New Plastic Whistle strip (NH obviously!)

Perth to Paisley

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's no politics really is it, it's more a human rights issue, not something two sides can argue over. Football going things like this and anti-racism things etc are exactly what it should be doing. It's one of the few things can speak to a certain demographic of people. 

It is and if it helps them to sell strips or get fans through the gates who are we to criticise. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FJT

• fabienleclerq

• Nookie Bear

• Phil Dunphy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's no politics really is it, it's more a human rights issue, not something two sides can argue over. Football going things like this and anti-racism things etc are exactly what it should be doing. It's one of the few things can speak to a certain demographic of people. 

In my view it's political, same as the huns having an orange strip or celtic putting stuff about a famine on theirs. 

4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

It's more of a publicity stunt I suppose, I think anyone and everyone is sticking a rainbow on their product and it maybe cheapens the whole idea imo. Flip side is it's making people talk about it. 

Yeah, you might have a point. Still though I think there’s more to be gained than lost through something simple and small like this. Fair play to them 

Nookie Bear
52 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Aye, that's the ones. They often tend to have an uncomfortably creepy and overbearing relationship with their daughter.

So they are sexually abusing their daughters ?

7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

In my view it's political, same as the huns having an orange strip or celtic putting stuff about a famine on theirs. 

I kinda think the opposite. As in, the equivalent might be the uglies putting an anti bigotry slogan on their strips..

cannae see them doing that though 

Nookie Bear
Just now, smartinmaroon said:

Do you start fights in empty rooms?!

Only in the close season when i'm bored.

Want some? ^_^

Nookie Bear
Just now, smartinmaroon said:

?not into fighting hairy arsed men thanks ?

What an odd addition to the JKB crew :laugh2:

Phil Dunphy
22 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Your view is wrong. 

Anyone who who thinks the LGBT community having the same basic human rights as everyone else is a bit political is wrong. 

I think it's very clever, they are positioning themselves as forward thinking in a sea of savages in Glasgow. 

Rangers--we hate catholics, we urra peeple

Celtic-we hate protestants, ohhah up the ra

Partick - there's no place for hate here 

Well played 

26 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I think it's very clever, they are positioning themselves as forward thinking in a sea of savages in Glasgow. 

Well played 

100% this. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not that bad a strip though is it? 

Looks fine to me. ??‍♂️

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not that bad a strip though is it? 

It's not too bad. If they had released it without the promo picture then it wouldn't have raised as many eyebrows.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's not too bad. If they had released it without the promo picture then it wouldn't have raised as many eyebrows.

No real reason for any eyebrows to be raised in 2019. Good on them.

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Looks fine to me. ??‍♂️

Me too Dave, can’t see the fuss at all. 

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Your view is wrong. 

Anyone who who thinks the LGBT community having the same basic human rights as everyone else is a bit political is wrong. 

Ok Phil. Nice strawmanning. 

Phil Dunphy
18 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Ok Phil. Nice strawmanning. 

Hardly strawmannirg when you've said Partick Thistles LGBT shirt is the same as Rangers releasing an orange away strip.

:laugh:

Anyone finding an issue with this in 2019 needs to die out with the rest of the dinosaurs.

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hardly strawmannirg when you've said Partick Thistles LGBT shirt is the same as Rangers releasing an orange away strip.

:laugh:

Anyone finding an issue with this in 2019 needs to die out with the rest of the dinosaurs.

I said it's political, it is. 

Ive never said I have an issue with it. I'll leave you to carry on strawmanning and fighting for human rights via kickback. Mind your Cape. 

Phil Dunphy
Just now, fabienleclerq said:

I said it's political, it is. 

Ive never said I have an issue with it. I'll leave you to carry on strawmanning and fighting for human rights via kickback. Mind your Cape. 

I bet you're fun at parties. Telling people that LGBT is all political and that.

17 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I bet you're fun at parties. Telling people that LGBT is all political and that.

Being LGBT isn't political but releasing a strip showing support for it is.

I'm all in favour of the strip but totally get the argument that we say football and politics should be separate...unless it's something we are in favour of.

Similar to clubs saying don't celebrate participating in some conflicts but endorse others but let's not go there again

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I'm all in favour of the strip but totally get the argument that we say football and politics should be separate...unless it's something we are in favour of.

Similar to clubs saying don't celebrate participating in some conflicts but endorse others but let's not go there again

How many professional footballers have come out though? It is an issue that is deep in football, and for football to help tackle.

EPL did rainbow laces last season.

21 minutes ago, kila said:

How many professional footballers have come out though? It is an issue that is deep in football, and for football to help tackle.

EPL did rainbow laces last season.

As I said, I'm all in favour of it. 

fabienleclerq
56 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This is what I was trying to get across, Phils trying to pick a fight as per. 

12 minutes ago, farin said:

Strip looks ok, each to their own & all that etc. 

99D59DC7-0BF9-4AD4-BDC6-ED029A14C693.thumb.jpeg.acf194fe435528c113d6ff9c2c5e73a8.jpeg

It is pretty tacky tbf, but it’s a rainbow on a white strip so was always going to be. 

As with all away strips that are a bit different, it’ll sell well with the bairns.  Don’t have any issue with a football team making a political statement if the statement promotes inclusivity for everyone like the rainbow does.  It’s not harmful to anyone at all. 

Its not anywhere near the same as rangers or Celtic making some sort of political/religious statement with a tangerine strip or whatever.  

