The team AND Levein

Bauld

10 hours ago, dustybin said:

Stop asking him questions, he is correct in what he's saying, address the situation instead of sweeping it under the carpet. 

I was. Just a pity some don’t seem to be able to think. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Beast Boy

• Jammy T

• Enzo Chiefo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Just heard levein is staying on next season...all the happy clappers got their wish.

Never been in doubt. Couldn’t understand why you guys thought differently. Anyway confirmed at his press conference. Just need to wait to see if any changes behind the scenes in the coaching team. Suspect there might be. 

i wish jj was my dad
11 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

TBH, the question we should be asking (and Levein should be answering) is this: if these players are capable of playing like they did today, why haven’t they been doing it, and who is responsible for that?

That is a very good question. 

The answer may be that key players who have been recovering from injury were nursed back to fitness during the dead rubbers. Hickey gave us proper balance at left back and allowed us to commit Mulraney forward.

I might need to watch the game again to check but that was my immediate reaction.

oh ah grantona

Good performance yesterday but it was still very ugly ( which it had to be) I don't want to watch ugly again next year. We have a great squad with some good young lads coming in. I think we need a more positive manager I said the same last year and was willing to give CL the chance to be positive and he started well but the loss of Naismith crashed his bottle. He then reverted back to his usual self and it simply isn't good enough. 

The flaws of the GK were shown yesterday so we need a new one and a couple of wingers. The performance of Edwards shows that really we don't need to be breaking the bank for Djoum for me his Hearts career should be over good servent but nothing overly special.

The subs yesterday were concerning yes Clare had drifted out the game but why did we waste a sub by bringing on whigton then bring UCHE on 2 mins later. Uche should have had a bit of time with MacLean who had done a power of running and would have helped keep the ball in Celtic half a bit longer with a big strong partner. 

That's a major problem with Levein his pet projects whigton has shown very little and shouldn't have been near the squad never mind the bench he is as much a failure as Vanaceck has been but gets chance after chance 

15 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

The way we our manager set us up today at Hampden big pitch managed to motivate with two massive losses and others playing on empty mate.  All questions where answered today, every single one from selection to players to set up.  I can’t fault anything.  

This for me ... and a huge performance from Ryan Edwards a player who was told he didnt figure in the plans yet buckled down all season and showed great attitude and resilience.  A model of professionalism for other players on our books going into the next campaign

OmiyaHearts

Any manager who brings on a player like Wighton, or even rates a player like that, can do one.

Alex Kintner

I’ve been on the fence the last couple of months but yesterday pushed me back to wanting Levein to stay. Was proud to stand and belt out the Hearts song with all my fellow fans at the end. Was quite an emotional moment and feels like the start of something like 96 was.

My gut tells me the backbone of a trophy winning team is there and I feel it in my water. What my water tells me is that the perfect combo of experience and young players may be about to happen.

♥️♥️♥️

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I’ve been on the fence the last couple of months but yesterday pushed me back to wanting Levein to stay. Was proud to stand and belt out the Hearts song with all my fellow fans at the end. Was quite an emotional moment and feels like the start of something like 96 was.

My gut tells me the backbone of a trophy winning team is there and I feel it in my water. What my water tells me is that the perfect combo of experience and young players may be about to happen.

♥️♥️♥️

Superb sir superb ??????

Hot since 86
18 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

♥️♥️♥️

I really wish I shared your optimism. It’s funny how fans can have totally different opinions after a season, not saying you’re wrong and I certainly hope you’re right!

OmiyaHearts
3 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

I really wish I shared your optimism. It’s funny how fans can have totally different opinions after a season, not saying you’re wrong and I certainly hope you’re right!

I suppose if you base your opinion on 'your water' rather than with your eyes, it's easy to be the eternal optimist.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I suppose if you base your opinion on 'your water' rather than with your eyes, it's easy to be the eternal optimist.

Are you suggesting that water can’t be used to make decisions or predict the future?

Alex Kintner
16 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

I hope so too ?? A week ago I was pretty much at the point of wanting a change but yesterday just refilled my positivity and optimism meter. 

16 hours ago, sadj said:

What an absolute load of ****ing pish. We were the better team , tactics were perfect. We beat ourselves with two mistakes.

