Liverpool to play at Murrayfield July 28th ?

CJGJ

47 minutes ago, iain ferguson said:

You should be ashamed of yourself - going to watch a game of football with some excellent players on display and enjoying it! Btw, really enjoyed watching Napoli but they should start hoofing it as brilliant passing and moving is totally overrated!! 

Exactly, Napoli were excellent, Insigne was the pick off the bunch.

I also went to a Preston Athletic pre season friendly a couple of weeks back and I don’t  support them either. 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckydug

• CJGJ

• Nookie Bear

• The Old Tolbooth

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So you enjoy laying into some fellow Hearts fans then

The childish 'plastic' insult is just that... an insult from a child.

I'm happy to say I like football, happy to say I also like football from other sides rather than my own (and please don't act silly and say it's not Hearts) and I'm happy to say that only my own side gives me that little bit extra in terms of feelings both up and down when watching live or otherwise.

I do though follow Liverpool for many reasons including family reasons and have done so for decades and am happy when they win but it's not the same as Hearts (but it is more than any other club side).  There will be quite a few posters on here who are like that (though of course there may be other teams involved)

Not always of course but often it's a basic insecurity that posters who talk about plastic fans have as they seek to feel better about themselves by taking out life's frustrations on others and seeking that little bit of support from small groups who really are no more than trolls but they have that comfort blanket they seek to make themselves feel better.  

Help is out there , seek it and build up enough confidence in yourself that you'll no longer need to 'attack' those fans and why is it you and others never call out the 'plastic' Napoli, Roma, Real Madrid or Barcelona fans for example ..is it just an anti anything English thing ?

There's that indignation I mentioned. I consider you to be a plastic, real Liverpool fans will consider you one too. As I said, knock yourself out my plastic friend.

And yes, I'm famed for my anti Englishness.

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I'm happy to say I like football, happy to say I also like football from other sides rather than my own (and please don't act silly and say it's not Hearts) and I'm happy to say that only my own side gives me that little bit extra in terms of feelings both up and down when watching live or otherwise.

I do though follow Liverpool for many reasons including family reasons and have done so for decades and am happy when they win but it's not the same as Hearts (but it is more than any other club side).  There will be quite a few posters on here who are like that (though of course there may be other teams involved)

Not always of course but often it's a basic insecurity that posters who talk about plastic fans have as they seek to feel better about themselves by taking out life's frustrations on others and seeking that little bit of support from small groups who really are no more than trolls but they have that comfort blanket they seek to make themselves feel better.  

Help is out there , seek it and build up enough confidence in yourself that you'll no longer need to 'attack' those fans and why is it you and others never call out the 'plastic' Napoli, Roma, Real Madrid or Barcelona fans for example ..is it just an anti anything English thing ?

Great post, couldn’t have put it better myself.

I came onto this thread thinking it would be people talking about the game and how well Napoli played but most of the comments came from people who weren’t at the game, have no interest in the game but just want to have a go at fellow Hearts supporters.

Stephane Grappelli
19 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I've been called a plastic Real Madrid fan on here loads of times so that drives a coach and horses through your last sentence.

7 minutes ago, pablo said:

There's that indignation I mentioned. I consider you to be a plastic, real Liverpool fans will consider you one too. As I said, knock yourself out my plastic friend.

Yes every fan and friend I met today shouted out at me 'go home you plastic fan'

It's the same reaction I get at Anfield when I go down to watch Liverpool...…….are they all your friends then ?

As to indig.. sorry indination sorry  'indignation' I'm just glad you could spell it correctly....I get mad at my poor spelling attempts with that word  ..so annoying

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, pablo said:

Real Liverpool fans came up, had a bevy and never went to the game.

Plastic Scottish EPL fans and tourists went to the game.

iain ferguson
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

😂

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's it I'm chucking my so called mate Sean and his two pals out of my house tonight

They came up from Liverpool took advantage of free accommodation and some free drink, went to the match on the pretence of being real Liverpool fans and now I learn they were faking it and have been for years

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

WTF...absolute nonsense.

i know about 20 regulars at anfield who I’ve been out with all weekend....and they all went to the game!

iain ferguson
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I would ignore this as obviously on the wind up. Good to hear that so many enjoyed a friendly between teams from other leagues. 

I can’t believe folk are getting their panties so twisted about this game. I would loved to have brought my son along to this, mainly to see Napoli, as they are a very, very good side. And also as I love football.

Tommy Walker

I'm continuously amazed at the number of negative people/remarks on this and most other threads

...quite sad as there's generally little attempt to be constructive

...whatever rocks your boat !

Best

TW.

I also never paid close to £67 and thoroughly enjoyed seeing class players like Insigne. Not a Liverpool fan, plastic or otherwise. Good afternoon.

Fozzyonthefence
57 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Lol, what a load of shite!  You have a go at me for using the term “comfort blanket” at glory hunters having a 2nd team from another country yet there you are using the same term towards fellow fans you know absolutely nothing about.  What a hyprocite!

You know nothing about any insecurities other posters may or may not have.  Spare us the amateur psychology lesson.

