Guardiola off?

Tazio

Inch Hearts
11 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Football has got to be the only job in the world where you can get criticised for managing ‘big clubs’/getting a big job. :laugh:

‘Hang on Mr Gates, the manager position and huge salary at Microsoft is tempting but I’d really like to instead manage my local Lidl to better sales than Aldi.’

:lol: 

rudi must stay

So yes it seems like he's not leaving Man City and that journalist and his huge and load of **** news wasn't true

Can see Pep sticking around for one more season at City. One last crack at the Champions League.

Juve is a bit risky. Very similar to the Bayern job. No real competition for domestic success so the pressure is on European results.

He still romped to the Bundesliga every season at Bayern in true Pep style, but never made it past the final 4 of the CL, so in some ways he's just another Bayern manager. Jupp Heynckes is considered a better Bayern manager than he.

Big Slim Stylee
9 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I can see why this would simultaneously bring tears of joy and misery to thousands of plastic supporters up here. We should set up a support phone line for them, like when Robbie left Take That. ?

Showing-your-age-type-post right there ?

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Showing-your-age-type-post right there ?

Might as well let folk online know I'm old... they don't get the benefit of marvelling at my grey pubes.

Big Slim Stylee

Showing-my-age-type reply, if I’m honest.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

13 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Guardiola is undoubtedly a great manager. The one thing I'd like to see him do is not manage the wealthiest team in the league/world and see how he gets on then. 

Barcelona... while Madrid were not at their best. This point is arguable.

Bayern... virtually guaranteed the title every year

Man City...untold wealth.

I'd like to see him take on a challenge. Port Vale. perhaps?

Seriously though, he's treating his career like a project, wants to manage in every top league in Europe...but only if that team is in one way or another the biggest in that league. He's like the biggest on Football Manager. Take on a challenge FFS. Build something, leave a legacy. 

Still like him, though.

Yeah, I agree. He's obviously a good manager, but if he all he wants to do is shoot fish in a barrel then he'd be as well just taking the Celtic job. I'm not trying to devalue what he's achieved because he's absolutely at the top of his game and I can't not be impressed by it, but I'd love to see him do something ambitious. Take on a project, build a legacy. Roma are getting a new stadium at some point. Turning them into winners I think would be a fantastic achievement. 

Winning the league for the 9th, 10th 11th time in a row with Juve isn't an achievement. 

On 22/05/2019 at 18:14, OTT said:

Yeah, I agree. He's obviously a good manager, but if he all he wants to do is shoot fish in a barrel then he'd be as well just taking the Celtic job. I'm not trying to devalue what he's achieved because he's absolutely at the top of his game and I can't not be impressed by it, but I'd love to see him do something ambitious. Take on a project, build a legacy. Roma are getting a new stadium at some point. Turning them into winners I think would be a fantastic achievement. 

Winning the league for the 9th, 10th 11th time in a row with Juve isn't an achievement. 

It could be argued that the Man City job wasn't his biggest challenge either with the financial backing they have.   He also took Bayern job, a club that dominate German football the way that OF dominate Scotland.  He's a great manager but would be interesting to see how well he would have done at Liverpool for instance.   

The Real Maroonblood
On 22/05/2019 at 18:14, OTT said:

Very much this.

It would be great for cheque book managers to take some sort of project on.

the general
47 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Set to be unveiled at Juventus on 14 June.

Wonder how this post will age

Stephane Grappelli
9 minutes ago, the general said:

Wonder how this post will age

Could go one of two ways.  Personally, I can't wait.