Aside from that your sports psych pish is bollox aswell. My expectations today were we were going to win. I’m gutted but I am so ****ing proud of every player , coach and every fan today. Gave their all. Many people said at the start of the season it wouldn’t be a fun season. It hasn’t been but even at that the players showed what they can do and what we need to strive to do week in week out. 

Celtic woke up a bit when we scored and we got a bit defensive. It was not lets keep it respectable. Shaun we looked the more likely to score. They did not at all at any point aside from TWO mistakes. That and a £9 million player to capitalise on the mistakes were the difference today. 

Away and moan on the Levein out thread with your crap today....

The team and Levein and everyone involved deserves every plaudit and bit of praise for their performance today. 

An absolutely fantastic post. Spot on on every point.

5 hours ago, oh ah grantona said:

That's a major problem with Levein his pet projects whigton has shown very little and shouldn't have been near the squad never mind the bench he is as much a failure as Vanaceck has been but gets chance after chance 

Yeah, he has the warrior spirit of a defrosted wilted lettuce leaf - Wighton.

Edited by alfajambo

Yesterday was a great effort and there is promise within that squad. Ultimately though cup football is about winning the trophy and nothing else. 2019 is as good an opportunity as we will get but we couldn't seal the deal. We had a very fine team indeed that won the trophy in 98 but then never got to another final until the Romanov money came into the club.

The league is different, the true reflection of where a team actually is and let's be honest it's been disappointing. The money that's been wasted on disasters like Vanacek and the amount of players who need moved on because they are not good enough tells it's own tale. Levein is good at setting a team up to stop a superior opponent but his weakness is building a team that creates chances, particularly from open play. This is an issue against on paper inferior opponents (particularly at home) and even when you look at our first visit to Ibrox when we were going well he tried to be more attacking and we failed. We need changes at the club to help address some of these issues, particularly the coaching ones. This might mean Levein moving back upstairs (and I can understand that it would be stupid not to make use of him in the last year of his contract) but for me it definitely means changing principal members of the coaching staff at the club. 

Bridge of Djoum
16 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Just heard levein is staying on next season...all the happy clappers got their wish.

How many times/threads is that now you've claimed CL is staying?

You really are an attention seeking dullard.

Bridge of Djoum

Kinda torn about Mr Levein staying/going. I was all for him leaving with best wishes, we need a fresh approach. However, yesterday showed a lot of us that we can have an effective game plan from the off. I'm sill concerned we are too conservative and ''safety 1st'', even against the smaller teams. 

On balance I still feel he should continue as DoF, overseeing the academy and such, but he should step down as manager. I just want to see an aggressive, attacking Hearts side. 

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

How many times/threads is that now you've claimed CL is staying?

You really are an attention seeking dullard.

Tend to agree.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Nae bother sweetpea...we will see when levein stays and Walker signs.

They may well. Thing is, you're not the 1st to claim this, we all know either scenario is likely/possible. You seem to be looking to want credit for ''breaking news'' when in fact you're just regurgitating old rumors and news from weeks ago. And repeating it over and over on multiple threads. 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

They may well. Thing is, you're not the 1st to claim this, we all know either scenario is likely/possible. You seem to be looking to want credit for ''breaking news'' when in fact you're just regurgitating old rumors and news from weeks ago. And repeating it over and over on multiple threads. 

Dinae read them then.problem solved.

22 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What kind of shameless crier are you?

A glib one. What kind of agent are you?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

A glib one. What kind of agent are you?

Tupperware would be my guess. 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Tupperware would be my guess. 

I was thinking ‘nerve’.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

♥️♥️♥️

I’m with you on this-there’s a core there that will be back to fight another day in the next few seasons. I don’t see Levein leading us to it but he can take some credit for bringing in the youth players that will win some trophies in the future.

At the moment we potentially have the strongest central defence in the league and we have absolute tanks at the forefront of our defence and attack with souttar and uche which intimidates the other teams. Scott browns reaction to Uche after the game said it all. Let’s bring another effective tank in and start bullying the opposition at tynecastle. 

