Liverpool to play at Murrayfield July 28th ?

CJGJ

I’d be very surprised if any regular Hearts match attending fans go to this match. Actually I’d be surprised if any regular match attending fans (of any club) go to it!!

Who would pay a lot of money to watch a training match?? Perhaps £10 but no more!

If by some unfortunate chain of events you do attend take care of your, watch, wallet and hub caps!! There will be some opportunists taking advantage of ‘football match virgins’!!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckydug

• CJGJ

• Nookie Bear

• The Old Tolbooth

3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I lost most interest in English football several years ago. Can't see the attraction in watching multi-millionaires in a soul-less arena surrounded by tourists. 

Needless to say, if Man Utd were playing Real Madrid at Murrayfield and the tickets were £10 a pop, I still wouldn't be that arsed to go.

They turned shite so you lost interest.:clyay:

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

If by some unfortunate chain of events you do attend take care of your, watch, wallet and hub caps!! There will be some opportunists taking advantage of ‘football match virgins’!!

You'll probably find a considerable number of fans from all over Scotland coming to see the six times European Champions and Napoli. And I'll bet they regularly watch their own favourite teams.  And your pathetic stereotyping of Liverpudlians was just that, pathetic. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

18 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

200-300 Liverpool hooligans coming to Edinburgh "just in case" Napoli do what they always do against Liverpool 🥊

Hopefully it goes better for them than the time they appeared in Edinburgh alongside Celtic fans. Over ten years ago now though. 

Portable Badger
8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’d be very surprised if any regular Hearts match attending fans go to this match. Actually I’d be surprised if any regular match attending fans (of any club) go to it!!

Who would pay a lot of money to watch a training match?? Perhaps £10 but no more!

Sad post my friend.   Ive been a Hearts ST holder since '79.  I'll be at the EF game and I'll be at Murrayfield on Sunday in the extortionate £67 seats.  Get over it !!

jimmy the jambo

I’ll be there too for what it’s worth,After Wednesday’s game & tomorrow’s game,I’ll probably need something to look forward too.

dunciboyjambo
19 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Mate of mine has two available - East stand E7 K. Two seats together £67 each (face value)

£67 each? Is this gen up? I thought they were only £30ish... I'd pay £67 for the two but not £67 each mate... Purely just going for a day sesh in Edinburgh with my mate..

Portable Badger
10 minutes ago, dunciboyjambo said:

£67 each? Is this gen up? I thought they were only £30ish... I'd pay £67 for the two but not £67 each mate... Purely just going for a day sesh in Edinburgh with my mate..

They're my mates tickets but yes that is true they are £67 each.   They are the posh seats on the centre line hence the huge differential I guess  I can email him to see if he's willing to sell them both to you for £67 for the pair but I'm not sure what his response will be.  If he is willing to them I'll PM you.

Edited by Portable Badger

Brave Hearts
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Been going the Hearts games since late 1960’s and ST holder for over 30 years and attended last 2 home league cup section games.

I’m going to the Liverpool game.

I’ve got a £22 ticket but would have paid much more to see a game with the current Champions League winners.

After paying £12 for us against Stenhousemuir (which I class as a ‘competitive friendly’) and watching lower level of players not at their peak, I gladly pay much more to see a game with the quality players that will be on show  on Sunday even if it lacks the ‘competitive’ aspect.

Phil Dunphy
9 hours ago, benny said:

They turned shite so you lost interest.:clyay:

My interest waned around 2011, when I went to Old Trafford for the penultimate time. Felt like a tourist attraction, rather than a football match. 

Not for me. Give me Ross County v St Johnstone over Man Utd v Chelsea any day. 

dunciboyjambo
41 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

They're my mates tickets but yes that is true they are £67 each.   They are the posh seats on the centre line hence the huge differential I guess  I can email him to see if he's willing to sell them both to you for £67 for the pair but I'm not sure what his response will be.  If he is willing to them I'll PM you.

Sound mate appreciate that.. £67 is pretty expensive for a friendly, I don't even think our prices for the semi against Celtic were anywhere near that?

But hey, they have managed to sell out so fair play to whoever is pocketing the profits!

Edited by dunciboyjambo

46 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

After paying £12 for us against Stenhousemuir (which I class as a ‘competitive friendly’)...

