Sir Alex the secret Jambo

Inch Hearts

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Thought he was a ***** 5 minutes ago.

I like him now.

Even considering his contribution and help with FoH ?

Remember reading this before. Think it was an interview at Dave Mackay’s funeral.

Said Hearts were his second team after Rangers and the Jimmy Wardhaugh admiration. 

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Shame he was never Hearts manager if he liked us that much

He almost was. If they hadn't won the league cup final replay, he'd have been gone from Old Trafford and was lined up to take the hot seat here. 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

He almost was. If they hadn't won the league cup final replay, he'd have been gone from Old Trafford and was lined up to take the hot seat here. 

Aw don't say that - we might have won the league a few times in the 90's

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Legend.

Wonder if he sees any Wardhaugh in Craig Wighton.

Wonder what he would make of you? ?

not a secret I have known this for years . when Ronaldo scored in a CL final he said he reminded him of THE KING WILLIE BAULD

7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Wonder what he would make of you? ?

Well, I am a miserable ***** too so we would probs get on.

16 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I've been told we were linked with him when he was at St.Mirren by my dad or at the same time we got MacDonald. No idea how true that is.

Can you imagine the weeg press allowing this to become common knowledge? It does not fit with their love-in with the tramps. 

We should keep up the pretense of utter underdogs until Christophe follows scum bag Broon up the Hampden steps

Mr Elwood P
32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Legend.

Wonder if he sees any Wardhaugh in Craig Wighton.

Undecided who would be more unimpressed with your tedious pish, Alex Ferguson or The Beatles. Pretty sure both would hate you.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Seem to remember claims from our eastern friends that his brother was a ball boy at the Giro.

Possibly still is.  Anyway, no surprise that the great man is a Jambo.  Won't impress some in Govan.

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Seem to remember claims from our eastern friends that his brother was a ball boy at the Giro.

Possibly still is.  Anyway, no surprise that the great man is a Jambo.  Won't impress some in Govan.

Sir Alex's brother Martin was a coach  with Hibs at one time iirc.

15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Undecided who would be more unimpressed with your tedious pish, Alex Ferguson or The Beatles. Pretty sure both would hate you.

I’m going with:

John Lennon

Sir Alex Ferguson

George Harrison

Ringo Starr

Sir Paul McCartney

in that order.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Sir Alex's brother Martin was a coach  with Hibs at one time iirc.

Around the time of the "Fozzy" Cup tie.

Apparently Alex warned him that if Hibs didn't keep a close eye on Robbo they were fecked. 

Took the wee man less than 3 minutes to prove it. 

jamboinglasgow

One the greatest figures in world football, any time he speaks about us you can tell he has a soft spot for Hearts.

John Findlay

His love grew stronger after the 86 cup final. As he mentions us in his post match interview. By us I mean the Hearts support for staying behind and giving the team a fantastic reception after the game. He was highly impressed.

Loved the coverage when he was here for Dave Mackay's funeral.  He's a Jambo all right.

Hope some of his magic rubs off on us for tomorrow , great man, should get him to do the team talk

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Well, I am a miserable ***** too so we would probs get on.

Sir Alex is very knowledgeable on the game of football, so you don't have that much in common

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

His love grew stronger after the 86 cup final. As he mentions us in his post match interview. By us I mean the Hearts support for staying behind and giving the team a fantastic reception after the game. He was highly impressed.

He as also spoken often about the work done by the FoH and is very impressed by the work Mrs Budge has done

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Sir Alex is very knowledgeable on the game of football, so you don't have that much in common

Ouch

:sob:

9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

SAF also has an affection for Hearts.

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Shame he was never Hearts manager if he liked us that much

He wouldn’t have stood a chance with some on here

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Means nothing. In the real world, they’re mocked mercilessly !

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't really like Man U or Aberdeen or St Mirren or Rangers. East Stirlingshire and St Johnstone meh.

So I really shouldn't like this fella, but he is a man with enormous feeling.

His first interview after the 1986 final.

I am obviously happy for my players, but I have to say this day should have been all about Hearts, I really feel for them.

Those words never left me. Whether he meant them or not, I was never too sure, but I believe with time they were actually genuine and heartfelt.

9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So true. If a young SAF rocked up here nowadays, we are the fan base who would turn our noses up, say he isn’t good enough for Hearts, and want him sacked before he managed to do the business. :lol:

23 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't really like Man U or Aberdeen or St Mirren or Rangers. East Stirlingshire and St Johnstone meh.

So I really shouldn't like this fella, but he is a man with enormous feeling.

His first interview after the 1986 final.

I am obviously happy for my players, but I have to say this day should have been all about Hearts, I really feel for them.

Those words never left me. Whether he meant them or not, I was never too sure, but I believe with time they were actually genuine and heartfelt.

Yer bang on. I'll never forget that Sunday. Looking back it had been a great season and a terrible 8 days. I always thought he showed great class after that victory. Acknowledging our efforts that year. You could see he meant it too.

His book on leadership was very interesting too. You just can't ague with his record as a manager. Sadly I don't think the next SAF would get the time needed to forge a club the way he did