Will we win again this season?

hearts00

Doesn't feel like it. 

Hopefully, Celtic write us off completely given current form looks like continuing, and we produce one of those performances in the final, perhaps getting some good luck cause we surely had none in the league cup semi-final. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hearts00

• Lovecraft

• Cade

• dannymack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Half time pie

God help us. We will either stun Hampden and the SFA or be completely humiliated. Hope it’s the former.

copa-mundial

No. 

We're fecking woeful!! It pains me to say that, but it's true. No one can defend the way we are playing right now and have been since the league cup semi final. 

Seriously, if I had been out walking and todays game was played on a public pitch. I wouldn't have stood around to watch. 

12 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Would imagine we'll beat Aberdeen as it's what we do, and fluke a draw off Hibs. Wouldn't punt more than a fiver on it, mind.

Is it?

We haven't won in our last 5 trips to Pittodrie. 

SpruceBringsteen
6 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Is it?

We haven't won in our last 5 trips to Pittodrie. 

Aye? I can't even remember losing to Aberdeen for about 8 year. :lol:

Oh well, mark me down for a solitary point against Hibs then.

2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Genuinely interested in people’s thoughts. I think there is a real chance we won’t win again. 

No

If they continue to play like today they should be fully rested for the final. I am clutching at straws.

Scott980612

In all honesty - we are duff 

I wouldn’t bet on us getting any more  points-  bar maybe killie at home.  

Cup final is a one off game - where anything can happen.  

Different mentality  

Huge atmosphere. 

Unbelievable opportunity to win silverware  

Players playing to the occasion 

likelihood - Celtic win comfy - as there better than us & have better players  

that’s why they’ll be odds on  

football is a funny old game though.  

And if Leicester can do a miracle season at 5000/1

It’s not impossible hearts hearts do a miracle “ 90” minutes.  

Ands that’s what I’ll cling on to. 

Regardless of how rest of season goes and cup final result. 

Levein goes . 

rick witter
5 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Aye? I can't even remember losing to Aberdeen for about 8 year. :lol:

Oh well, mark me down for a solitary point against Hibs then.

We were 1 nil down at Pittodrie last time after 45 seconds!!!!!

I'm usually quite philosophical about things - but today's game really was depressing stuff. We were truly awful against a very average Rangers side. 

I just hope that somehow we produce a performance on cup final day - but play like we did today and we have no chance.

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

We were 1 nil down at Pittodrie last time after 45 seconds!!!!!

Note my location, I was probably still in my scratcher. ?

skinnybob72

Our next win will be against Auchenshoogle Talbot or some such team in next season’s League Cup group stage. 

I'm not confident at all of winning the cup. Unfortunately Celtic look too strong an opponent. 

We tend to up our game against Hibs and Aberdeen. Our record at Pittodrie has been atrocious for the last decade. Hibs still seem to be in the honeymoon period with their new manager. They've been one of the form teams of late. Not confident of getting a result against them.  Killie is our best bet and even then thats going to be a tough match.

The league is over for us this season (sadly it has been for some time) -  the best we can hope for is to somehow win the Scottish cup against a dominant Celtic side. Luck has most definitely been on our side with the draws in the Scottish cup and few can argue we are fortunate to be in the final but thankfully we have something to look forward to - if someone had said at the start of the season we'd win the Scottish cup and finish 6 - I'd have jumped on that! Overall it has been an incredibly frustrating season - injuries have occurred at key periods in the season to the detriment of our season.

Pasquale for King
On 21/04/2019 at 00:19, Gorillajam said:

I'm not confident at all of winning the cup. Unfortunately Celtic look too strong an opponent. 

We tend to up our game against Hibs and Aberdeen. Our record at Pittodrie has been atrocious for the last decade. Hibs still seem to be in the honeymoon period with their new manager. They've been one of the form teams of late. Not confident of getting a result against them.  Killie is our best bet and even then thats going to be a tough match.

The league is over for us this season (sadly it has been for some time) -  the best we can hope for is to somehow win the Scottish cup against a dominant Celtic side. Luck has most definitely been on our side with the draws in the Scottish cup and few can argue we are fortunate to be in the final but thankfully we have something to look forward to - if someone had said at the start of the season we'd win the Scottish cup and finish 6 - I'd have jumped on that! Overall it has been an incredibly frustrating season - injuries have occurred at key periods in the season to the detriment of our season.

In recent times we rarely beat Hibs away, Killie at home, Aberdeen away or at Celtic Park. As for the final it will need a miracle combined with a bent Hun ref. Depressing stuff and renewing my season ticket is getting more of a chore every year.

On 21/04/2019 at 00:51, Nelly Terraces said:

In the past 2 seasons we've only won 1 on 10 top 6 games. Today makes it 1 in 11.

We are shite.

Atrocious statistic.

Do the right thing Craig.  What will it take?

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, Jambos1983 said:

Couldn't care less if we win the last game of the season

...is the correct answer.

