Esmael Goncalves

Chaps

tokyowalnut
16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Guys rubbish. Fitness will always be an issue

He was a huge disappointment and would be the same again.

Some footballers are mercinaries who will give you very little apart from when they can be bothered, he was exactly that

Your last paragraph could be a description of Lafferty!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• Beast Boy

• Peebo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Your last paragraph could be a description of Lafferty!

It could be virtually any player that looks after number one first

Sooner folk realize that it's in most footballer's interest to do this. Then we'll avoid the tears and snotters

Enzo Chiefo
36 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Not allegedly, it’s fact and Linfield last year was the worst I have ever heard from Hearts fans to one of their own

"Linfield last year" has nothing to do with the allegation that was made by Mrs Gonclaves, which allegedly happened near the Directors Box, and which has not been proven, as far as I'm aware.  

BelgeJambo
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"Linfield last year" has nothing to do with the allegation that was made by Mrs Gonclaves, which allegedly happened near the Directors Box, and which has not been proven, as far as I'm aware.  

You stated allegedly to Barack’s comment on racial abuse and I merely pointed out the worst racist treatment I have ever heard during the Linfield match. I have no idea what the Director box incident is

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

You stated allegedly to Barack’s comment on racial abuse and I merely pointed out the worst racist treatment I have ever heard during the Linfield match. I have no idea what the Director box incident is

Belge, I'm not doubting what you heard in Linfield.  I'm referring to the allegation, made by Isma's family,  that was well publicised at the time, of racist abuse during a game at Tynecastle, which allegedly came from the area near to tye Directors Box.  I assume Barack is referring to the same incident, if not, I apologise.

rudi must stay
42 minutes ago, jambocub said:

It could be virtually any player that looks after number one first

Sooner folk realize that it's in most footballer's interest to do this. Then we'll avoid the tears and snotters

We have been unlucky the last few years IMO.

We've picked up some really poor professionals, some of the poorest you will find in the game.

Look at Martin for example "he was within his rights to sit on his **** for a year instead of looking for a new team" was he ****

Guys like Struna and Avlonitis played half their best for us too IMO. 

34 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The players wives etc used to sit in section P during the time the racist abuse happened. 

Wouldn't take him back now but was disappointed he left the way he did. His passing was sometimes a bit mis-judged but he was never lazy. Seen him chase right wingers back all the way to our left-back position to try and get a tackle in, shame some of the others couldn't be bothered and just watched him take the flak from some of our "wonderful" supporters. Used to infuriate me when he was booed. Scored a few very decent goals, missed a few sitters but even when he did, he didn't hide like others would and just try to get stuck in again and again. Was never the worst player to pull the jersey on these last three years or so, far from it! Probably the best thing he did was get the hell away from Tynecastle as soon as he could and I don't blame him.

35 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

We have been unlucky the last few years IMO.

We've picked up some really poor professionals, some of the poorest you will find in the game.

Look at Martin for example "he was within his rights to sit on his **** for a year instead of looking for a new team" was he ****

Guys like Struna and Avlonitis played half their best for us too IMO. 

Soon as cathro was emptied Martin hadn't a chance in the first team as he wasn't a player levein rated.

nothing to do with anything other than our dof and new manager never rated the guy 

queensferryjambo

I would have him back. Good player and scorer of good goals.

As for the racism aimed at him and his family I am sure he wrote something on twitter or said something in an interview saying he loved the Hearts fans and he was well aware the racism was only one or two idiots. He was very complimentary of our support after he left.

Sure somebody much more 'twittery' could dig these quotes out very easily. 

1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Soon as cathro was emptied Martin hadn't a chance in the first team as he wasn't a player levein rated.

nothing to do with anything other than our dof and new manager never rated the guy 

Martin shouldn't have been signed in the first place. He's lucky if he's played 10 games in any season over 10 years.

jambo in iraq

him playing up front with Ikpeazu, yes please. Even better with Naismith playing off the front two..... Oh shit sorry forgot, that would make for exciting football. Sorry Mr Levein I spoke out of turn!

Felt sorry for him a lot of the time. Used to get in to good positions and look for the ball, only for Lafferty to try and take it himself from too difficult an angle. There’s was no cohesion between the two. Would like to see him with a proper partner.

