The support

neilnunb

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Time for our fabulous support to be rewarded and no better time than this season coming. The club is missing a management team that will get us playing great attacking winning football. Our fans are ready they're just wanting what they deserve ......winners.

Nothing wrong with Saturday's football. Even without our best player we were the better team against a side assembled for millions.

Hopefully, we wil get over the line next May.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4marsbars

• Forever Hearts

• N Lincs Jambo

• Beast Boy

ArgyllJambo
7 hours ago, Sarah O said:

It was a cup final. Of course the atmosphere would be special. 

It's never going to be like that on a wet Tuesday night in February against Hamilton as we battle for 6th.

Why can’t it be but? There’s not one reason it can’t be like that. The state of Tynecastle atmosphere at the moment is nothing short of shocking. Your meant to go and get right behind your team and give the team your full backing. Make every week like a cup final in terms of atmosphere. Not like a funeral like it is at the moment 

Haringshairband
20 minutes ago, ArgyllJambo said:

Why can’t it be but? There’s not one reason it can’t be like that. The state of Tynecastle atmosphere at the moment is nothing short of shocking. Your meant to go and get right behind your team and give the team your full backing. Make every week like a cup final in terms of atmosphere. Not like a funeral like it is at the moment 

I don't think every Hearts fan would get as drunk as that for a game against Livingston on any given Saturday.

August Landmesser
5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Who cares what it's about? 

The football is a time for suspending everyday sensibilites and embracing tribalism and hatred. 

The words really don't matter. The emotion is everything. 

Hullo hullo,

We are the Gorgie boys

Hullo hullo

We have a lot of toys

We also have a cute wee dug

So cute he'd make you cry,

Cos' we are the Gorgie cutie boys.

Just now, August Landmesser said:

Hullo hullo,

We are the Gorgie boys

Hullo hullo

We have a lot of toys

:D

On 26/05/2019 at 20:03, Whatever said:

Hullo hullo was outstanding yesterday.

Dont care who it upset. Don’t care for those who say it’s had it’s day.

No other song in our songbook gets the support roused and is sung with such gusto.

A huge part of my Hearts supporting life and I’m utterly delighted it got the airing it did.

Fantastic. Long may it be here.

You’re dead right. Proud traditions and all that.

We’ll not stop until any Catholic thinking of signing for or supporting the Hearts knows they are unwelcome. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Hullo hullo,

We are the Gorgie boys

Hullo hullo

We have a lot of toys

That's sure to strike fear into the enemy. ?

I'm in! 

Forever Hearts
24 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

You’re dead right. Proud traditions and all that.

We’ll not stop until any Catholic thinking of signing for or supporting the Hearts knows they are unwelcome. 

It's not stopped umpteen Catholic players signing for us in the past and I very much doubt it will in the future. 

Bindy Badgy
4 hours ago, ArgyllJambo said:

More could be done in terms of pre-match buildup to get people up for it.

The Gorgie
35 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's not stopped umpteen Catholic players signing for us in the past and I very much doubt it will in the future. 

Lots of catholics play for Rangers, who are far more anti catholic than Hearts have ever been. I'm no 100% sure but their best and most valuable player is probably a catholic. No one actually gives a shit anymore. Many catholic players will come and go at Hearts, one stupid song aint going to stop anyone.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Lots of catholics play for Rangers, who are far more anti catholic than Hearts have ever been. I'm no 100% sure but their best and most valuable player is probably a catholic. No one actually gives a shit anymore. Many catholic players will come and go at Hearts, one stupid song aint going to stop anyone.

Exactly. You won't meet a bigger Celtic fan than Paul Hartley but I think it's fair to say he enjoyed his time with Hearts and a daft song didn't seem to stop him playing brilliantly for us. 

N Lincs Jambo
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Exactly. You won't meet a bigger Celtic fan than Paul Hartley but I think it's fair to say he enjoyed his time with Hearts and a daft song didn't seem to stop him playing brilliantly for us. 

Funnily enough when he was here we seemed to have binned that daft song. Looking at it the other way I can’t see how it would inspire Jake Mulraney, Doyle or Jimmy Dunne to go the extra mile for us, but, hey ho, as you say it’s just a daft song.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Funnily enough when he was here we seemed to have binned that daft song. Looking at it the other way I can’t see how it would inspire Jake Mulraney, Doyle or Jimmy Dunne to go the extra mile for us, but, hey ho, as you say it’s just a daft song.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't care less what we sing when they're concentrating 100% on the game. 

HAMILTON HEARTS

The atmosphere at ibroke is what gets them over the line half the time 

N Lincs Jambo
13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm pretty sure they couldn't care less what we sing when they're concentrating 100% on the game. 

Why don’t you ask them??