Hibernian 3 v 0 Heart of Midlothian

Heart of Midlothian 1 v 2 Kilmarnock 

Aberdeen 2 v 0 Heart of Midlothian

Celtic 4 v 0 Heart of Midlothian

Heart of Midlothian 1 v 1 Celtic*

*Hearts win on penalties 

Celtic really, really, really need to have a bad day at the office for Hearts to even have a sniff of winning in 90 minutes, I expect Hearts to sit back and soak up all the intense pressure and cave in within the first 5/10 minutes, Hearts will continue to be on the back foot but for once in our life Lady Luck will sprinkle some luck on us, we'll equalise and see it out to the penalties, Scott Brown will crash his penalty off Bobby's Bar to win us the cup. 

EASY ! 

On 20/04/2019 at 13:51, Nelly Terraces said:

In the past 2 seasons we've only won 1 on 10 top 6 games. Today makes it 1 in 11.

We are shite.

It’s an eye opener if you look at our post-split record in full since it came in during the 2000-2001 season.

19 wins from 70 matches.   

There’s seasons we’ve switched off after “job done” in the prior 33 games but when we’ve needed a strong finish in the last 5 matches we’ve toiled to find the fight for it. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s an eye opener if you look at our post-split record in full since it came in during the 2000-2001 season.

19 wins from 70 matches.   

There’s seasons we’ve switched off after “job done” in the prior 33 games but when we’ve needed a strong finish in the last 5 matches we’ve toiled to find the fight for it. 

Seriously ? 

That's absolutely embarrassing, shocking, abysmal, diabolical, atrocious, GARBAGE ! 

FB_IMG_1521837162505.jpg

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

19 wins from 70 matches.   

That's shite. Truely terrible. 

Also says that our problems are far deeper than Craig Levein. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Has there ever been a team that has not won a point in the top six after the split?

If there hasn't been then I think we will give it a bloody good go at trying to be the first.

shaun.lawson
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

19 wins from 70 matches.   

Doesn't open my eyes. I doubt many non-OF clubs have done much better in that time.

The split is an artificial nonsense which creates an imbalanced, unfair league. And the nature of the Scottish league is that, with Celtic usually over the hills and far away by this stage, teams in 2nd/3rd/4th have something to play for; teams in 5th/6th often have nothing to play for, so naturally can't get motivated.

I'd be very interested to see how often league positions between 3rd and 6th have changed between 33 games and 38 games. I doubt it's all that many tbh.

JamboGraham
11 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

19 wins from 70 matches.   

Not great reading...assume to get 70 matches you have excluded when we have been in the bottom six? Not that our bottom six post split record would do much to boost this...

JamboGraham
1 minute ago, old school tie said:

Also, has a team ever finished the season in the top six with a - goal difference :cornette_dog:

Plenty...

shaun.lawson
6 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Not great reading

Subtract matches v OF - often both going for the title, with the rest of us miles back - and that makes 14 from 44. About one in three, which borders upon normal. We've beaten the OF a handful of times post-split (five times, IIRC?), but at other times, Aberdeen or Dundee United or even Motherwell have been very good. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

10 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Not great reading...assume to get 70 matches you have excluded when we have been in the bottom six? Not that our bottom six post split record would do much to boost this...

Aye, just top 6 stats. 

33 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Seriously ? 

That's absolutely embarrassing, shocking, abysmal, diabolical, atrocious, GARBAGE ! 

FB_IMG_1521837162505.jpg

36 defeats, 15 draws. 

Maybe Shaun has a point but all the same it shows how prone we are to switching off. He’s did well to break it down and make it look better but we’ve lost a lot of matches to supposed weaker clubs. 

Its something alot of people talk about when we discuss improving our mentality and still bringing a good attitude even when games don’t seem to count so much. 

Its about what you engrain and make it become 2nd nature. 

10 hours ago, old school tie said:

Also, has a team ever finished the season in the top six with a - goal difference :cornette_dog:

You are meaning a negative goal difference? Will need to look into that one

10 hours ago, old school tie said:

I'm pretty sure we've done it before.

OmiyaHearts

I don't think we will but I don't really care anyway, the season is done and probably 1% chance of winning the cup.

Get the cup final pumping out the way and forget about the whole sorry affair. Then hopefully looking forward to next season with a new manager.

letsalldothebeattie

Unless something drastic changes in the coming games I find it hard to see where a result will be coming from. Theirs been nothing shown from those in the shirt to show we are capable 

Always confidant playing hibs. Killie should be a win and the Cup final is whoever has the bottle on the day. 

Its been a frustrating season. I hope we finish it on a high. 

Lets be honest we're all looking forward to the cup final

A_A wehatethehibs

Our season comes down to one game now. The league story won’t change now, the story is, Hearts never recovered from the injury implosion. That won’t change even if we won every league game, it’s too late. It’s obvious that after that injury nightmare, Levein tried to tighten things and get us playing simple direct football but it was not anywhere near good enough. His big January signing Vanacek flopped and there are major question marks over his future.

But the cup is a different story, the league season is all but forgotten if we can somehow turn over the Celtic juggernaut in the final, against all odds. A win would be a sensational moment in Hearts history. Equally if we get hammered as a result of not being brave enough, it will be very ugly for  Levein.