New Plastic Whistle strip (NH obviously!)

Perth to Paisley

21 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

LGBT rights and showing support for them is NOT political. How these rights are then used as a political football (pardon the pun) is what makes it political.  Thistle have basically said - we support the rights of all and we're showing that by adding a rainbow to our strip.  

Now, let's turn it around.  Is eradicating child poverty or ill treatment political?  If it is, then Hearts shouldn't have Save The Children emblazoned on the front of our shirts, in what is a more prominent visual than a rainbow stripe down the side.

9 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Outstanding by Partick!!! Huge well done to them. Football is a homophobic stone age backwater and the fact that no gay players in the whole uk feel safe enough to openly say so is what is wrong. Partick are making a small statement and it’s time the rest of the clubs were dragged into the 21st century.

viv la Partick!!!!

?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FJT

• fabienleclerq

• Nookie Bear

• Phil Dunphy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fabienleclerq
55 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I suspect you're not, but that wasn't the point of the question.

Fighting racism is the same sort of 'political' as protecting LGBT rights - you said you disagreed with involving football in the latter, so I was just curious if that applied to the former. Doesn't make anyone a racist, either way. 

It's just interesting, because I agree some forms of politics certainly don't belong in football.

I suppose you are right, but at the same time it seems hypocritical to say I agree with this sort of politics in football so it's fine but not the stuff I don't agree with. My own opinion is I'd rather it was all left out of sport but it never will be. Partick strip doesn't offend me and will do more good than bad like the kick Racism stuff.