Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
heartsfc_fan

Aaron Hughes retires

Recommended Posts

indianajones

Amazing career. 

 

Great guy and leader. 

 

Wish him all the best for his future ventures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland

A waste of a wage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Two Aarons.  One retiring at the age of 38 with a career to be proud of.  We offer him our thanks and best wishes.  The other, playing in a Scottish Cup final at the age of 16 and outplaying Scotland's Player of the Year.  What a prospect.

 

Good luck Aaron and good luck Aaron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A waste of a wage.

You really do come across on almost every thread as bitter and unhappy. Either that you're just posting for a reaction/trolling.

 

Image result for who hurt you gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
10 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You really do come across on almost every thread as bitter and unhappy. Either that you're just posting for a reaction/trolling.

 

Image result for who hurt you gif

 

After following Hearts for around 50 years there is no point in being bitter. I have to admit (like many others) I am less than happy at our performances on the park over the last couple of years.

When I am able to join your band of happy clappers you will be the first to know! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
On 12/06/2019 at 11:54, Artful Dodger said:

Played for Hearts.

 

Lived the dream.

 

 

For sure, hope he gets in to coaching now, so much expearience to pass on, good luck .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

Looking at the tributes on Twitter are a credit to Aaron Hughes. 

We saw the very back end simply because he was at a level far beyond what we could ordinarily afford prior to that. 

Shame to see some of the comments,  seems like a very genuine professional that simply ran out of legs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Two Aarons.  One retiring at the age of 38 with a career to be proud of.  We offer him our thanks and best wishes.  The other, playing in a Scottish Cup final at the age of 16 and outplaying Scotland's Player of the Year.  What a prospect.

 

Good luck Aaron and good luck Aaron.

What an excellent post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Looking at the tributes on Twitter are a credit to Aaron Hughes. 

We saw the very back end simply because he was at a level far beyond what we could ordinarily afford prior to that. 

Shame to see some of the comments,  seems like a very genuine professional that simply ran out of legs

 

The guy was a extremely good player back in the early 2000s.

 

Probably an incredible influence on players like Souttar etc as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

 

The guy was a extremely good player back in the early 2000s.

 

Probably an incredible influence on players like Souttar etc as well.  

 

He was a bit of a bomb scare at Newcastle who then had a fantastic career at Fulham where he really became a player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
On 12/06/2019 at 14:10, RudiHMFC said:

Looked like a 50 year old who had dusted the cobwebs off the boots for a game of fives at Livi.

What a sad life you must have to spend all day on here slagging off everything to do with our club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk

Good player but just ran out of juice at Hearts. 

 

Risk worth taking considering the career he had and the obvious influence he has had for Soutar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ugly American

Not only that, by all accounts his pay was heavily in appearance fees, so we got a very wise presence in the locker room who helped mentor our young players for very little cash.

 

Many thanks for everything, Aaron. A few stellar performances early on, even if he was pretty clearly done over the last year. Class player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...