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

How do you know lots of Catholic players haven't been put off signing in the past because of bigots in the Hearts support. 

Edited by ADAM

14 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Who cares what it's about? 

The football is a time for suspending everyday sensibilites and embracing tribalism and hatred. 

The words really don't matter. The emotion is everything. 

Ah yes the football and "embracing tribalism and hatred" So, what next for Tynie racism towards black players, throwing the odd banana on the pitch maybe? Or is indulging in race hate not allowed, only bigotry? Maybe 'embracing' racism would be deemed open to the  'living in the 70's' charge, unlike the modern 21st century Jambo bigot....ah pity eh.

Edited by ADAM

On 25/05/2019 at 17:44, ri Alban said:

Did us proud. Not a fan of Hello Hello, but sometimes , when bombarded with the shite from Celtic. Well...

How to throw a damp squib over a decent thread.

FB_IMG_1495870969196.jpg

It should have been ten
9 hours ago, ArgyllJambo said:

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, ADAM said:

How do you know lots of Catholic players haven't been put off signing in the past because of bigots in the Hearts support. 

Because they're professional footballers who wouldn't let a 30 second song decide what club they play for. 

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Why don’t you ask them??

Ok. I'll get right on to that today. ?

4 hours ago, ADAM said:

Ah yes the football and "embracing tribalism and hatred" So, what next for Tynie racism towards black players, throwing the odd banana on the pitch maybe? Or is indulging in race hate not allowed, only bigotry? Maybe 'embracing' racism would be deemed open to the  'living in the 70's' charge, unlike the modern 21st century Jambo bigot....ah pity eh.

Got to agree , what happened 20 plus years ago has no relevance today , but if people insist on singing it we all need to be aware of reasonable lyrics , the Killie boys version is what I’ve always sung replacing Ayr with Hibbees . Even then up to your knees in anyone’s blood is fairly offensive , but tribalism is part of the game . 

I’m not defending sectarianism/ bigotry but Celtic brings the worst out of opposition fans it’s got better over the years but the crowd mentality means people act totally out of character, it’s the keyboard warrior syndrome they believe they are invisible . Someone posted  about arrests at Haymarket station off the train and one lads realisation the shit he’d got himself in . It will take time but if individuals singing sectarian songs were targeted and visibly removed I believe it will quickly come to an end within the ground . 

On 25/05/2019 at 19:34, 4marsbars said:

Yes, Budge should come out and endorse sectarian singing.

I’ve no idea why she doesn’t. But she continues to stifle our proud traditions of intolerance and ill will. What has she ever done for the club anyway? 

Well said.

What next asking Budge for some leeway over her stifling stance on racism, maybe if she allowed some abuse of black players, even if only Celtic and Hibs ones, the atmosphere at Tynie would surely improve. 

13 hours ago, Cynic said:

Contrast to the Celtic fan(nies) who sat on their hands until they scored. 

That is down to the fact that it is increasingly less an occasion for them. This is the 6th final in three years for them, it was our first in 6 years. 

Most sitting in there green bin liners went to the game fully expecting to win, and just waited on it happening.

I know Celtic fans who didn't really bother losing out on the ballot for tickets, cos they knew that would "give them more chance for the next one".

Sad but true.

12 hours ago, kila said:

Everyone needs to give it a rest with slagging our own fans and watch this. Unbelievable video and one of the best moments supporting this club. Not seen celebrations like it in a long long time. 

N Lincs Jambo
5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ok. I'll get right on to that today. ?

Good lad ? ?

13 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes - I think you’ve volunteered yourself there. Ask them the question and get back to us when you have their answers

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, ADAM said:

:rofl:

Put your knickers back on, Princess.

2 hours ago, maroon said:

Everyone needs to give it a rest with slagging our own fans and watch this. Unbelievable video and one of the best moments supporting this club. Not seen celebrations like it in a long long time. 

I’ll slag off every Gorgie Billy Boy from now till kingdom come if I have to.

I want atmosphere, not poisonous bigotry which has nothing to do with my team or its traditions.

Bindy Badgy

The 'Celtic Boys Club' 'paedo' stuff bothers me far more than Hello Hello. Childhood sexual abuse is disturbingly common (statistics here) so chances are everyone in the ground will be within earshot of someone who has been affected by it in one way or another. If it had affected myself hearing it being used to have a go at the opposition would bring back a lot of painful memories.

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, ericb said:

That is down to the fact that it is increasingly less an occasion for them. This is the 6th final in three years for them, it was our first in 6 years. 

Most sitting in there green bin liners went to the game fully expecting to win, and just waited on it happening.

I know Celtic fans who didn't really bother losing out on the ballot for tickets, cos they knew that would "give them more chance for the next one".

Sad but true.

