Favourite Jamie Walker Moment

Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

What a stupid comment. He’s only 25 and can still develop. When Robbo went to Newcastle they couldn’t wait to get rid of him, yet did great when he came back to Tynie. For a number of reasons, some players play well in the right environment. JW deserves a chance to restore himself.

Newcastle... Peterborough...really no difference.

Happy to be proved wrong. I won't be though, but feel free to bookmark this and throw it back in my face when the Messiah is up and running.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should have been ten
31 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Jamie Walker is finished. When was the last time you watched him out of interest?

Actually, I'm not interested. He wouldn't/shouldn't be 2nd or 3rd name on our teamsheet or even close to that and if you think that there will be no convincing you otherwise. Agree to disagree, I'm out.

:spoton:

18 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

What a stupid comment. He’s only 25 and can still develop. When Robbo went to Newcastle they couldn’t wait to get rid of him, yet did great when he came back to Tynie. For a number of reasons, some players play well in the right environment. JW deserves a chance to restore himself.

Say What Again

Only managed to read the first page of the thread, but I leaned a few things. 

1. My definition of ‘great’ Hearts players varies hugely from others. 

2. JW appears to have a lot of friends and family on JKB

1 minute ago, Say What Again said:

Only managed to read the first page of the thread, but I leaned a few things. 

1. My definition of ‘great’ Hearts players varies hugely from others. 

2. JW appears to have a lot of friends and family on JKB

on both counts.

RobbofordGHC
7 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

My favourite moment is the knee surgery part.

Remember when everyone said his knees were ****ed?

1 8/4/18 H Wigan Athletic (18.) Sheffield Wednesday Sheff Wed  (12.) 3:2 Not in squad
2 8/11/18 A Wigan Athletic (4.) Aston Villa Aston Villa  (2.) 3:2 on the bench
3 8/18/18 H Wigan Athletic (9.) Nottingham Forest Nottm Forest  (7.) 2:2 Not in squad
4 8/22/18 A Wigan Athletic (12.) Stoke City Stoke City  (17.) 0:3 Not in squad
5 8/25/18 A Wigan Athletic (8.) Queens Park Rangers QPR  (23.) 1:0 Not in squad
27 1/12/19 H Wigan Athletic (20.) Aston Villa Aston Villa  (9.) 3:0  Knee Surgery
28 1/19/19 A Wigan Athletic (19.) Sheffield Wednesday Sheff Wed  (15.) 1:0  Knee Surgery
29 1/26/19 A Wigan Athletic (20.) Nottingham Forest Nottm Forest  (11.) 3:1  Knee Surgery
30 2/2/19 H Wigan Athletic (20.) Queens Park Rangers QPR  (13.) 2:1  Knee Surgery
31 2/9/19 A Wigan Athletic (20.) Rotherham United Rotherham  (21.) 1:1  Knee Surgery
32 2/13/19 H Wigan Athletic (20.) Stoke City Stoke City  (16.) 0:0  Knee Surgery
34 2/23/19 H Wigan Athletic (20.) Ipswich Town Ipswich  (24.) 1:1  Knee Surgery
35 3/2/19 H Wigan Athletic (19.) Middlesbrough FC Middlesbrough  (5.) 0:0  Knee Surgery
33 3/5/19 A Wigan Athletic (20.) Derby County Derby  (7.) 2:1  Knee Surgery
36 3/9/19 A Wigan Athletic (19.) Reading FC Reading  (21.) 3:2  Knee Surgery
37 3/12/19 A Wigan Athletic (20.) Blackburn Rovers Blackburn  (16.) 3:0  Knee Surgery
38 3/16/19 H Wigan Athletic (21.) Bolton Wanderers Bolton  (23.) 5:2  Knee Surgery
39 3/30/19 H Wigan Athletic (19.) Brentford FC Brentford  (14.) 0:0  Knee Surgery
40 4/6/19 A Wigan Athletic (20.) Bristol City Bristol City  (5.) 2:2  Knee Surgery
41 4/10/19 A Wigan Athletic (19.) Hull City Hull City  (11.) 2:1  Knee Surgery
42 4/14/19 H Wigan Athletic (21.) Norwich City Norwich  (1.) 1:1  Knee Surgery
43 4/19/19 A Wigan Athletic (21.) Leeds United Leeds  (2.) 1:2  Knee Surgery
44 4/22/19 H Wigan Athletic (20.) Preston North End Preston NE  (9.) 2:0  Knee Surgery
45 4/27/19 A Wigan Athletic (18.) Birmingham City Birmingham  (17.) 1:1  Knee Surgery
46 5/5/19 H Wigan Athletic (18.) Millwall FC Millwall  (21.) 1:0  Knee Surgery

Your favourite moment of a long serving Hearts player is when he is out for six months following knee surgery?

