Do you live in a mixed football team household & is it a happy home?

Angel eyes

Angel eyes

Is your home dedicated to Hearts and Hearts only or are there non-believers under the same roof? Can you wallow in self pity on your own after Hearts get beat do you dread going home knowing fine well there’s someone there waiting ready to wind you up! Is it all good banter or does it at times just get beyond a joke?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Loaded questions  :)

I do and its fine. I always have the self belief that supporting Hearts even on the darkest days is better than any other team 

Phil Dunphy

Girlfriend is a Rangers fan, but she knows the score. 

Kids will support Hearts. No alternative.  

My stepdaughter and myself are massive Jambos. The wee man is only 3 so a bit young to get it, but he will sing the hearts song happily! 

The Mrs is a lapsed rangers fan. Which is really disappointing as she is related to our very own Tommy Walker. She's happy to see us happy though, if that makes sense. 

Maple Leaf

I've never lived in a house where there was anyone who wasn't a Hearts supporter. 

And I've reached that stage in my life where I can safely say, and never will!

Jambof3tornado

Wife is a sevco fan because of her step dad. Junior was wrapped in a maroon towel at birth!!

13x8ft maroon saltire on his bedroom wall.

The Future's Maroon

My whole family are Hibs fans, my first football game was a Hibs game. I am the only Jambo still alive, it’s great.

Derby Day is amazing!!

Its also banter, and that is as far as it ever goes, it’s a shame some other teams fans can’t behave in that manner?

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Closest I’ve had, is a neighbour (really nice bloke who was a Hibby) that tried to ‘influence’ me in the Hibs direction (failed) when I was a wee boy.

Other than that, no.

:fth:

Byyy The Light

Married in to a car crash of a Hearts/Hibs family.

In time, the world will all be in kilter and my oldest daughter will realise she’s a twat.

Youngest one is clever lass ??

I'm a Jambo , son is a jambo , stepson Rangers , stepson Celtic , grandson almost us, granddaughter has had her best days as a jambo despite being Rangers like her dad so hopefully us

Girlfriend is an Arsenal fan so she's not particularly interested in how Hearts get on. She's been to a couple of games and knows the score with Hibs and the OF. 

Are we all of as sudden (as Hearts fans) part of some kind of ‘’arian’ nation’?

Time to get a ****in’ grip. Most of us live in Edinburgh, and there’s two main football teams in Edinburgh, live with it. My Dad and my eldest brother are both Hibbies. My other brother and me (and 100% of our sons and daughter) are Hearts fans. Are we in some way inferior to the pure-bloods among us?

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Time to get a ****in’ grip. Most of us live in Edinburgh, and there’s two main football teams in Edinburgh, live with it. My Dad and my eldest brother are both Hibbies. My other brother and me (and 100% of our sons and daughter) are Hearts fans. Are we in some way inferior to the pure-bloods among us?

Yes. We’re a proddy club ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

Is your home dedicated to Hearts and Hearts only or are there non-believers under the same roof? Can you wallow in self pity on your own after Hearts get beat do you dread going home knowing fine well there’s someone there waiting ready to wind you up! Is it all good banter or does it at times just get beyond a joke?

No other support is tolerated in my house when it comes to football.

Unknown user

Mrs. S grew up hun, but as a catholic she grew more and more detached and disgusted with the whole thing as the years went by. 

Needless to say I've been on hand, good partner that I am, and took her to Hearts Celtic at the start of the season. We won, she enjoyed it, but she wouldn't describe herself as a jambo.

I'm working on it though.

SpruceBringsteen

Wife is an Aston Villa fan, and I think the English league is for oddball tourists so we're roughly in agreement there.

Mrs and Bairn both Jambos. Same with extended family. Hobos not tolerated. Wife’s old man, sadly no longer with us was Rangers but otherwise maroon.

Cant imagine being married to a Hibs fan. Think it’d be a dealbreaker TBH

The_razors_edge

All Hearts under my roof. Close family on both sides all Hearts. My kids haven’t been given a choice. 2 oldest both had ST’s for the first time last season and went to cup final. Safe to say there’s no turning back for them now. 

Blackford Hearts

Me and my 2 Jambo kids soon to be moving in with girlfriend and her 2 Hibs supporting kids. Hardly a big deal & certainly played no part in decision 

Mr Elwood P

My Mrs supports Love Island, I support watching all the Football. SkyQ, multiple devices, easy life. 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Mine doesn't like football. 

Dunno why I've not murdered her before now, thinking about it.

Hmmmm so it wasn’t an accident the other week is that what your trying to tell us ??‍♂️

John Findlay

Used to when growing up. Me and my dad Hearts. Mum and sisters Hibs.

Now just Hearts. Life is bliss.

doctor jambo

The wife was a rangers fan. I took her to tynie all through our courtship. 

All three kids are jambos.

