4 players required

NB GIN

Don’t think we are a million miles away from a decent team 

striker that can score goals doesn’t have to be 6 feet plus 

2 decent footballers in the middle of the park 

good winger direct player 

With what we have at the club Naismith returning we won’t be far away 

hopefully he just doesn’t sign players because they are tall we need skill and pace not height 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• JamboAl

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Quesada Jambo
11 minutes ago, Mort said:

We need a much better GK to compete at the top end of the table, IMO of course.

Correct. Get Craig Gordon back

Bunny Munro

Depending on White we may need another left back, I'm not sure Hockey is ready to be our first choice and Garrucio has been too inconsistent for my liking (although I can't deny at he's best he looks very good).

We need two strikers, one as cover for Uche and one to be the goal scorer. Keena and MacLean can be the cover. 

One creative midfielder and (ideally) two quality wingers and I think we're golden.

CloustonHMFC

GK

CM x1 (depending on what happens with Djoum x2)

Winger x2 (ideally but will probably only be 1)

Striker x1

Get rid of Doyle, Edwards, Bozanic, send Wighton on loan for a season and start to blood Cochrane, Irving, Hickey and C Smith more.

We should be emptying folk like Zanatta, Currie etc. I like them but they’re not going to make it at Hearts. 

Agree with the OP.  Without losing them, the majority of great strikers round the world have been anything but tall.

OP pretty much spot on. Would love Jimmy Dunne back - Soapy, Halkett and Dunne would be formidable back 3. Think Berra might only have 20 games or so a season left in him, may struggle with 40+

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Agree with the OP.  Without losing them, the majority of great strikers round the world have been anything but tall.

Listing  not losing.  Pillock.

Phil D. Corners

I’m quite positive that 3/4 quality players will give us a good season. 

Our squad is much the same as last year. I expect Naismith to sign next month so the only real loss would be Djoum. The others have been replaced or hardly featured. 

3/4 played + Naismith fit = me being positive. 

Take away 1st ten games of season we would have finished 2nd bottom of league.

To strongly competing for 3rd or 4th I would be astonished if 4 signings gotnis there.

Need 7 or 8 plus arguably new manager as much as I like levein as a hearts person....and good few current team booted out.

For a team that with 2nd bottom form for 80% of season I am not sure how we could "not be a million miles away from decent team" unless you mean achieving top 6 as target.

We were tank rotten last season in pretty much every aspect. Lucky cup draws papered over cracks.

Phil D. Corners
6 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

To strongly competing for 3rd or 4th I would be astonished if 4 signings gotnis there.

Need 7 or 8 plus arguably new manager as much as I like levein as a hearts person....and good few current team booted out.

For a team that with 2nd bottom form for 80% of season I am not sure how we could "not be a million miles away from decent team" unless you mean achieving top 6 as target.

We were tank rotten last season in pretty much every aspect. Lucky cup draws papered over cracks.

But the first 10 games did count and we were top for nearly 30% of season. 

5 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

GK

CM x1 (depending on what happens with Djoum x2)

Winger x2 (ideally but will probably only be 1)

Striker x1

Get rid of Doyle, Edwards, Bozanic, send Wighton on loan for a season and start to blood Cochrane, Irving, Hickey and C Smith more.

We should be emptying folk like Zanatta, Currie etc. I like them but they’re not going to make it at Hearts. 

A bit unfair on Edwards. I think he has promise. We are stuck with Wighton thanks to CL. The worst player to ever play for us in the Budge era for sure. He will play 30 games next season and score 1. Terrible terrible terrible player.

30 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Oooft reality check bomb. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A bit unfair on Edwards. I think he has promise. We are stuck with Wighton thanks to CL. The worst player to ever play for us in the Budge era for sure. He will play 30 games next season and score 1. Terrible terrible terrible player.

Are you planning in telling us today how it is you can make such sweeping statements when you dont know if you go to games or not?

Or if you care or not.

32 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

:cornette:

So, take out almost a quarter of the league season just to strengthen your argument?

Surely if you do that, you have to take away every teams first ten results.

If you take away our five goals in the 2012 cup final, we would’ve lost y’know.

fabienleclerq
35 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

If you take away any wins and draws we would've finished bottom...... 

been here before
37 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Take away the draws and defeats and we won every game we played last year.

Not bad at all.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Are you planning in telling us today how it is you can make such sweeping statements when you dont know if you go to games or not?

Or if you care or not.

For the love of ****, how many times?

I have stopped going to games but went a fair bit last season and the 42 ****ing seasons before that.

I will still watch live games and love from the sidelines. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I have stopped going to games but went a fair bit last season and the 42 ****ing seasons before that.

So all the stuff you were coming out with last season about how you dont go, dont care and wint be back until Budge goes was simply straught forward  attention seeking bullshit?

Carlsberg dont do volte-face...

Just to clarify you understand.

Edited by been here before

Definitely need a new goalkeeper. Otherwise I’d say 2 wingers, a CM &  2 strikers. 