Competitive friendly?

It’s a game in one of the only two competitions we can win. One that we have somehow managed to avoid winning for over half a century.

The concept is absurd. Maybe it’s no surprise that we drift along on a sea of mediocrity from season to season if the management gets this message from our support.

Sorry, off topic.

Midloth_Iain
4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And your pathetic stereotyping of Liverpudlians was just that, pathetic. 

Maybe he was talking about the residents of Murrayfield, Roseburn and Stenhouse ?😎

Brave Hearts
1 minute ago, leginten said:

Competitive friendly?

It’s a game in one of the only two competitions we can win. One that we have somehow managed to avoid winning for over half a century.

The concept is absurd. Maybe it’s no surprise that we drift along on a sea of mediocrity from season to season if the management gets this message from our support.

Sorry, off topic.

Just look at the attendance levels at these games against the level of opposition along with the expected levels of fitness during preseason. 

Regardless of them being competitive games, No wonder folk don’t go to them. And yes folk are on holiday but not half our support. 

Irrespective of my views on this, I still attend these games.

Tokyo Drifter
11 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I was gonna take the kids but the price of the tickets put me off. Plus they only had the rubbish seats left. Plus I know from bitter experience what a dreadful place Murrayfield is to watch football, even when it's the glorious Reds.

Just now, Brave Hearts said:

Just look at the attendance levels at these games against the level of opposition along with the expected levels of fitness during preseason. 

Regardless of them being competitive games, No wonder folk don’t go to them. And yes folk are on holiday but not half our support. 

Irrespective of my views on this, I still attend these games.

We also sometimes struggle for attendances and lower ticket prices for early rounds of the Scottish Cup against lower league opposition. Are they also “competetive friendlies”?

Brave Hearts
24 minutes ago, leginten said:

We also sometimes struggle for attendances and lower ticket prices for early rounds of the Scottish Cup against lower league opposition. Are they also “competetive friendlies”?

No, because games then during the season.

Just now, Brave Hearts said:

No, because games then during the season.

So the League Cup games are not part of the season??

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, leginten said:

Competitive friendly?

Sorry, off topic.

Maybe our country deserves its poor football teams when adults would rather spend a quarter the cost of a season ticket to watch James Milner than follow their local team. 

I know Brave Heart is a Hearts season ticket holder so this doesn’t apply to him, but it does to thousands of others. 

dunciboyjambo
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe our country deserves its poor football teams when adults would rather spend a quarter the cost of a season ticket to watch James Milner than follow their local team. 

I know Brave Heart is a Hearts season ticket holder so this doesn’t apply to him, but it does to thousands of others. 

It's up to the individual what they spend their hard earned cash on, drinking, gambling, pre-season friendlies, season tickets, holidays, woman... Whatever! 

So does that mean all the rest of us who spend a lot following our clubs deserve poor football? Or because I've decided to go watch a sporting event at Murrayfield with two teams I don't care about that the country deserves poor football because I've not spent it on my club in this instance?

Get a grip ma man!

Brave Hearts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49129123

Scottish Rugby have "given some consideration" to bidding to host a Champions League final at Murrayfield, says chief operating officer Dominic McKay.

A pre-season friendly between Liverpool and Napoli on Sunday has sold out the 67,000-seat ground in Edinburgh.

McKay says Scottish Rugby has also discussed the possibility of hosting a major international football match.

"We would always welcome conversations with any rights holder," he said.

"Whether that's the European Cup, or the Rugby World Cup, we're open for business and we want to make sure this wonderful asset is enjoyed by as many people as possible."

Murrayfield hosted Celtic's European games while Parkhead was used for the 2014 Commonwealth Games, as well as Hearts' matches while Tynecastle was being redeveloped. It also played host to a Scottish League Cup semi-final between those two clubs last October.

The Scottish FA had examined the possibility of moving to Murrayfield before coming to an agreement with Queen's Park for the purchase of the national football stadium at Hampden Park in Glasgow.

And McKay said any bid for football matches would have to be done after talks with the Scottish FA.

"We have a great relationship with our friends at the SFA and collaboration is very important," McKay told BBC Scotland. "Whatever we do in future, we're likely to do in collaboration.

