Favourite Jamie Walker Moment

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

? did the one thing that annoys me on here, I didn't answer the OP!

The goal against Rangers when we pumped them, even more so because I was watching it in Glasgow. 

He is so frustrating because he has talent!!

Bar the Cathro months I thought he was pretty much our standout player.

I'm over the exit. Dodgy knees bothers me far more. 

We haven't had too many who can ghost by a player. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he can stay injury free he would be a good player for us.

The past is the past let it go.

He was a young foolish lad who got his head turned. 

If he is to come back I'll support him like I support any player to wear the maroon.

Favourite moment - scored many beautiful goals but winning and scoring the pen v rangers at Tynie, setting us well on the way to the league win ! 

1 hour ago, Plato said:

Some of the bile recorded here about a great Hearts player is absolutely ridiculous, if I was  JW  I would I would not want to play for Hearts, their support have selective memories.

Walker was decent at times but he was never near being a great Hearts player. 

38 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

A bit of hive mentality going on here I think. The perception of JW as a snake and central to our poor attacking performances during Cathro/early Levein period was pretty common. JW took a lot of the flack because he was clearly one of our top players, and wanted to leave the club.

Are the critics forgetting that among our most successful, and most loved players, also 'downed tools'? Skacel did this in his first season. Shame we allowed him the honour of playing in maroon for a second spell.

Are people forgetting that stuff goes on behind the scenes that fans cannot understand? Hartley submitted a transfer request, clearly wanting to force through a move to celtic. The request was rejected as the club saw fit, life went on, Hartley eventually got his move (a fair price) yet remains a hero.

It's a funny debate as it probably has very little to do with the likelihood of JW being a valuable addition to our squad, which is clearly the important issue here. All things considered, if JW returns and contributes as much as he did over his first spell, the naysayers will be cheering just as loudly as everyone else - regardless of any phm, im a better fan than you, posturing.

Think you've got to take the different situations the players are/were in at the time.

I don't recall Skacel downing tools after his first year here. In fact, if it wasn't for his goal in the Cup Final and penalty in the shootout we wouldn't have beaten Gretna. He was on loan from Marseille I think and they wanted £600k for him which Vlad paid knowing he could sell him on for more without kicking another ball for us. He ended up at Sunderland for a lot more than the £600k Vlad shelled out for him. 

Hartley did submit a transfer request because of the nonsense going on with Vlad at the time but he was told no and stayed professional, didn't down tools and proved his worth before eventually earning his move to Celtic.

42 minutes ago, grumpy rebus said:

This is exactly where I am. He’s obviously talented, so when fit and motivated he would be a big plus to the team. But, and it’s a huge but, will we see that Jamie Walker again or will it be the injured/unfit/can’t be arsed version? 

As for leaving under a cloud, Webster did it (perhaps worse) and Ryan Stevenson did it, but both came back and proved to be good players for us. 

Webster was told he wasn't getting to play in games anymore, Vlad wanted him out so as above...a different scenario again.

As for Stevenson....didn't he leave because he couldn't afford not to get paid? Some stayed in the hope they would, some left and Ian Black did painting and decorating. All different scenarios. Walker, a Hearts "fan" downed tools and sulked when he didn't get is move, the complete opposite of Hartley. Hartley, a non-Hearts supporting player.

Edited by jambonian

gashauskis9
54 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What did Milinkovic do specifically Walker didn't out of curiosity?

Ran himself into the ground and done what he was paid to do - entertain.  Turned up in the big games, not just when he fancied putting himself in the shop window.  Whenever he was out of favour, he knuckled down and won his place back.  Add to that, his professionalism and the way he looked after himself off the park.

I’ll take some convincing to change my opinion of Walker.  Had it on a plate here to succeed, the fans loved him and he obviously has strong family links to the club. I’ve never seen a player have the ability to switch his game off and on the way he did, and I don’t like it. 

3 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

If he comes back and starts scoring again people will forget quickly. 

Absolutely, and rightly so. Personally I’m just pretty much resigned to this happening now. I hope this thread gets bumped at the same time next year, with us all arguing over five or six pivotal performances in derbies or games v Celtic and Rangers. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Ran himself into the ground and done what he was paid to do - entertain.  Turned up in the big games, not just when he fancied putting himself in the shop window.  Whenever he was out of favour, he knuckled down and won his place back.  Add to that, his professionalism and the way he looked after himself off the park.

