Do you live in a mixed football team household & is it a happy home?

Angel eyes

3 hours ago, cheetah said:

Growing up my whole family were knuckle dragging, orange loyal, rangers morons apart from me and my brother.

Now my wife hates football

My father in law is a Sunderland ST holder ( so also hates football)

My 2 sets of folks are either dead or lapsed knuckle draggers (still orange twats though)

Show some respect to the folk on here that are members of the organisation your quite clearly being derogatory to.

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Probably the other way about in my hoose, but then that's because she thinks beating Hearts is a scalp, whereas I really expect us to be beating Aberdeen. No defeats in the relegation season for example, particularly pleasing.

My house and life match this exactly. We started dating in early 2011, so I've enjoyed most of the bragging rights over the years. 

My wife uses the two stars on their shirt as evidence of their so called bigness, even after they've struggled to an unconvincing cup win against Stenhousemuir, for example. Highly amusing. 

Her dedication and loyalty to her wee team keeps married life entertaining... The banter with her and her mates is good fun to be fair. 

48 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Show some respect to the folk on here that are members of the organisation your quite clearly being derogatory to.

My folks are twats and orange, the only disrespect here is to my folks and rangers fans.

35 minutes ago, cheetah said:

My folks are twats and orange, the only disrespect here is to my folks and rangers fans.

It's unfortunate you think like that about your parents and I'm sure you'll have very good reasons therefore I'll leave it at that. 

Hopefully I'm not questioning your intelligence here by stating that not all Rangers fans are fully committed to the Orange Order and it's historical traditions, granted there's an abundance of Bears who are part time Orange but the majority of Lodge Members I know don't support Rangers. 

Anyway I'm sure you'll influence any future generations the maroon way, apologies in advance if I appeared to be too personal. 

Live with my birds folks, and her dads a Hibby. In fairness, he's the first to admit if Hibs never deserved anything from a game or Hearts deserved to win.

Brighton Jambo

My wife and father in law both had season tickets at Ibrox for years.  Luckily as she has got older she has lost interest so both kids are Hearts though I live in Glasgow so that is a watching brief..  Luckily I am about to move jobs to be near Tynecastle so can bombard them with merchandise.

However I am English and she is Scottish and she feels more strongly about that.  I have to work hard to have them supporting England at football.  Not that many on here will sympathise with my plight!

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

It's unfortunate you think like that about your parents and I'm sure you'll have very good reasons therefore I'll leave it at that. 

Hopefully I'm not questioning your intelligence here by stating that not all Rangers fans are fully committed to the Orange Order and it's historical traditions, granted there's an abundance of Bears who are part time Orange but the majority of Lodge Members I know don't support Rangers. 

Anyway I'm sure you'll influence any future generations the maroon way, apologies in advance if I appeared to be too personal. 

Nee bother, as you say i have my reasons.

?

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

My wife and father in law both had season tickets at Ibrox for years.  Luckily as she has got older she has lost interest so both kids are Hearts though I live in Glasgow so that is a watching brief..  Luckily I am about to move jobs to be near Tynecastle so can bombard them with merchandise.

However I am English and she is Scottish and she feels more strongly about that.  I have to work hard to have them supporting England at football.  Not that many on here will sympathise with my plight!

You were doing alright right up until the “however” part.........Freedumb......... ?

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Probably the other way about in my hoose, but then that's because she thinks beating Hearts is a scalp, whereas I really expect us to be beating Aberdeen. No defeats in the relegation season for example, particularly pleasing.

Remember that season well! Especially when young Jordan McGhee scored the winner against them at Tynie. We were driving back from Aberdeen that day if I recall and I couldn’t stop laughing that an 8 year old (or what seemed like 8 year old) had been the difference between the teams! 

We have 2 young kids too (3 years and 6 months) and I’ve already made it clear they will be immersed in maroon! Our 3 year old daughter already knows the full Olly Lee song and loves Avicii, levels ???

N Lincs Jambo
9 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Not quite a mixed household but a mixed family. My dad is a lifelong Celtic fan and was there at every game in 1966/67. He likes to see Hearts do well and he’s been to a couple of games with me. In return I took him on the stadium tour of Parkhead which was quite interesting. Doesn’t cause any friction between us at all.

Similarish story to yours. Dad was a lifelong Celtic fan, mother was Hearts but not really into going to games. I think her first game was at the end of their honeymoon in September 1951 when he took her to see Celtic play Hearts at Parkhead. She had the bragging rights that day though as Hearts won 3-1 with our scorers being Bauld, Conn and Wardhaugh!

When I first started showing an interest in football (around 1970) my old boy was quite happy to take me to Tynecastle. Hearts from that day on. Nowadays my mrs is Hearts (she was Hearts before she met me and all 3 daughters are Hearts though none are die-hards.

Forever Hearts
20 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Girlfriend is a Rangers fan, but she knows the score. 

Kids will support Hearts. No alternative.  

Swap girlfriend for wife and that was me. She now supports Hearts whenever we play Rangers much to her side of the family's annoyance. 

The Gorgie

Until i moved out 2 years ago I've always stayed with my mum and step dad. He's a celtic man so had to put up when him a lot when they pumped us. Mum doesn't follow football but has been to hearts and celtic games, said she wants to sit with the green brigade one time, disowned her that day ?.  Didn't get any better when i go to my dads either as he's also celtic. Thankfully now in my own house its Hearts & Newcastle.

We are all jambo’s in my family and regular attendees where possible . 

There is one exception , my brother who is in Carstairs State Hospital * , has severe personality disorder , schizophrenic tendencies as well gender issues and a serious criminal record ! 

* he isn’t really but it’s better than saying he’s a hibby ! 

queensferryjambo
On 05/06/2019 at 23:01, Paris 84 said:

Are we all of as sudden (as Hearts fans) part of some kind of ‘’arian’ nation’?

Time to get a ****in’ grip. Most of us live in Edinburgh, and there’s two main football teams in Edinburgh, live with it. My Dad and my eldest brother are both Hibbies. My other brother and me (and 100% of our sons and daughter) are Hearts fans. Are we in some way inferior to the pure-bloods among us?

Think the OP was only looking to see if there was some lighthearted stories in mixed households not if we were ready to march on Poland :)

My household is 100% Hearts (no Aryan Nation members though), parents are Hearts but only rarely attend games. 

I do have a couple of Hibs uncles who are really good guys. My brother in law is Celtic and again a great guy.

Never a crossed word about football among us all over the years.

Bazzas right boot

Wife is hibs but cheers on Hearts now. father in law in law hibs, but a bit older so OK with Hearts over the OF. 

Son not interested in football, been to a few games, unfortunately Murrayfield has put him off more. 

Daughter is young, will be Hearts. Was crying watching the cup final as "daddy's team got beat". 

Step brothers are both rangers, like orange marching types, ok guys  now but after a drink or talking about politics turn into Cretins. 

Brother is Hearts. 

Uncles etc are mixed hibs/Hearts. 

No celtic in my family or extended family. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

colinmaroon

Wife (a late convert) son, daughter, grandson 1, twin, grandson 2, granddaughter - all dyed in the wool Jambos.

PTL

Growing up, I was the only football fan in the household. Mum and Brother didn't give a shit. Dad was foreign and looked on everything Scottish (football especially) with utter contempt. So God knows where I got supporting Hearts from. 

Grandad was a Rangers fan, but took me to Tynecastle weekly for about 4/5 years before passing away. 

Luckily now that I have children of my own, the mother is Hearts, her family is Hearts, and the children are Hearts. My wee man's favourite colour is green however and that does terrify me!