Cull begins

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good news that they’ve all gone, frees up wages for a better player. Nothing against any of them but its just the way it is.

Respect to Hughes though who’s had a fantastic career, would have him back as a coach in the future

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• jambonian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

Good news that they’ve all gone, frees up wages for a better player. Nothing against any of them but its just the way it is.

Respect to Hughes though who’s had a fantastic career, would have him back as a coach in the future

Not really been keeping track of contract length. Were any of them ‘paid up’?

58 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Possibly however that may have hampered the development of Mulraney who has improved greatly since getting regular football.

I would have played him on the opposite side as Mulraney tbh. Two pacy skilful wingers I think was a must with so little drive and creativity from central midfield. Means Clare isn’t pushed out wide either.

3 hours ago, Boris said:

Direct free kick v ICT?

3 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Was it not a penalty? Can’t remember a specific game but sure it was a pen 

Free kick against Hamilton at Tynecastle

Edited by Thommo414

Hopefully we can get in some more useless players to replace them.  We've replaced sammon with Vanecek which is a great signing for our sideline XI, Aidy White has potential but I still expect our amazing scouting network to bring in some expensive dross over the next couple months.

rudi must stay

Good luck to them all 

Hughes was a decent servant and gave his all in a Hearts shirt, a shame we got him many years past his best

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Good luck to them all 

Hughes was a decent servant and gave his all in a Hearts shirt, a shame we got him many years past his best

This. ?

A_A wehatethehibs

Too much disrespect for Hughes, he has given a decent couple of years service and John Souttar has said publicly how he was very influential on his development. Souttar is now Hearts best player so I think folk should show a bit more respect for a top pro and a good guy who is well liked at Hearts, Aaron Hughes. Maybe we will welcome him back as a coach one day, if he’s looking to keep playing he could do a job for an Inverness, Dundee or Dundee United in the championship looking to help their young players improve and get promoted. Look at Don Cowie he was starting to look past it for Hearts but was a good signing for Ross County this season playing 29 games, shows you the difference it makes being down at that level. 

Thank you for your service Mr Aaron Hughes and good luck. 

As for the others, good riddance. Sammon has to go down as the worst signing of the Budge era. He’s up there with Beniusis and Witteveen. Mitchell has a very questionable mentality and Shaugnessy could be OK but is nowhere near Dunne, Souttar, Halkett. If Hearts have a chance to get Dunne back we should go for it

Rocky jamboa

Its actually quite annoying to think of how much money we've wasted on players, in particular, guys like sammon, Martin and now seemingly vanacek. 

Good to see sammon finally off the wage bill but ridiculous we have another year of paying big wages to Martin and is it 3 more years for vanacek? Nuts! 

The scouting/recruitment process needs to be looked into. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why we never went with the Holy Trinity of Sammon, Mclean and Vanacek is beyond me.

Harsh that you are putting Mclean in Sammon and Vaneceks Category. 

Even I slated the signing of Sammon.

He’s had 15 good games of form in his entire career entirely propped up by another player - Eremenko.

The amount of chances he missed at the start of his first season with us essentially saw us pumped from Europe and drop 5 to 10 points in the league.

41 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Too much disrespect for Hughes, he has given a decent couple of years service and John Souttar has said publicly how he was very influential on his development. Souttar is now Hearts best player so I think folk should show a bit more respect for a top pro and a good guy who is well liked at Hearts, Aaron Hughes. Maybe we will welcome him back as a coach one day, if he’s looking to keep playing he could do a job for an Inverness, Dundee or Dundee United in the championship looking to help their young players improve and get promoted. Look at Don Cowie he was starting to look past it for Hearts but was a good signing for Ross County this season playing 29 games, shows you the difference it makes being down at that level. 

Thank you for your service Mr Aaron Hughes and good luck. 

As for the others, good riddance. Sammon has to go down as the worst signing of the Budge era. He’s up there with Beniusis and Witteveen. Mitchell has a very questionable mentality and Shaugnessy could be OK but is nowhere near Dunne, Souttar, Halkett. If Hearts have a chance to get Dunne back we should go for it

This too. ?

(Except the bit about Mitchell, who I rate.)

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Its actually quite annoying to think of how much money we've wasted on players, in particular, guys like sammon, Martin and now seemingly vanacek. 

