Liverpool to play at Murrayfield July 28th ?

CJGJ

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Good spot, and happy to oblige. 

The word I was looking for was “Celtic” :P

?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckydug

• CJGJ

• Nookie Bear

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, ZanderMIM said:

There will be a lot of Liverpool and a few Napoli I reckon, add on people in Edinburgh and Glasgow.. it’s a day out in the capital it will be busy.

67k busy ?

Mind you do Liverpool not have some sort of cringe brotherhood kind of thing with Celtic ?

I seem to remember them all holding hands and singing YNWA together a while back. Gerry Marsden led the choir I believe.

So if some of their brothers from the west turn up it should boost the crowd.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

67k busy ?

Mind you do Liverpool not have some sort of cringe brotherhood kind of thing with Celtic ?

I seem to remember them all holding hands and singing YNWA together a while back. Gerry Marsden led the choir I believe.

So if some of their brothers from the west turn up it should boost the crowd.

It’s more Celtic thinking they have an affinity with Liverpool. I believe the scousers couldn’t give a shite about them.

John Findlay
8 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It’s more Celtic thinking they have an affinity with Liverpool. I believe the scousers couldn’t give a shite about them.

Is the correct answer.

Portable Badger
On 06/06/2019 at 23:48, stirlo said:

This is a rather bizarre fixture IMO and I'll be interested to see what ticket sales are like. Can't see the appeal myself. 

I watched Liverpool play the Malaysia National Team in KL a few years back - The stadium was sold out in two days. 50,000 Malaysians supporting Liverpool against their own country.

All of these international friendlies is about taking their brands globally for fans to see them play live. No different than NFL games being played at Wembley, Scotland playing internationals at pittodrie, etc....

This will sell out easily in my opinion.  I'm organising going with 11 friends and their kids.  We want to see world-class quality players playing in our home city when the opportunity arises.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I watched Liverpool play the Malaysia National Team in KL a few years back - The stadium was sold out in two days. 50,000 Malaysians supporting Liverpool against their own country.

All of these international friendlies is about taking their brands globally for fans to see them play live. No different than NFL games being played at Wembley, Scotland playing internationals at pittodrie, etc....

This will sell out easily in my opinion.  I'm organising going with 11 friends and their kids.  We want to see world-class quality players playing in our home city when the opportunity arises.

Scotland playing at Pittodrie?

Its about selling the brand to other countries. Dave is right - it’s a common thing but doesn’t sit right that we are so happy to accommodate. But I suppose the EPL tide is relentless so we may as well sell a few cheap scarves to rip off the fanboys even more. 

Portable Badger
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Its about selling the brand to other countries. Dave is right - it’s a common thing but doesn’t sit right that we are so happy to accommodate. But I suppose the EPL tide is relentless so we may as well sell a few cheap scarves to rip off the fanboys even more. 

No I can understand it doesn't sit easily for some people. Personally I'm happy for them to be friendlies but I draw the line when it comes to domestic games playing abroad - (iirc and stand to be corrected) as was muted for the Spanish Cup to be played in the US.

The Old Tolbooth
11 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Bang on the money, in fact when Hearts were down playing at Anfield in 2012, we were in one of their pubs, about maybe 15 of us, and we started singing, "It's a Liverpool song, it's a Liverpool song, fark off Celtic, it's a Liverpool song", in reference to YNWA, and they all joined in with us, there was certainly no love shown for them on that occasion, and there's very little love shown for them on any other occasions either, they couldn't care less what they get up to, in fact, the amount of Liverpool fans I've spoken to since the day we played them that have said they look out for Hearts' results these days, is quite something else, and always makes me feel chuffed. 

been here before
27 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Bang on the money, in fact when Hearts were down playing at Anfield in 2012, we were in one of their pubs, about maybe 15 of us, and we started singing, "It's a Liverpool song, it's a Liverpool song, fark off Celtic, it's a Liverpool song", in reference to YNWA, and they all joined in with us, there was certainly no love shown for them on that occasion, and there's very little love shown for them on any other occasions either, they couldn't care less what they get up to, in fact, the amount of Liverpool fans I've spoken to since the day we played them that have said they look out for Hearts' results these days, is quite something else, and always makes me feel chuffed. 

