. In comparison to other UK countries the performance indicators remain favourable, in some cases by large margins.

 

Education outcomes are improving and in many areas at their highest ever levels.

 

We have not sacked tens of thousands of police officers and then denied that the increase in crime is not related  to their removal only to then announce a policy to reintroduce a similar number as a response to rising crime rates. In Scotland police numbers have increased slightly and crime has fallen significantly in most areas.

 

What is it that the SNP should have been doing precisely when they are campaigning for independence? I've never seen the health secretary talk about, never mind campaign for independence. She seems totally focused on her job and that maybe why there is an issue with the sick kids now. Maybe she isn't prepared to accept second best, open the hospital and hope it lasts long enough for her to move on and avoid responsibility. I'm sure you will be able to enlighten as to her shortcomings though.

 

People are not looking for excuses. Performance indicators tell us how we are doing and inform us of where we need to go. You seem to think that any minor technical difficulty, of which there are hundreds all across the country every day, can be attributed to the SNP's lack of focus because they support independence. It is this form of grievance mongering that diminishes political debate. Next thing you will be telling us that the NHS is safe in the hands of the Tories and that a No Deal Brexit with the privatisation of the NHS is no concern of the SNP governnment. You want them to get on with the day job and never mind the bigger picture.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

BTW how about the fools errands the SNP took in buying Prestwick Airport and  involvement in rescuing Ferguson Shipyard. How as that turned out for Scottish Taxpayers.

What do you think the government should have done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Brow
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

What do you think the government should have done?

 

We shouldn't be rescuing failing businesses at the expense of public money. You cant claim to be a capitalist society then prop up private failings with public money. So a shipyard fails - well that's just tough. If an airport fails - again, that's tough. 

 

If the business isn't surviving on its own then we need to let things die, especially if it was ultimately doomed anyway. 

Edited by The Brow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
10 minutes ago, The Brow said:

 

We shouldn't be rescuing failing businesses at the expense of public money. You cant claim to be a capitalist society then prop up private failings with public money. So a shipyard fails - well that's just tough. If an airport fails - again, that's tough. 

 

If the business isn't surviving on its own then we need to let things die, especially if it was ultimately doomed anyway. 

Shouldn't be rescuing failing businesses. Like Banks for example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
19 minutes ago, The Brow said:

 

We shouldn't be rescuing failing businesses at the expense of public money. You cant claim to be a capitalist society then prop up private failings with public money. So a shipyard fails - well that's just tough. If an airport fails - again, that's tough. 

 

If the business isn't surviving on its own then we need to let things die, especially if it was ultimately doomed anyway. 

 

There would be very few businesses left if they were not subsidised by the public purse. 

 

What happens to your society/country when you lose vital skills and infrastructure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Brow
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Shouldn't be rescuing failing businesses. Like Banks for example?

 

Exactly like banks. They should absolutely be allowed to fail - then they wouldn't be making so many shitty decisions and rewarding mediocrity so well. You could add a caveat for protecting savings, as its not the customer making bad decisions but we certainly shouldnt be bailing out their bad mortgage and investing decisions. 

Edited by The Brow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Brow
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

 

There would be very few businesses left if they were not subsidised by the public purse. 

 

What happens to your society/country when you lose vital skills and infrastructure?

 

That's not true is it. Plenty businesses make plenty of money. Unless you mean incentives to invest - which are different than bailouts. 

 

If your country isn't producing ships then how is shipbuilding a vital skill? Nationalised infrastructure should clearly be subsidised - unfortunately we're subsidising private businesses - which is bollocks. 

Edited by The Brow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!

Let's not forget Alex Salmond egged the Scottish Banks on in their reckless expansion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Let's not forget Alex Salmond egged the Scottish Banks on in their reckless expansion. 

Yes. Blatantly the SNP’s fault for the biggest financial collapse the world has ever seen! Along with Ebola, WW1 & the Titanic!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
2 hours ago, The Brow said:

 

That's not true is it. Plenty businesses make plenty of money. Unless you mean incentives to invest - which are different than bailouts. 

 

If your country isn't producing ships then how is shipbuilding a vital skill? Nationalised infrastructure should clearly be subsidised - unfortunately we're subsidising private businesses - which is bollocks. 

 

Perhaps you can tell me which businesses are making lots of money without being subsidised by the state.

