Top gear

superjack

Just finished watching the forat episode with the new line up, really enjoyed it. Paddy and Freddie, I've always liked as they're naturally funny. Think the show could be as good/funny as it used to be a few years ago.

6 hours ago, superjack said:

Just finished watching the forat episode with the new line up, really enjoyed it. Paddy and Freddie, I've always liked as they're naturally funny. Think the show could be as good/funny as it used to be a few years ago.

I'll catch it later. Should be good. I thought Matt did a great job too.

I haven't really watched world tour. Might have to have a wee binge on showbox.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'll catch it later. Should be good. I thought Matt did a great job too.

I haven't really watched world tour. Might have to have a wee binge on showbox.

I tried watching it when it first aired on amazon, for some reason I just couldn't get into it.

Jambo, Goodbye
21 minutes ago, superjack said:

I tried watching it when it first aired on amazon, for some reason I just couldn't get into it.

You should give season 3 a wee chance, was really good with the slightly altered format. Season 4 will be changing again. 

15 hours ago, superjack said:

I'm off work for a couple of days so might watch it later. 

5 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

You should give season 3 a wee chance, was really good with the slightly altered format. Season 4 will be changing again. 

I thought season 3 was the last proper one.Its only specials they are doing now.Agreed though I like the third season after not being all that fussed with the others.Hammond really does my nut in though.

53 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Watched it for first time yesterday and it's a massive improvement since Clarkson et al got sacked.

Enjoyed Le  Blanc, Harris, Reid too.

Comes across as pals have a good time without being led and bullied by a complete knob.

Just finished watching tonights episode and I've come to a conclusion, this line up is the best line up ever on the programme.

It’s been pretty good so far.

All seems quite natural.

I think Harris is very good too. 

52 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

All seems quite natural.

I wasnt that keen on Harris before this series. He just fits with the rest of them pretty well though.

What I like most about this series is that no one is trying to be the main man, they're just 3 mates.

Bridge of Djoum

Came on thinking it was advice on where to get the best marching powder. Disappointed doesn’t cover it.

1/10. Shite thread. 

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Came on thinking it was advice on where to get the best marching powder. Disappointed doesn’t cover it.

1/10. Shite thread. 

-10/10 Shite patter.

10 hours ago, superjack said:

I wasnt that keen on Harris before this series. He just fits with the rest of them pretty well though.

What I like most about this series is that no one is trying to be the main man, they're just 3 mates.

Don't get me wrong, I do like it. But it's a bit forced, atm, but they should settle down after a bit. Harris had me in stitches with the Flintoff jibe at the fastest lap. :D

12 hours ago, Mysterion said:

All seems quite natural.

I agree. The chemistry between the presenters is worth watching alone. I think Freddie Flintoff is a better host than what Clarkson was.

I've enjoyed the first couple of episodes but it's still not a patch on Clarkson, May and Hammond.

I probably preferred MLB as well but do accept that after a few more episodes it might feel less forced similar to the last series.

7 hours ago, Taffin said:

I probably preferred MLB as well but do accept that after a few more episodes it might feel less forced similar to the last series.

I thought MLB grew into the role and it wasn’t far away from hitting a stride.

The one thing Top Gear does well is produce some beautiful videos and showcase the stunning scenery of the countries they are in.

I still wonder to this day, what on earth were the BBC thinking bringing in Chris Evans as the first main host after tbe trio left... :lol:

Carl Fredrickson
52 minutes ago, Col1874 said:

I still wonder to this day, what on earth were the BBC thinking bringing in Chris Evans as the first main host after tbe trio left... :lol:

Not only that but having about 7 presenters at the same time. 

The last two episodes have been pretty decent. Quite optimistic. 

4 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The last two episodes have been pretty decent. Quite optimistic. 

Same, I don't think anyone could fill the shoes left behind, but they're close and finally the show is watchable again. 

Carl Fredrickson
On 25/06/2019 at 05:33, ri Alban said:

Where's the Stig and Eddie Jordan?

Dont miss Eddie at all. Stig has ran his course too. 

26 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Dont miss Eddie at all. Stig has ran his course too. 

If I remember from the adverts the Stig certainly makes an appearance at some point. More than one I think. 

On 23/06/2019 at 23:18, Bridge of Djoum said:

1/10. Shite thread. 

****ing love Top Gear.

Didn't realise it was a TV show though.

On 24/06/2019 at 19:48, Col1874 said:

Tbh I was quite optimistic when Evans joined the show. I didn't expect it to turn out like a live version of the big breakfast which I thought was pure hibernian.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

****ing love Top Gear.

Didn't realise it was a TV show though.

?

I'm not sure about the new line up - Neither Flintoff nor Paddy knows diddly squat about cars. It seems like they've employed two teewats to make that Chris guy seem like less of a teewat...

Freddie needs to go, before he becomes really disliked.

Edited by ri Alban

TV for men who still wear bootcut jeans and get their tea cooked by their mum every night.  

Utter shite. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, The Brow said:

TV for men who still wear bootcut jeans and get their tea cooked by their mum every night.  

Utter shite. 

TV for men who know what that means.

1 hour ago, The Brow said:

Utter shite. 

No cats died in the watching of this show.

I tolerated it till about halfway through last night before I couldn't take anymore. 

Chris Harris should walk away from this garbage out of professional dignity.

2 hours ago, Super T said:

I tolerated it till about halfway through last night before I couldn't take anymore. 

Chris Harris should walk away from this garbage out of professional dignity.

Just when I thought it was getting better, last nights ep brought it back to earth with a bump, really poor.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

As soon as I saw that watermelon, I knew there would be complaints on Twitter!

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes aswell.

Forced patter.

Same old shite one man wins others a joker one man loses.

Plus get to **** with a show that glorifys burning petrol ffs.

Plus it's just repetitive middle class shite

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, micole said:

Just when I thought it was getting better, last nights ep brought it back to earth with a bump, really poor.

Likewise. I'd thought it was on the up but McGuinness got on my tabs with his third rate Peter Kay schtick while Flintoff appeared to be an overgrown schoolboy from a school for daft lads.