Cup Final journeys.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Craig Gordons Gloves

My cup final journey begins in around 12 hours when my flight from Minneapolis takes off, big plane to Amsterdam, wee-er plane to Glasgow, couple of days at my mums before getting on a bus outside Diggers on Saturday morning. 

Mon the cup final journeys!! When are other people starting theirs? And where from?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• John S

• graygo

• Gavman81

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work on that effort ???

Mine will start at 6ish tomorrow evening. Train from Leamington Spa to Waverley, Uber to my parents then drive through with my old man on Saturday morning. Back home Monday evening.

Spitonastranger

Bus from my caravan to Prestwick, train to Glasgow Central, met my boy. Few beers onto Hampden to watch us lift the cup for the 4th time.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I am currently on business in Nicosia, Cyprus

I cant get away before Friday afternoon so my only options from Larnaca were to fly to Gatwick getting in at 1am, stay overnight and then fly up to Edinburgh Saturday morning. Annoyingly, BA/EZY don't fly to Edinburgh or Gatwick on Fridays.

So decided to fly Paphos to Manchester so I am closer to Edinburgh and as I'm getting in at 1am not much point in paying for a bed for a few hours only to get up for the train, earliest one being 6am ish which would have got me in Edinburgh 9.30am, not great by time drop luggage off with family etc, would have been cutting it fine for the Gorgie Express etc. Also didn't want to rely on FlyMaybe that morning.

So have booked an airport transfer from Manchester airport to Edinburgh, 4 hours! It only ended being about £50 more than what I would have paid for hotel + train.

So my journey consists of a 1.5 hour bus ride to Paphos airport, few hours kicking about there, 4.5 hour plane journey to Manchester, then a 4 hour taxi to Edinburgh (followed by the Gorgie Express a few hours later to Hampden).

Saturday happens to be my wedding anniversary too, so the cost isn't just financial :lol:

HHGH.

Robbo-Jambo
10 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

My cup final journey begins in around 12 hours when my flight from Minneapolis takes off, big plane to Amsterdam, wee-er plane to Glasgow, couple of days at my mums before getting on a bus outside Diggers on Saturday morning. 

Mon the cup final journeys!! When are other people starting theirs? And where from?

Do you live other there now mate.? 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 minutes ago, AngusOg said:

Excuse me, should have looked at Manchester Hearts who are running a bus.

Just a thought for next year

I'm aware they would have been running a bus but wouldn't have worked for me for a variety of reasons I wont bore you with. I have to get back to Jersey on Sunday from Glasgow just to complicate things :smile: 

Was touring Spain in our motorhome when we beat ICT so had to curtail our trip booked a ferry from zebrugge to Hull arrived in UK today overnighting in Moffat tonight. Might have to pick up tickets from tynecastle on Friday as daughter doesn't remember asking for them to be posted out. Bus from Lithgae at 10am to a club in weegie land on Saturday.

Not as glamorous a journey for me, up early in Bonnyrigg, 31 into the grapes for opening then onto the bus on Clerk Street straight through to the indoor bowling club and then a stumble round to Hampden to hopefully enjoy another Scottish Cup win.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
6 minutes ago, AngusOg said:

Not a problem, just a thought.

Cheers pal. It was one thing that occurred to me but I also have my luggage from being in Cyprus for 2 weeks including work laptop etc, didn't fancy leaving that on a bus in Mount Florida.

Out of curiosity, does the Manchester bus go back down there after cup finals, or if, sorry when, we win does it go through to Gorgie for the celebrations

cjambo1993
33 minutes ago, graygo said:

Wow, some PHM already on this thread. :bravo:

Agreed. Makes me feel a wee bit bad that my flat is a 20-minute walk to the stadium. 

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Getting a 44 from Currie to Stratties. 

Winner. Close thread. :whistling:

Driving up from Cheltenham Friday afternoon whilst ‘working from home’ to stay with my brother who lives in Glasgow.

Driving back Sunday hopefully with a bit of a sore head ?

6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Winner. Close thread. :whistling:

I am then getting a 10.00 bus to the game though mate so all good. Club Neptune.....

Online reviews appear enticing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Depart Aberdeen 9.30 pretty timid compared to some of the epics about to hear of

I actually can’t wait now. Getting that wee feeling of butterflies and just want it to be Saturday morning. 38 year old but like a wee laddie. 

Craig Gordons Gloves
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Do you live other there now mate.? 