Regarding the shipbuilding issue is it not a little fanciful to suggest that in our rapidly approaching post Brexit Nirvana we will be able to sail the seven seas to seek out trade deals that never previously existed in ships built by another nation to deliver commodities largely produced by foreign owned companies.

 

Why should Nationalised infrastructure be subsidised? Don’t you think that can be classed as handouts to the companies that use it?

Your statement: “unfortunately we're subsidising private businesses - which is bollocks.” Is that not very similar to the statement I made “There would be very few businesses left if they were not subsidised by the public purse.” which you claim is not true.  Perhaps you could explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Brow
17 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

 

Perhaps you can tell me which businesses are making lots of money without being subsidised by the state.

Regarding the shipbuilding issue is it not a little fanciful to suggest that in our rapidly approaching post Brexit Nirvana we will be able to sail the seven seas to seek out trade deals that never previously existed in ships built by another nation to deliver commodities largely produced by foreign owned companies.

 

Why should Nationalised infrastructure be subsidised? Don’t you think that can be classed as handouts to the companies that use it?

Your statement: “unfortunately we're subsidising private businesses - which is bollocks.” Is that not very similar to the statement I made “There would be very few businesses left if they were not subsidised by the public purse.” which you claim is not true.  Perhaps you could explain.

 

Bailing out shipyards is utterly pointless, its literally sinking money into nothing. I wouldnt trust the current mob to seek out any deals in this 'post-brexit nirvana' as personally, I think it will be a complete and utter shit show where the leave votes in places like rural wales will come home to roost quite stunningly. Again, giving them exactly what they voted for. 

 

National Infrastructure absolutely shouldnt be subsidised, ideally. But if you're going to subsidise anything it shouldn't be something privately owned and at least in this case you're using public money for something publicly owned. 

 

Your last point - Are we talking bailouts or are we talking incentives to invest? Because I was clearly talking about failing business, like banks, shipyards and other privately entities. This isnt to be mixed up with incentives to invest - which may mean a short term hit for longer term employment. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88
18 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

 

Whatever politics you support @Pans Jambo that new Sick Kids is shaping up to be a disaster. The new Glasgow hospital has big problems. That hospital in Ayrshire didn't have functioning CCTV for 3 years. Young people were committing suicide in the young offenders place. That mental health place in Dundee was disastrous. And there are many, many more things.

 

Scotland has it's own Parliament, yet all these issues are happening in places that are devolved policy.  

 

 

:greatpost:

 

You will likely get a fudged answer. Or it will somehow be the fault of Westminster Tories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Let's not forget Alex Salmond egged the Scottish Banks on in their reckless expansion. 

 

Ssshhh! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake

 

On 06/08/2019 at 00:39, Zlatanable said:

 

Whatever politics you support @Pans Jambo that new Sick Kids is shaping up to be a disaster. The new Glasgow hospital has big problems. That hospital in Ayrshire didn't have functioning CCTV for 3 years. Young people were committing suicide in the young offenders place. That mental health place in Dundee was disastrous. And there are many, many more things.

 

Scotland has it's own Parliament, yet all these issues are happening in places that are devolved policy.  

 

 

The sick kids had a particular problems in so much as two main contractors went out the game during its construction.

The problems are that of drainage its reported .

Not an easy fix .

The Scottish government can only award the work and entrust that work to professional construction companies.

Young people committing suicide in YOI is perhaps an area that the government can be held to account.

But that is a matter of funding as prisons all over the UK are experiencing that.

Isn't it great that we can though put pressure on Holyrood to do something about it if its devolved.

You must be excited for full independence when only Hooyrood can be accountable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
2 minutes ago, jake said:

 

The sick kids had a particular problems in so much as two main contractors went out the game during its construction.

The problems are that of drainage its reported .

Not an easy fix .

The Scottish government can only award the work and entrust that work to professional construction companies.

Young people committing suicide in YOI is perhaps an area that the government can be held to account.

But that is a matter of funding as prisons all over the UK are experiencing that.

Isn't it great that we can though put pressure on Holyrood to do something about it if its devolved.

You must be excited for full independence when only Hooyrood can be accountable.

 

Can I hold Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP Government, and Holyrood to account for anything in your opinion?