We can’t compete financially at the moment but we can physically. Edwards is one of the fittest players in that league.

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

What kind of shameless crier are you?

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Nae bother sweetpea...we will see when levein stays and Walker signs.

Totally irrelevant if Levein stays and Walker signs!!! , why do you always just jump to personal crap? 

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Totally irrelevant if Levein stays and Walker signs!!! , why do you always just jump to personal crap? 

Their the ones asking the questions and started the personal crap...you've just found it necessary to jump in.

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Their the ones asking the questions and started the personal crap...you've just found it necessary to jump in.

Well that is me told. I shall forever turn a blind eye to the repeated bellend emojis you post when people question you now ?

Broxburn Jambo
12 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

That is a very good question. 

The answer may be that key players who have been recovering from injury were nursed back to fitness during the dead rubbers. Hickey gave us proper balance at left back and allowed us to commit Mulraney forward.

I might need to watch the game again to check but that was my immediate reaction.

Hickey had a great game yesterday and has a great chance of being a very good player but anyone who thinks he is the answer to the left back position next season is very wrong...………...FFS he is sixteen and as such his physicality will probably have at best 15 first team games in his young body

6 hours ago, Jodami said:

Yesterday was a great effort and there is promise within that squad. Ultimately though cup football is about winning the trophy and nothing else. 2019 is as good an opportunity as we will get but we couldn't seal the deal. We had a very fine team indeed that won the trophy in 98 but then never got to another final until the Romanov money came into the club.

The league is different, the true reflection of where a team actually is and let's be honest it's been disappointing. The money that's been wasted on disasters like Vanacek and the amount of players who need moved on because they are not good enough tells it's own tale. Levein is good at setting a team up to stop a superior opponent but his weakness is building a team that creates chances, particularly from open play. This is an issue against on paper inferior opponents (particularly at home) and even when you look at our first visit to Ibrox when we were going well he tried to be more attacking and we failed. We need changes at the club to help address some of these issues, particularly the coaching ones. This might mean Levein moving back upstairs (and I can understand that it would be stupid not to make use of him in the last year of his contract) but for me it definitely means changing principal members of the coaching staff at the club. 

It’s funny how people see things differently. In terms of “the amount of players who need moving on” - who do you mean?

For me the game showed yesterday that Levein built a decent squad. That team pushed Celtic very close and I would class Clare, Mulraney, Wighton, Edwards and McLean as all players signed as squad or longer term players initially. Doesn’t that show a certain amount of strength in depth? The problem this season was we had to rely on too many squad players for too many games due to injuries.

Levein had to build a complete new squad and team last summer and tbf he did a good job until injuries.

This summer he just has to strengthen the first team, with young players like Hickey already strengthening the squad. The squad is pretty strong. A very different challenge and I think we will see a couple of good signings, starting with Halkett and hopefully Naismith.

Who would you ship out who’s not on loan aside from the obvious (Martin if he’s still around)?

Edited by Guest

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Hickey had a great game yesterday and has a great chance of being a very good player but anyone who thinks he is the answer to the left back position next season is very wrong...………...FFS he is sixteen and as such his physicality will probably have at best 15 first team games in his young body

I said he gave us balance, i.e. a proper left back allowing Mulraney the freedom to get forward which we haven't really been able to do all season. No sure how you can interpret that as me saying he was the answer BJ?

Broxburn Jambo
3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I said he gave us balance, i.e. a proper left back allowing Mulraney the freedom to get forward which we haven't really been able to do all season. No sure how you can interpret that as me saying he was the answer BJ?

point taken

13 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Gary Naysmith and Alan McLaren both came in at that age or slightly older and tied down their position so it’s possible. If he keeps performing theres no reason Hickey or any young player can’t do it.

Broxburn Jambo
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Gary Naysmith and Alan McLaren both came in at that age or slightly older and tied down their position so it’s possible. If he keeps performing theres no reason Hickey or any young player can’t do it.