"We'd be delighted to host any major events. It's something we're always keeping under constant review. A Champions League final coming to Edinburgh would be fitting of a country and the city."

Brave Hearts

With us getting last seasons League Cup semi final moved to Murrayfield and that game being sold out between the Jambos and the tic’s, then now followed by a sold out friendly game between current Champions League winners Liverpool and Napoli, I’m all for promoting big game football being played in Edinburgh.

Great news for fans of football not just parochial fans.

been here before
20 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

Been going the Hearts games since late 1960’s and ST holder for over 30 years and attended last 2 home league cup section games.

I’m going to the Liverpool game.

I’ve got a £22 ticket but would have paid much more to see a game with the current Champions League winners.

After paying £12 for us against Stenhousemuir (which I class as a ‘competitive friendly’) and watching lower level of players not at their peak, I gladly pay much more to see a game with the quality players that will be on show  on Sunday even if it lacks the ‘competitive’ aspect.

What other oxymorons have you made up?

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's freedom of choice to spend your money as you see fit. What a terribly parochial and narrow minded outlook. 

Nookie Bear
55 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's freedom of choice to spend your money as you see fit. What a terribly parochial and narrow minded outlook. 

I think football is very parochial by nature - that’s half the fun of it. And of course anyone can spend money where they like 👍🏻

It’s just embarrassing to hear our fans dissing our players and competition, especially when they don’t see the connection between the lack of money in Scottish football and ploughing cash into the English game. 

The Real Maroonblood
On 25/07/2019 at 23:08, Jambo-Fox said:

Hub caps.

:laugh:

Bathgate station was the busiest I have seen it for football fans.

At Waverley between platform 13 and 14 the queue for customers getting tickets at their end of their journey is horrendous.

Looks like this could be an yearly event at Murryfield.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
On 27/07/2019 at 06:30, Seymour M Hersh said:

Obviously it's freedom of choice, it would be silly to criticise someone for their decision if they were being somehow forced into it. 

On 26/07/2019 at 10:43, Kid Creole said:

Maybe he was talking about the residents of Murrayfield, Roseburn and Stenhouse ?😎

well if the clowns dont move their cars so i can get out of my space there wont be much left of them. inconsiderate barstewards 

Sexton Hardcastle

Pleasing all the plastic fans there to witness a skudding.

Best league in the world and all that...

TwigTheWonderKid
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Are there lots of Liverpudlian's in the crowd?

Don't know if there's lots but there was a decent squad of them in Roseburn park this morning. TBF they were in good spirits and a few of them kicked the ball about with my wee one.

Nucky Thompson

Hearts song getting belted out by Hearts and Liverpool fans in the Roseburn bar.

Plastic Celtic fans getting put in their place by the Scoucers

gashauskis9

You can hear a pin drop on that stream.  The thousands of pretend Liverpool fans who’ve never been further south of Blackpool clearly not impressed.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Hearts song getting belted out by Hearts and Liverpool fans in the Roseburn bar.

Plastic Celtic fans getting put in their place by the Scoucers

Scousers getting put in their place by Napoli by the sounds of it.  All these plastics getting fleeced to see “their team” for the first time will be raging (half my son’s football team are there).  Klopp oot!

On 25/07/2019 at 23:08, Jambo-Fox said:

Football has moved to this.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Scousers getting put in their place by Napoli by the sounds of it.  All these plastics getting fleeced to see “their team” for the first time will be raging (half my son’s football team are there).  Klopp oot!

Yip. Celtic think they have some kind of connection to Liverpool because they copied the Liverpool song. The fact is Liverpool has a strong Northern Irish connection but most of them lean to the other side.

Celtic fans are as thick as mince

The biggest cringe of a game since Celtic had to play some European ties at Murrayfield. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Liverpool 'fans' will just be happy to be close to their idols. 

We met a few sound scoucers when we played there in the UEFA  cup. They've came up here for the  Murrayfield game but hardly any of them went.

Only here for the bevy

7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We met a few sound scoucers when we played there in the UEFA  cup. They've came up here for the  Murrayfield game but hardly any of them went.

Only here for the bevy

It's a funny time of the year. I've seen quite a few friendlies where fans have travelled in big numbers abroad. Holiday season. 

Edited by Mikey1874

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Mad Klopp oot.

Craig would do better.