Glastonbury 2020

ericb

8 hours ago, theshed said:

They played Isle of Wight last year and I thought they made hard work of it as they started of playing new stuff that no one was interested in. They should have started straight away with their classics. 

Also didn’t help that they headlined after Liam Gallagher has been playing oasis songs so a lot of the crowd were made of his fans who had no interest in Depeche mode.

As has been said earlier a band can’t just turn up and play for a couple of hours out the blue and they really need to be on the road to give their best performance and the problem with Depeche mode as you will know is they take a few years break between tours so when Glastonbury comes up they are probably sitting at home in America with their feet up 

Anyway after reading this thread I think I will put on the devotional tour and have a few drinks later 

Ha, had forgotten they played the Isle of Wight. Sounds like they just did the Spirit setlist.

Agree if they did Glastonbury they would have to make it more hits laden.

Never Let Me Down with the crowd would be a great Glastonbury moment though 

Having saw Weller last night, I have to promote him to a headliner, 

Has the songs and musicianship to easily do it.

On 05/07/2019 at 11:53, The Frenchman Returns said:

Pretty sure she has, think she either swore or gret 

edit - Adele announced that she would be headlining on the Pyramid Stage at the 2016 Glastonbury Festival, which was later confirmed by the festival's organisers

she swore 33 times 

Only to be beaten by Dave Grohl from The Foo Fighters the following year. 

• 2 weeks later...
Sexton Hardcastle

Just seen that Alex from Glasto released a song and it’s utterly tragic. Kids obviously made a few quid but those fellas aj tracey and Dave will be cringing at the state of it.

Be on celebrity big brother/love island within two years.