How's my driving

Maybe a very unpopular answer but Craig Gordon is  not the answer for GK.

He's looked very dodgy in the few games that I say him in last season and even the season before. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Take away they last 28 games and we are Champions :)

Couple of additions, pray for less injuries and Budge should be sitting Levein down and targeting 2nd place. 

42 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

*hate from the sidelines.

24 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

Maybe a very unpopular answer but Craig Gordon is  not the answer for GK.

He's looked very dodgy in the few games that I say him in last season and even the season before. 

I agree. Although he is undoubtedly better then what we have, so wouldn’t be completely against it. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

I know you've already been pulled up a few times but it's worth emphasising how stupid that logic is. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Oooft reality check bomb. 

Reality? Removing games that suit your argument. Modern discourse in a nutshell. 

You are only as good as your last game and on that basis a team that was a baw hair away from winning the cup is about 4 players short of being a very good team as the OP says.  

Rocky jamboa

A really good central midfielder who can control the midfield, create chances and chip in with 5-10 goals is key. 2 if djoum goes. 

Milinkovic would be a good addition and we could do with another striker. 

So milinkovic and a quality centre mid and striker and I'd be happy with that. Quality over quantity is what we need this summer.

I'd like to see Cochrane, keena, hickey, Smith and Morrison get more games next season. No point having a good youth set up if we're not going to play them. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Quite an achievement to have embarrassed yourself this much before the working day even begins. Well done.

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Amazing that we’ve gone from our actual league position of 6th, down to 8th and now we’re 11th! The SFA really need to get a grip of themselves, becoming embarrassing!

132goals1958
2 hours ago, Big Moysey said:

OP pretty much spot on. Would love Jimmy Dunne back - Soapy, Halkett and Dunne would be formidable back 3. Think Berra might only have 20 games or so a season left in him, may struggle with 40+

After a bad injury and a good pre season Berra will once again be one of the mainstays in our side 

How's my driving
1 hour ago, HMFC86 said:

I agree. Although he is undoubtedly better then what we have, so wouldn’t be completely against it. 

I'm really not sure he is, anymore,  seems to do a lot of daft things now.

4 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

I'm really not sure he is, anymore,  seems to do a lot of daft things now.

He’s definitely nowhere near the keeper he was, but he’s still a better keeper than Zlamal & Doyle.

However I think it would be a very short term fix. Much rather we looked for a keeper in his mid to late twenties as a number 1.

grumpyespana
9 hours ago, Quesada Jambo said:

Correct. Get Craig Gordon back

I  liked Craig when he was here previously but I have my doubts that he is still as good specially as Bain is keeping him out the Celtic team.

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

:cornette:

So, take out almost a quarter of the league season just to strengthen your argument?

Surely if you do that, you have to take away every teams first ten results.

If you take away our five goals in the 2012 cup final, we would’ve lost y’know.

Alternatively you hide behind the first ten games and look at the form after that when it really matters.  

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Alternatively you hide behind the first ten games and look at the form after that when it really matters.  

C'mon Inch, you know it doesn't work like that - every game matters, whether it's the 3rd or 33rd.

I am surprised the guys on here who are pro-Levein are not more bullish about the new season. We have seen what we can do with no injuries so we should be confident about the new season, no?

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

C'mon Inch, you know it doesn't work like that - every game matters, whether it's the 3rd or 33rd.

I am surprised the guys on here who are pro-Levein are not more bullish about the new season. We have seen what we can do with no injuries so we should be confident about the new season, no?

True, all very valid points.  No need for new players in that case unless the aim is for the league instead of second ?

Will likely bring in a winger, striker and maybe someone as a replacement for Djoum. Would be surprised if we brought in any more than 3 players, especially if Naismith's new contract is signed and sealed.

Phil Dunphy

Two wingers, two central midfielders and a forward. 

That’s what we need. But it’s not what we’ll get. 

28 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

And who is hiding behind the first ten games? 

I’m not saying that our form after that wasn’t honking. But you can’t discount results just to suit your agenda.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Quite an achievement to have embarrassed yourself this much before the working day even begins. Well done.

:rofl: 

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, been here before said:

So all the stuff you were coming out with last season about how you dont go, dont care and wint be back until Budge goes was simply straught forward  attention seeking bullshit?

Carlsberg dont do volte-face...

Just to clarify you understand.

That's his entire posting history in a nutshell!

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You obviously didn’t see Rafal Grzelak then.

Inch Hearts
21 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

And who is hiding behind the first ten games? 

I’m not saying that our form after that wasn’t honking. But you can’t discount results just to suit your agenda.

Lots of people hide behind the first ten games instead of facing up to the reality that since the end of October our form was relegation form.  We got pumped 5-0 off Livi ffs. 

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Lots of people hide behind the first ten games instead of facing up to the reality that since the end of October our form was relegation form.  We got pumped 5-0 off Livi ffs. 

That was about the time the multiple serious injuries to key players.

Hardly a coincidence.