• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• jambonian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kind of laugh that we announce that Hughes has been called up by Northern Ireland then 10mins later state he's being released. ?

Probably all for the best. Wouldn’t be opposed to Mitchell returning at some point in the future.

Cruyff Turn

We need to get rid of quite a few, I’d imagine there’ll be some surprises to us that are being told they can leave. 

We’ve got far too many players. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Good. We will not miss any of those four. Have contributed almost nothing this season between them.

Hopefully a few more to follow!

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

Hampden Demolition

Hopefully Martin to follow. Would like us to punt Wighton too but can’t see it happening.

letsalldothebeattie

Delighted to see we’ve finally got rid of Sammon. Hopefully Martin can be the next announcement about leaving. 

Dr Ian Malcolm
4 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Good. We will not miss any of those four. Have contributed almost nothing this season between them.

Harsh on Hughes. Before the shocker at Livi, he did fine when called upon and it's been talked about enough how big an example he was to others around the place. Shaughnessy a bit too - some poor games, some okay ones.

Unbelievable that until this morning Connor ****ing Sammon was still a hearts player.

Shivers just thinking about it.

13 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

All in all, you’re right, but Hughes did partner Souttar for 50+ minutes as we comfortably saw off Celtic in game 2. Hibs away was the only result that came close to matching that high.

I wish all of them the very best as none of them were non-triers (just not good enough) but especially wish Hughes all the best in his future career as he deserves the respect of all football fans. 

Edited by Shaggy2

9 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Delighted to see we’ve finally got rid of Sammon. Hopefully Martin can be the next announcement about leaving. 

I thought Martin had already been released months ago. Oh well, if not then it's time for him to pack his rucksack and head of into the blue yonder also.

15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hopefully Doyle,Lee,Djoum,Martin,Wighton,Vanecek follow suit.

Martin to go. 

Doyle adequate back up.

Djoum to hopefully stay without breaking the bank.

Lee and Wighton should be given next season as squad players.

Vanecek - who knows. 

steven_mck

No real news really. Everyone knew this was coming for months. Looking forward to next developments.

Edited by steven_mck

What a terrible signing Sammon was. Utter guff.

Hughes should have been punted at the end of last season.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Martin got another year or is he out of contract this summer?

How many games has he played.

Just now, Lambo85 said:

What a terrible signing Sammon was. Utter guff.

Hughes should have been punted at the end of last season.

I remember the dread and how annoyed I was when I found out he'd signed for us. Remember thinking what the fk have they signed that donkey on a long-term contract for?

Agree about Hughes….shouldn't have been offered that extra year.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sigh!! wish we could come to some arrangement to get him of the books without bursting the bank.

4 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

2006–2010 Monaco 8 (0)
2008–2009  Nîmes (loan) 14 (0)
2010–2011 Blackpool 0 (0)
2011–2012 Middlesbrough 18 (3)
2013 Lausanne-Sport 12 (1)
2014–2015 Sandnes Ulf 22 (4)
2015–2017 Lillestrøm 40 (11)
2017– Heart of Midlothian 14 (1)
2018  Dunfermline Athletic (loan) 9 (0

Quiz question.  Who remembers his goal.  ?

Edited by livi

letsalldothebeattie
14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I thought Martin had already been released months ago. Oh well, if not then it's time for him to pack his rucksack and head of into the blue yonder also.

No still a year on his contract 

40 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Kind of laugh that we announce that Hughes has been called up by Northern Ireland then 10mins later state he's being released. ?

Noticed that as well :lol:

24 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Harsh on Hughes. Before the shocker at Livi, he did fine when called upon and it's been talked about enough how big an example he was to others around the place. Shaughnessy a bit too - some poor games, some okay ones.

Have to say....Shaughnessy is nowhere near a centre-half. Felt sorry for Dikamona a few times when he was on the bench, a proper centre-half yet couldn't get a start. The match against Motherwell at Fir Park was a perfect example. Now, Jimmy Dunne...he was different class altogether. Shaughnessy is a defensive midfielder at best. I felt we missed Dunne for a spell after he left.

7 minutes ago, livi said:

2006–2010 Monaco 8 (0)

137 appearances in 13 years! 20 goals! Average of 10/11 appearances and 1.5 goals every season through those years? What were we thinking!?

12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I remember the dread and how annoyed I was when I found out he'd signed for us. Remember thinking what the fk have they signed that donkey on a long-term contract for?

Agree about Hughes….shouldn't have been offered that extra year.

Others can butter it up all they want but it was no more than jobs for the boys!

Ridiculous he is still getting called up for the NI squad too. Surely they should be giving a young lad a chance rather than calling up a 40 year old who has played next to no football for his club this season.

12 minutes ago, livi said:

2006–2010 Monaco 8 (0)

Quiz question.  Who remembers his goal.  ?

Direct free kick v ICT?

JamboAndrew

Does anyone know who scouted Sammon? I'd like them to come and watch me play football. I try very hard but am not good enough for Hearts and am happy to be paid not to play.

Jamboscanbevicius
35 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

I wish all them the best. I have nothing against any of them and Hughes has had an outstanding career. But not one of them weakens is by leaving.

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

Others can butter it up all they want but it was no more than jobs for the boys!

Ridiculous he is still getting called up for the NI squad too. Surely they should be giving a young lad a chance rather than calling up a 40 year old who has played next to no football for his club this season.

Aye, it's a bit strange he should be called up for the N Ireland squad without really playing this season. Still hope for Kenny Miller then?! :whistling:

51 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

It just shows you how bad Northern Ireland are.

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Does anyone know who scouted Sammon? I'd like them to come and watch me play football. I try very hard but am not good enough for Hearts and am happy to be paid not to play.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was the wage thief known as John Murray.

Jamboscanbevicius
35 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

All in all, you’re right, but Hughes did partner Souttar for 50+ minutes as we comfortably saw off Celtic in game 2. Hibs away was the only result that came close to matching that high.

I wish all of them the very best as none of them were non-triers (just not good enough) but especially wish Hughes all the best in his future career as he deserves the respect of all football fans. 

That’s true and you’re absolutely right about Hughes. He has had an incredible career... but finally he is done!

All of them free up space and wages without weakening us.

It should have been ten
36 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Well said 

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

Direct free kick v ICT?

Was it not a penalty? Can’t remember a specific game but sure it was a pen