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Belge, I'm not doubting what you heard in Linfield.  I'm referring to the allegation, made by Isma's family,  that was well publicised at the time, of racist abuse during a game at Tynecastle, which allegedly came from the area near to tye Directors Box.  I assume Barack is referring to the same incident, if not, I apologise.

No worries mate 

I heard Hearts supporters call him a “coon” six years ago at Hampden. He was playing for St Mirren at the time. Don’t know if that makes it any more acceptable in some people’s eyes or not? Taouile and Ngoo received the same playful nickname.

With regards to any racial abuse amongst our fans,  challenge these fecking idiots as soon as you hear that drivel and get these clowns out our club,  get them reported immediately to a steward 

I’d take him back. Was averaging 1 goal in 3 games in a very poor side with one of the worst midfields we’d had in years. No chance of it happening though.

EDIT: Lafferty also must have been an absolute nightmare as a strike partner hence his 0 assists. With Naismith/Uche in there he’d score more imo

Edited by boag1874

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

With regards to any racial abuse amongst our fans,  challenge these fecking idiots as soon as you hear that drivel and get these clowns out our club,  get them reported immediately to a steward 

Aye, that'll go smoothly with no issues at all. 

fabienleclerq

Isma was a moody *****. 

Decent scoring record and better than some of our options atm but not really a great footballer imo. His passing etc was woeful. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Racist abuse happens at Tynecastle. If it’s ever going to be eradicated you have to take it on good faith, when a complaint is made, that it did happen and call it out. It’s weak to assume that it was simply an unproven allegation as if, somehow, the rules of a courthouse must be applied before you do anything about it.

sandylejambo

I was sorry to hear about "racist abuse" but I can't remember being sorry about him leaving, file alongside most of last seasons players.

1 minute ago, sandylejambo said:

I was sorry to hear about "racist abuse" but I can't remember being sorry about him leaving, file alongside most of last seasons players.

Personally, I’d rather see us work with good players like Isma, and find the best way of getting them to perform for us. Feels like too many obviously good players slip through our hands without having the impact we need. File under Bjorn Johnsen and Juanma for me.

14 hours ago, Chaps said:

Would anyone take him back?

Him and Uche would make a good partership with Naismith playing in behind.

100% yes. A better option than Vanacek or Wighton by a country mile.

Enzo Chiefo
18 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Racist abuse happens at Tynecastle. If it’s ever going to be eradicated you have to take it on good faith, when a complaint is made, that it did happen and call it out. It’s weak to assume that it was simply an unproven allegation as if, somehow, the rules of a courthouse must be applied before you do anything about it.

With regard to that specific allegation then it has yet to be proved that it actually happened.  It could well be that Mrs Goncalves was conflating abuse directed at her husband with racism. As I said at the time, it would beggar belief that racist abuse that was so bad, his family apparently had to leave the ground, would take place within yards of the Directors and Press Box without being reported on. Very hard to believe. The club had to backtrack last season after suspending a couple of fans in Sec N, based on a false allegation from an away club's employee iirc. 

If you are going to take action against someone then yes, court house rules apply. Of course it has to be proved beyond doubt.

Nookie Bear

Think Uche and Isma would be the most frustrating combination ever seen. One or the other is good - together...surely not.

Phil Dunphy
11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I’ve repeatedly said that I witnessed it happen at Firhill. 

34 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Think Uche and Isma would be the most frustrating combination ever seen. One or the other is good - together...surely not.

Maybe Isma and MaGennis would work better? :D

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Maybe Isma and MaGennis would work better? :D

Now we're talking.

Clare just behind them !

He's a talented player who scored some good goals and, as others have noted, was part of a team that didn't exactly lay chances on a plate.

In other words, he has ability which, given the right management and coaching, could repay us.

If he's free, I'd certainly take him back. And if it would annoy those who lazily imagine him to have been a lazy player, a bit like Djoum, that's a bonus.

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’ve repeatedly said that I witnessed it happen at Firhill. 

