Craig Bryson signs for Aberdeen

Shaggy2

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Don Cowie...

:peepwall:

:vrface:time for me to  give up I think. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• soonbe110

• SpruceBringsteen

• Bazzas right boot

indianajones
17 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I think he could be the one that got away unless Levein has a cunning plan.

Levein. Cunning plan. 

Do not get your hopes up! 

Bazzas right boot

Folk all over the place thinking we lost out because we are waiting on Djoum..... 

?????

This place cracks me up. 

If it was like that ( which I'd bet it isn't) If we wanted him that badly, we'd have simply not offered Djoum a Contract. 

Ofc, he might have rejected any contract offered... Nah, it's CL, doing nothing until Djoum goes or stays.... ????

Litterally the entire staff just doing nothing until Djoum signs or not. 

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Don’t agree with a lot of what you say, mate but you’re bang on the cash here. Energy and drive is required. 

That's exactly Bryson's game, I'm disappointed we've missed this one

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Folk all over the place thinking we lost out because we are waiting on Djoum..... 

?????

This place cracks me up. 

If it was like that ( which I'd bet it isn't) If we wanted him that badly, we'd have simply not offered Djoum a Contract. 

Ofc, he might have rejected any contract offered... Nah, it's CL, doing nothing until Djoum goes or stays.... ????

Its problaby because this transfer window has a kind of feeling that were sleepwalking a bit,no doubt there is work going on behind the scenes though. 

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's exactly Bryson's game, I'm disappointed we've missed this one

Sakes. I’m useless at the internet. 

Can’t see much genuine movement in midfield this season and don’t see an actual playmaking, creative player coming in - unless Walker is to be that man?

SpruceBringsteen
34 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Nevermind.  Time to Wyscout someone from Australia or the English lowers. 

You'd certainly hope there was some sort of third way to sign a player other than watching them on youtube for 3 minutes, or punting thousands at a guy who must be good because he was a name 10 years ago and has played in a league that's on the telly. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

?????

This place cracks me up. 

All sitting in the BOOTROOM watching YouTube. 

Couple of players ripping up trees in the Swiss 4th division. Looks promising.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Its problaby because this transfer window has a kind of feeling that were sleepwalking a bit,no doubt there is work going on behind the scenes though. 

I dunno. 

How many players do we do we really need? We have Hackett. If we get Naismith then it’s a case of covering Djoum if he leaves. Perhaps a striker or a winger but nothing like the numbers of last summer. 

The Internet
35 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Getting papped out of a qualifying round by the 4th best team in Uzbekistan or similar.

Yeah i was going to make a joke about how attractive those first 2 qualifying rounds of the Europa League in some backwater must be but then I remembered we'll be playing in the group stage of the scottish league cup and got depressed. 

SuperstarSteve

Well after hearing levein spoke to him last week and thought it was a done deal. 

I definitely won’t be listening to that lad again. 

Albeit if a really believed him I would’ve posted on here about it. 

Wouldve been a great signing but Oh well. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Honestly don’t think we’ll see much change to the midfield. Only a replacement for Djoum if he goes. 

We’ll be sticking by who we signed last year to see if they improve.  

Jesus, would be a long season then.

Thank god its not true.

GorgieFifeLife

Honestly don’t think we’ll see much change to the midfield. Only a replacement for Djoum if he goes. 

Bottom 6 beckons in that case. 

11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Jesus, would be a long season then.

Thank god its not true.

Hope you’re right mate.  Just the way it looks to me. 

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I absolutely hate the signing period between seasons. Are we to have a thread about every player who doesnt sign for Hearts. Even if there's no mention of us ever being interested.

I also hate "could do a job"

Rant over.

Harsh. You can’t say this is a thread about a player that “there’s no mention of us ever being interested.” 

Im cool with starting a Craig Bryson thread and asking the question. Mixed bag of answers, as per. ?

I think he will be a good player for them but probably on for one season maybe 2.

As it says on EEN.