Fwiw, I don’t have any problem with people going to watch other teams but the plastics giving it the “we” this, “we” that chat and the fake anger and hatred to other English (or, on here, even Spanish) rivals really is cringeworthy.  Guys that have never set foot in Liverpool, or Manchester, never mind Annfield or Old Trafford, literally frothing at the mouth at the mere mention of Man U or Liverpool.

I don’t know anyone that claims to be a Napoli, Roma, Real Madrid or Barcelona fan but know plenty that claim to be Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Arsenal or Chelsea fans that don’t even bother to go and watch their Scottish teams.

Anyway, you sound like you’re not actually a plastic so hope you enjoyed the game.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Plastics getting upset about being called plastics.

Wonderful.

This ‘plastic’ stuff is clearly rustling your jimmies, Phil.

Portable Badger

Just arrived back home in Inverness 

I paid £67 for ticket and happily so.  Well worth the money and time. Two excellent teams, some superb skills, control and movement that we can sadly only dream of seeing regularly at Tynecastle.  

I particularly enjoyed applauding some of the Napoli play & goals - because I can appreciate good football no matter who's playing.

We've benefitted from such football lovers coming to watch us - I remember 3 Aberdeen fans next to me when we played Shalke at Murrayfield (cos they wanted to see a top European team play in Scotland and ABZ hadn't qualified) and even the recent Rangers game at Murrayfield there was a Sheffield Wednesday fan sat next to me. He happened to be up in Edinburgh with his wife but loved watching football. So he watched our game and then after it finished he jumped in a taxi to go and watch Spartan play.       Weird fecking bunch aren't they???

7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Wonderful.

So you used to pretend to be Paul Scholes in the play ground?  

I tale it it you’re a plastic but just don’t get upset about it?

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I knew you'd bite at the mention of the comfort blanket comment

This trolling nonsense is easy

It's not trolling on my part.

I genuinely can't understand the mindset of Scottish people supporting English teams. To me Hearts are our team I don't need another more successful team as a comfort blanket to satisfy glory hunting desires.

I have attended matches in England but only as a neutral but to hear Scottish fans talking about English teams as 'we' gives me the boak.

Takes me back to that night against Spurs when Hearts fans were clapping a team that just humiliated us off the park.

It's football ffs not the bloody theatre .

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I genuinely can't understand the mindset of Scottish people supporting English teams. To me Hearts are our team I don't need another more successful team as a comfort blanket to satisfy glory hunting desires.

I have attended matches in England but only as a neutral but to hear Scottish fans talking about English teams as 'we' gives me the boak.

Takes me back to that night against Spurs when Hearts fans were clapping a team that just humiliated us off the park.

I don't get it either,  and the continued globalisation of the big boys surely has to be something for fans in smaller leagues to be wary of, but to each their own eh?

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This is indeed one of the most excruciating things in the world and should result in sterilisation for the guilty party.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That still disgusts me to this day.

indianajones

I can't watch the pre match you'll never walk alone rendition without wanting to spew all over my phone.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think folk on here are getting confused at the difference between plastics and neutrals that just like to watch football.  I’ve attended many games as a neutral rather than pretending to support one of them.

16 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

I paid £67 for ticket and happily so.  Well worth the money and time. Two excellent teams, some superb skills, control and movement that we can sadly only dream of seeing regularly at Tynecastle.  

I particularly enjoyed applauding some of the Napoli play & goals - because I can appreciate good football no matter who's playing.

We've benefitted from such football lovers coming to watch us - I remember 3 Aberdeen fans next to me when we played Shalke at Murrayfield (cos they wanted to see a top European team play in Scotland and ABZ hadn't qualified) and even the recent Rangers game at Murrayfield there was a Sheffield Wednesday fan sat next to me. He happened to be up in Edinburgh with his wife but loved watching football. So he watched our game and then after it finished he jumped in a taxi to go and watch Spartan play.       Weird fecking bunch aren't they???

Well said that badger.

132goals1958
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Couldn't agree more. I have gone to games when down South but could never get emotionally involved. It is tantamount to cheating on the wife. I like to see English teams progressing in Europe but not bothered as such if they are emptied. Watching any random game my preference whether it be a game in Harrison Park or Monday night football will vary on one club being the underdog or a refereeing injustice when I will temporarily nail my colours to the mast to the aggrieved team. Each to their own but having a second team to me is just weird. Hearts have and always will be the love of my life in footballing terms of course. 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

That's it I'm chucking my so called mate Sean and his two pals out of my house tonight

They came up from Liverpool took advantage of free accommodation and some free drink, went to the match on the pretence of being real Liverpool fans and now I learn they were faking it and have been for years

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

So guests come up to sample your hospitality and you sit on your phone on kickback all night?

you must be great company!!!

Wouldn't even go watch Barca v Real in the local park if it was a friendly. Just not my cup of tea, friendly matches... have joined stadium concerts in my list of things I've done many times and wont do again.

Glad some folks enjoyed it 🙂

davemclaren
1 hour ago, smiler said:

To be fair we once clapped Andy Goram  off the field when he played for Hibs for a quite breathtaking display st Tynecastle. 