Good to see sammon finally off the wage bill but ridiculous we have another year of paying big wages to Martin and is it 3 more years for vanacek? Nuts! 

Though vanecek was 18 month deal plus 12 if we wanted.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/vanecek-agrees-to-join-hearts

Edited by Jambof3tornado

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Even I slated the signing of Sammon.

He’s had 15 good games of form in his entire career entirely propped up by another player - Eremenko.

The amount of chances he missed at the start of his first season with us essentially saw us pumped from Europe and drop 5 to 10 points in the league.

He also had a second good run of form at Motherwell on loan from us, where he was scoring a goal again for c10 games.

PhoenixHearts
5 hours ago, saxondale said:

Mitchell would have been really useful this season. Would happily have him back again.

He definitely would have helped, but with him being out, we were forced to see more of what we had in guys like Mulraney, Burns, Hickey etc. All players owned by us. When you're rebuilding a team, I prefer to use your own players that you can keep around long term. No point in builidng a team with loan players having key roles, because you just have to reset next season. Possibly a blessing in disguise.

Bunny Munro
1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

Free kick against Hamilton at Tynecastle

He also scored a penalty Vs Raith in the cup final replay, which I imagine is leading to the confusion.

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Robbie almost deserved sacking just for Sammon alone. 

An utterly horrific signing.

Up there with Willie Jamieson and Husref Musemic. 

Willie Jamieson was OK.

Pitched in with a few goals iirc especially a match saving raker against Celtic.

5 hours ago, jambonian said:

137 appearances in 13 years! 20 goals! Average of 10/11 appearances and 1.5 goals every season through those years? What were we thinking!?

Hes, unfortunately, a complete Hearts signing. Its a joke how many clubs some of our signings over the years have been through. We continually sign journeyman shite. 

Riccarton3
6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I wonder how much Sammon has cost us for zero return.  

try 'Wonderin' ' by Neil Young, great wee song.

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Whatever the wages paid it was wasted money but I'd like to hear what Martin was on for you to call it "big".

6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Should free up a significant amount in wages.

Still can't believe Neilson signed Connor Sammon.

I doubt it will be as much as you and others think tbh.....

It’s probably somewhere in the region of £200k to £250k a year combined which will just be moved to cover Naismiths salary.

5 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Mental to think that I have only scored one less goal for Hearts than Connor Sammon. 

Yes.  Hate to say it but we've all been a bit disappointed in you.

Pull yer finger oot.  Your partnership with Vanacek is crucial for next season.I ?

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

How that bone idle shit can look at himself in the mirror is beyond me. 

Mind you it shouldn't be a shock as these yellow jacket, yellow streak down their back, Lily livered twats are bone idle as part of their feckin daily life.  

Unless they are protesting that is. 

Feckin merdemaisons...

Well said mon ai, friggin cheeses eating surrender monkeys.

jack D and coke
37 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Willie Jamieson was OK.

Pitched in with a few goals iirc especially a match saving raker against Celtic.

That was a belter of a goal. 

Horrific player :lol: Me and my mates used to pish ourselves laughing at him. He nearly put the ball over the main stand every clearance. No passing whatsoever just lashed it out the park :lol: 

McLean signed some garbage. Brian Hamilton was another of his. Jesus!!!

Edited by jack D and coke

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

How that bone idle shit can look at himself in the mirror is beyond me. 

Mind you it shouldn't be a shock as these yellow jacket, yellow streak down their back, Lily livered twats are bone idle as part of their feckin daily life.  

Unless they are protesting that is. 

Feckin merdemaisons...

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Well said mon ai, friggin cheeses eating surrender monkeys.

You should try living here!

More feckin strikes than the world champion ten pin bowler.

The Comedian

Sammon was a disgrace of a signing. He's pish and everyone knew it but we gave him a three year deal. Bewildering stuff.

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That was a belter of a goal. 

Horrific player :lol: Me and my mates used to pish ourselves laughing at him. He nearly put the ball over the main stand every clearance. No passing whatsoever just lashed it out the park :lol: 

McLean signed some garbage. Brian Hamilton was another of his. Jesus!!!

Crap but he did at least score a goal that kept us up at the end of the season. That's the thing, these boys were rubbish but at least they actively contributed in some small way. 

