Hearts/Hibs channel

Professor.Arturo

Would you like a Hearts/Hibs Setanta channel?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you like a Hearts/Hibs Setanta channel?

• Yes
    • No

Professor.Arturo

The Mhanks and Huns have their own channels on Setanta. Edinburgh probably dont have the fanbase/viewer size for seperate Hearts and Hibs channels, but do you reckon a combined channel on Setanta would work? Do you reckon Hearts and Hibs (clubs and fans) should petition Setanta to at least trial the idea?

lastkingofscotland

I'd be happy to see it happen but it's not a case of petitioning Setanta, It's the clubs who put these things together and I would imagine both clubs have done their own feasibility studies and found it not to be viable. They may well not have considered a joint channel tho.

Thig Ar Latha
The Mhanks and Huns have their own channels on Setanta. Edinburgh probably dont have the fanbase/viewer size for seperate Hearts and Hibs channels, but do you reckon a combined channel on Setanta would work? Do you reckon Hearts and Hibs (clubs and fans) should petition Setanta to at least trial the idea?

There was a Hearts Chennel on Sky a few years ago.

i would like a Hearts one, not a joint Hearts/Hibs one, it'd end up like the Edinburgh Evening Hibs

When I subscribed to Setanta last year, they told me in their pitch that both Liverpool and Hearts were to be added to their club channels list in the forseable future. Liverpool did it and we haven't.

The dude could have been simply guessing mind.

I voted no btw, I would like to see a Hearts channel but I would not like to share with them.

basher the jambo

Would love to see a Hearts one. My daughter keeps asking why we dont have one and rangers and celtic do

Dirk Diggler

No.

Would rather give Rupert Murdoch ?40 a month than Irish telly a tenner for whatever they may be showing.

Anyone who subscribes to Setanta deserves to die, IMO.

RockyBalboa

We could have non-stop repeats of Dens Park on our channel. * :eek:

* **** take at Hibs before the hobo/vermin/pegseller/junkie/caravan/dressed-as-seats replies happen, although I'm pretty sure they will anyways.

P.S A Hibs & Hearts channel would be a non starter, it's all about viewers. And with under 20k support at both grounds it wouldn't be viable. You get no news out of Hearts anyway and you would have to go back to the 70s for major Hibs matches.

No.

Would rather give Rupert Murdoch ?40 a month than Irish telly a tenner for whatever they may be showing.

Anyone who subscribes to Setanta deserves to die, IMO.

:rofl:

Of course, you are not taking it too far are you!

No.

I would rather share an ice-cream with an alopecia suffering, homeless, 80 year old, pee ridden granny.

Dirk Diggler

* **** take at Hibs before the hobo/vermin/pegseller/junkie/caravan/dressed-as-seats replies happen, although I'm pretty sure they will anyways.

P.S A Hibs & Hearts channel would be a non starter, it's all about viewers. And with under 20k support at both grounds it wouldn't be viable. You get no news out of Hearts anyway and you would have to go back to the 70s for major Hibs matches.

With respect, In fact scrap that I have none for you....

You mention Dens park then tell us you are expecting a reaction?

I did grasp that correctly?

If you are expecting a hobo/vermin/pegseller/junkie/caravan/dressed-as-seats reply, can you explain to me what you are doing on a Hearts fans forum if it ain't for a wind up.

I'm struggling to get it.

Wee Rocky, The JKB pet.

Bless.

RockyBalboa
With respect, In fact scrap that I have none for you....

You mention Dens park then tell us you are expecting a reaction?

I did grasp that correctly?

If you are expecting a hobo/vermin/pegseller/junkie/caravan/dressed-as-seats reply, can you explain to me what you are doing on a Hearts fans forum if it ain't for a wind up.

I'm struggling to get it.

Wee Rocky, The JKB pet.

Bless.

It was the first thing that sprang to mind, as I cannae remember that many brilliant hibs matches, was a laugh at myself/team. You look far too much into stuff. Bless.

I am expecting that reply, and I'm on here to see the latest with Hearts and look out the decent posts. Unfortunately there it's few and far between these days.

Dirk Diggler
It was the first thing that sprang to mind, as I cannae remember that many brilliant hibs matches, was a laugh at myself/team. You look far too much into stuff. Bless.

Do you think we zip up the back? Although to be fair, you still being here would suggest that some maybe do.

I am expecting that reply, and I'm on here to see the latest with Hearts and look out the decent posts.

And to wind up others.

Unfortunately there it's few and far between these days. Well ***** off then..

LTHF.

He's had his time.

Benny Factor
There was a Hearts Chennel on Sky a few years ago.

Did George Wright not present it too?

RockyBalboa
LTHF.

He's had his time.

Aye, ok.

I wonder why you are so bitter. Honestly.

