Hearts Performance Gap

Deodato

JKB, 

Given what Hearts have got in terms of finances, fans, stadium and infrastructure - there's a gap between where we are and where we should be, agreed? Agreed. So, into the summer, the prospect for a new manager to come in should be an inviting one - everything is now in place to fill the gap and get from sixth to second. Just saying, onlooking managers would view the table as it stands as a tempting proposition. We should go shopping as soon as the cup final is over. 

Deodato 

image.thumb.png.abd7b9b3c9c3642255d6d7deeb6e12e7.png

Agreed. 

We need to go out and get a striker than actually knows where the net is. Naismith can obviously do that but his knee issue needs to thought about in context to next season if he stays. We cannot afford to pin our hopes and dreams on him, for him to break down again. Younger legs needed. Hopefully, Keena is that lad as the whole point of a youth system is to be able to turn to youngsters and save money to allow for better and more expensive players elsewhere. I'm saying Naismith should stay but we need to be aware that he probably will keep picking up niggles and sign appropriate back up.

I don't believe the manager situation is going to change, and folk are probably going to take the piss but we need to get Lockie in that dressing room. He can motivate players for fun and that team needs motivation. He's not got it as manager and thats okay, but as a coach and motivator he has what we need. 

Midfield we have Cadden and Bryson getting linked which is good but we need wholesale change. Haring is the only player that has impressed me. Lee, Djoum and Boz do not have it and as senior players at a club our size we absolutely need to make changes. The thought of Cochrane, Irvine and McDonald learning from players of this standard frightens me. 

I want a total mentality change in that dressing room because its beginning to feel like mediocrity is okay. Its okay to get beat at home, its okay to lose the derby. Its utterly pathetic and does not reflect well on the standard of players we have. I want players that would stab their granny for a win. Hopefully MacPhee might be able to find a few gems from N.ireland and Levein can pull more older Scots in (Adam, Wallace, Gordon types). 

Admire the positivity mate, but every season we try and do this. Wholesale player turnover, and in 7 years its lead to how many pieces of silverware..?

Wouldnt mind some level of continuity. Don’t forget that the 2nd and sometimes 3rd tiers in England pay better than SPL so  a club our size is left with scraps in the market.

Our position and goal difference is nothing short of abysmal.  I don't care where we were back before admin, look where we are here and now and look where we are going into the future. Will fans, will you, will I pay FIVE HUNDRED QUID for another season of this?!

We have the crowds, we have the stadium we have a decent bank balance comparable to other clubs in our league.  You have to wonder just where it's going so wrong.  Unfortunately that blame lies at the door of one man for me. 

Just now, Sarah O said:

Our position and goal difference is nothing short of abysmal.  I don't care where we were back before admin, look where we are here and now and look where we are going into the future. Will fans, will you, will I pay FIVE HUNDRED QUID for another season of this?!

We have the crowds, we have the stadium we have a decent bank balance comparable to other clubs in our league.  You have to wonder just where it's going so wrong.  Unfortunately that blame lies at the door of one man for me. 

No-one is held to accountable. 

Levein won't go and Budge is too spineless to axe him. 

Nothing will change. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

No-one is held to accountable. 

Levein won't go and Budge is too spineless to axe him. 

Nothing will change. 

Exactly my point.

FWIW Ann is of course a hero and Levein is undeniably a PHM but bloody hell. Something needs a shake!

weegie jambo

Even Mickey Stewart for all his hatred of Levein said on the radio today that given how well the club is run, outwith the team, given the money within the club (benefactors, FOH etc) there is no reason why we shouldn't be challenging for 2nd place every season and going out to buy the players to take us to that position.