4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Wonderful.

😂

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

So guests come up to sample your hospitality and you sit on your phone on kickback all night?

you must be great company!!!

:pleasing:

been here before
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair we once clapped Andy Goram  off the field when he played for Hibs for a quite breathtaking display st Tynecastle. 

And sang his name loudly from the shed.

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Good that you had a good day and enjoyed it. However, I think you know that the pricing was all wrong (no matter how many were in attendance). 

There could have been several teams of a higher profile than these two and pricing like that would still be wrong. 

Legend Claws

Was excellent watching Napoli who actually put a lot of effort in. Insigne was brilliant. My 7 year old had a great day, which was the aim.

People on here need to get a grip. Wanting to go and watch two decent sides play as a neutral - what's wrong with that? Yup, it made money for both sides, again, what's the problem?

It must be brutal living so negatively, particularly for those around you in life, if anyone is left that is.

Edited by Legend Claws
Adding point

8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think folk on here are getting confused at the difference between plastics and neutrals that just like to watch football.  I’ve attended many games as a neutral rather than pretending to support one of them.

Precisely.  I was there as a neutral to see some quality players.

Napoli impressed me and I applauded there play.  Some real quality in their team and Liverpool were lucky it wasn't 6.

There were a number of grown Scottish men fully kitted out getting upset over this.  On bus home I was talking to someone I knew about how much better Napoli were and some local bint shouted almost in tears about Mane, Salah and Firmino not playing.  That is your plastics for you.

Regal Kingston

I just don’t get people supporting another team. Like cheating on your bird. 

A lot of promiscuous football supporters on here. 😂

Ive been to games as a neutral and have enjoyed the experience but it’s just not the same as watching Hearts. Paying £67 to attend a cynical money making friendly is another level. I can understand why people are annoyed. 

You’re all part of the problem. 

15 minutes ago, Regal Kingston said:

Ive been to games as a neutral and have enjoyed the experience but it’s just not the same as watching Hearts. Paying £67 to attend a cynical money making friendly is another level. I can understand why people are annoyed. 

You could have paid £28 adult and £12 under 16.

People paying £67 have too much money! 😬

29 minutes ago, Regal Kingston said:

Under Levein that is most certainly true

So basically, the global franchise of Premiership/Champions League Marched into Edinburgh, took a wedge of cash and a percentage of our young supporters Hearts and minds and ****ed off. We're supposed to see this as a good thing?

Went yesterday (with kids) - can honestly say it was an absolute waste of money/time.

Scouse fans sitting on their hands for the most part whilst their team were picked off on the counter frequently. I was also surprised they didn't turn up in their home kit - this was supposed to be a home friendly for them. I thought this would have been a bit of a celebration event with some additional entertainment given it was their big UK friendly. It wasn't anything more than a corporate event.

My kid wanted to see Liverpool and tickets for Anfield are supposed to be really difficult to obtain so we achieved the goal of seeing them I guess.

John Findlay
9 hours ago, smiler said:

1976. SV Hamburg got applauded off the park too. Why? We appreciated the football they played. They went on to win the competition Cup Winners Cup and then signed Kevin Keegan from Liverpool. 

Got a free ticket last minute so went along. Typical pre season family friendly. Folk cheering when Napoli scored. Napoli played some decent football. Liverpool were poor. Enjoyed the bonus that the plastics never got to see Liveroool score. 

Holyrood_Hearts

Haha what a place this is!

I went to the game yesterday & despite the final score (although it is only a friendly) really enjoyed the game. Liverpool were decent but thought Napoli were superb, couple of excellent goals & in reality could’ve scored more. 

The Old Tolbooth

So many bitters on this thread that it's laughable, it's threads like this that really bring out all the numpties on here :lol: 

Plenty people went along yesterday and had a great time, really enjoyed the experience, personally I thought Liverpool were awful and looked miles off the pace, and I was hoping that Senegal, Brazil, and Egypt were all knocked out of their international tourneys early so we could get the squad together and get a proper pre season, and I really think it could hamper the start of the league campaign too (I think Mane has played something like around 100 games in a calendar year). 

As for a spectacle as a whole, it was a brilliant thing for Edinburgh as a city to host, and I hope they do it again next year too, whether it be Man City, Spurs, or Arsenal etc, I'd probably go along to that as well, the only one I wouldn't bother getting out of bed to watch is Man United. 

As for folk moaning there was no alcohol sold at the game, big deal! There's never any sold at Scottish games and it was well advertised before the game too. 

Holyrood_Hearts
11 hours ago, The Fox said:

Anyone go to the so called fanzone?

Arrivedat 130pm to discover 

1. No bar or alcoholic drinks sold

2. Photos with champions league cup queue had closed by 2pm. 

3. Was nothing there but food stalls and a singer

Worse thing was once in there you couldn't get out without losing your ticket.

Missed a trick there as loads of families there who never go to football.  Big disappointment 

Agreed on the Fanzone. It must’ve made an absolute fortune on food & merchandise.