Naaahhhh   next thing you'll be expecting us to believe the Speshul Relashunships they have with St Pauli, Barcelona, Dortmund and god knows how many more are all basically one way unrequited love affairs where fans of the above really dont give 2 fxxks aboute the GFITW.

Im not having that.

Edited by been here before

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

So you were basically singing a Liverpool song when Hearts were playing...against Liverpool ?

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Clubs actually disrupt their pre season plans to play these games. All about the money. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So you were basically singing a Liverpool song when Hearts were playing...against Liverpool ?

Not the way Im reading it. They were singing about YKWA.

siegementality

Quite why people are getting their knickers in a twist about this is beyond me!

The opportunity to watch the Champions League winners v a quality Italian team more or less on your doorstep!! I’ll be going.

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, been here before said:

Not the way Im reading it. They were singing about YKWA.

How cosy.

The Old Tolbooth
22 hours ago, been here before said:

Naaahhhh   next thing you'll be expecting us to believe the Speshul Relashunships they have with St Pauli, Barcelona, Dortmund and god knows how many more are all basically one way unrequited love affairs where fans of the above really dont give 2 fxxks aboute the GFITW.

Im not having that.

Some folk are just so blinkered with hatred they can't see anything other than that, I'm actually glad I don't live my life with so much hatred and bile. 

22 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

No, read it again properly, ta :thumbsup: 

Samuel Camazzola
On 07/06/2019 at 20:34, Shaggy2 said:

I’ve no problem with Liverpool or Napoli coming to Edinburgh but it should be to play Hearts or Hibs, not each other. We may be shite, we may enjoy seeing top players but we’re not a country where football requires promoting like this. Liverpool is 4 hours down the road, FFS, so there’s no excuse for plastics not to go see them at their own ground in preseason. If their pitch isn’t ready they should play at Goodison or not at all. 

I believe the game was earmarked for Spurs' new stadium on this date but due unavailability, they had to find an alternative venue. 

On 08/06/2019 at 00:33, Big Slim Stylee said:

This, & a bit like the hobo love-in with their weegie scum cousins.

maroonsgotop

Liverpool been given South Stand. Napoli 3 sections in North Lower. Liverpool fans can buy from tomorrow. General sale starts Wednesday, maximum of 8 tickets per purchase. No prices that I can see. Details on Ticketmaster.

Don’t understand why Napoli are their opponents at Festival time. Why not Edinburgh Select? These games were very good in years gone by.

In fact they were annual affairs and good attractive fixtures.

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, TNCASTLE said:

Don’t understand why Napoli are their opponents at Festival time. Why not Edinburgh Select? These games were very good in years gone by.

In fact they were annual affairs and good attractive fixtures.

Oh you can just imagine the global millions tuning in to that ?

Murrayfield would have to be segregated into 3 parts: Hearts, Hibs and Liverpool. 

No way could I sit with emailing scuttlers. Scousers, perhaps, but Hibs.nutters...that'll be shining bright. :sterb119:

Edited by martoon

23 minutes ago, martoon said:

Murrayfield would have to be segregated into 3 parts: Hearts, Hibs and Liverpool. 

No way could I sit with emailing scuttlers. Scousers, perhaps, but Hibs.nutters...that'll be shining bright. :sterb119:

No wonder the Scottish game is stuffed..

Would be little different if it was a Newcastle/Sunderland, Manchester, Sheffield or Bristol select being proposed, I would imagine.

On 07/06/2019 at 11:33, I P Knightley said:

Schoolboy error - whilst you may be correct that the intention of the national association is to further the game in their own nation, it's pretty clear that the Scottish FA is inept and seems to exist only to further the interest of two teams and one city. They should be embarrassed that the switched on lads at Murrayfield have stolen a march on them.

