Favourite goals v Celtic 1980's onwards

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle

Looking to put together a montage of fans favourite goals against Celtic for my youtube channel to help gee up our support in the lead up to the final - comment below with your 10 favourite strikes against celtic but make sure it is from 1983 onwards so I can source the videos

Maroon Sailor

Scott Crabbe at Darkheid in a 2-1 win. 

Edited by Maroon Sailor

letsalldothebeattie

Jose Quitongo late equaliser at Tynie 98

Ismael Bouzid bullet header 09

Osman Sow free kick 2015

Harry Cochrane to kick start the thumping of the invincibles 

Stephane Grappelli

Ian Ferguson, Hearts 1-0 Celtic, a few days before Christmas 1992.

Really frosty pitch and we scored after about a minute.  First time I saw us beat that mob (I think) and that goal has been quite hard to track down.

Stephane Grappelli

Willie Jamieson equaliser 1994/95 season.

Robbo scoring earlier that season to end their unbeaten start.

Robbo in the League Cup 1996/97.

Craig Beattie.

Austin McCann.

SpruceBringsteen

All the best ones already claimed, but I'll add Roman Bednar's late winner in the 2-1 game against Celtic in 2006(?) when wooden teeth came off the bench for them and sent him through an absolute cracker. :cool:

Colquhoun’s 30 yarder back in the 80s. What a goal. They should remake Back from the Brink and show it in IMAX. 

Gary Naysmith at Parkhead 

Velicka x2 Parkhead 

Aguiar free kick at the Roseburn end 

Driver free kick at Parkhead  

22 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Really frosty pitch and we scored after about a minute.  First time I saw us beat that mob (I think) and that goal has been quite hard to track down.

Brings back memories. 

Mate and I bumped into Big Bernie and Rover in "Worthies" a few hours after the game then went over the road to the Clock Inn. Celtic fans outnumbered the windows and it got a bit tense but no harm done in the end. 

If it was your first win v. Celtic you'll possibly be too young to recall Bernie, the pubs and the dug but like I say...memories. ?

The goals by Robbo and Galloway to put us 0-2 up at Parkhead in Dec '87 were brilliant. Head to head between the top 2 in the table and we were superb for 80+ mins. 

Undone by a dodgy penalty and a late defensive lapse but we looked like potential Champions that day. Despite the 2-2 FT. 

Montgomery Brewster
46 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

1978 but these two still fresh in the memory

The one and only buzzbomb. Oh for 10 outfield players with his effort.

a leg end 

Stephane Grappelli
25 minutes ago, martoon said:

Brings back memories. 

Mate and I bumped into Big Bernie and Rover in "Worthies" a few hours after the game then went over the road to the Clock Inn. Celtic fans outnumbered the windows and it got a bit tense but no harm done in the end. 

If it was your first win v. Celtic you'll possibly be too young to recall Bernie, the pubs and the dug but like I say...memories. ?

Aye, I know who he is.  Still see him kicking about Gorgie!

Maroon Sailor
16 minutes ago, martoon said:

The goals by Robbo and Galloway to put us 0-2 up at Parkhead in Dec '87 were brilliant. Head to head between the top 2 in the table and we were superb for 80+ mins. 

Undone by a dodgy penalty and a late defensive lapse but we looked like potential Champions that day. Despite the 2-2 FT. 

A late equaliser in a 2-2 draw, we had left early with us 2-1 down. We’re taking dogs abuse on London road with the locals thinking it had gone 3-1, needless to say we were chased to our car after our wee celebratory retaliation and escaped with our lives but only just,lol. Oh and I’m sure it was Stevie frail who scored.

GlasgoJambo

Always a bit pish to include a goal from a defeat but Chesney in the cup at Hampden

Also we booed the pope ?

Enzo Chiefo

Robbo at Parkhead (1-0) in Oct 86. Near the start of our long unbeaten run that season. He ended up being stretchered off with what looked like a serious neck injury. 

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I have vivid memories of a crashing Neil Berry header winner in a midweek cup (I think) game, probably round about 1987.

Was that not a league game when we stopped them beating our unbeaten run from 85/86? Maybe I"m thinking about another game when Chuck scored the winner??

