The team AND Levein

Bauld

Maiden Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Mate that kind of rhetoric just doenst cut it. I know many are on a high after the performance today but from my perspective what we showed today on the pitch was the minimum I would expect from any team playing a cup final. Dig deeper and we just dont have the players or management we should have. Kilmarnock have finished 3rd ffs we lost a massive points advantage over hibs yes we had bad luck with injuries but bottom line is we are severely lacking players that can make a difference. I stand by my original post bar souter and maybe hickey I would be happy not to see any of that team play for us again and I include berra in that. This team need 10/11 new players to even be close to what I expect from a hearts team

IMO we need creative mid a striker and maybe a LB. We have a good team there, I don't understand how folk don't see it 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Beast Boy

• Jammy T

• Enzo Chiefo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Morgan said:

I stopped reading at ‘alot’.

It perplexed me.  

It poleaxed me.

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Can you please re-post that in half-decent written English? I am struggling to understand what you are trying to say. 

Why do you think next season is going to be any better than this...?

17 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Fans are so fickle.

Of course We are. 

Football is a fickle business. If you win 1-0 in a scrappy match we heap praise on the team and unrealistically elevate players to a level that they are no where near. 

When we lose 1-0 we berate players, even those that had perfectly decent games. 

Bottom line it is a results driven business. If he stays he will have less than two months next season to prove he deserved it. No amount of hard luck stories or referencing the quality coming in the academy or statements about “the footballing set up working tremendously well” will cut it at that point. 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I stopped reading at ‘alot’.

It perplexed me.  

If only I had crayons handy ?

Just now, Agentjambo said:

If only I had crayons handy ?

Why?

Would they help you spell correctly?

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Why do you think next season is going to be any better than this...?

Why do you assume next season will not be an improvement upon this?

1 minute ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

IMO we need creative mid a striker and maybe a LB. We have a good team there, I don't understand how folk don't see it 

Because folk have been watching rotten football for 18 months pal. I'm a 43 year old jambo who loves nothing more than going to tynie on matchday but I haven't renewed yet because I genuinely dont see where we are going to improve unless severe changes are made

7 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Mate that kind of rhetoric just doenst cut it. I know many are on a high after the performance today but from my perspective what we showed today on the pitch was the minimum I would expect from any team playing a cup final. Dig deeper and we just dont have the players or management we should have. Kilmarnock have finished 3rd ffs we lost a massive points advantage over hibs yes we had bad luck with injuries but bottom line is we are severely lacking players that can make a difference. I stand by my original post bar souter and maybe hickey I would be happy not to see any of that team play for us again and I include berra in that. This team need 10/11 new players to even be close to what I expect from a hearts team

Your last sentence makes me wonder how long you’ve been watching Hearts.

We’ve had as many honking teams as we’ve had good ones over the years. We tend to get a good blend every 5-6 years and then it gets broken up.

Yes, there are some players we have on the books who probably aren’t good enough for the club. But I think your expectations are a long way off realistic.

1 minute ago, jambo1975 said:

Because folk have been watching rotten football for 18 months pal. I'm a 43 year old jambo who loves nothing more than going to tynie on matchday but I haven't renewed yet because I genuinely dont see where we are going to improve unless severe changes are made

Severe changes? Sounds drastic. ?

Maiden Gorgie

I've been watching the same stuff, I just get the feeling we will click very soon. Glass half full and aw that!

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Why do you assume next season will not be an improvement upon this?

Allow me.

alott.

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Severe changes? Sounds drastic. ?

With painful circumstances, one would imagine.

Agentjambo
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Why?

To help you understand correctly 

Just now, Doc Rob said:

We’ve had as many honking teams as we’ve had good ones over the years. We tend to get a good blend every 5-6 years and then it gets broken up.

Yes, there are some players we have on the books who probably aren’t good enough for the club. But I think your expectations are a long way off realistic.

I been watching hearts since I was 10 years old mate so 33 years. Are my expectations unrealistic? We had 13/14000 season tickets sold last year we throw thousands into foh and the best we can come up with is Craig Whighton? I dont think its unrealistic to expect better this attitude is why we appear to be happy with our current footballing set up. It's just not good enough when did we last put on a performance that you were happy with other than today? A semi final against a championship team? I expect us to be at worst 4th, we are in real terms 8th or 9th. It's not good enough change is needed

It’s a bit of a chore to understand you though. 

Agentjambo

Makesence.

Funny when folk cant back up their points the revert to slagging punctuation and spelling etc.

JamboGraham
1 minute ago, jambo1975 said:

we are in real terms 8th or 9th.

What does that mean?

I can assure you, I am more capable of understanding anything, than your very good self.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

So how many front men should we have in our squad?  6? 7?

Stop asking him questions, he is correct in what he's saying, address the situation instead of sweeping it under the carpet. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Funny when folk cant back up their points the revert to slagging punctuation and spelling etc.

It probably is. However, I genuinely cannot understand a word you post. ☹️

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s a bit of a chore to understand you though. 

A bit?

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Two errors there.

Improving.