Or are they always free from all criticism, 100% of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JyTees
16 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Can I hold Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP Government, and Holyrood to account for anything in your opinion?

Or are they always free from all criticism, 100% of the time. 

 

Of course they are...now, where did I leave that Kool-aid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
6 hours ago, jake said:

 

The sick kids had a particular problems in so much as two main contractors went out the game during its construction.

The problems are that of drainage its reported .

Not an easy fix .

The Scottish government can only award the work and entrust that work to professional construction companies.

Young people committing suicide in YOI is perhaps an area that the government can be held to account.

But that is a matter of funding as prisons all over the UK are experiencing that.

Isn't it great that we can though put pressure on Holyrood to do something about it if its devolved.

You must be excited for full independence when only Hooyrood can be accountable. 

 

And agree that Holyrood would compensate them to the extent of over  a million pound a month if they cocked it up. Get real.I

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Can I hold Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP Government, and Holyrood to account for anything in your opinion?

Or are they always free from all criticism, 100% of the time. 

I'm sure you can.

I do.

It's called voting.

Edited by jake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

And agree that Holyrood would compensate them to the extent of over  a million pound a month if they cocked it up. Get real.I

 

 

How can they compensate companies that no longer exist.

When a large contractor goes out of business during a build it creates extra costs.

Because any new company taking over will not do any snagging for free.

Two main contractors went out the game during this build.

If mistakes were made that need fixed then any new company wont be made to cover those costs.

Short of stopping construction what's your next move boss?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
6 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

And agree that Holyrood would compensate them to the extent of over  a million pound a month if they cocked it up. Get real.I

 

 

Are you telling us that the Scottish govt are compensating private contractors for "cock ups"? Do you have any evidence for this? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
5 hours ago, jake said:

How can they compensate companies that no longer exist.

When a large contractor goes out of business during a build it creates extra costs.

Because any new company taking over will not do any snagging for free.

Two main contractors went out the game during this build.

If mistakes were made that need fixed then any new company wont be made to cover those costs.

Short of stopping construction what's your next move boss?

 

That's speculation on your part . Substantiate it.

 

My next step would be to support get rid of the most incompetent administration t o run Scottish affairs for decades. Pre and post devolution. Not fit for purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
34 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Are you telling us that the Scottish govt are compensating private contractors for "cock ups"? Do you have any evidence for this? 

Yes. 

 

I see the cost has risen by Ninety Million quid as outlined in an Audit Scotland report published today along with assertions that penalty clauses

were not invoked when problems arose. You can read it if you can be bothered.

 

A cock up is probably an understatement .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
56 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Yes. 

 

I see the cost has risen by Ninety Million quid as outlined in an Audit Scotland report published today along with assertions that penalty clauses

were not invoked when problems arose. You can read it if you can be bothered.

 

A cock up is probably an understatement .

Have you got a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
22 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

:greatpost:

 

You will likely get a fudged answer. Or it will somehow be the fault of Westminster Tories.

I answered it a millennium ago brown nose!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
54 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Have you got a link?

I have today's EEN .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
52 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

I have today's EEN .

Perhaps you could post the link as i cant find it in today's EEN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
8 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

That's speculation on your part . Substantiate it.

 

My next step would be to support get rid of the most incompetent administration t o run Scottish affairs for decades. Pre and post devolution. Not fit for purpose.

That's not speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
40 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I was invited to read an Audit Scotland report 

"I see the cost has risen by Ninety Million quid as outlined in an Audit Scotland report published today along with assertions that penalty clauses

were not invoked when problems arose. You can read it if you can be bothered."  not the evening news. 

Any chance on a link to that then maybe we can see if Audit Scotland say what JAG claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
10 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I was invited to read an Audit Scotland report 

"I see the cost has risen by Ninety Million quid as outlined in an Audit Scotland report published today along with assertions that penalty clauses

were not invoked when problems arose. You can read it if you can be bothered."  not the evening news. 

Any chance on a link to that then maybe we can see if Audit Scotland say what JAG claims.

Do you like NHS Lothian, I think it is them, spending 90 Million pounds extra, on a hospital for children, that isn't safe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
6 hours ago, coconut doug said:

I was invited to read an Audit Scotland report 

"I see the cost has risen by Ninety Million quid as outlined in an Audit Scotland report published today along with assertions that penalty clauses

were not invoked when problems arose. You can read it if you can be bothered."  not the evening news. 

