Gears Of War 2 - Multiplayer Footage

vegas-voss

Whilst it looks amazing, I'm quite disappointed by that. They've added too much stuff to the multiplayer that it's going to feel like a new game altogether. All they had to do was carry on the storyline with bigger enemies and add alot of new maps to the multiplayer.

Flamethrower? P!sh.

Traps stopping you picking up the power weapons? P!sh.

I'm disappointed by the game types aswell. A simple CTF would have done nicely but no, it needs to be 'GoW style'.

I'll probably play it non stop when it comes out though...:rolleyes:

Whilst it looks amazing, I'm quite disappointed by that. They've added too much stuff to the multiplayer that it's going to feel like a new game altogether. All they had to do was carry on the storyline with bigger enemies and add alot of new maps to the multiplayer.

Flamethrower? P!sh.

Traps stopping you picking up the power weapons? P!sh.

I'm disappointed by the game types aswell. A simple CTF would have done nicely but no, it needs to be 'GoW style'.

I'll probably play it non stop when it comes out though...:rolleyes:

and i thought you would love it

I prefer having sniper battles and straight out shotgun battles, none of this flamethrower crap. Gears of War is perfect as it is, the only thing it lacks is a party system because you always get kicked for being too good.

Anyone else on KB play Gears as much as me? It's probably my number one online game and it looks disappointing.

You know I'll be on here raving about it when it comes out Brashy.

I prefer having sniper battles and straight out shotgun battles, none of this flamethrower crap. Gears of War is perfect as it is, the only thing it lacks is a party system because you always get kicked for being too good.

Anyone else on KB play Gears as much as me? It's probably my number one online game and it looks disappointing.

You know I'll be on here raving about it when it comes out Brashy.

Im really not into online shooters much prefer the story modes in games and co-op than deathmatch and capture the flag stuff but like the idea of the wingman online mode in that GEARS 2 video.Was playing MGS4 online the other morning and there was nothing tactical or anything in it just 6 v 6 running about daft shooting each other with machine guns.There is a mode in MGS4 where one of the players is Snake and the rest of you have to take him out but all it was, was deathmatch again as everyone was just running about in circles shooting **** out of each other.I prefer my games to have more of a point to them.

Just got GOW a few weeks ago and battled through the first act. It's alright but nothing to special and I'm not really sure going online on it would help me as I wreckon it must just be full of gods that you die every 5 seconds.

Edinburgh JT

Have to say I'm surprised at the understated reaction to this news. GoW2 looks brilliant from that vid. I've had GoW for ages now but through lack of an internet connection and laziness I've never played it (or anything for that matter) on xbox live. I'm tempted to make an effort to get online now :)

Going of on a slightly different topic I've read what you have to do to get online but I'm still a bit confused. Do I simply need to connect the ethernet cable to my modem of my computer or is there more to it than that? That is probably such a stupid question I know :o...

Also once you are up and running with live how do you actually find people to play against/with?

Please forgive my ignorance and general lack of knowledge on the subject!;)

Have to say I'm surprised at the understated reaction to this news. GoW2 looks brilliant from that vid. I've had GoW for ages now but through lack of an internet connection and laziness I've never played it (or anything for that matter) on xbox live. I'm tempted to make an effort to get online now :)

Going of on a slightly different topic I've read what you have to do to get online but I'm still a bit confused. Do I simply need to connect the ethernet cable to my modem of my computer or is there more to it than that? That is probably such a stupid question I know :o...

Also once you are up and running with live how do you actually find people to play against/with?

Please forgive my ignorance and general lack of knowledge on the subject!;)

Gears of War was the best game on the 360 until CoD4 came out, now you don't get many people playing it. You can connect the cable from your PC to your 360 but you'd need to be next to your PC to that. It can be pretty expensive getting on Xbox Live, but it's worth it.

You can buy a wireless network thing for ?60. You'll need an Xbox Live Subscription which is ?40. You could probably do with a mic etc...

It's easy to find people...you just join games and you could add people of JKB like us.

Just got GOW a few weeks ago and battled through the first act. It's alright but nothing to special and I'm not really sure going online on it would help me as I wreckon it must just be full of gods that you die every 5 seconds.

If you went online against me you'd get papped right in the face.

FACT.

Ahh you mean like me against you on COD.

Exactly like it ;)

I've not slept in over 30+ hours so I'm tired, or I'd come and give you a lesson right now.

The online co-op's superb hughsie man. Play through the campaign then go through it again on insane with a mate. Not played it online too much but there's not many better games than gears.