Agentjambo

It probably is. However, I genuinely cannot understand a word you post. ☹️

Haha.

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

What does that mean?

It means without the split we would be further down the table. Maybe not 8th or 9th I was generalizing but I'm sure understood my point 

JamboGraham
Just now, jambo1975 said:

It means without the split we would be further down the table. Maybe not 8th or 9th I was generalizing but I'm sure understood my point 

OK, it’s not a generalisation that I buy due to fact that the teams in 7th, 8th and 9th play an additional 5 matches against the weakest sides in the division whilst to achieve our 6th place we have to play an additional 5 matches against the strongest sides in the division. Once the split kicks in the two half’s can’t meaningfully be cross referenced any longer.

Another generalisation is that the difference between our 6th position and being clear in 3rd is 4 matches, 5 more goals scored and 4 less conceded.

Both mine and yours are equally useless in providing context on the season just closed.

7 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

No, we wouldn’t. We finished with one point less than St Johnstone in 7th, after we played all the teams in the top half and they played none of them.

25 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Ok,let me ask you.what from this season do you base the opinion that next season is going to be alot better and levein is going to succeed after two 6th place finishes? 

A lot , such as the spine of the team , young players developing , a fully fit and preseasoned team with no injuries , a years extra gelling together and add 3/4 good quality players. Many ripped into Mulraney but look how he has developed in trying circumstances for instance. Tweaks to the coaching structure etc and I think we will do really well next season. I said in July/August I thought this was a season too quick to see the fruit of the changes after Cathro.

24 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

All this is spot on. Is unacceptable and can’t happen again. 

The question we all have to confront though is whether we think there are real positive signs for the next couple of seasons?

There are definitely some decent players there. There are some players who are starting to show signs. There are some talented youngsters. We surely can’t have another season with this level of injuries. We surely will sign a decent striker and at least one more flare player for the squad. 

Can Levein get it right? Is this the growing pains season that matures us to a properly good outfit? 

I’m happy to admit I really don’t know. I want to give Levein another chance. Maybe that is just sentiment. As an Arsenal sympathiser it feels much like I felt with Wenger, I so wanted him to succeed again and prove everyone wrong and there were always signs of hope but nothing really changed. Is this the same with Hearts and Levein? 

I’m totally on the fence. 

Football fans are fickle. Performance like that on a stage like that and people question their position had we not made two mistakes many others would of aswell. On the fence or not the underlying thing is after a shit league season we saw what we can do and now we need to do it all the time and with a better result at the end of it.

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Why?

?

13 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Indeed and hopefully now with the foundation being laid it won’t be broken up and the blend will be more consistent and not need rebuilt all the time.

5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

What does that mean?

?

3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

No, we wouldn’t. We finished with one point less than St Johnstone in 7th, after we played all the teams in the top half and they played none of them.

And do you think if we had played any of the teams in the bottom 6 we would have faired any better? My point is we just dont have the calibre of players I expect at our football club. I have been called out earlier for having "unrealistic expectations" bullshit we are the 3rd best supported team in the land, we as supporters put money in through season tickets, foh ect. I dont expect miracles what I expect is a team that can challenge in the top 3/4 in Scotland. What we have right now does not and will not do that. 

niblick1874
6 hours ago, Bauld said:

Dust yourselves off and go again next season.

**** it.

We can all see the effect the injuries have had on us. This game is no different but the heart and fight is there.

With players like Hickey coming through. Mulraney growing into the team. Getting Naismith signed and fit there are exciting times ahead.

The future is maroon. FTH

If I had one wish when it comes to football it would be to watch the Hearts with you

Graham Thomson
4 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Any other team would have beaten Celtic.To much passing back Berra when forward pass was on.

No they wouldn't 

Graham Thomson
6 hours ago, Bauld said:

Dust yourselves off and go again next season.

**** it.

We can all see the effect the injuries have had on us. This game is no different but the heart and fight is there.

With players like Hickey coming through. Mulraney growing into the team. Getting Naismith signed and fit there are exciting times ahead.

The future is maroon. FTH

Im with you 100% ?

8 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

No they wouldn't 

??

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Just heard levein is staying on next season...all the happy clappers got their wish.

?

32 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Just heard levein is staying on next season...all the happy clappers got their wish.

You just heard from where? What percentage mate?

Can someone go back to the threads from the summer of 2018 and see how many times we heard we’d see massive improvements this season cause the players would get a good pre season of running up sand dunes, signing a quality spine throughout the team etc etc. Be curious to see if it’s the same posters that are now posting this nonsense again. “All players fit” “a good pre season” “few players in” “about to click”. The bar has dropped so low amongst our support that many would accept us finishing 5th next season as it would be an improvement on 6th. The club is going nowhere under Levein. 

12 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You just heard from where? What percentage mate?

Another agent ? 74.658910247x10 to the power of 3

1 hour ago, jambo1975 said:

And do you think if we had played any of the teams in the bottom 6 we would have faired any better? My point is we just dont have the calibre of players I expect at our football club. I have been called out earlier for having "unrealistic expectations" bullshit we are the 3rd best supported team in the land, we as supporters put money in through season tickets, foh ect. I dont expect miracles what I expect is a team that can challenge in the top 3/4 in Scotland. What we have right now does not and will not do that. 