Yeah, been here 13 years. This weekends journey isn’t a patch on the journey I had for the 2012 cup final. I was already due to be in Scotland the week before that game so when we won the semi I extended our trip a week. But then my company called a mandatory meeting in Vegas in the week running up to it. So I had to fly from here, Scotland for 2 weeks, then Edinburgh-Manchester-Philadelphia- Vegas on the Monday, reverse the route on the Thursday, arriving back in Edinburgh on the 18th, Cup Final on the 19th and back to Minneapolis on the Monday. Worth it though!

I'm a Cub Scout Leader, and it's our Cub Camp this weekend!!

I'm camping on Friday night, up early for breakfast on Saturday, pick up my son in Aberdeenshire, drive down to Glasgow for the game, drive back to Aberdeenshire after the game, back to the camp on Saturday night so I am there for breakfast on Sunday morning!

(yes, there will be other leaders at the camp on Saturday!)

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Yeah, been here 13 years. This weekends journey isn’t a patch on the journey I had for the 2012 cup final. I was already due to be in Scotland the week before that game so when we won the semi I extended our trip a week. But then my company called a mandatory meeting in Vegas in the week running up to it. So I had to fly from here, Scotland for 2 weeks, then Edinburgh-Manchester-Philadelphia- Vegas on the Monday, reverse the route on the Thursday, arriving back in Edinburgh on the 18th, Cup Final on the 19th and back to Minneapolis on the Monday. Worth it though!

Bloody hell, that's some trip. As you say worth it though. Let's hope for some more glory on Saturday. Safe journey to you. ?

jamboy1982

Leave Shetland about 4 on Friday evening then fly back Sunday afternoon. Quick visit so I’ll miss the parade in Sunday 

There's been a lot of negativity this season but reading this thread has made me really excited for Saturday to spend the day with 20,000 like-minded fans who have travelled near and far to cheers us on.

My only hope is that for the day we are all united, all pulling together to watch the team fight in unity and leave everything they have out there on the pitch. Do that and we can't ask for anymore. Win or lose, if the effort has been there I'll be very proud. C'mon Hearts!!

August Landmesser

Bus up Leith Walk to Waverley, train at 1030 to The Weej, spot of lunch and some refreshments in Pollokshaws, stroll to Hampden, watch us ragdoll the tramps, then back to the Digger's.

Doesn't sound very epic, but lemme tell ya, Leith Street is a nightmare these days!

BelgeJambo

Friday itinerary - Train from Halle into Brussels followed by bus to Charleroi. Meet up with a few Brussels Hearts fans for pre flight drinks.

Flight to Edinburgh then picked up and taken to deepest darkest West Lothian where my host will no doubt ply me with quant-is amount of alcohol before boarding the bus Saturday to Hampden via a watering hole not yet known  

HHGH

Edited by BelgeJambo

portobellojambo1

Can't match some of the trips I've been reading about above. Saturday morning, up at 06:00 am, in the flat in Stewart Terrace, Gorgie. Jump in the shower, shave, get dressed, pop into Stratties for a drink at 06:30 on my way to Scotmid to get a couple of rolls. Back home, eat and then head to Haymarket around 08:30. Onto the bus around 09:15, off to our watering hole in Mount Florida, drink copious amounts of alcohol until about 14:15. Head to the game, watch us destroy theses terrorist loving tramps, back to Gorgie and if I'm still alive I'll think about going to work on Monday morning, 27 May.

Hope everyone going has a fantastic day out, and your trip here and home go well.

Downstairs from the bedroom to the living room with the laptop.  Being extra careful not to trip at 1.00am, should take around 20 seconds.

Beat that!

PHM.

My son was living in Toronto in 2012; he flew home for the final, arrived on Thursday returned on the Tuesday.

He now lives in Cincinnati, he flew home yesterday, arrived this morning and he'll return to Cincinnati on Tuesday.

Brought up the right way!

Craig Gordons Gloves
7 hours ago, John S said:

My son was living in Toronto in 2012; he flew home for the final, arrived on Thursday returned on the Tuesday.

He now lives in Cincinnati, he flew home yesterday, arrived this morning and he'll return to Cincinnati on Tuesday.

You should be very proud! I have my obligatory airport pint, flying back 6am on Monday ?

camgriffith
7 hours ago, John S said:

I left Toronto for the 2012 final. Pretty sure your son and I had some beers. We were the younger of the gang of jambos at Pearson that day. Believe he was playing football in Toronto if I’m thinking of the same person. Leaving Toronto in 23 hours with my wife, return Monday. Father raised me right as well. Born and raised in Canada but it’s all about the jambos!