If we have had him off the wage bill while he has been out recuperating from a much needed operation that solves a recurring injury issue he has had and he then returns to us to resume his career then we have played a blinder!

1 hour ago, bazman said:

JW just posted a phot of sat nav on his story. Looks as though he heading back down south as we speak 

I’d like to change my vote ^

1 hour ago, RobbofordGHC said:

Your favourite moment of a long serving Hearts player is when he is out for six months following knee surgery?

If we have had him off the wage bill while he has been out recuperating from a much needed operation that solves a recurring injury issue he has had and he then returns to us to resume his career then we have played a blinder!

Sorry.  My favourite moment was when he down tools and whored himself out to Rangers.

Better?

1 hour ago, Prof said:

What a stupid comment. He’s only 25 and can still develop. When Robbo went to Newcastle they couldn’t wait to get rid of him, yet did great when he came back to Tynie. For a number of reasons, some players play well in the right environment. JW deserves a chance to restore himself.

He really lit the heather on fire at Peterborough right enough.   Was shite when he left us, and hasn’t done anything to show that he’s changed. 

Seen him having a wee thinly veiled dig at his club a couple times on IG about being a bench warmer so he better turn up fit when he arrives ?

3 minutes ago, Morph said:

He really lit the heather on fire at Peterborough right enough.   Was shite when he left us, and hasn’t done anything to show that he’s changed. 

Seen him having a wee thinly veiled dig at his club a couple times on IG about being a bench warmer so he better turn up fit when he arrives ?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/former-hearts-star-jamie-walker-13657380

jamboinglasgow

When he played in the Scottish youth cup against Hibs at Easter Road. He scored an incredible overhead kick, then was ruled out for offside. After that, I want their to be the incredible goal exception for offsides.

That and his performance against Rangers in the 4-1 game. Worth noting that in the 16/17 season, he scored 15 goals in 24 games (in all competitions) up to that game. Then his game fell away (at the same time Cathro fell apart.) Pretty sure that was also the same time Rangers interest in him was being said. Also worth noting that season he played 39 games. That season showed what Walker is capable of and how big player he can be. If the surgery in January has finally cleared up the long term problem with his knee (as some have said) and he has had the rest of last season to recuperate, then if he is focused he could be a good signing. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Prof said:

What a stupid comment. He’s only 25 and can still develop. When Robbo went to Newcastle they couldn’t wait to get rid of him, yet did great when he came back to Tynie. For a number of reasons, some players play well in the right environment. JW deserves a chance to restore himself.

Kickback’s resident slaver strikes again. Robbo never once treated the club, fans or his teammates with contempt. 

Comparing JW and JR. :rofl:You’re priceless, darling. 

Worthing Jambo

Remember when he turned his back, in a cup tie,

on a player having a shot while almost horizontal?

A historic outcome.

43 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Kickback’s resident slaver strikes again. Robbo never once treated the club, fans or his teammates with contempt. 

Remember when Robbo was trying to get his move to Newcastle by liking all the posts made by The Geordie Times.

Or when he suddenly starting hanging around with Paul Gascoigne getting his pictures taken.....

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

When he played in the Scottish youth cup against Hibs at Easter Road. He scored an incredible overhead kick, then was ruled out for offside. After that, I want their to be the incredible goal exception for offsides.

That and his performance against Rangers in the 4-1 game. Worth noting that in the 16/17 season, he scored 15 goals in 24 games (in all competitions) up to that game. Then his game fell away (at the same time Cathro fell apart.) Pretty sure that was also the same time Rangers interest in him was being said. Also worth noting that season he played 39 games. That season showed what Walker is capable of and how big player he can be. If the surgery in January has finally cleared up the long term problem with his knee (as some have said) and he has had the rest of last season to recuperate, then if he is focused he could be a good signing. 

He was the supporters player of the year that season as well.

RobbofordGHC
2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Sorry.  My favourite moment was when he down tools and whored himself out to Rangers.

Better?

Yes that is probably better than suggesting that the career highlight for you of a Hearts player who played 155 times for the club scoring 37 goals was when he was out recuperating from an injury while with another club.