I've repeatedly said that I am referring to the specific allegation that was made about a game at TYNECASTLE, after which more than one club employee threatened lifetime bans BEFORE they investigated whether there was any truth in the allegation.  What Firhill has to do with Goncalves, I don't know. As the club has not commented any further since then, we can safely assume that Mrs G's  allegation was unfounded.

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

With regard to that specific allegation then it has yet to be proved that it actually happened.  It could well be that Mrs Goncalves was conflating abuse directed at her husband with racism. As I said at the time, it would beggar belief that racist abuse that was so bad, his family apparently had to leave the ground, would take place within yards of the Directors and Press Box without being reported on. Very hard to believe. The club had to backtrack last season after suspending a couple of fans in Sec N, based on a false allegation from an away club's employee iirc. 

If you are going to take action against someone then yes, court house rules apply. Of course it has to be proved beyond doubt.

As said above, when Isma played for us, the players’ families etc. sat in section P. While I can’t prove that Mrs G heard her husband being racially abused, I did hear it when sitting in the section adjacent to P. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

As said above, when Isma played for us, the players’ families etc. sat in section P. While I can’t prove that Mrs G heard her husband being racially abused, I did hear it when sitting in the section adjacent to P. 

I don't doubt what you heard Peebo but the allegation referred to a game at Tynie after the new stand was open, with the players' relatives being housed among the directors and premium seats, within earshot of the press pack. This to me makes the allegation very hard to believe.

44 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't doubt what you heard Peebo but the allegation referred to a game at Tynie after the new stand was open, with the players' relatives being housed among the directors and premium seats, within earshot of the press pack. This to me makes the allegation very hard to believe.

During the 2017/18 season, the new stand was open. The players WAGs etc. sat in section P that season. In his original allegation, he said his brother told him of hearing racist abuse “around October” (2017), and his family heard similar abuse during two or three subsequent games. Our first game in front of the new stand was November 2017.

Isma didn’t play in front of the new stand at a time the WAGs etc. sat by the press pack/directors etc.. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

image.png.7bad1a36d7e8f5ed5c7906447cd69019.png

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, Peebo said:

During the 2017/18 season, the new stand was open. The players WAGs etc. sat in section P that season. In his original allegation, he said his brother told him of hearing racist abuse “around October” (2017), and his family heard similar abuse during two or three subsequent games. Our first game in front of the new stand was November 2017.

Isma didn’t play in front of the new stand at a time the WAGs etc. sat by the press pack/directors etc.. 

So it allegedly  took place at Murrayfield then?? We weren't playing at Tynie until Nov. Something about it  just doesn't add up.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

So it took place at Murrayfield then?? We weren't playing at Tynie until Nov. Something about it  just doesn't add up.

I heard him being racially abused at Tynecastle, in the new main stand. I can’t confirm when anything specific alleged incidents did (or did not) take place. I can, however, confirm that your “it can’t have happened because it would have been reported as it took place near the Directors  and Press boxes” argument is fatally flawed. 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I heard him being racially abused at Tynecastle, in the new main stand. I can’t confirm when anything specific alleged incidents did (or did not) take place. I can, however, confirm that your “it can’t have happened because it would have been reported as it took place near the Directors  and Press boxes” argument is fatally flawed. 

I didn't realise they were sitting in Section P because certainly some players had their relatives in the Premium seats, Martin Keown being one that I saw there. However, it doesn't seem credible that it could have happened and gone unreported until he brought it up in the press, after leaving the club . Not doubting what you heard and there is always going to be the odd idiot. Given the silence since, I think we can assume there was no evidence that the specific allegation happened. 

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I've repeatedly said that I am referring to the specific allegation that was made about a game at TYNECASTLE, after which more than one club employee threatened lifetime bans BEFORE they investigated whether there was any truth in the allegation.  What Firhill has to do with Goncalves, I don't know. As the club has not commented any further since then, we can safely assume that Mrs G's  allegation was unfounded.

Right, so because I heard someone racially abusing him at an away ground, means he wasn’t the victim of racist abuse?

**** me, that’s some logic right there. 

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Right, so because I heard someone racially abusing him at an away ground, means he wasn’t the victim of racist abuse?