Any chance on a link to that then maybe we can see if Audit Scotland say what JAG claims.

 

Here's another article by the BBC this time.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-49255341

 

Whatever way you look at it the Scottish Government have cost the tax payer a fortune for preventable mistakes.

 

No doubt you won't believe this article either because your beloved party cannot be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FWJ
On 06/08/2019 at 10:44, Ribble said:

 

There needs to be voter pressure for a total overhaul of the IPA to enable it to take complete control of all public sector infrastructure projects, it needs to pay comparable or higher wages than the big contractors like CBRE etc to ensure it has the right people to stop these projects being mismanaged by mid-level managers from the public sector that have no knowledge of the construction industry.

I’m a bit late joining in, but spot on.  Decent wages to get the best people back in the public sector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FWJ
On 06/08/2019 at 11:45, coconut doug said:

 

The snp did not approve the tram project. Their minority government was voted down on the issue amid allegations of prejudice. https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12779952.tram-scheme-goes-ahead-after-snp-defeat/

 

 

The SNP have not made an absolute disaster of health. In comparison to other UK countries the performance indicators remain favourable, in some cases by large margins.

 

Education outcomes are improving and in many areas at their highest ever levels.

 

We have not sacked tens of thousands of police officers and then denied that the increase in crime is not related  to their removal only to then announce a policy to reintroduce a similar number as a response to rising crime rates. In Scotland police numbers have increased slightly and crime has fallen significantly in most areas.

 

What is it that the SNP should have been doing precisely when they are campaigning for independence? I've never seen the health secretary talk about, never mind campaign for independence. She seems totally focused on her job and that maybe why there is an issue with the sick kids now. Maybe she isn't prepared to accept second best, open the hospital and hope it lasts long enough for her to move on and avoid responsibility. I'm sure you will be able to enlighten as to her shortcomings though.

 

People are not looking for excuses. Performance indicators tell us how we are doing and inform us of where we need to go. You seem to think that any minor technical difficulty, of which there are hundreds all across the country every day, can be attributed to the SNP's lack of focus because they support independence. It is this form of grievance mongering that diminishes political debate. Next thing you will be telling us that the NHS is safe in the hands of the Tories and that a No Deal Brexit with the privatisation of the NHS is no concern of the SNP governnment. You want them to get on with the day job and never mind the bigger picture.  

Or maybe not

 
Why did the government take Transport Scotland off the project?  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FWJ
On 06/08/2019 at 11:45, coconut doug said:

 

The snp did not approve the tram project. Their minority government was voted down on the issue amid allegations of prejudice. https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12779952.tram-scheme-goes-ahead-after-snp-defeat/

 

I don't think they let it go unchecked either. Without SNP government intervention i think it might still be under construction.

 

The SNP have not made an absolute disaster of health. In comparison to other UK countries the performance indicators remain favourable, in some cases by large margins.

 

Education outcomes are improving and in many areas at their highest ever levels.

 

We have not sacked tens of thousands of police officers and then denied that the increase in crime is not related  to their removal only to then announce a policy to reintroduce a similar number as a response to rising crime rates. In Scotland police numbers have increased slightly and crime has fallen significantly in most areas.

 

What is it that the SNP should have been doing precisely when they are campaigning for independence? I've never seen the health secretary talk about, never mind campaign for independence. She seems totally focused on her job and that maybe why there is an issue with the sick kids now. Maybe she isn't prepared to accept second best, open the hospital and hope it lasts long enough for her to move on and avoid responsibility. I'm sure you will be able to enlighten as to her shortcomings though.

 

People are not looking for excuses. Performance indicators tell us how we are doing and inform us of where we need to go. You seem to think that any minor technical difficulty, of which there are hundreds all across the country every day, can be attributed to the SNP's lack of focus because they support independence. It is this form of grievance mongering that diminishes political debate. Next thing you will be telling us that the NHS is safe in the hands of the Tories and that a No Deal Brexit with the privatisation of the NHS is no concern of the SNP governnment. You want them to get on with the day job and never mind the bigger picture.  

Or maybe not...

 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/traffic-and-travel/snp-hostility-to-trams-green-light-for-awkward-contractors-1-4579513/amp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...