Which is what our fans have become at Tynecastle.  Expecting just to turn up and beat "diddy clubs" and when we're not 2-0 up at half time playing like Brazil decide it's better to boo the team.

The lack of atmosphere is absolutely nothing to do with Ann Budge, it's everything to do with the expectation of the fans and how bothered/interested they are in the game.

It's been like that for the 25-30 years I've been going to Tynecastle.  Unless we're playing Hamilton or Livingston to win the league or get a European place the atmosphere against teams like them will be pap.

In fact, outside Hibs, the Old Firm and Aberdeen (occasionally) the place is flat because we expect to win.

The atmosphere was amazing on Saturday but that was a mixture of it being a cup final, being huge underdogs and alcohol.

Independence
4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Which is what our fans have become at Tynecastle.  Expecting just to turn up and beat "diddy clubs" and when we're not 2-0 up at half time playing like Brazil decide it's better to boo the team.

The lack of atmosphere is absolutely nothing to do with Ann Budge, it's everything to do with the expectation of the fans and how bothered/interested they are in the game.

It's been like that for the 25-30 years I've been going to Tynecastle.  Unless we're playing Hamilton or Livingston to win the league or get a European place the atmosphere against teams like them will be pap.

In fact, outside Hibs, the Old Firm and Aberdeen (occasionally) the place is flat because we expect to win.

The atmosphere was amazing on Saturday but that was a mixture of it being a cup final, being huge underdogs and alcohol.

THIS !!!!!!

34 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

The 'Celtic Boys Club' 'paedo' stuff bothers me far more than Hello Hello. Childhood sexual abuse is disturbingly common (statistics here) so chances are everyone in the ground will be within earshot of someone who has been affected by it in one way or another. If it had affected myself hearing it being used to have a go at the opposition would bring back a lot of painful memories.

Good point. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Rubbish. The atmosphere is crap because the product on the park is crap. No other reason. 

2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I want atmosphere, not poisonous bigotry which has nothing to do with my team or its traditions.

Good for u pal. I don't like it either. What u could do is just not sing it and ignore it. Focus on the positives for once. Every football support has unlikable segments. It's so repetitive the chat on here after Hibs or Celtic games surely you will know its unlikely to change. Saturday was on of the best Hearts supports Ive been apart of and the scenes after the Edwards goal was unreal. Focus on that if anything

Nookie Bear

Actually, it is more to do with the fact we now start games like we've been on the beers for 48 hrs and have just been dragged out our beds to play football.

56 minutes ago, maroon said:

Good for u pal. I don't like it either. What u could do is just not sing it and ignore it. Focus on the positives for once. Every football support has unlikable segments. It's so repetitive the chat on here after Hibs or Celtic games surely you will know its unlikely to change. Saturday was on of the best Hearts supports Ive been apart of and the scenes after the Edwards goal was unreal. Focus on that if anything

Remember that roar after Edwards scored? I was very much part of that.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Rubbish. The atmosphere is crap because the product on the park is crap. No other reason. 

You telling me that we play dundee/Hamilton/st Johnstone/Ross County off the park the crowd are all jumping about like they were on Sat? Gies a break.

I’m not having a dig at fans, it’s just a fact we don’t get up for games against the smaller clubs like we do the derby and OF games.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

this

Forever Hearts

You telling me that we play dundee/Hamilton/st Johnstone/Ross County off the park the crowd are all jumping about like they were on Sat? Gies a break.

I’m not having a dig at fans, it’s just a fact we don’t get up for games against the smaller clubs like we do the derby and OF games.

But that's not what I was replying to. I know the atmosphere on Saturday can't be replicated every week. 

5 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

You'd be slating about 15 thousand of them from saturday then :laugh: 

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

But that's not what I was replying to. I know the atmosphere on Saturday can't be replicated every week. 

So what are you saying? The atmosphere would be good every week if...what?

My argument is no matter how good the product on the park, Tynecastle wouldn’t be rocking every week.

Just like Celtic Park, Ibrox, Easter Road, Anfield, Old Trafford, Etihad...they’re all quiet against smaller clubs where the fans expect to win.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

So what are you saying? The atmosphere would be good every week if...what?

My argument is no matter how good the product on the park, Tynecastle wouldn’t be rocking every week.

Just like Celtic Park, Ibrox, Easter Road, Anfield, Old Trafford, Etihad...they’re all quiet against smaller clubs where the fans expect to win.

I'm saying the atmosphere would be a helluva lot better if the product on the park wasn't crap. 

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm saying the atmosphere would be a helluva lot better if the product on the park wasn't crap. 

It contributes, no doubt about that.

You said it’s 100% the only factor, which I don’t think is true.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 hours ago, Stokesy said:

Exactly 

the “paedo” chanting was stupid really