Edited by Jodami

Sammon was horrific. I’m sure Levein tried to talk Robbie out of it but just as well he never as would have been accused of interfering with the manager at the time. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Crap but he did at least score a goal that kept us up at the end of the season. That's the thing, these boys were rubbish but at least they actively contributed in some small way. 

They shouldn’t have been anywhere near Hearts. 

The 2-0 win against Motherwell last game of the season to avoid relegation was symptomatic of McLeans horrific signings and management. 

Gigolo-Aunt
11 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Sammon was a disgrace of a signing. He's pish and everyone knew it but we gave him a three year deal. Bewildering stuff.

Yup

9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Yeh they contributed by being so shite they caused us being in a relegation scrap in the first place.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They shouldn’t have been anywhere near Hearts. 

The 2-0 win against Motherwell last game of the season to avoid relegation was symptomatic of McLeans horrific signings and management. 

Appalling manager who ruined many careers by giving players pain killing injections every other week. That Motherwell game was tense though was it not!

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Appalling manager who ruined many careers by giving players pain killing injections every other week. That Motherwell game was tense though was it not!

It was horrible. Much like McLean and that team. 

24 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

I'm pretty sure McInnes wanted him at Aberdeen as well but we offered more wages!

You are correct in that the vast majority of fans knew he was a poor signing yet Neilson baffingly wanted him.

The only explanation is that he wasn't the first choice in the list for the striking role but the first 100 options said no.

Rocky jamboa
56 minutes ago, graygo said:

Whatever the wages paid it was wasted money but I'd like to hear what Martin was on for you to call it "big".

After I'd imagine Berra, Naismith, souttar, maybe djoum, I was under the impression he was one of the higher earners at the club. £4k per week maybe? 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

try 'Wonderin' ' by Neil Young, great wee song.

No thanks. His music makes The Smiths sound upbeat and cheery. 

5 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Unfair on Hughes, he has stepped in when needed and done reasonably well, bar a few shocking games

Has had a fantastic long career and would have not been a high wage so see no problem he was signed

Considering he rarely ever plays, the fact is that he was shocking says it all. Was a waste of a wage on the playing side certainly.

King Of The Cat Cafe

What is the difference between Rudi Skacel and Malaury Martin?

Skacel is gone but not forgotten.

Martin is forgotten but not gone.   ?

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

50 minutes ago, Mort said:

Considering he rarely ever plays, the fact is that he was shocking says it all. Was a waste of a wage on the playing side certainly.

Not every player will play. Norwich fans could say the same thing about Naismith.

1 hour ago, The Comedian said:

Aye, but the only reason he failed to take the league by storm was the nasty Hearts fans getting on his back, mind. And of course he wasn’t signed to score goals. (Have I missed anything out?)

Nothing to do with him being a lazy, useless, clueless ***** of a huddy.

3 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

We’ve wasted a fortune on these guys, and others. Hit and miss recruitment, more miss than hit unfortunately. Hope the lessons have been learnt.

been here before

Thoughts with The Fish.

Last Hearts player to score in Europe.

Edited by been here before

All roads lead to Gorgie
41 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thoughts with The Fish.

Last Hearts player to score in Europe.

Sums up how bad the last two seasons have been. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
44 minutes ago, been here before said:

Oops phone probs again. 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Hectormasson
9 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Can se Brandon or Godinho leaving. My bet would be Brandon. 

Neither would be sadly missed,,

Hectormasson
43 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Sums up how bad the last two seasons have been. 

Sammon,,,wighton,,,,vanacek,there lafferty out sums up our goal scoring or lack of it !

Glad Sammon is finally off the wage bill. The 3 years felt like a sentence in 2016 and I'm getting a bit too old to be wishing time away, hoping it will pass quickly. Only one more year of Maulary Martoon and we're finally free.

Robbie, Cathro and Craig have a lot to answer for.

12 minutes ago, martoon said:

Glad Sammon is finally off the wage bill. The 3 years felt like a sentence in 2016 and I'm getting a bit too old to be wishing time away, hoping it will pass quickly. Only one more year of Maulary Martoon and we're finally free.

Robbie, Cathro and Craig have a lot to answer for.

You’re the guy on here with the sensible head on, Mart.

God bless you.