Yes, I do. Not controversial - if we had played 5 games against bottom 6 teams, we would have got more points. We finished 6th with one point less than St J in 7th, so we're not '8th or 9th' as you said. Maybe on later season form, but that's not what you said.

What you said about the team was, and I quote, "This team need 10/11 new players to even be close to what I expect from a hearts team". So you essentially think we need better players in every position to have a team you'd find acceptable. I'd suggest that the only times we have ever had a team like that in the last 30 years were the Alex MacDonald era, the first JJ era and the Burley/Vlad era. We were good in Levein's first spell and under Joe Jordan in the early 90s, but neither of those teams was better than this one in every position. If your yardstick for an acceptable Hearts team is one at the level of the best we've ever had in our lifetimes, then yes, I think you're being unrealistic.

4 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Yes, I do. Not controversial - if we had played 5 games against bottom 6 teams, we would have got more points. We finished 6th with one point less than St J in 7th, so we're not '8th or 9th' as you said. Maybe on later season form, but that's not what you said.

What you said about the team was, and I quote, "This team need 10/11 new players to even be close to what I expect from a hearts team". So you essentially think we need better players in every position to have a team you'd find acceptable. I'd suggest that the only times we have ever had a team like that in the last 30 years were the Alex MacDonald era, the first JJ era and the Burley/Vlad era. We were good in Levein's first spell and under Joe Jordan in the early 90s, but neither of those teams was better than this one in every position. If your yardstick for an acceptable Hearts team is one at the level of the best we've ever had in our lifetimes, then yes, I think you're being unrealistic.

My point is we should be capable of having a team to compete at best with the lower group of teams. This team is not capable of that 1 Zamal erratic at best 2 Smith a solid player but next year older and will struggle. 3 well we dont really have a left back. 4 souter can show class but liable to mistakes. 5 haring ok seems to be decent will concede him. 6 berra sorry he is finished a class player but lost pace and litterley looks frightened when he gets the ball. 7/8/9 lee/bozaic/clare all rotten and bring nothing. 10 doum plays well 1 in 10 games. 11 uche I dont see it sorry know hes a fan favourite but we play better without him. We should and could be able to find players in every position that ensure we finish top 4 next season.  We wont with the current manager

5 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

We really haven’t been watching rotten football for 18 months.

That is factually a lie.

Try again sunshine 

3 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

My point is we should be capable of having a team to compete at best with the lower group of teams. This team is not capable of that 1 Zamal erratic at best 2 Smith a solid player but next year older and will struggle. 3 well we dont really have a left back. 4 souter can show class but liable to mistakes. 5 haring ok seems to be decent will concede him. 6 berra sorry he is finished a class player but lost pace and litterley looks frightened when he gets the ball. 7/8/9 lee/bozaic/clare all rotten and bring nothing. 10 doum plays well 1 in 10 games. 11 uche I dont see it sorry know hes a fan favourite but we play better without him. We should and could be able to find players in every position that ensure we finish top 4 next season.  We wont with the current manager

Your point?

Your point is bullshit.

:)

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Can someone go back to the threads from the summer of 2018 and see how many times we heard we’d see massive improvements this season cause the players would get a good pre season of running up sand dunes, signing a quality spine throughout the team etc etc. Be curious to see if it’s the same posters that are now posting this nonsense again. “All players fit” “a good pre season” “few players in” “about to click”. The bar has dropped so low amongst our support that many would accept us finishing 5th next season as it would be an improvement on 6th. The club is going nowhere under Levein. 

And can anyone read some threads from October when we were all spunking over how good football we were playing?

Ok, so our manager had a heart attack and every single one of our key players got injured and we didn’t find a way of dealing with that....

But Jesus **** get a grip.

Edited by Jammy T

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We really haven’t been watching rotten football for 18 months.

That is factually a lie.

Try again sunshine 

Exactly, Robbie left in January 2017. It’s been 30 months of rotten football. 

3 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Exactly, Robbie left in January 2017. It’s been 30 months of rotten football. 

From when we were second and had just spanked Rangers 2-0?

Are you some sort of plant...sorry, plank?

I mean that’s top 2% idiot in the UK rating that post.

You can’t possibly be a Hearts fan/over 12 years old

Edited by Jammy T

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

What?

15 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You can’t possibly be a Hearts fan/over 12 years old

Again. What?

8 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Not at all. I'm with jambo1975 on this

Cause we've had keek teams in the past we are just meant to settle for our lot? Poor logic and loser mentality

We have third biggest budget and stability we've not had for some time. Certsinly at far greater a level than our poorer sides you mention.

I said before the game out our available players there wasnt any I could imagine lashing the ball in from 20+ yards, None have that in their locker. There's plenty that have applied themselves I'd keep around but most could easily be replaced.

Our squad is very samey. However they all played admirably yesterday so not the time for any real criticism.