Im really not into online shooters much prefer the story modes in games and co-op than deathmatch and capture the flag stuff but like the idea of the wingman online mode in that GEARS 2 video.Was playing MGS4 online the other morning and there was nothing tactical or anything in it just 6 v 6 running about daft shooting each other with machine guns.There is a mode in MGS4 where one of the players is Snake and the rest of you have to take him out but all it was, was deathmatch again as everyone was just running about in circles shooting **** out of each other.I prefer my games to have more of a point to them.

Know what you mean mate. I never cared for most of the online stuff until ghost recon or cod. The siege mode that was in the early ghost recon's was good. One team held a fort and the other had to take it, one life so if you got killed you had to wait wait until the game finished. Much slower paced and more satisfying when you done it. Have you tried the search and destroy on cod? No respawns and a bit more measured play. Pretty good like and beats that running aboot daft and dying every 5 seconds. Or mibbe thats just cos i'm pish.

It does look good that video. I'll need to make an effort to complete GOW before november.

Know what you mean mate. I never cared for most of the online stuff until ghost recon or cod. The siege mode that was in the early ghost recon's was good. One team held a fort and the other had to take it, one life so if you got killed you had to wait wait until the game finished. Much slower paced and more satisfying when you done it. Have you tried the search and destroy on cod? No respawns and a bit more measured play. Pretty good like and beats that running aboot daft and dying every 5 seconds. Or mibbe thats just cos i'm pish.

I didn't think you were a S&D fan, will need to get a game of that the next time your on.

Much prefer the slower paced stuff. I wish more multiplayer games were a bit more tactical instead of running around mental. Not that they're not ok from time to time but i like the one death and your out type modes that have objectives. Some developers put no thought into the online stuff and just bang a ctf or straight up dm's in and thats it.

Thats what i thought MGS Online would be like more tactical but as i said above it's basically just running about daft.You shoot someone and the next second someone shoots you and repeat process until time runs out.

I always enjoyed our games of GRAW due to only having one life. You had to look around EVERY corner and if you didn't you'd get punished. You even had to watch your back on occasions. I'll get a game of S&D with you soon.

I'll try get on the night fur a wee while. I've only got to get 15 more kills wi that f***** m16 pea shooter thing to get the 1000 challenge points then i'm having a dash wi that p90. Should hopefully get more than 1 kill a round wi that eh ha ha

We should probably play some Ground War until you get those kills then, you don't get much when playing S&D. If I'm not on the 360 when you go on just give me a shout on here.

That P90 is the f***** berries man ha ha! So is the martyrdom! Loads of kills that way! Thought you were coming on the night ma son?

I got caught up in the tennis watching Andy Murray's comeback, I'll be on tonight if your on though. If you use a P90 or MP5 with 3 frags and martyrdom you'll get rakes of kills. Are you planning on going up a prestige? I'm not going to do it again as it takes away all your guns.

Was watching murray as well, went on after that. I've got the 3 frag perk now as well. My kills even got into the 30's last night, couldnae believe how many kills i got with martyrdom like. Should've realised with the amount of times i've died that way in the past, what a ****** man ha ha! Whats this prestige thing yir on aboot? I'm at level 41 the now.

When you get to level 55 you get the option to start from level 1 again and you get a new badge at the side of your name. It's not worth it as you start with basic guns and no perks, and it's really not good for the likes of S&D. It's upto you though!

Grenades probably get more than half of your total kills, you can even put Sonic Boom on and you get bigger explosions!

When you get to level 55 you get the option to start from level 1 again and you get a new badge at the side of your name. It's not worth it as you start with basic guns and no perks, and it's really not good for the likes of S&D. It's upto you though!

Grenades probably get more than half of your total kills, you can even put Sonic Boom on and you get bigger explosions!

Na canny see me wanting to go back to the start. Liking the sound of this sonic boom thing though. I was sometimes killing 2 at a time with the martyrdom, it was class man. Was playing with some really nippy yanks last night, what is it with those ****s? Its like they try their hardest to annoy the **** out of everyone and spoil your game. Pity you cant choose what region you want play on like fifa and just let them all pish each other off. Arseholes man.

You can't get a word in when trying to talk to your mates if there are yanks in the game. If they are on your team you can quickly mute them by pushing select to see the leaderboard, scrolling up and down with your D-pad and push A and it's done.

I've went through one Prestige and found it rpetty easy to rank up. 3 days ago I was on 21. Now I am on 42.

You can't get a word in when trying to talk to your mates if there are yanks in the game. If they are on your team you can quickly mute them by pushing select to see the leaderboard, scrolling up and down with your D-pad and push A and it's done.

Jesus in future thats what i'm daein. Everyone's a bitch to them. C****!