Alan McLaren 1 start in his first year 16 in his second year , a year older than Hickey and retired at 27

Gary Naysmith 1 Sub in his first year 12 in his second year,  18 at his first game

2 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Alan McLaren 1 start in his first year 16 in his second year , a year older than Hickey and retired at 27

Gary Naysmith 1 Sub in his first year 12 in his second year,  18 at his first game

Fair enough. I more meant they both proved they were the future in that position. Doesn't the fact they bedded in gradually mean 15 games for Hickey next year is a good thing? I could have sworn Naysmith played at 17 and McLaren was captain at 16 though?

Broxburn Jambo
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair enough. I more meant they both proved they were the future in that position. Doesn't the fact they bedded in gradually mean 15 games for Hickey next year is a good thing? I could have sworn Naysmith played at 17 and McLaren was captain at 16 though?

That's ok mate, I get confused all the time as well, to be fair when they were both that age we had decent strength in depth with senior players at the club, this allowed a decent build up for younger guys

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s funny how people see things differently. In terms of “the amount of players who need moving on” - who do you mean?

For me the game showed yesterday that Levein built a decent squad. That team pushed Celtic very close and I would class Clare, Mulraney, Wighton, Edwards and McLean as all players signed as squad or longer term players initially. Doesn’t that show a certain amount of strength in depth? The problem this season was we had to rely on too many squad players for too many games due to injuries.

Levein had to build a complete new squad and team last summer and tbf he did a good job until injuries.

This summer he just has to strengthen the first team, with young players like Hickey already strengthening the squad. The squad is pretty strong. A very different challenge and I think we will see a couple of good signings, starting with Halkett and hopefully Naismith.

Who would you ship out who’s not on loan aside from the obvious (Martin if he’s still around)?

First team squad players who have played this season who I think are not good enough and need moved on are Doyle, Garuccio, Lee, Bozanic and Edwards. I would assume that Djoum will leave, Vanacek will go and Shaughnessy will not return. Martin will undoubtedly sit out his last year but he is not even worth mentioning. 

Our midfield will be severely weakened by Djoum's departure and it is an area of the park that is a worry. There is a lack of pace, creation and goals. A couple of decent acquisitions and hopefully Burns (not a full back), Cochrane, Macdonald, Smith and Morrison pushing would be the way to go for me. But the style has to change, our transition through midfield needs to be a lot better. We need another striker as well, Uche would benefit from playing up with someone who is a more natural goalscorer and Naismith needs managed to help maintain his fitness. Wighton needs given more time but it's essential for him to build himself up physically, he's currently too weak and hopefully a bit more strength would help make him more confident. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
18 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

♥️♥️♥️

If anything it should confirm to you that we've not played anywhere near our best for the last 8 months. Poor back up signings and lack of effort from the coaches in standard league matches. Our lack of game-plan and preparation has cost us.

We need someone who is hungry in the dugout that will have the players up for every match.

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

If anything it should confirm to you that we've not played anywhere near our best for the last 8 months. Poor back up signings and lack of effort from the coaches in standard league matches. Our lack of game-plan and preparation has cost us.

We need someone who is hungry in the dugout that will have the players up for every match.

What the water told me is that taking the season as a whole I’m content to continue the journey under Levein, especially jnowing changes to the coaching team will be made.

38 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

What the water told me is that taking the season as a whole I’m content to continue the journey under Levein, especially jnowing changes to the coaching team will be made.

What about Levein’s body language though? Surely that is the best way to predict his future. You could have at least attempted an amateur psychological profile.

The bottom line is we still lost! Yes, there was a bit fight, determination, spirit...etc. But no reward at the end. Some positives to take, Hickey for example. Just as we saw with Cochrane last year. But he needs time to grow and develop. Some deadwood as well that needs cleared out. Getting rid of coaching staff, Daly, Fox and McPhee would be a good start. Mulraney, and Morrison wingers who can't go past players. Wighton, simply dreadful. Lee, who has no pace. Clare, heart of a mouse!....Get rid!

Problem is....It hard to see what radical changes will take place that will make Hearts a more direct, dynamic team when the head coach thinks we're actually doing no bad!    

I'm not fooled by Saturday.....This season has been shocking with some of the most mind numbing football I've had to watch in years.

Edited by Hashimoto

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Apparently losing at home to hibs and a cup final to celtic is enough for us to give Levein our 100% backing. 