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Was that not a league game when we stopped them beating our unbeaten run from 85/86? Maybe I"m thinking about another game when Chuck scored the winner??

Yep looked up London Hearts. league game in December 86.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yep looked up London Hearts. league game in December 86.

Ok cheers.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Gary Naysmith

10:50

Niemi's save, it doesn't get any better than this. He was worth 12 points to our season every year he played for us. 

millerjames398

Robbos goal v them in the lge cup, when naysmith and Andy thorn played starring roles,

The Austin McCann rocket game,

And stevie frails equalising goal v them at darkhead in the 90s, all goals in the Henry's save game,,great days??

David Hagen at Hampden v. Celtic in 1995. Late goal to win 0-1. 

Midweek game a few weeks after the horrific semi final v. Airdrie. There was only a few hundred Jambos there and, tbh, I only attended because I happened to be in Glasgow that night. 

Never seen tv footage of the goal, don't know if any exists, but it helped keep us out of the relegation play off's that season. 

I am lower than a snakes belly re all things Hearts related on the park just now & have been quite a while... ?

But, have to say, threads like like ignite a bit of spark that there is always a chance the footballing gods could be smiling down upon us soon ??

Some stunning efforts and goals mentioned....that Crabbo goal ?? dear lord ??? hopefully someone in the current squad has the balls to step up and give us another Beattie, Crabbe, Rudi or Jamieson moment of beauty ????

8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Gary Naysmith

10:50

Thanks for posting.  Didnt half enjoy it.  No recollection of that game.

The guy Simpson looked terrific yet I have no recollection of him.

Willie Johnston free kick c.83/84 at Tynie. One down due to a Burns goal, Johnstone drove in a free kick iirc at the gorgie road end.

Skippy Doodle

Cheers for the all the suggestions so far guys. Hagen and Berry apart I’m sure I have all the other goals mentioned 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks for posting.  Didnt half enjoy it.  No recollection of that game.

The guy Simpson looked terrific yet I have no recollection of him.

Niemi was a God of a keeper.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Willie Johnston free kick c.83/84 at Tynie. One down due to a Burns goal, Johnstone drove in a free kick iirc at the gorgie road end.

qualified us for Europe

Most already been mentioned. 

Austin McCann

Velicka at Parkhead

Miko 2007

Beattie  all been mentioned

Will throw in Laffertys goal in the 3-1 game at Tynecastle last season. 

Cochrane, Lafferty in the 4-0 and 1-0 games also worth a shout imo

Fitzroy Pointon
11 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

That was my first game at Tynecastle. I remember I had a "Santa is a Jambo" hat on. Never seen footage of the game. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

Fitzroy Pointon
5 hours ago, martoon said:

Midweek game a few weeks after the horrific semi final v. Airdrie. There was only a few hundred Jambos there and, tbh, I only attended because I happened to be in Glasgow that night. 

Never seen tv footage of the goal, don't know if any exists, but it helped keep us out of the relegation play off's that season. 

There is footage somewhere of it, taken from the Scottish news the next night.  Can't remember the goal exactly but in my minds eye he was clean through from about the half-way line. 

My old man took me, left about 10 minutes in to go for a pint and then collected me at the end. He had no bother finding me as the crowd was so small.

Fitzroy Pointon

I can't see past Jose's equaliser.  Any time I think of goals v. Celtic I think of that one.  Utter carnage when that went in. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, Chaps said:

Late Bednar goal start of 2006 from a wonderful Neil Lennon assist

Also.....

B138EA52-C99A-466B-9FA4-C3A4D549D9C6.jpeg

Gets my vote this one.

Robbo LC 96, Robbo SC 87, Milinkovic to make it 3-0, because then we really did know, all 3 goals April 2006, Skacel SC 2012

And whoever gets the winner in 10 days time

:verysmug:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, martoon said:

Only game I didn't go to, including every pre-season match that season.

If I remember correctly Colin Millar scored a belter in the first match at Hampden, rearranged, Hampden was waterlogged in December, only match I ever remember being cancelled at Hampden. We ended up taking in Motherwell v Aberdeen (who were honking, ended up in the play off) for a laugh at Aberdeens expense, only for them to win 1-0.