I’ll take some convincing to change my opinion of Walker.  Had it on a plate here to succeed, the fans loved him and he obviously has strong family links to the club. I’ve never seen a player have the ability to switch his game off and on the way he did, and I don’t like it. 

What,  like the time he left the stadium after being left out, failing to take instructions. Rose tinted for one and not the other. 

Walker never really fell out of favour all the same, because he did turn up more often than not.

The popular theme is not really true. The appointment of Cathro rather rewrote Walker's epitaph. Kitchen and Johnson both thrived since. Things were going wrong all over. Walker and Nicholson were the two who had burdened administration and suffered most for the recession post Neilson. 

But any manipulation of a situation that involves departure will always colour judgement 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Absolutely, and rightly so. Personally I’m just pretty much resigned to this happening now. I hope this thread gets bumped at the same time next year, with us all arguing over five or six pivotal performances in derbies or games v Celtic and Rangers. 

I think he will be a squad player this time. Handy substitute 

Cruyff Turn

As a player I’ve always liked Walker, I think he has exceptional talent and is a great finisher.

However his attitude towards us when he was tapped up by der Hun part II was disgusting. He completely downed tools and treated us with contempt. I’ll never forget his last performance v Hibs, it was beyond disgraceful, appalling.

He has a lot of making up to do but I think he should be given that opportunity because he has great ability and can become a hero again.

His performances v Killie and Sevco before he was tapped up were phenomenal, he was unplayable. Jamie Walker at his very best would be an asset. 

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

No player in our current squad could copy either of these goals. But nah, lets not bring him back ?

Naismith.

So Levein doesn't do second chances, yet Walker is supposed to coming back after knocking back the chance to be our highest paid player?

My favourite moment is the knee surgery part.

Remember when everyone said his knees were ****ed?

1 8/4/18 H Wigan Athletic (18.) Sheffield Wednesday Sheff Wed  (12.) 3:2 Not in squad
2 8/11/18 A Wigan Athletic (4.) Aston Villa Aston Villa  (2.) 3:2 on the bench
3 8/18/18 H Wigan Athletic (9.) Nottingham Forest Nottm Forest  (7.) 2:2 Not in squad
4 8/22/18 A Wigan Athletic (12.) Stoke City Stoke City  (17.) 0:3 Not in squad
5 8/25/18 A Wigan Athletic (8.) Queens Park Rangers QPR  (23.) 1:0 Not in squad
27 1/12/19 H Wigan Athletic (20.) Aston Villa Aston Villa  (9.) 3:0  Knee Surgery
28 1/19/19 A Wigan Athletic (19.) Sheffield Wednesday Sheff Wed  (15.) 1:0  Knee Surgery
29 1/26/19 A Wigan Athletic (20.) Nottingham Forest Nottm Forest  (11.) 3:1  Knee Surgery
30 2/2/19 H Wigan Athletic (20.) Queens Park Rangers QPR  (13.) 2:1  Knee Surgery
31 2/9/19 A Wigan Athletic (20.) Rotherham United Rotherham  (21.) 1:1  Knee Surgery
32 2/13/19 H Wigan Athletic (20.) Stoke City Stoke City  (16.) 0:0  Knee Surgery
34 2/23/19 H Wigan Athletic (20.) Ipswich Town Ipswich  (24.) 1:1  Knee Surgery
35 3/2/19 H Wigan Athletic (19.) Middlesbrough FC Middlesbrough  (5.) 0:0  Knee Surgery
33 3/5/19 A Wigan Athletic (20.) Derby County Derby  (7.) 2:1  Knee Surgery
36 3/9/19 A Wigan Athletic (19.) Reading FC Reading  (21.) 3:2  Knee Surgery
37 3/12/19 A Wigan Athletic (20.) Blackburn Rovers Blackburn  (16.) 3:0  Knee Surgery
38 3/16/19 H Wigan Athletic (21.) Bolton Wanderers Bolton  (23.) 5:2  Knee Surgery
39 3/30/19 H Wigan Athletic (19.) Brentford FC Brentford  (14.) 0:0  Knee Surgery
40 4/6/19 A Wigan Athletic (20.) Bristol City Bristol City  (5.) 2:2  Knee Surgery
41 4/10/19 A Wigan Athletic (19.) Hull City Hull City  (11.) 2:1  Knee Surgery
42 4/14/19 H Wigan Athletic (21.) Norwich City Norwich  (1.) 1:1  Knee Surgery
43 4/19/19 A Wigan Athletic (21.) Leeds United Leeds  (2.) 1:2  Knee Surgery
44 4/22/19 H Wigan Athletic (20.) Preston North End Preston NE  (9.) 2:0  Knee Surgery
45 4/27/19 A Wigan Athletic (18.) Birmingham City Birmingham  (17.) 1:1  Knee Surgery
46 5/5/19 H Wigan Athletic (18.) Millwall FC Millwall  (21.) 1:0  Knee Surgery