"With Hearts and Hibs also said to be interested, Bryson has decided instead to join Derek McInnes' side."

Nothing was ever confirmed by Hearts that we were interested. So it's possible we were looking elsewhere. Or perhaps even looking in house at Cochrane etc as being the answer to that position.

Bit gutted at this. Will be interesting to see how he performs next season. I'm guessing a missed opportunity for us.

Acted quickly to replace GMS yet we have needed a player like him for a few years now!

Yet to see a comment from a Derby fan saying they are glad he is gone. Seems he was a fans favourite down there!

Just now, Barack said:

He scored a hat-trick against Forest.

He could fire bomb an animal shelter, & they'd still love him there.

Quite the opposite of here then, where everyone is shit.

I agree with you and really that is fair enough. If you are going to buy players who are younger that you have identified as promising then you should give them a proper chance. Bringing people in the next season to play in their position is self defeating. 

He was our main target if djoum was to leave, so let’s hope djoum stays or Levein has made an arse of it yet again

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

You'd certainly hope there was some sort of third way to sign a player other than watching them on youtube for 3 minutes, or punting thousands at a guy who must be good because he was a name 10 years ago and has played in a league that's on the telly. :lol:

What about the fact he performed brilliantly last season and his current club who almost made the Prem wanted to keep him? :lol: 

2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Seen him or didn’t see him playing earlier in the season for Derby

Not the box to box player some may think

we can do better

That’s what I was looking for - someone who’s actually seen him play recently. He was a good box-to-box midfielder 5-10 years ago but that’s not easy at 32. Can’t say I’m too disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, Badonde said:

He was our main target if djoum was to leave, so let’s hope djoum stays or Levein has made an arse of it yet again

I said similar to olly lees left foot but was shot down in flames!

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

I said similar to olly lees left foot but was shot down in flames!

It’s a week until Djoum leaves   Contract up on 30/6. Don’t think there’s any chance he will be here next season. Will start every Cameroon game at Afcon and will impress some club. 

Guest ToqueJambo
57 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Aberdeen will pay him more.

This. Aberdeen are still quite far ahead of us wages wise and have been for a while.

SpruceBringsteen
12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

What about the fact he performed brilliantly last season and his current club who almost made the Prem wanted to keep him? :lol: 

Clearly a lot of injuries for the lad, but obviously he was lights out in the 5 games he managed to play 90 minutes since the Bells. Did he get player of the year? Have to admit I admire McInnes in taking a punt on a guy that could clearly break down at any moment.

uNpx0m7.jpg

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Clearly a lot of injuries for the lad, but obviously he was lights out in the 5 games he managed to play 90 minutes since the Bells. Did he get player of the year? Have to admit I admire McInnes in taking a punt on a guy that could clearly break down at any moment.

uNpx0m7.jpg

What’s player of the year got to do with anything? He was a game away from the EPL.  Hardly Ryan Edwards standard.

Whats your feelings on the signing of Steven Naismith? Massive punt and not that bothered if signed I’m gathering? 

Edited by Inch Hearts

SpruceBringsteen
20 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

What’s player of the year got to do with anything? He was a game away from the EPL.  Hardly Ryan Edwards standard.

Whats your feelings on the signing of Steven Naismith? Massive punt and not that bothered if signed I’m gathering? 

Dunno. What answer would annoy you most? :lol:

Now look, let's wrap this up quick. You said the guy had been "brilliant" and Derby wanted to keep him. I've shown, using facts, that if that was the case then he was brilliant in the very few games he actually played, which if he was "brilliant" and Derby wanted to keep him, must have been down to constant injuries. If Hearts signed another player who was constantly injured next season, this place's collective anus would prolapse so hard it would crack the Earth's mantle.

So - factually and objectively - either:

a) He's not that good that folk should be having a tantrum

or

b) He's one Ryan Jack tackle from being in a wheelchair

I'll let the people decide. :cool:

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Talking about a Scottish player here, mate. :rofl:they don’t get fitter as the years go by. 

