• Inch Hearts

• JamboAl

• Beast Boy

• Bridge of Djoum

Top Posters In This Topic

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He was still utter pony. 

Do you actively try to be a drain on the collective energy of this site?

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Well he will only be as good or the second best signing to Naismith if he can get in the first team otherwise two years for him to progress when not tied up longer wouldn’t be. 

Absolute nonsense. I assume you are aware that a contract is an agreement between the club and the player yeah? As much as we might have wanted to give him the lifetime contract you seem to be looking for, both parties have agreed on a two year deal. He’s at a very important stage of his development and in 2 years time will probably be at a stage where he will want and deserve a better contract.

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Absolute nonsense. I assume you are aware that a contract is an agreement between the club and the player yeah? As much as we might have wanted to give him the lifetime contract you seem to be looking for, both parties have agreed on a two year deal. He’s at a very important stage of his development and in 2 years time will probably be at a stage where he will want and deserve a better contract.

And if he’s deserving of a better contract in two years time after developing - other clubs can offer him that too. It’s good news that one of the young players have signed up but it’s hardly a fantastic five year contract that puts it on bar with the best business of the close season.  

10 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He was still utter pony. 

Oh... I didn’t think that’s what was being debated. I thought it was you stating that Levein identified him and thought he was a fantastic keeper, when in fact he was only ever a stop-gap recommended by one of our best ever keepers, before another of our best ever keepers was ready to take his place.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

And if he’s deserving of a better contract in two years time after developing - other clubs can offer him that too. It’s good news that one of the young players have signed up but it’s hardly a fantastic five year contract that puts it on bar with the best business of the close season.  

Can't give a 17 year old a 5 year contract. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Pleasing to see you are having an absolute nightmare on this thread. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh... I didn’t think that’s what was being debated. I thought it was you stating that Levein identified him and thought he was a fantastic keeper, when in fact he was only ever a stop-gap recommended by one of our best ever keepers, before another of our best ever keepers was ready to take his place.

It was more than a season stop gap though. Gordon came in because the number one brought in ended up being shit. 

Inch Hearts
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Pleasing to see you are having an absolute nightmare on this thread. 

Who are you again? 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Can't give a 17 year old a 5 year contract. 

So it’s not really the second best news of the transfer window then in that case.  Good news none the less though. 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

It was more than a season stop gap though. Gordon came in because the number one brought in ended up being shit. 

What? ?

You think Levein didn’t recognise Gordon’s ability, and only played him because Tepi wasn’t that good? Is that what you are saying?

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What? ?

You think Levein didn’t recognise Gordon’s ability, and only played him because Tepi wasn’t that good? Is that what you are saying?

No I’m saying that Gordon had to wait over a year after Neimi left to get his chance as number 1.  Hardly a stop gap. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Great news.

I suspected this when we learned Zlamal and Doyle were going to be retained. This boy knows his best chance of getting in a first team is Hearts, this season.

Could be waiting years for a chance at Watford or Celtic. 

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Who are you again? 

Haha. 

Haha

haha

The boy who turns every thread the same way every time.

You’re zero, chief. Nothing interesting, original or factual.

Haha

Haha

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Haha. 

Haha

haha

The boy who turns every thread the same way every time.

You’re zero, chief. Nothing interesting, original or factual.

Haha

Haha

Yet here you are replying to me.  Strange behaviour.  

StevenNaismith
23 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

If you had asked me about him last week I’d have told you he was on the verge of signing for Celtic. We’ve done fantastic by persuading him to stay. 

Reading the the rest of this thread, it looks like you’re out for arguments so this will be my last reply to you. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

If you had asked me about him last week I’d have told you he was on the verge of signing for Celtic. We’ve done fantastic by persuading him to stay. 

Reading the the rest of this thread, it looks like you’re out for arguments so this will be my last reply to you. 

Judging by his instagram it doesn't seem to have been in doubt... Simply a case of waiting for him to leave school at Heriots.

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yet here you are replying to me.  Strange behaviour.  

The word you are looking for is “ridiculing”.

Footballfirst

Anyone know if Kelby Mason has been given a contract extension? My last recollection was that he out of contact at the end of last season.I believe that Kevin Silva has another year's contract.

Although Harry has now signed full time, do we need five full time keepers to cover the first team, reserves and colts sides?  While Harry could still play for the U18s, Hearts also have Harris Spratt available as an U17.  

Edited by Footballfirst

JamboBornNBred
17 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

That is the only reason he is on this forum.Likes the sound of his own voice and wants to argue with all.

StevenNaismith
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Anyone know if Kelby Mason has been given a contract extension? My last recollection was that he out of contact at the end of last season.I believe that Kevin Silva has another year's contract.

Although Harry has now signed full time, do we need five full time keepers to cover the first team, reserves and colts sides?  While Harry could still play for the U18s, Hearts also have Harris Spratt available as an U17.  

As far as I know he was being released although I don’t recall seeing anything official. I was really surprised when he got his last contract and he hasn’t really kicked on.

Bridge of Djoum

Complaining that a kid didn’t get a 5 year contract... when giving him a 5 year contract isn’t permissible due to age... 

i think thats my fave post so far.

The boy seems a real talent and was scouted by other clubs. I hope he has the attitude to kick on and become a future number one for years to come. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

As far as I know he was being released although I don’t recall seeing anything official. I was really surprised when he got his last contract and he hasn’t really kicked on.

