Hearts linked to Man Utd midfielder

LarrysRightFoot

He's a decent player. More than decent.

Would do well in the SPL for sure.

HAve u seen him play much, peanut?

Good news for a change, this is the type of player we should be going for imo.

Ryan Gosling
HAve u seen him play much, peanut?

Good news for a change, this is the type of player we should be going for imo.

Just in Carling Cup games, pre-season friendlies etc.

Probably a better option than Mikey. Very much a central midfielder, not defensive, not attacking.

certainly sounds promising, lets make him captain :)

haha good idea. (insert hidden sarcasm message here)

LarrysRightFoot

Meeko I understand what you are saying but the club still has a scouting network and its not uncommon for players to be signed by the club and not the manager - e.g. Nish going to Hibs, they had been trying to sign him even before Mixu took over. Having said that I understand your point and to an extent agree with you.

Jambof3tornado
How can we be in for him? Who makes these decisions? Considering we don't even have a manager?

Managers at clubs dont all that often find themselves players to sign so just because we are missing a vital link in our staff dont think that no one is hunting for signing targets. This would be a really good signing but I think that we will be used once again to improve the players profile just by having him linked with us.

Meeko I understand what you are saying but the club still has a scouting network and its not uncommon for players to be signed by the club and not the manager - e.g. Nish going to Hibs, they had been trying to sign him even before Mixu took over. Having said that I understand your point and to an extent agree with you.

Right but surely it would be the managers final decision on whether he comes or not? We don't have one to make that decision unlesss Vlad is making it?

I have no idea what he is like tbh. This sounds like a classic JKB moment, but he REALLY is good in Football Manager!:untitled:

Managers at clubs dont all that often find themselves players to sign so just because we are missing a vital link in our staff dont think that no one is hunting for signing targets. This would be a really good signing but I think that we will be used once again to improve the players profile just by having him linked with us.

Fair enough and i understand that point, i just think the final decision should be the managers.

type of player we should be going in for imo. and there will be plenty more very good spl quality players released from premiership teams. No reason why we shouldn't be in for them.

LarrysRightFoot
Right but surely it would be the managers final decision on whether he comes or not? We don't have one to make that decision unlesss Vlad is making it?

I am saying that to an extent i agree with you. I wouldnt be surprised if Vlad makes that decision, with some input from Korobochka. In an ideal world this wouldnt happen but its not uncommon at our club unfortunatly. Having said that, again, its not uncommon at other clubs either.

Scott_HMFC1874

surely if he wants to improve his profile he WONT want linked with us ;)

type of player we should be going in for imo. and there will be plenty more very good spl quality players released from premiership teams. No reason why we shouldn't be in for them.

Agreed. Try and get a couple of loan's aswell from Premiership teams, if the SPL teams all done this, got players on frees and loans then the standard of football up here would be alot better than it currently is.

We do have a sporting director or whatever the heck he's called these days. But I'm going to grab at straws and hope that this one has come from whoever we're unveiling as manager this week. Unlikely, but I've had enough pessimistic thoughts for one day already...

Agreed. Try and get a couple of loan's aswell from Premiership teams, if the SPL teams all done this, got players on frees and loans then the standard of football up here would be alot better than it currently is.

Aberdeens only good players imo last season were the two boys they brought in from Boro and Birmingham via loans

We do have a sporting director or whatever the heck he's called these days. But I'm going to grab at straws and hope that this one has come from whoever we're unveiling as manager this week. Unlikely, but I've had enough pessimistic thoughts for one day already...

Fingers crossed red, fingers crossed.

Jambof3tornado
Fair enough and i understand that point, i just think the final decision should be the managers.

Some players will be brought into clubs to be sold on,with or without any managers say so, ie Mascherano and Tevez. Remember that for us to improve as a club we will have to make money on players,although we must also put on a display play wise to get 17k bums on seats too!!!

The manager should get the final say on who plays,but not that bothered if he doesnt have the final word on players who come and go. He should manage the players he is given.

Surely from that list we are the most attractive prospect.

Couple of years back I would have agreed with you. But players talk and read newspapers as well..........

Couple of years back I would have agreed with you. But players talk and read newspapers as well..........

I know.

It was hopeful rather than stating a fact.

Maybe should've included an "aren't we?" at the end.

Can I just take this opportunity to point out that Michael Stewart is also an ex Manchester United midfielder. :eek: :eek:

MacDonald Jardine
I am saying that to an extent i agree with you. I wouldnt be surprised if Vlad makes that decision, with some input from Korobochka. In an ideal world this wouldnt happen but its not uncommon at our club unfortunatly. Having said that, again, its not uncommon at other clubs either.

The last time the manager (apparently) had a free reign in transfers was JJ amd the SMG money.

The ideal is probably somewhere in the middle.

Say What Again

I'm really not trying to put a negative spin on this, but if it was Hibs interested, the thread title would have been 'Hobos competing with Blackpool etc for released no mark'

:rofl:

etc.

scott herbertson

That's where there seems to be a common misconception.

Since robinson and JJ fell, where JJ's purchases were allegedly a big issue, heart have mostly had a Head Coach. Initially Lecein was hired in this role and as far as I can make out did not have the final say on transfers. He soon built his position to a point where he was trusted.

He was the last guy, as far as I can see , who was given the final decision on all signings.

It is quite common, especially when there structures which include Directors of Football, sporting directors and football mad owners, for the coach NOT to have the final say.

Like the vastmajority who post here I prefer it and think its better if the Coach is a manager and has the final say, but while Romanov owns Hearts and controls the spending of the money to make the signings, we can forget that idea.

Choosing the team is the next step down, and the best we can hope for while VR controls Hearts is that the January 1st statement is adhered to,

Nobody has signed anybody. Don't see the problem with letting the guy's agent know that we might be interested and to keep us in touch with developments.

What I am more concerned about right now is who is going to do the clear out of the other twenty three central midfielders we have.

Dr Ian Malcolm

On another note, is there anyone Burnley aren't signing?

mattyw_1874

Personaly never seen the boy play other than a couple of Carling Cup games but as a member of a Man Utd forum I can tell you there was a lot of hope for Jones at Man Utd. According to the majority he has a good first touch very comfortable pn the ball and has very good vision.

Not Man Utd standard but could give some of the crap we have a run for there money.

He is 6ft 2in and if he's a hard bar steward, that's what we need to allow flair players in MF to flourish.

Like he's going to come to us,The mad one has just said he wants to bring his players from his other clubs in Lithuania.The sooner he realises the players from there are crap the better.Clubs came in for Gordon,Pressle,Hartley,Webster,Driver,Berra all good BRITISH players,you never see anyone comming in for Miko,Chezny,no28 etc, why?Coz their crap thats why :mad:

alwaysthereinspirit
He's a decent player. More than decent.

Would do well in the SPL for sure.

Then a rumour is all it will be then. No decent player with any common sense will sign for Hearts during this off season. Mad has lost the plot a little bit more every season. This manager search is just becoming :sad:

hmfcdarren
Then a rumour is all it will be then. No decent player with any common sense will sign for Hearts during this off season.

This is NOT a rumour...he was in Edinburgh on Sunday having a medical.

Whether he signs or not is a different story.

I personally wouldn't seen as we don't have a manger but hey...each to their own

Ryan Gosling
Confirms what the Edinburgh Evening News are saying today.

Can he play up front?:wink:

And what are they saying? :P

The People's Chimp
Who's signing him? Mr Position Vacant?

I think that Ian Cognito authorised his signing.

Archived