Ron McNeill club photographer

Tams bird

John Findlay

Very sad news indeed. Ron had the misfortune to have taken my photo more than once. My condolences to all his family and friends  RIP Ron.

RIP Ron.

Well liked by players past & present. 

Quite a few ex players retweeted the story on Twitter.so far Ross callachan,Cole Stockton & Danny grainger have passed on their condolences. 

Ron was the loveliest of men.  I got to know him a few years back when I started to help Hearts at their kids club   ..... I was chatting to him quite recently at the sponsors night and he was telling me of all the players who would frequently text him after the game “did you get any good photos of me Ron?  can you send me some? ” ... Uche more frequently than others and not so long ago Ron did a photo shoot for him at Uche’s request!! 

I have a heavy heart tonight ....   He will be missed by many :( 

RiP fine man 

queensferryjambo

Ron was a great guy, always friendly and his enthusiasm was infectious. He went out of his way years ago helping me get pictures of my kids when they were mascots at Tynecastle. Last time I spoke to him was the sponsors night in the Gorgie Suite and he was on fine form. So sad to hear this news.

Ron will be sadly missed :( 

Met Ron many years ago through his son Grant . Devout Jambo , lovely lovely guy . 

Sadly missed . Rest in Peace Ron x 

Sad news. Like many others, I've a few photos in my collection taken by Ron - an absolute gent.

RIP and condolences to family and friends.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 hours ago, Meadows said:

Met Ron many years ago through his son Grant . Devout Jambo , lovely lovely guy . 

Sadly missed . Rest in Peace Ron x 

Grant also lives down here in Jersey, a good chap. Very sad news for him and family

Terrible news, seen him many a time grabbing the players to get a photo alongside the kids/mascots, you could see it made thier day, RIP Ron.

Still so hard to comprehend the loss off Ronnie as we first knew him nearly 50 years ago, we met through the original renovation of East Fortune Race Circuit where Ronnie went on to become Chief sector marshal and that love of motorsport and football went on to form a life long friendship in both our families. As others have posted many times he was simply the best friend through times of happiness and also sadness. The heartbreak his family must be feeling is devastating and our thoughts go out to Janice, Ronnie`s children and their families also. Rest In Peace Ronnie, till we meet again. Love Stellstar Xx

19 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Grant also lives down here in Jersey, a good chap. Very sad news for him and family

Please tell Grant that Callum Anderson sends heartfelt condolences and absolute best wishes, unfortunately I’m in China and regrettably won’t be home in time to pay my respects at the funeral. 

Absolutely gutted to hear this. Met Ron a few times over the years. Superb photographer and just a lovely, lovely man. He will be very sadly missed. ?

10 hours ago, Meadows said:

Please tell Grant that Callum Anderson sends heartfelt condolences and absolute best wishes, unfortunately I’m in China and regrettably won’t be home in time to pay my respects at the funeral. 

Sure myself, Mike an Mr B will do that for you

Not much more I can add but ive only known Ron since joining Hospitality and what a guy he was. Like us all he was Hearts daft, nothing ever a problem.

Will miss you on match day Ron, RIP.

What a turn out today for Ron. Standing room only.Scott Wilson done a brilliant speech. Never knew Ron worked on James Bond Aston Martin. He will be hard to replace. Sleep tight pal. X