Gordon Strachan (never underestimate the power of porridge with banana) and Gary McAllister?

3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He's 32 and not what we need.

What age is Naismith again? ?

Guest ToqueJambo

Would have been happy to get Bryson. Also nervous he might not be the player he's meant to be and wondering where on the sliding scale between dud and hero he'll end up. The Oshaniwa-Skacel index.

See every new signing ever.

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Dunno. What answer would annoy you most? :lol:

Now look, let's wrap this up quick. You said the guy had been "brilliant" and Derby wanted to keep him. I've shown, using facts, that if that was the case then he was brilliant in the very few games he actually played, which if he was "brilliant" and Derby wanted to keep him, must have been down to constant injuries. If Hearts signed another player who was constantly injured next season, this place's collective anus would prolapse so hard it would crack the Earth's mantle.

So - factually and objectively - either:

a) He's not that good that folk should be having a tantrum

or

b) He's one Ryan Jack tackle from being in a wheelchair

I'll let the people decide. :cool:

So you’re describing Steven Naismith then. 

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I'll choose to wet my pants or not after we see who we sign.

Will you admit to wetting your pants if we sign shite or just go “oh well, other clubs sign

shite too and they are squad players”? Bryson would have been a class signing as everyone not just one or two said on here when he was linked. 

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Apart from Steven Naismith being several levels above Bryson talent and experience wise.

Ronald Villiers

I wonder who the quality signings are that Levein said he was looking to bring in.  I wonder if it'll be guys that showed some promise years ago but either got injured or went off the rails.  He's gone down this route for a while now.  Pity we miss out on tried and tested players like Aberdeen go for!

Great signing for Aberdeen.

If given the choice between Naismith and Bryson, i'd take Naismith.

Hopefully we actually get Naismith.

I'd have been very happy to have signed Bryson. At 32 he's maybe on the downward trajectory, but Naismith and Berra aren't exactly getting any younger either. Would have been a good signing, but my hope is we've found someone younger/ better. 

Losing the amount of players they have, Aberdeen probably have cash to burn so maybe just wasn't worth competing with them on this one. 

I sincerely hope we haven't lost out because we're waiting on Djoum. Until we hear otherwise his non-answer is no and we should sign accordingly. If he happens to change his mind and we haven't replaced him, then great. If not so be it.  

Guest ToqueJambo

I wonder if Aberdeen forums have threads asking why they didn't sign Craig Halket and Steven Naismith instead of Ash Taylor and Curtis Main this summer? Or Cristophe Berra instead of Michael Devlin last year? Or in previous years Kyle Lafferty instead of Stevie May, Osman Sow instead of Jayden Stockley, or John Souttar instead of Anthony O'Connor? 

Edited by ToqueJambo

41 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

To be fair to SB, I think his case "knocked you out" in the 1st Round:lol:

Jambof3tornado
56 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Will you admit to wetting your pants if we sign shite or just go “oh well, other clubs sign

shite too and they are squad players”? Bryson would have been a class signing as everyone not just one or two said on here when he was linked. 

If we wanted Bryson and didnt get him I'd be disappointed.

See my other posts about being unimpressed by several key signings of late.

I'm certainly not a happy clapper and am a wee bit concerned that once again we are playing catch up with regards to squad building this summer.

The Treasurer

So the sheep have signed a player that we might or might not have wanted.

People are, as always, getting damp underwear due to us "being left behind" by everyone else in signing new players.

From the signings made by all other clubs in the SPFL so far,  I've not looked at any of them and thought "shit, we've missed a great opportunity there"

The Old Tolbooth

Genuinely gutted at this one, we've pissed around waiting on an over rated Djoum making his mind up and let Bryson slip through the net, he'd be a superb signing for us, anyone saying different either hasn't seen him play, or doesn't know much about the game, what an opportunity missed that is to steady the middle of the park for the short term until we could get a longer term replacement, and a player like Bryson would have brought on the likes of Cochrane as well.