I explain myself (not that I had to, to you anyway BTR) and you still come out with the predictable reply. Nice one.

I remember the Hearts channel that used to be on Telewest and to be honest it was terrible. I do think that a Hearts channel would be good, but probably not while Hearts are run by Romanov.

I cant see there being enough news being allowed out of the club by Romanov to sustain a regular television channel.

When you look at the channels for clubs already on setanta the clubs have lots of input into what is brodcast i.e player interviews etc. I cant see Romanov allowing the club to be letting to much information out. If you look at the information that comes out on the club website almost evrything is promoting something that is to be sold.

If there was a Hearts channel it would probably just be another shopping channel to promote stuff like gnomes and the new away strip in the same way that the clubs website is almost always purely used to promote sales.

Aye, ok.

I wonder why you are so bitter. Honestly.

I explain myself (not that I had to, to you anyway BTR) and you still come out with the predictable reply. Nice one.

He's right. And now a good Jambo's been suspended because of a Hobo wind up merchant.

Its time you were emptied.

RockyBalboa
He's right. And now a good Jambo's been suspended because of a Hobo wind up merchant.

Its time you were emptied.

I didn't complain about him posting or anything.

To be fair I've always considered you a decent poster and respect your opinions (although you hate hibs which is understandable) and if you think I'm at the wind up I must be doing something wrong. If I was at the wind up I would post a lot better wind ups than that seems to be.

It wasn't a wind up, it was a dig at myself, hibs etc thats the truth.

I didn't complain about him posting or anything.

To be fair I've always considered you a decent poster and respect your opinions (although you hate hibs which is understandable) and if you think I'm at the wind up I must be doing something wrong. If I was at the wind up I would post a lot better wind ups than that seems to be.

It wasn't a wind up, it was a dig at myself, hibs etc thats the truth.

I always thought you were ok too but for the last month or two you've been getting right on people's breasts.

Mentions of Albert Kidd, Dens Park and calling Hearts a joke is not alright by adding a wee ;) at the end. You've been doing too much of that recently for my liking.

RockyBalboa
I always thought you were ok too but for the last month or two you've been getting right on people's breasts.

Mentions of Albert Kidd, Dens Park and calling Hearts a joke is not alright by adding a wee ;) at the end. You've been doing too much of that recently for my liking.

I never done that ;) at the end though and I also posted right under the Albert Kidd thing that it was a dig at myself and that its the best match in history etc to some hibs fans (I think it's a loady pish personally) and thats what it's all about.

That's the craic though mate, and if I've been getting on peoples nads then I appologise too. I'm seriously not at the wind up though, although I admit when looking back it does seem like it some of the time although I would say it's more tounge in cheek and football banter, and I'm alright getting mountains of abuse too as I know where I am etc. Just seems this place has lost a lotay personality recently.

Dirk Diggler
I'm seriously not at the wind up though,

How many times you said that crawler?

In my opinion this place has gone tits northwards recently (Nothing I haven't said recently to the 'mods' team, god bless them.)

Stick in wind up merchant, It seems you are winning the fight.

TBTR

RockyBalboa
How many times you said that crawler?

In my opinion this place has gone tits northwards recently (Nothing I haven't said recently to the 'mods' team, god bless them.)

Stick in wind up merchant, It seems you are winning the fight.

TBTR

What would be the point in being on the wind up? It's immature, idiotic and time consuming. Now unless I think I'm an immature idiotic prat basically who has nothing better do do than go on the wind up on a football forum I'd say I wasnt on the wind up. After a few beers I decided to post a poke fun at myself post and I'm on the wind up? :rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler
After a few beers I decided to post a poke fun at myself post and I'm on the wind up? :rolleyes:

So Dens park?

What was the joke brother?

RockyBalboa
So Dens park?

What was the joke brother?

I said it would be on non-stop on the hibs channel as some hibs fans go on like it was the biggest match ever. It was a dig at Hibs fans who say that. A hearts poster could have posted the same and it would have been laughed at. Sorry. But I'm obviously on the wind up and that was my back up plan for when you all sussed me. :rolleyes:

I think I may have just made myself the favourite for the next "Favourite Mod" poll...

;)

:eek:

Some people will do anything to be popular :biggrin:

Bugsy Siegel
I think I may have just made myself the favourite for the next "Favourite Mod" poll...

;)

:bravo:

You've no idea how much we would appreciate a Hearts channel over here:)Rocky, Blame all You're slimy hobo slugs on JKB

I can't imagine it happening but I'd love to see a Hearts TV channel. It might stop me staring at my laptop screen so much! If we couldn't sustain one by ourselves then an Edinburgh one would do, I suppose.

Some of the rubbish channels there are these days can't possibly get that many viewers so I don't think it's as impossible an idea as we might think.