Footballfirst

His hat-trick for Hearts U19s v Motherwell at Tynecastle in 2012, shortly after Fedetovas announced that the club might fold.  The game was switched from Newtongrange because Hearts couldn't afford to pay for the use of the pitch.  Hearts came back from 0-2 down to win 4-2.

His first goal was a raker from 25 yards following a 20+ passing move involving 10 out the eleven players.  His third was also a sweet left footed strike from the edge of the box. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

His hat-trick for Hearts U19s v Motherwell at Tynecastle in 2012, shortly after Fedetovas announced that the club might fold.  The game was switched from Newtongrange because Hearts couldn't afford to pay for the use of the pitch.  Hearts came back from 0-2 down to win 4-2.

His first goal was a raker from 25 yards following a 20+ passing move involving ten out the eleven players.  His third was also a sweet left footed strike from the edge of the box. 

maroonshrew

I get the desire for a player LIKE Walker but I don't see the obsession with bringing back the actual player. There are lots of players LIKE Walker in the Championship and League One or wherever else in Europe. We have a good scouting network, let's go find one who is buzzing to play for Hearts. 

doctor jambo
2 hours ago, Dayman said:

No player in our current squad could copy either of these goals. But nah, lets not bring him back ?

Think both those moments were during GOT series 3.

Thats how long ago.

doctor jambo
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Would look forward to another Walker signing.

Possibly.

White walker?

Captain America

I forgave Webster, I forgave Stevenson, I hated Neil McCann for years because ( incorrectly as I have since been informed) I thought that he manufactured his move to Rangers and forgave him when he came back.

I know it is not popular on here to say but I would like Walker back. I think we lack someone with his creativity in the squad at the minute. 

Walker in the 4-1 win over Rangers was outstanding and I hope we get same player back.

maroonshrew
15 minutes ago, Captain America said:

I forgave Webster, I forgave Stevenson, I hated Neil McCann for years because ( incorrectly as I have since been informed) I thought that he manufactured his move to Rangers and forgave him when he came back.

I know it is not popular on here to say but I would like Walker back. I think we lack someone with his creativity in the squad at the minute. 

Walker in the 4-1 win over Rangers was outstanding and I hope we get same player back.

im not convinced the same player exists. 

Captain America
Just now, maroonshrew said:

im not convinced the same player exists. 

Time will tell I guess.

A concern I do have is if there a sizable amount of the support who are against him signing then I don't know if he is the type that will have the mental strength to show them he deserves to be playing for Hearts however if he hits the ground running and gets the full support behind him, he would be great assets as I think he is definitely a confidence player.

maroonshrew
1 minute ago, Captain America said:

Time will tell I guess.

A concern I do have is if there a sizable amount of the support who are against him signing then I don't know if he is the type that will have the mental strength to show them he deserves to be playing for Hearts however if he hits the ground running and gets the full support behind him, he would be great assets as I think he is definitely a confidence player.

Yea negativity is not going to encourage him to sign/perform but my worry is physically as well. He also doesn't seem to have grown up as much as he should. Tantrums, impetuous behaviour while he has been away. Then you start to question if he's been unlucky with injury or it's like Bullard was 'unlucky with injury' and more to do with extra curriculars. 

Like other posters it would be the great performance against Rangers at Tynecastle but that was a complete outlier when viewed against his form in other big games. 

The 2 big worries are he has never been the most mentally strong individual and he is going to be under severe pressure from the outset and his fitness obviously. 

A_A wehatethehibs

A few too many emotional snowflakes when it comes to bringing Walker and Lafferty back. Folk get so riled up about it. 

Take the emotion out of the equation and look at the facts, if we swap out Vanacek and Wighton for Lafferty and Walker respectively, we’ve strengthened. Worst case scenario, they’ll still do better than Wighton and Vanacek, all they’d need to do is score 1 goal. Best case, Lafferty bags 20 again and Walker bags 15 again. That’d be us adding 35 goals to our total of 42 this season. 

