***Official Celtic v Hearts Match Thread (not the final)***

tartofmidlothian

simplesimon
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I can't shake the feeling that he considers us beneath him.

Agree with this, he's not playing at the level he expected to a couple of years ago.  However, he's one player that could turn up and do something special next week, will be disappointed if he's not starting.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• Harry Potter

• BOBTHEBRUCE

• letsalldothebeattie

VagabondJambo

Best half for ages.

However, I hope our coaching staff drum it into our players that the goals are at the OTHER end!  Far too many back-passes as their first choice - they’re obviously coached to do that.

Too many potential attacks have ended up with Bobby.

We have energy, enthusiasm and skill out there.  We can win this - but not by back-passing or buck-passing!

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I can't shake the feeling that he considers us beneath him.

Have exactly the same feeling. Probably believes he should be at Real Madrid.

No doubt he’ll be man of the match next week and score the winner now! :lol:

All will be forgiven!

Just now, simplesimon said:

Agree with this, he's not playing at the level he expected to a couple of years ago.  However, he's one player that could turn up and do something special next week, will be disappointed if he's not starting.

I wouldn't have him near the cup final team. It's going to be hard enough without us carrying passengers.

Its all any of us want, especially when going through to Glasgay....get in peoples faces, let them know they are in a game, and get in the last 3rd and show a bit if belief....so far very happy with what we have served up....

Young Hickey has really impressed, Andy Irvine hopefully steps up in pre season and stakes a claim on this showing, even young Smith has shown the desire and energy so far....

Hopefully we replicate the desire and energy in the 2nd 45 mins as we have done in the 1st.... ☺

Edited by GavK1012

stevie1874
1 minute ago, VagabondJambo said:

Best half for ages.

However, I hope our coaching staff drum it into our players that the goals are at the OTHER end!  Far too many back-passes as their first choice - they’re obviously coached to do that.

Too many potential attacks have ended up with Bobby.

We have energy, enthusiasm and skill out there.  We can win this - but not by back-passing or buck-passing!

It’s called keeping the ball, would you rather we launched it forward when put under pressure with no pass on?

Diadora Van Basten

Would like to see Mulraney further forward. The graphic at the start shows us as playing 4-3-3 but we look more like a 4-5-1

Captain Canada

This is the best we've played in a long time. I know we're up against a weakened side but we're trying to pass it on the deck and the movement is good. 

Clare must have a holiday booked for next weekend as he's doing his best to play his way out of the squad. Decent assist for the goal, but Wighton's closing down made the opportunity really. 

Hickey looks good again Mulraney is doing very well. 

simplesimon
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I wouldn't have him near the cup final team. It's going to be hard enough without us carrying passengers.

We're not going to win with 100%ers.  We need someone who can create something, Clare's one and I'm not sure we have any others.

Give guard of honour and that tit at sky still criticised us for not clapping. Why is she even a presenter? She never fails to amaze me with her lack of football knowledge and is awkward as feck in front of the camera 

BOBTHEBRUCE

I'd like to see us have another option up the scoring end of the park. We're playing well but there's a lot of sideways and backwards passes. 

You can see Souttar getting a bit frustrated at times and bursting forward with the ball. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Would like to see Mulraney further forward. The graphic at the start shows us as playing 4-3-3 but we look more like a 4-5-1

Looked a more 4-3-2-1 to me. 

The Internet

I didn't think a footballer could look younger than Hickey but Dembele manages it. 

3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I'd take him off soon tbh.

We'll need him next week.

AlphonseCapone

Edwards, that's utterly unacceptable. Why do professional footballers allow themselves to get into that situation. 

The Internet

I mean has anything ever been more inevitable than dembele scoring the winner here? 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I mean has anything ever been more inevitable than dembele scoring the winner here? 

It will be the highlight of his Celtic career.

Clare is a player that can win games, you

dont usually get grafters that produce special moments and vice versa

Jambof3tornado
Just now, salvo69 said:

Not enough special moments to excuse his laziness though.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, salvo69 said:

How many games has he won us? 

1 minute ago, salvo69 said:

You will have countless examples of that over the last few months I take it?

heartsfc_fan

No chance Clare will start next week. Problem is, who do we sub on for him? Brandon?