Wife is now a season ticket holder  at tynecastle.

She new that it was either footie with me on a Saturday , or spend the day on her own.

Wife’s family are Hibs she hates football. Kids are Hearts! Her family started buying the first born hibs stuff when she was young I threw it in the bin and told them to stop wasting their money as she would never wear any of it nor would it be allowed in my house, soon stopped and they’ve never bothered since with the other kids. 

8 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Well, at least you're not over-reacting.

My wife’s a don, having grown up in the north east. She’s actually pretty reserved whenever we lose to Aberdeen (which fortunately isn’t too often) but the same can’t be said about me when we beat them ?

My Mrs and two daughtrers aren't that interested.  I'd say they have Hearts sympathies.  My wee daughter is probably the most interested - she bought herself a Hearts top this season and has a few of the players' signatures, but she's just not interested in going to games.  Probably a good thing as she'd see a different side of her old man.  They all adhere to the family motto 'We Don't Do Green'.

My family bleed maroon. It will never be any other way. My late brother's plaque is in the memorial garden.

chester copperpot

The wife to be and all her family are all staunch Shellick. 

Me and my 2 kids are Hearts born and bred though. Very proud how my 2 are jambos despite being raised in deepest, darkest Glasgow. 

Dalstonjambo

Wife is an Aston Villa fan. Good for her, but my kids won't be. 

My 3 year old likes walking round singing the Hearts are having a party and the hibs are in their beds which raises a tut from my wife almost every time. Hard to hear her over me laughing though. 

Given we live in London my wife has asked me a few times what I will do if the kids get into football and want to go and see a local team. My response is always the same. 'Well they can find someone else to take them as I'll be at Hearts'. 

My family are all Hearts fans, my late dad, grandad, and uncle all have plaques in the remembrance garden. 

Portable Badger
9 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Married in to a car crash of a Hearts/Hibs family.

In time, the world will all be in kilter and my oldest daughter will realise she’s a twat.

Youngest one is clever lass ??

?

Most of my family are rangers fans, my brother in law is a Hibs fan but we get on well, we just don't talk too much about the rivalry although we both love football we just keep that to one side.

My household consists of me and the bird who has no real interest in football so no problems there.

51 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

All my family Celtic supports except my 2 kids and me who bleed maroon 

Nice one Yoda! :wink:

My Mrs isn't really into football, but due to me is Hearts-ish.  Hates Hibs though!  May be linked to a previous boyfriend...

Her old man is Rangers, due to his dad being from the Weege.  Refreshingly not into the "Wearrapeepil" mentality.  In his 80's and a wee bit mutton, so trying to explain the liquidation, you were not relegated line can be hard.

Son is Hearts, my dad is Hearts, his dad was Hearts.

Craig Herbertson
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Wife’s family are Hibs she hates football. Kids are Hearts! Her family started buying the first born hibs stuff when she was young I threw it in the bin and told them to stop wasting their money as she would never wear any of it nor would it be allowed in my house, soon stopped and they’ve never bothered since with the other kids. 

Tough but fair.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

My wife’s a don, having grown up in the north east. She’s actually pretty reserved whenever we lose to Aberdeen (which fortunately isn’t too often) but the same can’t be said about me when we beat them ?

Probably the other way about in my hoose, but then that's because she thinks beating Hearts is a scalp, whereas I really expect us to be beating Aberdeen. No defeats in the relegation season for example, particularly pleasing.

Growing up my whole family were knuckle dragging, orange loyal, rangers morons apart from me and my brother.

Now my wife hates football

My father in law is a Sunderland ST holder ( so also hates football)

My 2 sets of folks are either dead or lapsed knuckle draggers (still orange twats though)

Calebs Grandad
11 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Non believer? Used to be. Under same roof? Technically no as she’s under the patio approx 6 feet from living room window. Good banter? Excellent but all one way. 

Alex Kintner

Not quite a mixed household but a mixed family. My dad is a lifelong Celtic fan and was there at every game in 1966/67. He likes to see Hearts do well and he’s been to a couple of games with me. In return I took him on the stadium tour of Parkhead which was quite interesting. Doesn’t cause any friction between us at all.

Living in Aberdeenshire...

Both my eldest son and I support Hearts. ?

My wife and other 2 sons support Aberdeen. ?

Ex wife is a hibby, unfortunately she brainwashed my daughter and she is one aswell, she’s not allowed round my house?

When I moved to Bath,  the first girlfriend down this was a Bristol City fan as was all her family. Her biological dad was an Aberdeen fan so I told her he was a sheepshagger :qqb006:and she responded (laughing) "he's from Aberdeen not Wales"

I will take that to my grave. :laugh:

13 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

I use this image a lot on social media when I'm in despair with someone's reaction to a reasonable question which results in a huge tangent.

FB_IMG_1495870969196.jpg