We need to add players with an eye for goal so we are not relying solely on Naismith. A lot of folk cannot see how difficult it is to find that quality at this level, thinking there’s dozens of players out there we can sign who will deliver the goals. It is a very rare quality.

Walker definitely worth a roll of the dice, get him fit and he can be a force again.

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Image result for jamie walker hearts

This all too common pose when he downed tools like a wee bairn and didn't give a **** about the club.

If he wanted to go to the huns that’s just something you need to accept but he could not give a **** about playing for us after his head was turned, his performances became pathetic.  You could almost predict to the minute when he was going to go down holding his leg when he just didn’t fancy it. 

Combine his attitude with him barely kicking a ball since he left and I don’t know why he’s anywhere near our plans.  We’ve had enough problems with injuries without signing him as well.  If it was any other random player who struggled to get in a Wigan and Peterborough team then folk would be going ballistic :laugh: 

Scored early doors at Parkhead, tried the grass knee slide celebration, made a ***** of it and went flat on his puss. Can't be far off his last goal for us? 

TyphoonJambo
58 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A few too many emotional snowflakes when it comes to bringing Walker and Lafferty back. Folk get so riled up about it. 

Take the emotion out of the equation and look at the facts, if we swap out Vanacek and Wighton for Lafferty and Walker respectively, we’ve strengthened. Worst case scenario, they’ll still do better than Wighton and Vanacek, all they’d need to do is score 1 goal. Best case, Lafferty bags 20 again and Walker bags 15 again. That’d be us adding 35 goals to our total of 42 this season. 

We need to add players with an eye for goal so we are not relying solely on Naismith. A lot of folk cannot see how difficult it is to find that quality at this level, thinking there’s dozens of players out there we can sign who will deliver the goals. It is a very rare quality.

Walker definitely worth a roll of the dice, get him fit and he can be a force again.

100%, whats to lose? Be clever with the contracts and you have two guys dying to prove themselves and ram it up the blue nosed bigots, winner winner chicken dinner.

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You're only using one side of the argument. You cannot just ignore the very valid point that he ****** us around. Yes we need a motivated JW, no we do not need the little **** that downed tools last time. 

I blame the agent more more than the player to be honest. I’m not an expert on anything going on behind the scenes and neither is anyone on this except for one or two people, but that’s my opinion on it. I think if he was to come back he’d know he has a lot to make up for to the club though. He’s an Edinburgh boy so it’s not like he doesn’t know the opinion of him people have. 

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Think both those moments were during GOT series 3.

Thats how long ago.

? Fair enough. That’s about 297 hours of TV ago! Still only 26/27 I think though? He has a while ahead of him as long as his knees are OK. 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Naismith.

While obviously Naismith is a much better player, I can’t see him scoring either of these. Did he score from outside the box for us? Did he score from a driving run? I can’t remember him doing so but correct me if I’m wrong! 

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

First name on team sheet if fit,

:rofl:

Favourite Walker moment, his equaliser against partick thistle on the Friday night game early on in the relegation season just after going behind. Absolute carnage in a proper hearts support. With exception to the lower tier at Easter road, you don’t really see the same chaos from the hearts away support when we score. 

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Couple of cracking strikes in there. I was amazed he tackled a Rangers player of course 

?

5 hours ago, Dayman said:

Exactly. A fit and motivated Walker would start for any team in this league. I certainly wouldn't want him lining up against us put it that way.

He went through a low period before leaving but people are kidding themselves if they don't think he was one of our best players and if he returned all would be forgotten/forgiven by most as soon as he found the back of the net IMO

1 hour ago, RS86 said:

Exactly. A fit and motivated Walker would start for any team in this league. I certainly wouldn't want him lining up against us put it that way.

He went through a low period before leaving but people are kidding themselves if they don't think he was one of our best players and if he returned all would be forgotten/forgiven by most as soon as he found the back of the net IMO

90-95% of his time at hearts was positive. 6 months of 7 years at the club we’re bad.

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Fantastic comment ,,,,,,,,

Folk really are over egging how much Jamie downed tools.

We’re an awful precious bunch!

He was a good player and much of his lack of performance in latter part of his last season was caused by the Cathro effect.

Edited by The Merse

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, Plato said:

Some of the bile recorded here about a great Hearts player is absolutely ridiculous, if I was  JW  I would I would not want to play for Hearts, their support have selective memories.

He's been there, done that and bought the red, white and blue t-shirt, all while under contract at Hearts ? 