It's not a competitive game, it's an entertainment event. No different, in my view, to a concert by someone like the Rolling Stones or any band with global appeal - great to have it in Edinburgh during tourist season. It's not taking anything away from local clubs and, as others have said, the marketing boys and girls at HMFC should be having a conflab today about how they can capitalise on 40,000 or so people with an interest in football within a mile of Tynecastle Park.

Fact of the matter is, Murrayfield is rightly recognised as a top venue by people outside of Scotland. Hampden is recognised for the shitheap it is. 

3 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

Pre sale tickets released this morning prices for an adult £28 - £67 !!!!!!!

:cornette:

How much was our Barcelona match.

Nookie Bear

I should be irritated by those prices for a friendly but i think it's funny to see the EPL-following fanboys getting their wallets pinched :robboyas:

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Got 3 adult tickets and 2 under 16s. 

£39 for adults and £11 for kids. 

If you're happy to pay that then fair enough, this isn't aimed at you but I find it a bit depressing that people are willing to pay to have their kids' hearts stolen away from their local teams.

I live in central Scotland and see buses leaving for OF games every week while Falkirk, Stennie, East Stirling, Stirling Albion all struggle for support, and it seems like we're sleepwalking towards the same thing on a bigger scale. 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If you're happy to pay that then fair enough, this isn't aimed at you but I find it a bit depressing that people are willing to pay to have their kids' hearts stolen away from their local teams.

I live in central Scotland and see buses leaving for OF games every week while Falkirk, Stennie, East Stirling, Stirling Albion all struggle for support, and it seems like we're sleepwalking towards the same thing on a bigger scale. 

Nothing like making a drama out of a pre season friendly

You and people like Nookie Bear really need to live in the real world...sleepwalking towards what given crowds are at their highest in Scotland for years

This type of fixture takes place every season in different countries around the world but on JKB the feeling of a tiny minority really just goes overboard

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You and people like Nookie Bear really need to live in the real world...sleepwalking towards what given crowds are at their highest in Scotland for years

This type of fixture takes place every season in different countries around the world but on JKB the feeling of a tiny minority really just goes overboard

In fairness, this must be the first time two major clubs have played an exhibition match on our doorstep, hence the attention 'people like me' are giving it.

Walter Bishop
31 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Both Kids have season tickets at Tynecastle? 

I was planning taking along the family for this one - right up until I seen the prices.

I'm sure it'll sell out, but I won't be there :D 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Both Kids have season tickets at Tynecastle? 

As I said, not aimed at you

The Old Tolbooth
10 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I was planning taking along the family for this one - right up until I seen the prices.

I'm sure it'll sell out, but I won't be there :D 

Kids tickets are £11, that's decent, and if you wait for the public sale you'll get tickets at £28 (plus the rip off handling fee), I do get why folks wouldn't pay all that though, it's only a friendly and Salah and Mane probably won't be involved. 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Kids tickets are £11, that's decent, and if you wait for the public sale you'll get tickets at £28 (plus the rip off handling fee), I do get why folks wouldn't pay all that though, it's only a friendly and Salah and Mane probably won't be involved. 

The lowest priced are crap seats though IMO. I don't follow any particular english team, just thought it's be a good chance to take the family to a game, but not at the prices for the seats I'd want to sit in.

Frees up seats for others too :thumbsup:

letsalldothebeattie

Sisters Birthday sorted she will love this being a massive Liverpool fan. Me on the other hand as a United fan couldn't think of anything worse than having to sit with this lot but I will have to

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Sisters Birthday sorted she will love this being a massive Liverpool fan. Me on the other hand as a United fan couldn't think of anything worse than having to sit with this lot but I will have to

Let's hope there's plenty of Liverpool songs for you :lol: 

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Let's hope there's plenty of Liverpool songs for you :lol: 

Be like sitting listening to Celtic fans but with a smidge less sectarian to the songs

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Be like sitting listening to Celtic fans but with a smidge less sectarian to the songs

Taking it well then :lol: 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Basically : "I'm a Liverpool fanboy, and I'm sick of having to justify myself to people."