Jump to content
Marvin

Square sausage

Recommended Posts

Restonbabe
5 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

 

 

 

Was down there during the summer as took my children on a caravan holiday like I used to do when I was young. Went to Coldingham bay and St Abbs harbour and all the memories came flooding back.

 

Beautiful part of the world 

You don't need to caravan there are loads of holiday let's in Coldingham. One right next to both pubs. And 2 I know off around the corner next to the spar. All within walking distance of the campsites and beach 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Can you still buy the round slice sausage?

 

Aye but its square sausage apparently. Lile the rectangle stuff that square sausage.XHl9IPaZ_300g-round-slice.thumb.jpg.3ee5846f9d66b90a4292938b0410c02f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chester copperpot
51 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

You don't need to caravan there are loads of holiday let's in Coldingham. One right next to both pubs. And 2 I know off around the corner next to the spar. All within walking distance of the campsites and beach 

 

 

If you read my post again, the reason I took them on a caravan holiday was to let them see what my holidays were like as a kid. They had no wifi for the week or anything, it was awesome and we communicated like a family again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

Aye but its square sausage apparently. Lile the rectangle stuff that square sausage.XHl9IPaZ_300g-round-slice.thumb.jpg.3ee5846f9d66b90a4292938b0410c02f.jpg

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

 

 

If you read my post again, the reason I took them on a caravan holiday was to let them see what my holidays were like as a kid. They had no wifi for the week or anything, it was awesome and we communicated like a family again!

Well done.

It would benefit you being Kickback free for a week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Budgie's Boyfriend

I miss Pork , now every burger is beef , where does one get big thin pork burgers , like the one's you get from some greasy spoon vans .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Gentleman
15 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

 

That's sliced sausage.

 

If it's square or rectangular, it's square sausage.

 

If it's being discussed by some arsehole in Morningside, it's lorne sausage.

 

And that's the lesson for today.

Sure it's not "lawn sausagé" there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

I miss Pork , now every burger is beef , where does one get big thin pork burgers , like the one's you get from some greasy spoon vans .

goblin burgers in cans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Plank
Posted (edited)

I vaguely remember sliced red sausage that was round with red plastic round it like black pudding. I’m guessing this is a thing of the past?

Edited by Plank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
20 minutes ago, Plank said:

I vaguely remember sliced red sausage that was round with red plastic round it like black pudding. I’m guessing this is a thing of the past?

Red pudding mate, a classic. Used to get my stock from Bowman's the pork butcher in Leith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well done.

It would benefit us all you being Kickback free for a week.

 

 

FTFY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

FTFY.

:trippin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:trippin:

 

It was aimed at CC not you, but to answer your question - yes.   

 

 

1519821430.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
Just now, graygo said:

 

It was aimed at CC not you, but to answer your question - yes.   

 

 

1519821430.jpg

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well done.

It would benefit you being Kickback free for a week.

 

 

It would benefit Kickback being Chester free for a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Red pudding mate, a classic. Used to get my stock from Bowman's the pork butcher in Leith.

 

Chippie in Callander used to do a good one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, graygo said:

 

FTFY.

 

Beat me to it, graygo, you dog. 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady
On 16/05/2019 at 14:52, AlphonseCapone said:

Sliced sausage :facepalm:

 

Lorne sausage is for posh folk. 

 

Square sausage is correct. 

Slicing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie
Posted (edited)

.

Edited by Stephen Muddie
Not the right video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemongrab
40 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Slicing

Unless you're buying a whole one to slice yourself, It's already been sliced when you buy it. Or are you a butcher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie

Anglo-saxons are weird. It's lorne sausage to anyone who isn't conquered mentally. Square and sliced are gentile expressions.

Farmfoods do frozen square haggis BTW. Great for a sausage/haggis/egg tripler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

Unless you're buying a whole one to slice yourself, It's already been sliced when you buy it. Or are you a butcher?

Anglo-saxons are weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

Unless you're buying a whole one to slice yourself, It's already been sliced when you buy it. Or are you a butcher?

Its just what I've always know it as.

 

My Grandad called it slicing so that was good enough for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Anglo-saxons are weird.

Anglo-Celts are even weirder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie
31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Anglo-Celts are even weirder.

Aye I don't really like Celtic very much. This thread is worthless without Picts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Natural Order

For normal people it's Lorne (Square Stuff) or Sliced (Round Stuff) Sausage. For Schemies it's Square Sausage.

 

Should ALWAYS be baught from a butcher as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie
Posted (edited)

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, I wasn't referring to slicing as sliced. @The Natural Order Gotta agree with your post. Schemies call it (lorne) square or sliced, probably 'cause they think in their inverted snobbishness that "lorne" sounds gey, posh or some other such rebellion against normal language.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, I wasn't referring to slicing as sliced. @The Natural Order Gotta agree with your post. Schemies call it (lorne) square or sliced, probably 'cause they think in their inverted snobbishness that "lorne" sounds gey, posh or some other such rebellion against normal language.

Aye, that's it. Maybe it's easier to say square. Lorne, only certain folk call it this or sliced. Usually on some offender's list.

 

Oh and if you're gonnae try to be smart, you and The natural order maybe should learn to spell, first. 

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, that's it. Maybe it's easier to say square. Lorne, only certain folk call it this or sliced. Usually on some offender's list.

 

Oh and if you're gonnae try to be smart, you and The natural order maybe should learn to spell, first. 

WTF are you talking about you strange man? I've reviewed my post and nothing is spelled (or spelt) incorrectly, unless deliberately.

Have a great day, sadsack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

WTF are you talking about you strange man? I've reviewed my post and nothing is spelled (or spelt) incorrectly, unless deliberately.

Have a great day, sadsack.

You're post is in English, you've spelt Gay in old Scots. And you're mate has spelt bought wrong, unless he's gey, that is.

 

 

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You're post is English. You've spelt Gay in old Scots. And you're mate has spelt bought wrong unless he's gey, that is.

 

 

"Unless deliberate"... You must have the IQ of an amoeba.

EDIT: Oh, and the English skills of a primary three.

1. It's "Your"
2. End sentences with full stops, please.
3. Start new sentences with capital letters.
4. Shouldn't really start sentences with "and".
5. It's "your".
6. "Wrong" isn't wrong exactly, but it's poor use of language. "Incorrectly" would be more, er, correct

:jjyay:

Edited by Stephen Muddie
spelling! Oh, and grammar!!!! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Just now, Stephen Muddie said:

"Unless deliberate"... You must have the IQ of an ameoba

Na, I don't think so. But you keep telling yourself that. It will help you keep your IQ above gnats tadger.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Na, I don't think so. But you keep telling yourself that. It will help you keep your IQ above gnats tadger.

 

 

Yeah, I'm not that good at typing quickly on a proper keyboard any more, hence I corrected it instantly. Penises don't have IQs (you're proof of that), only brains.

I didn't even ask you to put "Gay" (why the capital letter???) in quotation marks, but I could have, BTW.

Can't wait to see what you're saying to me on Brexit, weird man.

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq

Flat or square sausage in my house growing up. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan_R

frozen Belchers ones on a piece with fried onions is what is all about.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamboelite

Its Lorne sausage.

 

The end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×