I reckon this lad is a winner, unless we have anyone travelling from Christmas island or New Zealand. ??

564D4DD3-24D6-41C0-A7DA-1A6CDA1A08F0.thumb.jpeg.dae8cb240c5c20f2d547256f6dc1ad25.jpeg

4 hours ago, camgriffith said:

I left Toronto for the 2012 final. Pretty sure your son and I had some beers. We were the younger of the gang of jambos at Pearson that day. Believe he was playing football in Toronto if I’m thinking of the same person. Leaving Toronto in 23 hours with my wife, return Monday. Father raised me right as well. Born and raised in Canada but it’s all about the jambos!

Yes Camgriffith, that's him, he was playing PDL soccer in Canada between college seasons.

I remember I met your flight which landed in Glasgow.  It was amazing to see the number of Jambos coming through arrivals, looked liked a Hearts charter had arrived.  Ron Ross was on the flight and we gave him and his daughter a lift through from Glasgow.

Pleased to see you coming "home" again, and with your wife too!  Hope you have safe travels. My son has traveled with his US girlfriend.  I hope you both enjoy being back in Scotland, and it goes without saying that I hope we all have reason to celebrate on Saturday.

Being raised the right way is important, it produces good people!

HHGH

The Treasurer

Some great posts on this thread.

Safe journey to all, especially those travelling from darkest Leith

J.T.F.Robertson

I arrived last Thursday for my annual visit, 6 weeks. Not going to the game though (rotten tomatoes at the ready) and plan to just watch it on the box, more than likely in the Mill.

Definitely not expecting much but hoping against hope to be proved wrong.

sprinbox98
52 minutes ago, John S said:

Yes Camgriffith, that's him, he was playing PDL soccer in Canada between college seasons.

I remember I met your flight which landed in Glasgow.  It was amazing to see the number of Jambos coming through arrivals, looked liked a Hearts charter had arrived.  Ron Ross was on the flight and we gave him and his daughter a lift through from Glasgow.

Pleased to see you coming "home" again, and with your wife too!  Hope you have safe travels. My son has traveled with his US girlfriend.  I hope you both enjoy being back in Scotland, and it goes without saying that I hope we all have reason to celebrate on Saturday.

Being raised the right way is important, it produces good people!

HHGH

Having lived in New Zealand for a few years, posts like this always make me smile!

good work lads and enjoy the weekend ahead!

davemclaren
13 hours ago, John S said:

Nice one John. 

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I arrived last Thursday for my annual visit, 6 weeks. Not going to the game though (rotten tomatoes at the ready) and plan to just watch it on the box, more than likely in the Mill.

Definitely not expecting much but hoping against hope to be proved wrong.

Virtual rotten tomato thrown! ?

Quesada Jambo

Leave home at 8am Friday, drive to Alicante Airport, flight to Glasgow then bus to the Capital and meeting some pals in the Guildford. Return Monday morning

Midloth_Iain

Bus from Gilmerton to Motherwell, liquid breakfast, onwards to Hampden.

Less glamorous than my epic 2006 trip which saw me fly home from holiday , from Auckland to Hong Kong to Heathrow, arriving HR on the Saturday morning - flight to Edinburgh delayed so missed my supporters bus and had to drive through, arrived at Hampden at 14:50 ......

letsalldothebeattie

Nothing spectacular my old man is giving me a lift to the Borders supports bus then across to Glasgow, pub for plenty drink before making my way to Hampden to see us lift the famous trophy once again

Do the Rudi Skacel

Leave Dubai tomorrow lunchtime for Glasgow. Car to Edinburgh. Gorgie Express on Saturday from Tynie to Hampden. Can’t bloody wait.

Flew over from Brisbane, Australia last Thursday :) Ready for the final on Saturday and running in the half marathon on Sunday before the cup parade to Gorgie in the  afternoon ;)  

5 hours ago, Sharky999 said:

I reckon this lad is a winner, unless we have anyone travelling from Christmas island or New Zealand. ??

564D4DD3-24D6-41C0-A7DA-1A6CDA1A08F0.thumb.jpeg.dae8cb240c5c20f2d547256f6dc1ad25.jpeg

Flegz. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Some great posts on this thread.

Safe journey to all, especially those travelling from darkest Leith

It's the journey back I'm worried about most when we win - stumbling home pished past the Harp & Castle at chucking out time - will I keep my gob shut?

Dave The Rave
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

07:38 Newcastle to Glasgow Central train on Saturday. 

No return has been booked! ? ? 

Same train as me 07:38 from Newcastle central ??