52 minutes ago, farin said:

99D59DC7-0BF9-4AD4-BDC6-ED029A14C693.thumb.jpeg.acf194fe435528c113d6ff9c2c5e73a8.jpeg

Looks alright apart from the pattern on the sleeves.  Reminds me of that cra**y pattern they had on buses a few years back.

Craig Gordons Gloves

LGBT rights and showing support for them is NOT political. How these rights are then used as a political football (pardon the pun) is what makes it political.  Thistle have basically said - we support the rights of all and we're showing that by adding a rainbow to our strip.  

Now, let's turn it around.  Is eradicating child poverty or ill treatment political?  If it is, then Hearts shouldn't have Save The Children emblazoned on the front of our shirts, in what is a more prominent visual than a rainbow stripe down the side.

Scnorthedinburgh
47 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

LGBT rights and showing support for them is NOT political. How these rights are then used as a political football (pardon the pun) is what makes it political.  Thistle have basically said - we support the rights of all and we're showing that by adding a rainbow to our strip.  

Now, let's turn it around.  Is eradicating child poverty or ill treatment political?  If it is, then Hearts shouldn't have Save The Children emblazoned on the front of our shirts, in what is a more prominent visual than a rainbow stripe down the side.

We should have a like button on here.

If you want to split hairs it’s more of a sociopolitical statement than a political statement. 

Eradicating child poverty does have a political element to it because it will require change from governments to protect them, the same with LGBT people in society.  That doesn’t mean a football club can’t align itself with these issues and support the desire for change. 

Things like promoting LGBT rights, stand up to racism etc all have a place to be discussed within football because it is relevant to the sport.  Whereas unionism vs republicans don’t.   I think I’m going off on a tangent here and I don’t think we’re disagreeing on the main point of all this but I don’t see what the problem is with a football club taking a stance on something like this when it’s about inclusivity rather than something that’s massively divisive. 

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, farin said:

Love it if Hearts did the same for an away top. Super8 would implode!

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Bingo.

Nail on head.

Fair play to Partick on this one. ??

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48679183

Bold move to make the first step in professional football to acknowledge all sections (and in particular this one) of our society in football.

Wish Hearts could have claimed this mantle but happy that Partick (or anyone) has.

The more clubs accept responsibility for their actions the more they will influence how we are as a society.

Wont lose too much sleep over it though,  given our sponsors, Fan contribution and eventual ownership , first club to pay living wage  ... and so on. Our moral ground is still high. ?

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Outstanding by Partick!!! Huge well done to them. Football is a homophobic stone age backwater and the fact that no gay players in the whole uk feel safe enough to openly say so is what is wrong. Partick are making a small statement and it’s time the rest of the clubs were dragged into the 21st century.

viv la Partick!!!!

Sub4TiddlerMurray

...hilarious, weird and telling, that so many on jkb are discussing what the strip looks like rather than what it stands for!

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

...hilarious, weird and telling, that so many on jkb are discussing what the strip looks like rather than what it stands for!

That could be viewed as a positive. 

JudyJudyJudy
23 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Good. Anything that increases visibility and acceptance of marginalised groups in a traditionally set-in-its-ways, verging on over-compensatory masculine sport is a move in the right direction.

perfect answer 

Hackney Hearts
21 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think politics doesn't really have a place in football.

Do you think "Show Racism The Red Card" doesn't have a place in football?

23 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Your view is wrong. 

This

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Do you think "Show Racism The Red Card" doesn't have a place in football?

Nah mate, I'm a massive racist you've got me. 

PhoenixHearts
On 18/06/2019 at 14:54, Nookie Bear said:

So they are sexually abusing their daughters ?

Oh no, nothing sinister like that.

Just the types of dad's that struggle to emotionslly accept how little control they have over their daughters life and choices.

The type that make ostensibly sarcastic threats of violence to their daughters boyfriends whether they've even met them or not, or the ones that treat their daughters like a possession. 

Hackney Hearts
21 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Nah mate, I'm a massive racist you've got me. 

I suspect you're not, but that wasn't the point of the question.

Fighting racism is the same sort of 'political' as protecting LGBT rights - you said you disagreed with involving football in the latter, so I was just curious if that applied to the former. Doesn't make anyone a racist, either way. 

It's just interesting, because I agree some forms of politics certainly don't belong in football.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Oh no, nothing sinister like that.

Just the types of dad's that struggle to emotionslly accept how little control they have over their daughters life and choices.

The type that make ostensibly sarcastic threats of violence to their daughters boyfriends whether they've even met them or not, or the ones that treat their daughters like a possession. 

Yeah i hate these " humorous" memes on " Facebook" re 10 Rules for dating my daughter"....and they list threats of violence etc against any potential boyfriends etc ( also assuming the daughter will be straight !) They are creepy as hell...yes  their daughters arent their possession ! 

Edited by JamesM48

Bridge of Djoum
On 17/06/2019 at 23:59, ri Alban said:

Plastic whistle! FFS, Wtf. Your patter is worse than that top.

Sure I witnessed you posting “Westmonster” once or twice. 

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah i hate these " humorous" memes on " Facebook" re 10 Rules for dating my daughter"....and they list threats of violence etc against any potential boyfriends etc ( also assuming the daughter will be straight !) They are creepy as hell...yes  their daughters arent their possession ! 

Usually accompanied by some hillbilly holding a shotgun. 

Sounds like a dumbass Yank thing. Us Brits are more enlightened when it comes that kind of thing. 

On 18/06/2019 at 15:24, Bozi said:

Well played 

:spoton:

9 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

And many before they'd even seen it :D