The 4-1 game against Rangers was clearly Walker’s finest moment.

Hopefully we get that player back as he was absolutely unplayable that night.

1 hour ago, RobbofordGHC said:

Yes that is probably better than suggesting that the career highlight for you of a Hearts player who played 155 times for the club scoring 37 goals was when he was out recuperating from an injury while with another club.

As soon as he left Hearts,  IDGAF.

Kinda like he done when someone offered him more cash.

And looking at what he done since leaving US, He has done **** all, and been found out by have shite knees like everyone has said.

I will go on record to say, the best JW will ever have done in his career - is his slightly above average season at Hearts in 2016/17.

He will retire from football in 2023/24.  If he makes it that far.

Edited by Lovecraft

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Taffin said:

Newcastle... Peterborough...really no difference.

Happy to be proved wrong. I won't be though, but feel free to bookmark this and throw it back in my face when the Messiah is up and running.

I’m pretty sure you are the only person ever to call Jamie Walker the messiah.

On form he was one of if not the best attacking midfielder in the league when played in a settled lineup with decent players around him. 

Maybe like Andy driver injury has robbed him of some effectiveness but as pace was never Walker’s main attribute, it’s not beyond the realm of possibility he could be a good player for us. He certainly

offers something different - a genuine attacking midfielder who knows where the goal is - and he’d find it very hard to disappear (which hes been accused of) in a team containing the likes of naismith, berra and haring. He’d get a bollocking off them.

I don’t know him but he seems a home loving sort who didn’t really want to move south. He could easily settle with us and recapture his form.

Edited by ToqueJambo

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cant remember exactly which match. All 4 stands at Fester road knowing that only one man in maroon was giving a damn. 

CloustonHMFC

Surely, no matter anyone’s thoughts on how the last couple years has went, if he pulls on the Hearts jersey again people want him to succeed? Or is this going to be another case of willing a player to fail?

jamtartan74
Just now, clouston1992 said:

Surely, no matter anyone’s thoughts on how the last couple years has went, if he pulls on the Hearts jersey again people want him to succeed? Or is this going to be another case of willing a player to fail?

As much as he pissed me off and was glad to see him leave, when he pulls on the Hearts jersey again he gets a fresh start, and hopefully he can recapture his form from 16/17 season. 

8 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Shame that you call yourself a slaver. 

44 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

As someone who isn’t keen, yes. Want him to succeed in a Hearts jersey.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

As soon as he left Hearts,  IDGAF.

Kinda like he done when someone offered him more cash.

And looking at what he done since leaving US, He has done **** all, and been found out by have shite knees like everyone has said.

I will go on record to say, the best JW will ever have done in his career - is his slightly above average season at Hearts in 2016/17.

He will retire from football in 2023/24.  If he makes it that far.

This is a very emotional post. Look at the situation rationally. Be a bit more calculating. If we bring Jamie Walker back on a 1 year deal and he’s no good, fine - that is him done. Off to Raith. Maybe Wighton, Lee or Clare will come good and start pinging in goals, they are all here next season in Walkers area of the pitch. That’s the worst case scenario. 

But the best case, if we get Walker back, get him fit we know we’ve got a player with the natural ability to be the best player in the SPFL at age 25 coming into his prime years, who will never go to England and will likely play for Hearts for the rest of his career. In terms of our squad and our chronic lack of goals and creativity from

midfield, that’s a big potential payoff.

1 year deal with an option to extend. To

me that’s a no lose situation. If he was 30 I’d be saying absolutely no to signing him but he’s only 25, there’s plenty of players over the years who have had an injury crisis at that age and come back from it.

allanwilson1970

He will improve us short term but will hinder the development of Morrison, McDonald and young Connor Smith who all play wide right. Not sure how I feel about this, as I expected the 3 mentioned to be the mainstay down the wide right. Guess it means probable loan moves for 2 of them. 

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This is a very emotional post. Look at the situation rationally. Be a bit more calculating. If we bring Jamie Walker back on a 1 year deal and he’s no good, fine - that is him done. Off to Raith. Maybe Wighton, Lee or Clare will come good and start pinging in goals, they are all here next season in Walkers area of the pitch. That’s the worst case scenario. 