**** me, that’s some logic right there. 

My mistake. I thought you were referring to Firhill in the Cup this season. I wondered what the connection to Isma was. My apologies. I don't doubt at all what you heard but I am referring to the specific allegation about abuse at Tynecastle , which could even have been at Murrayfield. 

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wasn't just his brother/family & wife though. Other people in the stands reached out to him via social media, to tell him they'd heard it.

As for social media, he was subjected to worse abuse online on his Instagram around that period and afterwards.

Levein also asked the players if they'd heard anything untoward regarding racist abuse. He admitted it may not have been an isolated incident after checking with other players.

One of Isma's main accusations that his wife heard, was being called a "****ing black." The argument that because the directors or the press never heard this racist abuse directed at Isma, it never occurred, is whataboutery in the extreme. 

A person seated how many seats away... is meant to pick out an individual shout or chant, amongst crowd noise? Do racists only choose to spout their shite when it's quiet in the stadium? Do they want full exposure for their witty racist abuse, or arrested?

Would the guy who shouted "****ing coon" at Bartley at the Hibs game, been done if it wasn't for his ****ing stupidity of recording himself? No. As I doubt those within earshot didn't hear it, yet it seems like none were rushing to kick **** out of him, or have the authorities remove him from the stadium then & there.

Enzo, I hope if you have a child, and God forbid they get sexually assaulted, you never apply your logic to that, in the same manner in which you do of alleged racism going on. Despite facts and testimony of Hearts fans on here.

"Were there witnesses around to see them being sexually assaulted? Well, not sure if I believe my own child then. Sorry."

Hearts fans, racially abused Isma. It's been heard. That's neither here nor there, whether Mrs. Goncalves' version has been verified or not. Once is enough, & to try & slander her reputation, when everyone knows there're a minority of scumbags...(a minority being too many. It's not just a Hearts problem, we all know that) is frankly reprehensible.

:spoton:

The wilfully obtuse of this world rely on people not taking the time to lay these things out in black and white. Most of the time it’s difficult to motivate oneself to bother, but it’s always nice when someone does.

7 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Had one behind me at the final against Celtic. Shouting racial abuse about Eduoard, I turned round and questioned the Chap who clearly had way too much to drink . Don't care if Eduoard is a Celtic player racism is racism and I won't tolerate it near me. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Racism is abhorrent. But there was just something about how Goncalves handled himself, or didn't, until he decided he was leaving, that didn't strike me as right.

Unsatisfactory outcome any which way, and it would be naïve in the extreme to believe Hearts fans are united behind all of our players, and not just based on level of ability.

But I wish Goncalves had highlighted it far earlier. Shame that any of us should even have any doubts, if anything the reasonable people, which I still believe to be the vast majority would have got behind him more.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Racism is abhorrent. But there was just something about how Goncalves handled himself, or didn't, until he decided he was leaving, that didn't strike me as right.

Unsatisfactory outcome any which way, and it would be naïve in the extreme to believe Hearts fans are united behind all of our players, and not just based on level of ability.

But I wish Goncalves had highlighted it far earlier. Shame that any of us should even have any doubts, if anything the reasonable people, which I still believe to be the vast majority would have got behind him more.

If he had highlighted it before he knew he was off, he would have been savaged. You absolutely cannot and must not criticise Hearts supporters. It's a red rag to a bull online. If you dare speak out or point out that some of our fans are contemptible arseholes on occasion, you are rounded on. Everything else is fair game from owner to academy graduates, but god forbid anyone speaks out against the behaviour of some of our supporters.

The most frustrating thing about us attacking, is that Naismith is the only player we seem to have with a good footballing brain. His link up play is second to none, he sees everything going on around him and knows exactly when to pass and bring others into play. I had high hopes for Goncalves and was left a bit disappointed after an encouraging start. Was it him, or was it the players around him? Our link up play is terrible in general, so maybe, just maybe he needed better players around him to bring out the best in him. He definitely had a bit of skill about him, that's for sure.

32 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wasn't just his brother/family & wife though.

I know. I heard it, as stated in another one of my posts. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I know. I heard it, as stated in another one of my posts. 

Not posting to cast doubt, just curious, how long before he left Peebo? It's not a criticism, just a frustration that it wasn't dealt with