The club isn't great when it comes to announcing the departure of young players, even those on full time contracts, e.g Marc Leonard, Josh Grigor, and Dino Leddie, although they did announce Bartlomiej Gajda leaving. 

He's been given a 2 year deal and more importantly accepted it to see if he gets the chance to be at least number 2 keeper next season (20/21)

There are a number of clubs interested but he has decided to take his chance with us and develop this season, challenge next and then see if he has he the ability to be our number one keeper.

If he feels that is not forthcoming he can still leave at a young age and will hope the interest is still there

Well what a surprise. Good news about a promising young player being given a Professional  Contract and we get one of the usual suspects trying to rain on the parade.

jamboinglasgow
42 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The club isn't great when it comes to announcing the departure of young players, even those on full time contracts, e.g Marc Leonard, Josh Grigor, and Dino Leddie, although they did announce Bartlomiej Gajda leaving. 

They did announce Dino Leddie leaving on the same article they announced Petkov getting a new contract a few months back.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Do you actively try to be a drain on the collective energy of this site?

Not sure how he has been outed. Im sure i seen his ex mrs out him on twitter for being a hibs fan....

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They did announce Dino Leddie leaving on the same article they announced Petkov getting a new contract a few months back.

Thanks. I missed that one.

Finlay James
14 minutes ago, neilr61 said:

Not sure how he has been outed. Im sure i seen his ex mrs out him on twitter for being a hibs fan....

Hes certainly not Hearts, that's for sure

Inch Hearts
24 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

Do you ever post anything positive

I’m positive I have on the match thread.  Sorry my realism is others negativity. 

6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I’m positive I have on the match thread.  Sorry my realism is others negativity. 

Exchanging pleasantries with another well-known critic.

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Exchanging pleasantries with another well-known critic.

You’re taking this place and posters far too seriously.  Check my first post on the thread Mrs Marple instead of stalking posters. 

13 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You’re taking this place and posters far too seriously.  Check my first post on the thread Mrs Marple instead of stalking posters. 

Even the stupidest of idiots would know when to "play the game".

Do you mean MISS Marple?

Can't even get your attempted comedy right!

Edited by JamboAl

38 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

4 league titles in 130 years is realism

What are your expectations? 

Inch Hearts
21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Even the stupidest of idiots would know when to "play the game".

Do you mean MISS Marple?

Can't even get your attempted comedy right!

**** off Al. 

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

4 league titles in 130 years is realism

What are your expectations? 

I don’t think a 2 year deal for a young goalie isn’t the second best bit of business the club has made this pre-season ffs.  That’s all.  In fact it’s a ludicrous statement. 

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I don’t think a 2 year deal for a young goalie isn’t the second best bit of business the club has made this pre-season ffs.  That’s all.  In fact it’s a ludicrous statement. 

If you see Harry Stone play, you will understand why he said that.  Hearts have done extremely well to tie down such a sought after player.  He had his pick of some top clubs but chose to stay with us.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Craig played twice the season Neimi left to Southampton, he then started as number 2 the following season.  That’s some amount of time for others like Roddy McKenzie to be keeping the gloves warm. 

Moilanen was not signed to be No. 1 FFS. Everyone in the club knew Gordon was about to break through.

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

If you see Harry Stone play, you will understand why he said that.  Hearts have done extremely well to tie down such a sought after player.  He had his pick of some top clubs but chose to stay with us.

No, I agree with that mate and I can see why it’s fantastic news the boy is here another couple of years but until he is tied up long term then it can only be held in the same bracket as being better than Washington or Haulket being signed to play for the first team. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Moilanen was not signed to be No. 1 FFS. Everyone in the club knew Gordon was about to break through.

Yet he never at the start of the season or didn’t after Neimi left? Everyone knew about Craig yes I agree.  Gordon got brought in sooner because Tepi was rank, especially in a derby game. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yet he never at the start of the season or didn’t after Neimi left? Everyone knew about Craig yes I agree.  Gordon got brought in sooner because Tepi was rank, especially in a derby game. 

So Levein can spot a goalie or what are you trying to argue now exactly. How was Moilenan rank? His clean sheet record and general win record for us is good. Perfect acceptable for an interim goalie sandwiched between two of our greatest keepers, and we finished 3rd both seasons he played the most games for us with a very decent goals against both times, only conceding fewer than the OF. A strange goalie for you to pick on.

Edited by ToqueJambo

30 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

**** off Al. 

Hee hee hee hee.

An absolutely class response from IH.  Tail between the legs.

PS -  WTF has Tepi got to do with Harry Stone?  Rejoice in an apparently brilliant signing.

5 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Judging by his instagram it doesn't seem to have been in doubt... Simply a case of waiting for him to leave school at Heriots.

Was it not Stu Mel? Can't remember which but I understand him and his family have there heads screwed on. From staying on at school to complete his exams through to some advice I gather they sought.

I think this lad will adapt to being a professional pretty well and all the best to him.

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

He wasn't ,  you're spouting vile p!sh, do you expect as a bully to spout your p!sh without being pulled up? That's what it seems like to me, empty box!!

Footballfirst
44 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

@Footballfirst

Thoughts on Harry Stone? Know you are the most informed regarding the youth sides.

I've said before that he is the best goalkeeping prospect I've seen since Craig Gordon came through.

Tall, slim, great with cross balls and a good shot stopper. He has all the attributes, but its very early days.

Jack Hamilton had the same potential at 15/16/17 but it didn't work out for him.  Let's hope that Harry can "make it" and benefit both himself and the club in the longer term.

Edited by Footballfirst