But the best case, if we get Walker back, get him fit we know we’ve got a player with the natural ability to be the best player in the SPFL at age 25 coming into his prime years, who will never go to England and will likely play for Hearts for the rest of his career. In terms of our squad and our chronic lack of goals and creativity from

midfield, that’s a big potential payoff.

1 year deal with an option to extend. To

me that’s a no lose situation. If he was 30 I’d be saying absolutely no to signing him but he’s only 25, there’s plenty of players over the years who have had an injury crisis at that age and come back from it.

Its either that or he resurrects his career with our help and fecks off as fast as his marshmallow knees allow, probably slithering along the M8.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

He will improve us short term but will hinder the development of Morrison, McDonald and young Connor Smith who all play wide right. Not sure how I feel about this, as I expected the 3 mentioned to be the mainstay down the wide right. Guess it means probable loan moves for 2 of them. 

Wouldnt think he will play wide right. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, doctor jambo said:

Its either that or he resurrects his career with our help and fecks off as fast as his marshmallow knees allow, probably slithering along the M8.

Rangers will not have him now, let’s be honest as far as they are concerned they dodged a massive bullet by not signing him. Celtic won’t have him.

But yes he could be away along the M8, to Partick or Hamilton if it doesn’t work out for him here. 

Its a no lose situation for Hearts

Amazing the amount of people on here writing him off before he has even kicked a ball again. How about let's give the lad a chance and who knows we just might have a good player on our hands again!

No transfer is a guarantee to work but what we know for a fact is JW was a good player for Hearts before, probably our best through a certain period. If he stays fit he has his best years ahead of him. Wouldn't be like Hearts fans to slate a player before a ball is kicked, I'm sure some are Hibs fans posting here anyway.

He improves our squad no doubt, a bit of hard work and he will be a definite starter. Welcome home Jamie Walker.

Touch of realism is needed here. Some players do well in the environment they like, Robbo is a good example.  Rudi is another. Neither were as good away from Hearts. JW deserves a chance to re-establish himself at Tynecastle. 

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wouldnt think he will play wide right. 

I'm against him coming back but if he does where do you think he'll play?

I also can't see him at wide right and unless he's a lot fitter now, I can't see him wide left either.

Edited by Taffin

Some of the comments on here are absolutely laughable. If you don’t think Jamie Walker improves Hearts then I’m afraid your not too clued up on either Hearts or Football in general. 

scott herbertson
43 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm against him coming back but if he does where do you think he'll play?

I also can't see him at wide right and unless he's a lot fitter now, I can't see him wide left either.

traditional inside right drifting around behind the strikers, looking lazy and disinterested but actually being our biggest goal threat....

Edited by scott herbertson

It should have been ten
14 hours ago, Prof said:

Think you’ll find yours is the stupid comment. The laddie shat on his own nest, down tools for MONTHS, feigned injury to avoid playing the huns...also tarted himself all over social media liking anything and everything to do with them.

He’s a wee shitehouse rat who deserves **** all chance to restore himself. He is a disgrace to his family name with this club and has done nowt since he left...which is what HE wanted btw, don’t forget that.  

Edited by It should have been ten

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, jayjay said:

Some of the comments on here are absolutely laughable. If you don’t think Jamie Walker improves Hearts then I’m afraid your not too clued up on either Hearts or Football in general. 

Improves us where ? what’s he done since he left ?

2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Think you’ll find yours is the stupid comment. The laddie shat on his own nest, down tools for MONTHS, feigned injury to avoid playing the huns...also tarted himself all over social media liking anything and everything to do with them.

He’s a wee shitehouse rat who deserves **** all chance to restore himself. He is a disgrace to his family name with this club and has done nowt since he left...which is what HE wanted btw, don’t forget that.  

Break time at the primary school?

It should have been ten
12 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

4 hours ago, McCrae said:

He is crocked and has never fully recovered from his knee surgery.  He is finished playing at a high level.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I see we managed to stay on topic again. 

Favourite moments 

rudi must stay
On 23/06/2019 at 11:08, RS86 said:

And that time we had a late lead vs Hibs and he just casually strolled in front of their fans when the ball went out of play trolling them was brilliant.

His game v Rangers in the Championship season (2-0) showed what a great player he can be. My favourite goal and moment is the second one. It is very clever play too, he loses his marker and whams it in the top corner :thumbsup:

letsalldothebeattie

When we pumped Rangers at Tynie under Cathro. An absolutely stunning performance from Walker that night 

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

Good post. While I don’t trust him and deplore his antics last time out, I hope he’s a success.