Midfield next season...

K1874M

The stewart thread got me thinking, who would you play in midfield next season...

If no one else comes in or leaves from that dept who would you pick....

Midfielders at the club.

Stewart

Larry

Bruno

Ruben

Eggert

Miko

Chesney

Driver

Its a tough one as you've for 4 players who play through the middle... 5 if you include Larry but none of them come over as being massivly attacking...

I'm struggling with who to leave out of the middle.... Its between Ruben, Bruno and Eggert with Larry on the right and Driver on the left. All of them seem so similar.... Would probably play eggert as he really could become a top player with the more games he gets.

Then would have to leave out bruno or ruben.... again I think Ruben would have to stay put due to his season last season and make Bruno work for his place.

Tough one.

Toxteth O'Grady
The stewart thread got me thinking, who would you play in midfield next season...

Midfielders at the club.

Stewart

Larry

Bruno

Ruben

Eggert

Miko

Chesney

Driver

Its a tough one as you've for 4 players who play through the middle... 5 if you include Larry but none of them come over as being massivly attacking...

I'm struggling with who to leave out of the middle.... Its between Ruben, Bruno and Eggert with Larry on the right and Driver on the left. All of them seem so similar.... Would probably play eggert as he really could become a top player with the more games he gets.

Then would have to leave out bruno or ruben.... again I think Ruben would have to stay put due to his season last season and make Bruno work for his place.

Tough one.

Bullet Larry Ruben Driver

rudi must stay

Midfielders at the club.

Stewart

Larry

Bruno

Ruben

Eggert

Miko

Chesney

Driver

Tough one.

has Screpis left? He looked a decent player in the few games he played imo

has Screpis left? He looked a decent player in the few games he played imo

haha totally forgot about him... thats another one then.

So its

Rambo

Stewart

Larry

Bruno

Ruben

Eggert

Miko

Chesney

Driver

Gigolo-Aunt

Feck knows.

IMO some poor players, some ok and a couple of good players in that lot.

Too inconsitant (sp) for me though.

Not much point being a tampon player and doing in one week in four.

right mid between larry and miko

centre mid: eggert and either bruno or rueben (too similar to play together)

left mid: driver of chesney

** wouldnt be surprise if we see a 5 man midfield and one upfront

------------------pinilla-----------------------

driver/ches---------------------------larry/miko

----------bruno---eggert---rueben-------------

Jambof3tornado

The whole team should be built around kingston to allow him to dictate the way we play as he clearly is the most skillful player we have. No point having pacey wingers coz we never see them heading for the bye line and crossing the ball in. Its lacking in creativity given the players we have. Not convinced that Bruno will get near the 1st team for a long while,Ruben should be a regualr as he looked not bad last season.

Miko IMO will have his best season yet. My thinking behind this is that he has seen his mate play ok for half a season,then move on and end up earning an absolute fortune at Rangers. If there ever was a dangling carrot for Miko to chase it is there now,possibly the same with Chesney. If he can stay fit we may get the best out of him.

All this is dependant on a manager coming in who knows WTF scottish football is all about!!

haha totally forgot about him... thats another one then.

So its

Rambo

Stewart

Larry

Bruno

Ruben

Eggert

Miko

Chesney

Driver

Bes??

Bes??

Good point I for got about the slowest pacey player to play at the club.

Has he been spotted since his return?

I doubt it, he doesn't like the Scottish weather :rolleyes::mad:

I think it was on Talk 107 that he is back, not actually seen him anywhere though, not in any pics I've seen

---------------Pinilla-----Nade---------------

Driver/Beslija------------------------Larry/Miko

---------------Eggert---Ruben-------------

I'd go for that with Stewart, Bruno on the bench to start off with.

But to be honest I dont know what the **** im talking about.

i'd have:

driver palazuelos aguiar kingston

miko and johnson on the bench

stewart and maybe beslija transfer listed

screpis and cesnauskis in reserve

Oh the hibees are gay

Id go for

.............Pinilla....Glen..............

Driver/Chesney................Kingston/Miko

...............Eggert.......Ruben...............

Subs

Nade

Aguiar

Mcgowan

I would only Play Jonsson as part of a 3 man centre mid, or if we were playing Larry at centre mid along with him. I'd actually like to see a 4-5-1 :peepwall: slash 4-3-3 with Miko and Chesney as the two wingers, and Jonsson just sitting in front of the defence and Larry and someone else in centre mid (Aguiar would probably be my preference).

Jonsson

Larry Bruno

Miko Chesney

This would basically be a complete rip off of Chelsea under Mourinho, with Jonsson playing the Makalele role.

rudi must stay
Don't forget McGowan.

yup. Could be a big year for him as well, look how well Jonsson did this year, he's now pretty much a regular starter :)

hmfc_liam06

with the midfield we have it could be tempting to copy the ac milan blueprint and play 4 central midfielders in a diamond formation. obviously we would need to sign 2 quality wing backs to apply width though!!

Palazuelos/Screpis Left of diamond

Kingston Right of Diamond

Jonsson/Palazuelos Defensive Midfield

Aguiar Attacking Midfield

Our current crop of wingers just aint up to the job!!

Tynecastle Valhalla

personally i would play:

beslija aguir ruben screpis

kingston

we only have one striker in pinilla so play 5 in midfield with kingston supporting.