Saturday as an experience was phenomenal but it doesn’t represent anything other than a dogged performance against a stronger side. 

If if we were to play St Mirren next week, you can bet your bottom dollar it would be back to the same old. 

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Apparently losing at home to hibs and a cup final to celtic is enough for us to give Levein our 100% backing. 

Saturday as an experience was phenomenal but it doesn’t represent anything other than a dogged performance against a stronger side. 

If if we were to play St Mirren next week, you can bet your bottom dollar it would be back to the same old. 

Part of me would usually agree but I can’t shake this nagging feeling that Saturday has given us a platform to build on and I would hate for it to be taken away just in case.  What happens if the next manager is a disaster like Cathro?  We have Saturday to build on, on and off the pitch and Levein should be given the opportunity to continue it regardless of the league campaign. 

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

What changes are happening?

Nookie Bear
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Part of me would usually agree but I can’t shake this nagging feeling that Saturday has given us a platform to build on and I would hate for it to be taken away just in case.  What happens if the next manager is a disaster like Cathro?  We have Saturday to build on, on and off the pitch and Levein should be given the opportunity to continue it regardless of the league campaign. 

Yeah I can see that and it gave me a few nagging doubts as well. 

A lot of “what ifs” right now. What if Naismith was fit? What if Vanacek had worked out? 

But i suppose injuries gave Hickey and Edwards their chance, so it works both ways? But, then again, will they be starting the first game next season? I suspect not. 

Will we play with that energy and drive from the first whistle against Hamilton and St Johnstone next season? 

If he stays, he stays. I don’t comment about it at games, I keep my moaning “in-house” on here...harmless!

Haringshairband
18 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Kinda torn about Mr Levein staying/going. I was all for him leaving with best wishes, we need a fresh approach. However, yesterday showed a lot of us that we can have an effective game plan from the off. I'm sill concerned we are too conservative and ''safety 1st'', even against the smaller teams. 

On balance I still feel he should continue as DoF, overseeing the academy and such, but he should step down as manager. I just want to see an aggressive, attacking Hearts side. 

This is exactly where I am at the moment.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Exactly. Motherwell and Aberdeen have also had valiant efforts in Cup Finals against Celtic over the last couple of years. In the end , it counts for nothing. To win trophies, you have to be able to go to Glasgow and beat the Old Firm and Levein has proved, over many years now, to be incapable of doing that. He worked on a system of frustrating  Celtic  and stopping them playing and it wss effective to an extent. That is not the same as going out and winning the game.  I think he is clearly trying to hang onto his job, talk of "dozens of young players coming through" is nothing more than another promise of jam tomorrow. Motherwell have brought through several promising young players who are first team regulars now, for example. The performance of Hickey was encouraging but it's early days yet. Cochrane, Godinho, Brandon Morrison may become established but who knows. There is no evidence that Levein is doing anything that isn't being done at every other Academy in the country. If he is then let him concentrate on that role and keep him away from firsr team involvement.  A fresh approach to our style of play and tactical set up is badly needed at first team level. The fans applauded the efforts of the players on Saturday but they also delivered their verdict on the league campaign ,a few weeks before, when the players came out after our last home game, to a deserted stadium. Successive 6th place finishes is not good enough and we need another Budgement Day.

bringonthesevco
13 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You say what if our next manager is a disaster like Cathro, a lot of us think our current manager is a disaster...

Cup Final and Semi are very good , but we didn’t beat much to get there.

6 th in the league (again) with the 4th biggest budget and yet more money wasted on some more awful signings .....

I’d be willing to take a chance that a new manager couldn’t do any worse....

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah I can see that and it gave me a few nagging doubts as well. 

A lot of “what ifs” right now. What if Naismith was fit? What if Vanacek had worked out? 

But i suppose injuries gave Hickey and Edwards their chance, so it works both ways? But, then again, will they be starting the first game next season? I suspect not. 

Will we play with that energy and drive from the first whistle against Hamilton and St Johnstone next season? 

If he stays, he stays. I don’t comment about it at games, I keep my moaning “in-house” on here...harmless!

Can’t argue much against that tbh.  I was less torn leaving the ex (not a good weekend) 

Edited by Inch Hearts