If he wasn’t an ex hearts player and had the career he did up here then went down south I can guarantee there would be posters on here calling Levein for everything for not trying to sign him, ffs there was people suggesting Cummings at one stage! 

If he signs which I think he will then let’s just hope he realises what an arse he made of himself gets his head down and proves the doubters wrong!

Ernie Eskilsson
7 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Was a part of our first team set up for 5 years and I reckon he only played to his potential in 10-15 games.

If he comes back, he gets my full support, but I’ll treat it like a new signing rather than the return of a great ex-player because, to be fair, I didn’t rate him that highly before.  

Milinkovic done more in one season than Walker did in his entire career, so I know where I’d be leaning if we had an opportunity to sign either of them.

What a load of crap. Walker (155 games, 37 goals) may have been an arse in his final season but he was one of our better players for years. Skinny (26 games, 6 goals) on the other hand played less than 5 decent games. 

2 hours ago, Dayman said:

I blame the agent more more than the player to be honest. I’m not an expert on anything going on behind the scenes and neither is anyone on this except for one or two people, but that’s my opinion on it. I think if he was to come back he’d know he has a lot to make up for to the club though. He’s an Edinburgh boy so it’s not like he doesn’t know the opinion of him people have. 

? Fair enough. That’s about 297 hours of TV ago! Still only 26/27 I think though? He has a while ahead of him as long as his knees are OK. 

While obviously Naismith is a much better player, I can’t see him scoring either of these. Did he score from outside the box for us? Did he score from a driving run? I can’t remember him doing so but correct me if I’m wrong! 

You said no other player could copy those goals. It's not Naismith's style but I'm fairly certain he's capable of it. I actually don't think Walker is capable of it anymore either, let alone whether it's still his style of play.

As for the 2nd goal shown, it's from the same year Steven Naismith scored a hat trick against Chelsea... incidentally including one from outside the box.

Салатные палочки

Probably the goal at Firhill in the relegation season. 

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You said no other player could copy those goals. It's not Naismith's style but I'm fairly certain he's capable of it. I actually don't think Walker is capable of it anymore either, let alone whether it's still his style of play.

As for the 2nd goal shown, it's from the same year Steven Naismith scored a hat trick against Chelsea... incidentally including one from outside the box.

Second paragraph is irrelevant. 

Your first point- I hope any professional player could score either of those goals as I know I could if I had a few chances at it. You’ve confirmed yourself that Naismith won’t as it’s not his style though. That proves my point. 

Just now, Dayman said:

Second paragraph is irrelevant. 

Your first point- I hope any professional player could score either of those goals as I know I could if I had a few chances at it. You’ve confirmed yourself that Naismith won’t as it’s not his style though. That proves my point. 

It's not relevant despite his scoring a goal from outside the box after picking the ball up and running towards the box in the way Walker did in the two clips posted in the same year as one of them? Aye, okay then.

I don't know what your point is anymore. It started as none of our current players could score a goal like that. You've been told one who could and has yet your point has been proven?

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

It's not relevant despite his scoring a goal from outside the box after picking the ball up and running towards the box in the way Walker did in the two clips posted in the same year as one of them? Aye, okay then.

I don't know what your point is anymore. It started as none of our current players could score a goal like that. You've been told one who could and has yet your point has been proven?

Any football player in the world COULD score goals like that. None of our current players WILL though. We don’t have anyone in the Jamie Walker mould. No driving, forward thinking attackers or wingers. No one willing to shoot from distance. If we could get him back to form he’d be the second or third name on our team sheet. 

2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Any football player in the world COULD score goals like that. None of our current players WILL though. We don’t have anyone in the Jamie Walker mould. No driving, forward thinking attackers or wingers. No one willing to shoot from distance. If we could get him back to form he’d be the second or third name on our team sheet. 

Jamie Walker is finished. When was the last time you watched him out of interest?

Actually, I'm not interested. He wouldn't/shouldn't be 2nd or 3rd name on our teamsheet or even close to that and if you think that there will be no convincing you otherwise. Agree to disagree, I'm out.

20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Jamie Walker is finished. When was the last time you watched him out of interest?

Actually, I'm not interested. He wouldn't/shouldn't be 2nd or 3rd name on our teamsheet or even close to that and if you think that there will be no convincing you otherwise. Agree to disagree, I'm out.

What a stupid comment. He’s only 25 and can still develop. When Robbo went to Newcastle they couldn’t wait to get rid of him, yet did great when he came back to Tynie. For a number of reasons, some players play well in the right environment. JW deserves a chance to restore himself.