Ibrahim Tall

;)

:)

Lochend Brazil
I said it would be on non-stop on the hibs channel as some hibs fans go on like it was the biggest match ever. It was a dig at Hibs fans who say that. A hearts poster could have posted the same and it would have been laughed at. Sorry. But I'm obviously on the wind up and that was my back up plan for when you all sussed me. :rolleyes:

YES......

Plenty of time for you now to type and file your complaint.

Tell Sergey and doginator to bring out the crack cause Rockys been sacked.

:hobofish:

slashishere

I didnt take any offence, Rocky's generally not to much of a tit, jambos on here seem to wind each other up more than him.

Nice to see good natured banter is no longer allowed on this board.

Guest juvehearts

Wouldnt have a problem with a Herts/Hibs channel on sky,

gotta be better than most of the dross channel's we get on it now.

would be very interesting how to get that ballance of devide with hibs shocking derby record.

yes rocky possiably that game in dundee in 86 would be shown, but so would our game in 98, april & may 2006,

the game i'd most like to see again would be the 4-4 game & our 8-0 humping of dunfermline.

im not too sure of famous hibs victory's in the past as they are very few & far between, BUT it would be good to view both u19/21 teams.

both have good prospects for the future & it would be good to hear story's of the new year day derby's in the years gone pass from the retired players.

plus story's of when best was playing for hibs & the famous 5 & hearts's derby record from robbo & the likes.

im all for it, sounds good, be interesting how they could manage to keep the ballance as it sways in favour of hearts in recent living memoary.

p.s we could also watch hibs cis cup final's victory & loss vs livi.

Ok then & heart's too lik the 4-3 coca cola cup game vs rangers.

that one was a cracker & if hibees want to shoot us down because of our losses in finals, all i can say, youve gotta be in it to win it :dribble:

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

KingRibSupper

I could handle a joint channel :cool:

Why not ? It would be great. Reserve matches and the like. Superb

Or we could have all the hibs scottish cup wins on;)

No.

There would obviously be more Hearts fans subscribing and in effect would be putting money into the hobos. No thanks. Plus I couldn't stand flicking the channel to see whats on only to see some Leith flair on display.

Rocky been suspended?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He was showing as Banned last night.

:(

Imagine posting that many times on your fiercest rivals message board.

Embarrassing.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Edinburgh does have the fan base, as does Dundee, Kilmarnock, Stirling, Inverness, etc. Unfortunately, too many of those fans are glory-seeking bigots who head past their local grounds to Darkheid and Castle Greyskull. Non-Glasgow Rangers and Celtic fans are the real problem and disgrace of Scottish Football.We should save our ire for them, not the thousands of fans who, like us, support their own team. And I even (quite generously, for once) include the Leith team in that. Last time, though......;)

Anyway, we would benefit most from a joint channel. Coverage of derby matches is rarely going to be popular down Lochend way. :107years:

this might be a stupid question but whats the difference? :confused:

this might be a stupid question but whats the difference? :confused:

Banned means you cant post again. Like ever.

Suspended merely means that he cant post for a fortnight or a month or however long he's suspended for.

Banned means you cant post again. Like ever.

Suspended merely means that he cant post for a fortnight or a month or however long he's suspended for.

Ah i see.

personally i think it would be better if it just said 'punted'

or 'on gardening leave' :)

Did George Wright not present it too?

I thought it was Martin Geissler that did it to.(i think)

The thing is you dont get any up to date news before the press eg. managers sighnings etc on there website lut alone havin a TV channel, still be good to have our own channel again but not enough news to keep it goin though i`m afraid.

Benny Factor
Wouldnt have a problem with a Herts/Hibs channel on sky,

gotta be better than most of the dross channel's we get on it now.

would be very interesting how to get that ballance of devide with hibs shocking derby record.

yes rocky possiably that game in dundee in 86 would be shown, but so would our game in 98, april & may 2006,

the game i'd most like to see again would be the 4-4 game & our 8-0 humping of dunfermline.

im not too sure of famous hibs victory's in the past as they are very few & far between, BUT it would be good to view both u19/21 teams.

both have good prospects for the future & it would be good to hear story's of the new year day derby's in the years gone pass from the retired players.

plus story's of when best was playing for hibs & the famous 5 & hearts's derby record from robbo & the likes.

im all for it, sounds good, be interesting how they could manage to keep the ballance as it sways in favour of hearts in recent living memoary.

p.s we could also watch hibs cis cup final's victory & loss vs livi.

Ok then & heart's too lik the 4-3 coca cola cup game vs rangers.

that one was a cracker & if hibees want to shoot us down because of our losses in finals, all i can say, youve gotta be in it to win it :dribble:

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

When did this happen??????

We beat them 7-1 when Tangoman was in charge of them, but not 8-0.

Archived