I can definatley see where CCP is coming from.

I certainly wouldn't be against a midfield of:

Saulius Mikoliunas

Laryea Kingston

Eggert Jonsson

Ruben Palazeulos

Deividas Cesnauskis

With Pinigol up front.

There is no doubt on its day it could rip shreds out of every team in the SPL but well our players are not known for their consistent performances.

I'd like to go with a 3-5-2 this season with the midfield of:

Chesny Kingston Aguiar/Ruben Screpis Driver

I'd normally prefer to play 4-4-2 but with the current squad we dont have the full backs to play that formation.

I would like to see

........................Goalkeeper.........................

Right back...Centre back..Centre back.....Wallace

..........................Jonsson..........................

Larry.....................Ruben......................Miko

............................Glen.............................

...........................Pinigol...........................

Glen played just off the striker quite alot in the 19s games i watched and looked good there.

We can dream.

a fully fit aguiar was a fantastic player,

i remember games aginst celtic and motherwell where he was best player on the park.

but as others have said like many other hearts players pretty inconsistent.

on a side note driver best games were when he played out on the right anyone remember the game at parkhead?

Alan Johnson
---------------Pinilla-----Nade---------------

Driver/Beslija------------------------Larry/Miko

---------------Eggert---Ruben-------------

I'd go for that with Stewart, Bruno on the bench to start off with.

But to be honest I dont know what the **** im talking about.

considering that you've got pinilla and nade in the same team that would seem pretty accurate ;)

Don't forget McGowan.

It says so much about last season that his 1 run against Gretna was one of the highlights of last season!

I think that the group of players listed above by others lacks the aggression, power, pace, will to win, ball winning, goalscoring etc to succeed in the premier league in Scotland. Players such as Aguiar and Palazuelos are too slow and lightweight and we should look to move them on so they could succeed in a league suited to their talents.

If we try to go into next season with the midfield 'talents' of last year, we will have a similar league result as last year.

I would look to Jonsson and Driver (and probably Miko given his good form from the turn of last year) as the only players to try to build on and bring in other recruits. Specifically at least 1 and perhaps 2 holding midfielders. Kingston is the exception though - as if a manager could get some discipline and team work out of him he could be one of the best players in the league. In our setup the mince from Kingston of the last 18 months is more likely though.

Ewan Murray is reporting that Screpis does not have any deal at the moment - with Hearts refusing to extend his deal.

First I'd heard of it.

Ewan Murray is reporting that Screpis does not have any deal at the moment - with Hearts refusing to extend his deal.

First I'd heard of it.

He was so similar to Aguiar and Palazeulos - slow, lacked aggression and bite, and weak in the tackle. But decent footballers. You can see why these guys were signed - on their showreel DVDs they will show really nice touches.

But they have been signed by people who have not understood how to win in the SPL. Look at Burley's midfield signing - Brellier. Now he was a player who could dominate an SPL midfield. Vlad's midfield signings - Besijla, Aguiar, Palazuelos, Ksnavicius, Pilbaitis, Screpis, Ivaskevicius etc. None of them with any bite or will to win.

Top of his game Aguiar is a class player. With some consistency and if he manages to avoid injuries coulbe be one of the better players in our squad.

I understand what coco was saying though, SPL players don't need to be fancy to win.

I can definatley see where CCP is coming from.

I certainly wouldn't be against a midfield of:

Saulius Mikoliunas

Laryea Kingston

Eggert Jonsson

Ruben Palazeulos

Deividas Cesnauskis

With Pinigol up front.

There is no doubt on its day it could rip shreds out of every team in the SPL but well our players are not known for their consistent performances.

Chesney and Miko would certainly be the weak links, if they both played well they'd cause some real trouble but if even one of them didnt turn up we'd be fecked.

Dear Mauricio

No pressure but you're our only hope

Love

Hearts Fans

That is the real problem with our squad.

We have a huge amount of midfielders and one striker over the age of 21. The squad needs overhauled.

As for Midfielders, Aguiar is rubbish, the worst of the non-Lihuanian bunch IMO.

Ibrahim Tall
That is the real problem with our squad.

We have a huge amount of midfielders and one striker over the age of 21. The squad needs overhauled.

As for Midfielders, Aguiar is rubbish, the worst of the non-Lihuanian bunch IMO.

Pinilla/Makela/Nade? Clum must be nearly that aswell i think.

Pinilla/Makela/Nade? Clum must be nearly that aswell i think.

I don't think we will see Makela in a Hearts jersey again. The same goes for Nade whom I would expect to see at Crystal Palace next year. Calum would be there or there abouts though. He has stated that he intends to leave and is just waiting for a manager to be appointed. We can only hope that the funky rooster follows through with his interest in him.

So, yeah, Pinilla, Mole, Glen, Robinson and Kostadinov. I think that is it.

Ryan Gosling
I don't think we will see Makela in a Hearts jersey again. The same goes for Nade whom I would expect to see at Crystal Palace next year. Calum would be there or there abouts though. He has stated that he intends to leave and is just waiting for a manager to be appointed. We can only hope that the funky rooster follows through with his interest in him.

So, yeah, Pinilla, Mole, Glen, Robinson and Kostadinov. I think that is it.

Templeton too. He's 19.

Archived