• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Mikey1874

• Locky

• busby1985

I think he will give it one more season up here.Probably feels this Celtic side under Lennon are nowhere near as good.

CloustonHMFC

Although I’ve also just read that Derby are prepared to offer him an £8mil bonus if he gets them promotion next season, maybe he could be tempted if that’s true. 

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Wonder how many Sevconians he would take with him.

He will piss off when the penny finally drops that King is a far bigger criminal than any of his opposite in Liverpool.

Stephen Muddie

This would be wonderful. Plunge TRFC and AFC into turmoil in one fell swoop. Then the inevitable TRFC-DCFC and AFC-TRFC follower-signings.

This possibility makes me glow very warmly. Not quite smugness, more like arousal. Hot flushes one could call it.

Stephen Muddie
Just now, soonbe110 said:

None I’d think. 

Hmmm, not sure. Think he'd take a couple, but probably not the mad Colombian or Arfield.

NaturalOrder74
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

More likely he will be at St James Park. Ashley likes the cheap option. Fast track to EPL for Gerrard. 

Don't think its Ashley in charge at Newcastle anymore, so they can probably afford someone half decent

Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

Don't think its Ashley in charge at Newcastle anymore, so they can probably afford someone half decent

It is Ashley. And screwing Rangers is right up his street. That’s why I’m pretty confident he will try to get Gerrard. Cheaper than a big name, but a big name as a player with great network, and leaves a huge hole at Ibrox. Gerrard would be mad not to take it if offered. He will get sacked at Ibrox within the next 12 months. 

There will be so much hysteria around the 9 in a row stuff,  I'm not sure he will want that against his name if he failed and will think back out now and let someone else carry the can. Could be wrong and I will admire him if he takes on the whole stopping Celtic thing as it will become toxic for sure.

Good chance for him to prove he can do it down south. A few good seasons at Derby then a move to liverpool would be on the cards.

A_A wehatethehibs

They swoop for every Hearts player, surely Rangers will be in for Levein? Their scout network doesn’t stretch beyond Hearts 

This is one of the plus points of the Scottish media bumming up everything Rangers do and by default everything that Gerrard did last year.

They had their worst start in the top league in 30 years. They didn’t beat a top 6 team other than us until around March and they did **** all in the cups.

That being said I think he’d build on that this season and improve - he also has great contacts. So on balance I’d rather he left and created a bit of disturbance.

I can’t see who they could afford that would improve them?

Edited by Jammy T

Was there not some chat of Gerrard putting some money into the Rangers? If there's anything in that (which i'm sceptical there is tbh) then he may be more tied to them

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

They swoop for every Hearts player, surely Rangers will be in for Levein? Their scout network doesn’t stretch beyond Hearts 

???

What Hearts players would get in that Rangers team only soapy for me so  this swoop is a figment of someones imagination.

For some reason I don’t think Gerrard has been particularly happy at Rangers for quite some time and would jump at the chance to get out of Glasgow.

Rangers will be delighted, compensation for Gerrard will be more than any of the playing staff are worth.

11 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

What Hearts players would get in that Rangers team only soapy for me so  this swoop is a figment of someones imagination.

Don't understand your logic.

What has Hearts players getting in to a Rangers team got to do with Gerrard possibly leaving ?

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, GYL said:

Doubt it, poisoned chalice that gig. Think he will stay at least one more season.

It’s not really when their current manager is off to Chelsea.  David Moyes to the huns. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Inch Hearts
17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

For some reason I don’t think Gerrard has been particularly happy at Rangers for quite some time and would jump at the chance to get out of Glasgow.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they are drumming up the media interest in that story.  

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

It’s not really when their current manager is off to Chelsea.  David Moyes to the huns. 

An ex Celtic player?

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:glorious:

They’ll be feckin spewing. Leaving for a Championship gig. :rofl:

This. Splendid!

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

An ex Celtic player?

Exactly.  There’s not a chance in Hell that Moyes will be at Ibrox.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

More likely he will be at St James Park. Ashley likes the cheap option. Fast track to EPL for Gerrard. 

Easier to do the Rubik cube with boxing gloves on and hands tied behind your back than managing Newcastle under Ashley.

No way he'd risk damaging his career at this stage with a job like that.

55 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

There will be so much hysteria around the 9 in a row stuff,  I'm not sure he will want that against his name if he failed and will think back out now and let someone else carry the can. Could be wrong and I will admire him if he takes on the whole stopping Celtic thing as it will become toxic for sure.

Will prospective employers or the general populace in England care? Most seem to view Scottish football as a joke, anyway. 

It's often difficult to argue otherwise. 

More likely to end up at Newcastle than derby. Would prob need a premier league job before taking over at Liverpool once Klopp moves on

He turned down the job last week said he wants to finish next season sa champions stopping celtic dominance in scotland

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I doubt Mcinnes will ever be Rangers manager 

Absolutely. They won’t take the risk he would turn them down again.

Bazzas right boot

If he goes to them it would be ****ing hilarious.

Imagine the seethe.

28 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Absolutely. They won’t take the risk he would turn them down again.

I don't think it would be too difficult for him to indicate he wanted it. Seems unlikely when King is there, though.